wayward children

wayward children

Postby slk2295 on Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:22 pm

Hi, my youngest son is turning 16 next week, and for the past year or so he's been questioning his faith in Jesus (at best)... or possibly even willfully rejecting Jesus? I'm not sure and he won't discuss it with me. He was baptized by choice at 10 or 11, and at the time said he was saved, but only he and Jesus really know for sure.<br>
<br>
His girlfriend claims to be an athiest. She's a sweet girl, and they've been dating for like a year and a half now. Her whole family is athiest, and I know this has had an effect on my son. And now the two of them seem to be having some negative effect on my oldest daughter's faith. <br>
<br>
In addition to this, my oldest son just joined the Marines (posted below), and last August my husband flipped out one morning and started punching me in the face in front of our 2 yr old twins. He was arrested, and I'm now going through a divorce. My cousin and uncle both have severe cancer.... I guess our whole family could really use some prayer. <br>
<br>
And, you know, in spite of all of this, I'm at peace. I'm so grateful for Jesus in my life! My kids, though spiritually challenged, are healthy, I'm healthy, and God is carrying us through one day at a time. Thank you Lord Jesus!<br>
<br>
And thanks for your prayers!<br>
Shanna<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
slk2295

praying

Postby AngieKat on Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:24 pm

I will pray for you Shanna. Keep strong! We love you! <br>
<br>
Angie <br>
<p></p><i></i>
AngieKat

Re: praying

Postby habakkuk15 on Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:21 pm

HTML Comments are not allowed <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub149.ezboard.com/bherbsdiscussionboard.showUserPublicProfile?gid=habakkuk15>habakkuk15</A> at: 4/8/04 7:24 pm<br></i>
habakkuk15

Postby habakkuk15 on Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:25 pm

Dear Shanna<br>
You certainly have had a rough time of it. I will pray for you, my sister in Christ.<br>
<br>
I was also blessed to see the thread you posted concerning the memorization of God's Word. When I was a young man in the service, I used the "Topical Memory System" by the Navigators. It comes available in several translations. Most Christian bookstores stock this item. <br>
<br>
<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>I also recommend reading the Word out loud</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->.<br>
<br>
<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> Romans 10:17 <br>
<br>
<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>I also recommend listening to the Bible read out loud on audiocassete or CD.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> Again, available in several translations. Personally, I am a KJV man, but I think the New Living Translation dramatized and read by Mike Kellogg is excellent.<br>
<br>
<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>I also recommend praying the Word.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> Pray the prayers of Jesus, Paul, Peter for your friends and family.<br>
<br>
Purpose in your heart that you want to hide God's Word in your heart, and pray, asking God to give you this desire. You are praying in accordance to God's Word, and God delights in answering these type of prayers.<br>
<br>
You are a true sister of Christ and God loves you very much.<br>
Respectfully <br>
Johnny <p></p><i></i>
habakkuk15

Postby PAM on Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:24 pm

I will be praying for your family Shanna. <p></p><i></i>
PAM

Return to Prayer Requests