False prophets

(heavily moderated)

False prophets

Postby extravagantchristian on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:19 am

I've had a weird idea bouncing around my mind lately, i was wondering what you all think...

I'll come back and fill in the exact bible verses later, but my theory is this:

What if, when we get raptured, our souls are taken up, but our bodies are left behind...

And what if, there is a war in heaven at that time, and the restrainer is taken out of the way, and the "many false prophets" that Jesus warned of, who do signs and wonders are allowed to use our bodies at that time, to decieve many?

The reason I ask is, I've been wondering, who are these false prophets? Where do they get their power? Where do they get their body? Who's body will they use?

I think we skip over that part alot but Jesus really tired to communicate to us that there will be MANY. FALSE. PROPHETS. WORKING. SIGNS. AND WONDERS. TO. DECIEVE. MANY.

Just let that sink in. Imagine what that will be like.

No, we haven't seen anything like it before, not even close.

I'm not starting this topic to debate rapture timing or who the restrainer is. That doesn't matter. I'm talking about the false prophets who are coming to earth. We know the AC is coming to earth, but it's not just him. He is bringing others with him. Many others, Jesus said in Matt 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13.
extravagantchristian

Re: False prophets

Postby 1whowaits on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:39 pm

EC, Matt 24 refers to 'many' coming in Jesus' name and claiming to be the 'Christ' and deceiving many, and many false prophets appearing and deceiving. Jesus states this in the context of the 'beginning of birthpangs, nations rising against nations, etc, which may be the period prior to the GT, when the AC and the real FP appear.

My theory is that Gog-Magog occurs prior to or at the beginning of the 70th week, the time of the beginning of birthpangs. While the rest of the world falls into chaos, God blesses Israel and Israel rises in prominence on the world stage. The appearance of false 'christs' would appear to be significant to Israel as it would be Israel that would be actively looking for the Christ following an event like Gog-Magog. The false prophets may also be primarily in Israel proclaiming themselves as false christ's or pointing the way toward certain individuals, serving as a false 'voice crying in the wilderness'.

The false christ's and prophets who are shown to be false may prepare the way for the ultimate false christ and false prophet who will come with the work of Satan, with all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders and every sort of evil that deceives.. (2 Thess 2).

As far as our earthly bodies, Paul states in 1 Cor 15 that we will be 'changed', the mortal will be clothed with immortality, the perishable clothed with the imperishable. The implication would be that our bodies will not be left behind but be transformed from an earthly state to a new, immortal body, like Christ's (His body was raised, not left behind).
1whowaits

Postby SueAnn on Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:19 pm

1whowaits wrote:
The implication would be that our bodies will not be left behind but be transformed from an earthly state to a new, immortal body, like Christ's (His body was raised, not left behind).

Wow! That makes perfect sense. I never thought of it that way. Just wow.
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby extravagantchristian on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:00 am

Yeah I've always assumed that our bodies will not be left behind. The only verse i can think of that might suggest otherwise is " where the carcass is the eagles will be gathered" it's given in the context of the false prophets in Matthew 24.
A carcass would be a dead body, and the eagles gathered would suggest people gathering around to see the signs and wonders. What a creepy thought though.

Another example of a dead body being used by an evil spirit might be the antichrist. I'm pretty sure Satan will enter his body after his mortal head wound.

Maybe the false prophets will be mostly located in Israel but I'm not too sure about that either.

But, who are they? Where do they get their bodies? It says there will be MANY of them. Are they humans possessed with evil spirits? How and when do they receive their power?
extravagantchristian

Postby 1whowaits on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:32 pm

EC, the AC appears to have a fatal head wound, but he is not dead (he may be mostly dead, but not completely dead) and his apparently fatal wound is healed. In this context in Rev 13 Satan is described as giving his authority to the beast, so it may be Satan who heals the wound. With Satan's pride it would seem unlikely he would give the AC his authority without exacting some price from the AC, like possession.

As the AC has the authority of Satan, he likely has some of his power, as also the FP may share- 'he spoke like a dragon. He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf..' Rev 13.

So the AC and the FP may have some of the power of a fallen angel and can work counterfeit miracles and wonders, which the many false prophets do not have. In a world that has suffered great destruction that many will think is the end, many false prophets in Israel and the world over can arise and make certain claims, which they do not have the power or authority to back up.

But the AC and FP will have some supernatural power and authority from Satan that will deceive many and set them above all other false prophets and false christs. Their power and authority from Satan will be overcome by the true Christ when He returns.
1whowaits

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:59 am

1whowaits wrote: In a world that has suffered great destruction that many will think is the end, many false prophets in Israel and the world over can arise and make certain claims, which they do not have the power or authority to back up.

But the AC and FP will have some supernatural power and authority from Satan that will deceive many and set them above all other false prophets and false christs. Their power and authority from Satan will be overcome by the true Christ when He returns.

But the false prophets WILL have power to deceive, they WILL HAVE POWER to do signs and wonders. That's what makes them so dangerous. Not just signs and wonders, GREAT SIGNS AND WONDERS.

Matthew 24
5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.

24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.

26 “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

Mark 13
5 And Jesus, answering them, began to say: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 6 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am He,’ and will deceive many.

21 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it. 22 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 23 But take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.

The many "false prophets" will get power from Satan too, like the AC and False Prophet. It's like Satan and His army are coming to earth, not just satan himself.

It kind of reminds me of the Locusts in Rev, it says they have faces like men. Makes me wonder if they really are locusts or if that's a symbolic thing.

Luke 21 does not use the word false prophet, or mention their signs and wonders. But Matthew and Mark do. I don't know if that's significant.

So if we are leaving earth via rapture, and satan and his demons are coming to earth, it makes me wonder what body they will use?
extravagantchristian

Postby 1whowaits on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:10 pm

EC, Rev 12 describes a war in heaven in which Satan is defeated, and he loses his place in heaven and is cast down to earth. Satan has a place in heaven? Is he not already on earth? It appears that Satan has limited access to the place of God's throne as described in Job, but he does have access to the spirit realm. In Job God asked Satan where he had been and Satan indicated he had been roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it, apparently Satan has the ability to travel directly through the earth, perhaps by using the spirit realm to travel in (wormhole theory).

Satan is not coming to earth, he is already here. It appears that Satan is cast out from heaven, the spirit realm, and no longer has access to it, he is confined to earth. He is cast out from the spirit realm, limiting his travel, and perhaps making him visible (he can't disappear into the spirit world). So when Jesus described Satan being cast down, He may have been referring to this future event, as also stated in Isa 14 and Ezek 28- 'so I threw you to earth, I made you a spectacle before kings'. When was Satan made a spectacle before kings? This would appear to be a future event.

So when Satan is cast down, it may be a visible event. Rev 13 indicates that the world will know that there is one called the dragon, and they will worship him and the beast, but they may not know who the dragon really is.

Rev 9 describes a star falling to earth and opening the Abyss and releasing what are described as 'locusts'. The only inhabitants of the Abyss indicated in scripture are fallen angels and demons. The locusts are likely some form of demon, and as demons appear to be disembodied evil spirits looking for a body, when the Abyss is opened, they already have some type of body in the form of the locusts. There may be some type of physical construction going on in the depths, so human bodies may not be required, initially at least.

So i would think it unlikely that false prophets or false christs would need left behind bodies, they can likely form their own. (Why are UFO's associated with taking 'samples' from humans and body parts from animals? men are making human/animal hybrids from DNA material through the technology they currently possess, what could non-humans with more advanced technology make given multiple types of DNA?)
1whowaits

Postby brett on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:03 am

Satan is a spiritual being, right now he has access to heaven and earth. He is the accuser of believers before God and fills that role constantly in heaven - like a prosecutor in a court of law - Jesus is our advocate in heaven - like our defence attorney.

I've read most parts of this thread......I feel I have understanding of the issues being discussed here and I believe I can help. I hope my words are received ok......

Yes there is a coming war in heaven - Michael the Arc angel - and his legions under him will fight against the Devil and his legions under him. The point of this war in heaven will be for Michael to permanently EXPEL satan and his horde out of heaven PERMANENTLY - FOREVER MORE. This will mark the end of satan's access to God - no longer will he be able to make accusations against mankind and believers before God.

So satan and his hordes will simply be locked out of heaven and only able to dwell on earth (spiritually) - this does not mean he will become physical......it simply means he will be here spiritually 100% of the time. He will however INDWELL the Anti-Christ later on, so in that sense I guess you could say he will be somewhat physical. However I have looked into this in great detail and concluded that satan is cast down at the start of Daniels 70th week, which is also at the opening of the 1st Seal (Rev 6).

He does not indwell the AC to begin with, the AC is a normal human leader to begin with. Daniels 70th week starts off with satan crowning (blessing) and then driving the AC to start WW3. With satans power & authority the AC does wage war on the world for the next 3+ years and wins. At some point just prior to the AOD (middle of Daniels 70th week) the AC leader is killed and then satan resurrects him and dwells in him......that's when the AC becomes seriously evil and wages war on the saints. This now is the Great Tribulation and the time of the Mark of the Beast.

Regarding False prophets needing our bodies I would say - what in the world are you talking about? That's a weird idea....no.

We have a myriad of false prophets among us on the earth today, they are human beings already - with their own bodies. All these fallen angels that are cast down from heaven already spend a lot of time on earth now. They are already causing a great deal of evil in our world today. There's not going to be any difference in the way they operate. They will just be here 100% of the time and busier because they will know their time is short.........they will just be more intense.

Also the scripture "For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together." is describing Jesus Christ as the carcase and believers as the eagles......its another way of describing us being gathered to Christ in the air. As strange as that scripture is - that's actually what its saying. It is not about false prophets......its about the location of where believers will be raptured to (in the air) and it will be to Christ......

Also a final word - remember that God is the one who is sending the POWERFUL DELUSION. The satanic signs and wonders are permitted by God and serve a purpose for God.....they will seal the fate of the wicked.....for only the wicked will be deceived by these false signs and wonders......believers will not be deceived. So the false signs and wonders will only be more powerful and more amazing because God wants to speed things up towards the end. You see at this point God's Wrath is soon to be poured out. This is the time of the great harvest - to determine which people are God's and which are satans. Because the rapture is just about to happen also......there needs to be a greater contrast.....greater separation between the 2 groups of people, those who will be punished and those who will be delivered.

So by allowing evil to perform greater signs & wonders before men - God will in effect be hitting the "Fast Forward button" and getting the whole world separated more quickly into Goats and Sheep......that's also another purpose of the MOB......everything is used by God to serve His purpose.......at harvest time you need to get a lot of work done in a short time period. God wants every fruit (human being) to ripen quickly at the end (into good fruit or into bad fruit) to be ready for the final harvest.

Anyway that's enough for me......time for bed.

KJV ONLY !
The KJV is the only PURE translation. Avoid modern corruptions like the NIV, they have been altered to support the coming Anti-Christ.
"The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." Psalm 12:6-7
brett

Postby extravagantchristian on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:17 am

brett wrote:
We have a myriad of false prophets among us on the earth today, they are human beings already - with their own bodies. All these fallen angels that are cast down from heaven already spend a lot of time on earth now. They are already causing a great deal of evil in our world today. There's not going to be any difference in the way they operate. They will just be here 100% of the time and busier because they will know their time is short.........they will just be more intense.

Yes, there are evil spirits around today, but they aren't able to do "great signs and wonders" I think there's going to be a huge difference in the way they operate at the end... but maybe different spirits, spirits who have more power.
extravagantchristian

Return to Prophecy Debate Area