Pray for Texas

Pray for Texas

Postby Jericho on Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:48 am

We’re having a rough time here in Texas. Many have been without power for several days in freezing cold weather. Many are also without water due to pipes breaking. None of us were prepared to be without power this long.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Re: Pray for Texas

Postby burien1 on Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:11 am

A lot of people on Fb are praying for all of you !

:praying: :comfort:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby ToledoDebbie on Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:43 am

Jericho, I am praying for you and yours and also for my brother and his family who are living through this nightmare! :praying: :praying:
ToledoDebbie

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:13 pm

:praying: for your safety, Jericho as well as all those suffering this cold in Texas.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:19 pm

Another individual (on a blog I read) mentioned a ‘rolling-blackout’ mandated by the governor. Every 15 minutes the electricity goes off in an effort to conserve electricity in Texas.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jericho on Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:05 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:Another individual (on a blog I read) mentioned a ‘rolling-blackout’ mandated by the governor. Every 15 minutes the electricity goes off in an effort to conserve electricity in Texas.

The power came on around 2:15am for 2-3 hours. It's on again at this moment but I don't know for how long. On top of that it appears we have a broken water pipe. It's going to be awhile before things get back to normal here. It's like it is after a hurricane hits.

The power has never been out this long due to a winter storm and it never should have happened. I'm not sure the exact cause of it. Some say it's because wind and solar freezing up. Some say it's became our power is privatized. There's a lot of finger pointing going on but something needs to change so it never happens again.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Loop on Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:37 am

My cousins who live in Houston just got their power back on yesterday, hope its still on...
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby Jericho on Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:57 am

Loop wrote:My cousins who live in Houston just got their power back on yesterday, hope its still on...

Great, power has been on here since last night. Now we have to contend with broken water pipes.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby burien1 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:45 am

Jericho wrote:
Loop wrote:My cousins who live in Houston just got their power back on yesterday, hope its still on...

Great, power has been on here since last night. Now we have to contend with broken water pipes.

Frozen water pipes are the biggest pain. I always prepare for ice storms here every year, but if it is cold enough and no heat tape on lines, you can't stop the pipes from freezing. Another reason I will never own an electric stove. Can still cook and boil water on a gas stove.
Hope your electric. Stays on and the water pipe is located where you can get to it easily. I was never so lucky.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Loop on Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:45 pm

I hate frozen pipes. Hope you get them fixed quickly and easily, "well anyway as easily as frozen water pipes can be to fix"...
We at least have free gas so happy about that...
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:27 pm

Prayers for all those suffering in Texas. I remember years back we had the October storm (I live near Buffalo NY) and were without power for five days. It was rough. The stores ran out of generators within hours. Fortunatley we have a woodstove for heat. Our biggest concern was our food in the fridge and freezer and also that our basement would flood. U to that point we had never lost power for more than an hour or two. We were able to borrow a generator the second day, which was enough to keep our food cold and sump pump going. Since then we bought our own generator and an emergency sump pump.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:37 am

This morning's news mentioned a man who received a bill from his utility co. for $7,000.00!

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/02/20/dal ... er-storms/

:whaa:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby extravagantchristian on Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:52 am

Praying!
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby ToledoDebbie on Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:55 pm

Jericho, glad you have heat, but, I feel for you with your broken water pipes. My Brother also had several pipes that burst. He had turned off the water and let all of the facets run to try and empty them out, but, still must have been some water in there that froze! He has a wood burning fireplace that really helped when it got so cold. They closed off all the rooms and hung up blankets over the windows and between rooms that didn't have doors and he said they were able to keep their main family room about 60 degrees with the fire going full blast. They also have a gas stove and thankfully had stocked up on drinks, water and non-perishable food before the storm hit. They have electricity and heat now, but, he is concerned about what his electric bill is going to look like when it comes!! Hope you can get your pipes repaired, plumbers are going to make a ton of money for many months to come :grin:
ToledoDebbie

Postby Jericho on Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:34 pm

Exactly one week ago it was freezing with snow and ice on the ground. Today it's a sunny 67 degrees. What a difference a week in Texas can make. We still are still without running water due to a PVC pipe shortage. My brother has a number of breaks in his house too. But I'm thankfully we have power and the sun is shinning again.

:sunshine:
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:40 am

Jericho wrote:Exactly one week ago it was freezing with snow and ice on the ground. Today it's a sunny 67 degrees. What a difference a week in Texas can make. We still are still without running water due to a PVC pipe shortage. My brother has a number of breaks in his house too. But I'm thankfully we have power and the sun is shinning again.

:sunshine:

Praying for all of you, Jericho!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Return to Prayer Requests