How do you see the DAY of the LORD now?

(heavily moderated)

How do you see the DAY of the LORD now?

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:12 pm

Hello brothers and sisters,
After studying Daniel 9:24-27, now I and some of you believe in just the coming Great Tribulation(3 1/2 years)
Where does the DAY of the LORD fit?
We know the Wrath(bowls) is 30 days, is the wrath after the GT or during the GT?
When or what is the LAST DAY? Literally the very last day on earth?

I would think 3 questions would be good enough for now...lets get edified!!

May God bless and guide us with understanding the Book of Revelations!!
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Re: How do you see the DAY of the LORD now?

Postby shorttribber on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:54 pm

This is a great subject Woody. Because there is quite a resistance to see certain times as divided though, I'm not so sure that we can have a reasonable discussion as long as certain ideas are Branded as Nonsense.

Nonsense is equivalent to Having no Reason or Rational for a matter. There are many things that many of us believe that we Do have Good Reason for such opinions.

Good discussion can't be had when those Reasons and Rational ideas can't receive a fair examination due to a Predetermined Label of "Nonsense".
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:15 am

There you go Shorttribber,
I'm willing to hear your views that is relevant to scripture...
I'm waiting on Mr Baldy as well... :)
I find it interesting that part of the "DAY of the LORD" COULD be part of the time when Jesus walked on this earth for 3 1/2 years...and part of the last 3 1/2 years at the END of AGE? Do you think that's possible?
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby shorttribber on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:07 am

WOODHENOT3 wrote:There you go Shorttribber,
I'm willing to hear your views that is relevant to scripture...
I'm waiting on Mr Baldy as well... :)
I find it interesting that part of the "DAY of the LORD" COULD be part of the time when Jesus walked on this earth for 3 1/2 years...and part of the last 3 1/2 years at the END of AGE? Do you think that's possible?

I'm glad you see it that way, as that is exactly what scripture and the prophets have recorded.

Will post those evidences on this thread then.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:52 am

here is the first part of some of the texts that show the "That Day" as synonymous with "The Day of the Lord".
I will add more later in the thread to further prove this....some disagree that the "Day of the Lord" and the Term "That Day" are indeed synonymous. It is beyond me how they can feel that way when there is such a massive amount of evidence to show that they are the same.

the texts are shortened by the many rows of dots (periods) only to create Focus.

It should come as no surprise to you or any student of Bible prophecy that the reading does not Usually follow a Linear Timeline. Commonly, and very intentionally by God and the form of writing, repetitious ideas are folded together and over lap in historic and real time.

Is 10
20 And it shall come to pass in that day
, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.

21 The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God.

22 For though thy people Israel be as the sand of the sea, yet a remnant of them shall return: the consumption decreed shall overflow with righteousness..........................................................

..............27 And it shall come to pass in that day
, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.........................

..............32 As yet shall he remain at Nob that day: he shall shake his hand against the mount of the daughter of Zion, the hill of Jerusalem.

(At This Point, please remember that there WERE/ARE no Paragraph Divisions)........... Remember, what occurs in the beginning of the Next Chapter occurs in "That Day"

....................................On to Is 11
1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

2And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him

, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.

5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

10 And in that day
there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Insert ROMANS 15:

8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.
10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.
11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.

12 And again, Esaias saith {Is 11:10 ABOVE}, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

Returning to Is.11

11 And it shall come to pass in that day
, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time
to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

13 The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim.

14 But they shall fly upon the shoulders of the Philistines toward the west; they shall spoil them of the east together: they shall lay their hand upon Edom and Moab; and the children of Ammon shall obey them.

15 And the LORD shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod.

16 And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.
Last edited by shorttribber on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

shorttribber

Postby Mr Baldy on Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:00 pm

WOODHENOT3 wrote:I'm waiting on Mr Baldy as well

Hi Woody,

I'd like to participate in your Great Thread for debate - but I think I'll refrain. I'm refraining, because when I call an idea "Nonsense" that absolutely cannot be supported with Scripture - and there are those who push such illogical ideas dogmatically, and get their feelings hurt in a "Debate", then it's best I stay out.

Hopefully your Thread will Edify the Body of Christ.

God Bless you Brother!
Mr Baldy

Postby shorttribber on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:18 am

Here's another example of What Occurs "In That Day"....."The Day of the Lord".

1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.
11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.
14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.
15 And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ***, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD'S house shall be like the bowls before the altar.
21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day
there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.

Now brett,
Let me please post Again, Other events "IN That Day"....When the Lord FIRST CAME, "In That Day"

Please keep in mind, I do not enlarge words as intended Yelling...I only enlarge or add color so there is less chance of important words being Overlooked.

Mal 3
1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand
when he appeareth?

Does that last verse sound familiar? Does it sound a little Like "Who shall be Able to Stand"? in Rev 6?

shorttribber

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:34 am

Mr Baldy wrote:
WOODHENOT3 wrote:I'm waiting on Mr Baldy as well

Hi Woody,

I'd like to participate in your Great Thread for debate - but I think I'll refrain. I'm refraining, because when I call an idea "Nonsense" that absolutely cannot be supported with Scripture - and there are those who push such illogical ideas dogmatically, and get their feelings hurt in a "Debate", then it's best I stay out.

Hopefully your Thread will Edify the Body of Christ.

God Bless you Brother!

Mr Baldy,
I want to say, PLEASE come back.... I enjoy reading your posts...
and I need your help that you believe that support scriptures... pray that God will guide you to self control...

I myself believe that THAT DAY is IMMEDIATELY after the TRIBULATIONS of those days and everything ends as Jesus Returns, but I have questions about the WRATH, if the Christians are being persecuted for 3 1/2 years, how can the WRATH fit in the GT? Whats wrong with the wrath of 30 days prior to His coming AFTER the TRIBULATIONS of those days?

So Mr BALDY,
Please do come back!

Seem to me that
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:44 am

Mal 3
1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.
when he appeareth?

Does that last verse sound familiar? Does it sound a little Like "Who shall be Able to Stand"? in Rev 6?

The AoD?

who's the messenger? angel?

How come there is no CAPITALS on "he" or "his" ?
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby shorttribber on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:13 am

WOODHENOT3 wrote:
Mal 3
when he appeareth?

The AoD?

who's the messenger? angel?
How come there is no CAPITALS on "he" or "his" ?

Hi Woody,
These passages are referring to John the Baptist (Preparing the way) BEFORE Christ (Messenger of the Covenant).
Is 40:
3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

This passage is even quoted in the new testament, and we are given the meaning of it that way.
Mark 1:2
As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Matthew 11:10
This is the one about whom it is written: 'Behold, I will send My messenger ahead of You, who will prepare Your way before You.'

Luke 1:76
And you, child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare His ways,

As to the Caps...just not sure...but the references are Unmistakable are they not?

shorttribber

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:36 pm

I read through the thread again....
THAT DAY seemed to me is talking about Jesus when He was on earth and its the past or fulfilled, right?
It spoke of the consequences of his arrival....
Did I miss something?

Here's another example of What Occurs "In That Day"....."The Day of the Lord".
1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

So you're basically saying that HALF of the DAY of the LORD is completed?
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Zech 14
A day of the Lord is coming, Jerusalem, when your possessions will be plundered and divided up within your very walls.
2 I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city. 3 Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle. 4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south. 5 You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the Lord my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.
On that day there will be neither sunlight nor cold, frosty darkness. 7 It will be a unique day—a day known only to the Lord—with no distinction between day and night. When evening comes, there will be light.
On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half of it east to the Dead Sea and half of it west to the Mediterranean Sea, in summer and in winter.
9 The Lord will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name.

I think ON THAT DAY is literally that one DAY on each event during the DAY of the LORD(at a time span)

What do you think?
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby brett on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:53 pm

WOODHENOT3 wrote:Hello brothers and sisters,
After studying Daniel 9:24-27, now I and some of you believe in just the coming Great Tribulation(3 1/2 years)
We know the Wrath(bowls) is 30 days, is the wrath after the GT or during the GT?

Where do you get these starting assumptions WOODHENOT3?
We know the Wrath(bowls) is 30 days, is the wrath after the GT or during the GT? Since when do we know this? Who taught you this? I disagree, not to just be different but because I really do not believe this is correct.

The Day of the Lord is the DAY of His Return. It's the Day Jesus Christ comes in the clouds in great glory and great power. On that Day we also are raptured and God unleashes His Wrath on mankind. Here are many scriptures describing this coming Great Day of the Lord, His return and the start of God's Wrath.

1 Thessalonians 5:2-3
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

The Day Wrath is suddenly poured out.

Isaiah 13
Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.

A little more detail "stars & constellations shall not give their light, sun & moon darkened" - again the Day Wrath is poured out on the earth.

Joel 2:30-31
And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.

Again describing the Day of the Lord as the day terrible Wrath comes to the wicked........

Matthew 24:29-34
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Jesus says of that DAY AND HOUR knoweth no man...... the day of the Lord is very simply that - a Great EVENT that happens on a SPECIFIC DAY.

Revelation 6: 12-17
And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Self explanatory - all matches the descriptions of the other passages for the day of the Lord - its a special day, the day God's Wrath begins to be poured out on the earth.

Luke 17
For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

Again it's an event on a certain DAY

Luke 17: 28-30
Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Just like Lot leaving Sodom and Gomorrah and the SAME DAY God rained down Fire and Brimstone - so to the Rapture will happen and the same day shall God's Wrath rain down fire and brimstone upon the earth.

TIMELINE

• FIRST 3.5 years - Seals 1,2,3,4,5
  • AOD
  • LAST 3.5 years - first 75 days Seals 5,6,7 + Mark of Beast (Great Tribulation). Day of the Lord on Day 75, Sun and Moon darkened, Jesus in clouds, rapture, Wrath starts to be poured out. Wrath poured out for 1215 days, NOT 30. Wrath comprises of Trumpets AND Bowls. If you look at each Trumpet and Bowl closely you will see they relate to each other. Trumpet 1 is related to Bowl 1, Trumpet 2 is related to Bowl 2..etc I believe each Trumpet and Bowl last about 5 months each as they are poured out.

Last edited by brett on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KJV ONLY !
The KJV is the only PURE translation. Avoid modern corruptions like the NIV, they have been altered to support the coming Anti-Christ.
"The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." Psalm 12:6-7
brett

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:02 pm

I went through some DAY of the LORD scripts....

Day of Wrath(?) like never before or ever again.

Joel 2:1-2,

1 Blow the trumpet in Zion,
And sound an alarm in My holy mountain!
Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble;
For the day of the LORD is coming,
For it is at hand:
2 A day of darkness and gloominess,
A day of clouds and thick darkness,
Like the morning clouds spread over the mountains.
A people come, great and strong,
The like of whom has never been;
Nor will there ever be any such after them,
Even for many successive generations.

Last call to return to the Lord,

Joel 2:10-13,

10 The earth quakes before them,
The heavens tremble;
The sun and moon grow dark,
And the stars diminish their brightness.
11 The LORD gives voice before His army,
For His camp is very great;
For strong is the One who executes His word.
For the day of the LORD is great and very terrible;
Who can endure it?

12 “ Now, therefore,” says the LORD,
“ Turn to Me with all your heart,
With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.”
13 So rend your heart, and not your garments;
Return to the LORD your God,
For He is gracious and merciful,
Slow to anger, and of great kindness;
And He relents from doing harm.

Day of Deliverance, Joel 2:31-32,

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD.
32 And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the LORD
Shall be saved.
For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance,
As the LORD has said,
Among the remnant whom the LORD calls.

Sign of “The Day of the Lord” in the Old Testament,

Joel 2:10,

10 The earth quakes before them,
The heavens tremble;
The sun and moon grow dark,
And the stars diminish their brightness.

Joel 2:31,

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,

Joel 3:14-15,

14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision!
For the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
15 The sun and moon will grow dark,
And the stars will diminish their brightness.

Amos 8:9,

9 “ And it shall come to pass in that day,” says the Lord GOD,
“ That I will make the sun go down at noon,
And I will darken the earth in broad daylight;

Sign of “The Day of the Lord” in the New Testament,

Matthew 24:29-31,

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mark 13:24-27,

24 “But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; 25 the stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 26 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven.

Luke 21:25-28,

25 “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; 26 men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”

Acts 2:20-21,

20 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
21 And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the LORD
Shall be saved.’

Rev. 6:12-14,

12 I looked when He opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became like blood. 13 And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, as a fig tree drops its late figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind. 14 Then the sky receded as a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved out of its place.

You have three things in common with the “Day of the Lord”,. First is the Sign which is the sun, moon and stars,
second is the “Power and Great Glory” and third is the Salvation/ Deliverance, as in “Gather His Elect”, “Redemption is drawing near” and “everyone who calls the Name will be of the Lord shall be saved.”

The Saints taken out of the Great Tribulation? If the persecution is for 3 1/2 years, is it right at the very end of TRIBULATION? on the LAST DAY?

Rev. 7:13-17,

13 Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, “Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?”
14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”
So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore they are before the throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple. And He who sits on the throne will dwell among them. 16 They shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any heat; 17 for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

Luke 17:26-27,
26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.

Matt. 24:37-39,
37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

In the scriptures given from Matthew and Luke, if you take noticed, they had the same thoughts as the scriptures explaining that Noah and family entered the Ark the same day as the Flood(wrath) came, Jesus says, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. The same day as the rapture and then the wrath is poured out, the passage is teaching that Judgment and Deliverance come on a single day.
Let's go to Gen. 7:12-13,
12 And the rain was on the earth forty days and forty nights.
13 On the very same day Noah and Noah’s sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth, and Noah’s wife and the three wives of his sons with them, entered the ark.

Same day deliverance for God's people and Judgment for the wicked, right?

Luke 17:28-36,
28 Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; 29 but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. 30 Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.
31 “In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his goods are in the house, let him not come down to take them away. And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back. 32 Remember Lot’s wife. 33 Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it. 34 I tell you, in that night there will be two men in one bed: the one will be taken and the other will be left. 35 Two women will be grinding together: the one will be taken and the other left. 36 Two men will be in the field: the one will be taken and the other left.”

It is the same day deliverance for God's people and judgment for the wicked to come. Lot left Sodom and God's wrath rained down with fire and sulfur.

Matt 24:39-41,
39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.

Some of this is just basic, but I am just pointing out some DAY of the LORD scriptures that seems to be talking about THAT DAY....Perhaps THE LAST DAY...
Last edited by WOODHENOT3 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby brett on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:04 pm

Yeah......I hope you can see its a HUGE Event that happens on a Day. Its the Day Jesus comes in the clouds......His return. No spectacle could be more EPIC than this......and it will happen on a specific day in the future.

Believers will rejoice, gathered in the clouds, while unbelievers will run in fear, wailing, their hearts failing them, such a spectacle will it be.....for the unbelievers it will be a Day of Wrath - just like Sodom and Gomorrah....for that same day that they see Jesus in the clouds in Great Power and Glory, 30 minutes later it will rain fire and brimstone from heaven upon the Earth.....

After that will be 1215 days of Trumpets and Bowls. Believers will be in heaven at this time. Believers will be persecuted by satan during the first 3.5 years, Mark of Beast etc......that is satan persecuting the saints and overcoming them........once Christ returns those days of satanic persecution will be cut short, believers will be delivered (raptured) and then the tables will turn and God will unleash His Wrath.

Finally at the end of Daniels 70th week Jesus will come back with the saints (from the heavenly Jerusalem - riding horses) and total destroy the AC and the wicked with a single word from His mouth and Christs Millennial rule will start here on earth.

TIMELINE

• FIRST 3.5 years - Seals 1,2,3,4,5
  • AOD
  • LAST 3.5 years - first 75 days Seals 5,6,7 + Mark of Beast (Great Tribulation). Day of the Lord on Day 75, Sun and Moon darkened, Jesus in clouds, rapture, Wrath starts to be poured out. Wrath poured out for 1215 days, NOT 30. Wrath comprises of Trumpets AND Bowls. If you look at each Trumpet and Bowl closely you will see they relate to each other. Trumpet 1 is related to Bowl 1, Trumpet 2 is related to Bowl 2..etc I believe each Trumpet and Bowl last about 5 months each as they are poured out.

Last edited by brett on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KJV ONLY !
The KJV is the only PURE translation. Avoid modern corruptions like the NIV, they have been altered to support the coming Anti-Christ.
"The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." Psalm 12:6-7
brett

Postby Jay Ross on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:19 pm

When is the timeframe for this Day of the Lord as mentioned in Zechariah 14?

It is important from the perspective as to, whether or not, this prophecy has any impact on our lives at this present time in 2017, or does it distract us from focusing on the things that God would have us doing so that the Kingdom of God's presences is visible around us by those who we rub shoulders with on a daily basis.

Could it be possibly be that Zechariah 14:1 - 9 is speaking of a time in our distant future at the end of the little while period after the 1,000 year imprisonment of Satan and his Angels in the Bottomless pit?

When the Day of the Lord is, as prophesised in Zechariah 14:1-9, is important to us from the perspective as to whether or not this particular Day of the Lord will impact on lives during this present time.

I would suggest that we place Zechariah 14:1-9 as an end of days prophecy and that it's impact on us is minimal at this present time.

Shalom
Jay Ross

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Believers will rejoice, gathered in the clouds, while unbelievers will run in fear, wailing, their hearts failing them, such a spectacle will it be.....for the unbelievers it will be a Day of Wrath - just like Sodom and Gomorrah....for that same day that they see Jesus in the cloud in Great Power and Glory, 30 minutes later it will rain fire and brimstone from heaven upon the Earth.....

We will be here during the Great Tribulation as the AC will persecute the Saints for 3 1/2 years, then the wrath comes...
SO the First 6 seals, we will be here, agree?
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby brett on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:31 pm

WOODHENOT3 wrote:
Believers will rejoice, gathered in the clouds, while unbelievers will run in fear, wailing, their hearts failing them, such a spectacle will it be.....for the unbelievers it will be a Day of Wrath - just like Sodom and Gomorrah....for that same day that they see Jesus in the cloud in Great Power and Glory, 30 minutes later it will rain fire and brimstone from heaven upon the Earth.....

We will be here during the Great Tribulation as the AC will persecute the Saints for 3 1/2 years, then the wrath comes...

Yes we will be here through the Seals......the seals are not God's Wrath, they are persecution from satan, basically they describe the rise of the Anti-Christ and World War...we are raptured on the 6th Seal, the 6th Seal is the Day of the Lord, His return, the rapture.....Seal 7 is start of God's Wrath.

There is a full 7 years (Daniels 70th Week) still coming imho, first 3.5 is the Seals (World War), last 3.5 years is 75 days of remaining Seals (Great Tribulation) and then 1215 days of God's Wrath (Trumpets & Bowls).

Last edited by brett on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KJV ONLY !
brett

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:45 pm

brett wrote:
WOODHENOT3 wrote:

Yes we will be here through the Seals......the seals are not God's Wrath, they are persecution from satan, basically they describe the rise of the Anti-Christ and World War...we are raptured on the 6th Seal, the 6th Seal is the Day of the Lord, His return, the rapture.....Seal 7 is start of God's Wrath.

There is a full 7 years (Daniels 70th Week) still coming imho, first 3.5 is the Seals (World War), last 3.5 years is 75 days of remaining Seals (Great Tribulation) and then 1215 days of God's Wrath (Trumpets & Bowls).

I believe the Saints are here throughout the Great Tribulation, then the wrath of God,
Jesus spoke of the Tares and the Wheat and the Tares will be taken first, not the wheat...
I believe Daniels 70th week is fulfilled, so I believe there is only the Great Tribulation which is the last of the 3 1/2 years...
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:47 pm

Jay Ross wrote:When is the timeframe for this Day of the Lord as mentioned in Zechariah 14?

It is important from the perspective as to, whether or not, this prophecy has any impact on our lives at this present time in 2017, or does it distract us from focusing on the things that God would have us doing so that the Kingdom of God's presences is visible around us by those who we rub shoulders with on a daily basis.

Could it be possibly be that Zechariah 14:1 - 9 is speaking of a time in our distant future at the end of the little while period after the 1,000 year imprisonment of Satan and his Angels in the Bottomless pit?

When the Day of the Lord is, as prophesised in Zechariah 14:1-9, is important to us from the perspective as to whether or not this particular Day of the Lord will impact on lives during this present time.

I would suggest that we place Zechariah 14:1-9 as an end of days prophecy and that it's impact on us is minimal at this present time.

Shalom

I believe verse 9 of Isaiah 14 refers to the very end of Days...
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby brett on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:07 pm

WOODHENOT3 wrote:I believe the Saints are here throughout the Great Tribulation, then the wrath of God,
Jesus spoke of the Tares and the Wheat and the Tares will be taken first, not the wheat...
I believe Daniels 70th week is fulfilled, so I believe there is only the Great Tribulation which is the last of the 3 1/2 years...

I agree believers are here throughout the Great Tribulation. I consider the Great Tribulation to start at the AOD and end 75 days later at Christs return. This is the time of Unequalled distress that is cut-short by Christs appearing in the clouds.

I assume you are referring to this regarding the Tares:
Mathew 13:30

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Please note that this verse does NOT say that the wicked are judged (burned) first. Jesus simply says the wicked are to be bundled together FIRST in PREPARATION for burning (LATER). The MOB is this bundling together of the wicked - it separates the Tares out first from the wheat, that's what the Mark of the Beast does......the wicked will take the Mark first and those who hold off from taking it will be the righteous.

I do not believe Daniels 70th Week is complete......this is a weird & obscure teaching to me.

I believe the "Great Tribulation" period only lasts 75 days, after the AOD, for "those days" will be cut short by Christs return......the GT would last 3.5 years if Jesus didn't cut it short.....but thank God those days will be cut short........by Christs return.

This is why the angel says what's in Daniel 12:12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.. 1335 days is 3.5 years + 75 days. Basically blessed are those who survive the first 3.5 years (Seals 1,2,3,4,5 - World War) + the 75 days after the AOD - because they will make it to the appearance of Christ in the clouds, the rapture, and they will never taste death...

KJV ONLY !
brett

Postby shorttribber on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:49 pm

brett wrote:I believe the "Great Tribulation" period only lasts 75 days, after the AOD, for "those days" will be cut short by Christs return......the GT would last 3.5 years if Jesus didn't cut it short.....but thank God those days will be cut short........by Christs return.This is why the angel says what's in Daniel 12:12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.. 1335 days is 3.5 years + 75 days. Basically blessed are those who survive the first 3.5 years (Seals 1,2,3,4,5 - World War) + the 75 days after the AOD - because they will make it to the appearance of Christ in the clouds, the rapture, and they will never taste death...

Please tell us how the days of great tribulation (Against the saints) lasting only 75 days agrees with the following section in Daniel.

Daniel 7

16 I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things.
17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.
18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;
20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom
23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
28 Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.
Last edited by shorttribber on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shorttribber

Postby brett on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:04 pm

I will respond, just going out now...I will respond when I get back....sorry for delay.

KJV ONLY !
brett

Postby shorttribber on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:20 pm

brett wrote:.
I will respond, just going out now...I will respond when I get back....sorry for delay.

Roger that

shorttribber

Postby Jay Ross on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:23 pm

WOODHENOT3 wrote:
Jay Ross wrote:When is the timeframe for this Day of the Lord as mentioned in Zechariah 14?

Shalom

Perhaps you may like to elaborate on your comment here.
Jay Ross

Postby brett on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:52 pm

Ok back now......I'm gonna research this a bit more before I answer......so another short delay.
KJV ONLY !
brett

Postby shorttribber on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:24 pm

brett wrote:Ok back now......I'm gonna research this a bit more before I answer......so another short delay.

As much time as you need is fine.

shorttribber

Postby brett on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:48 pm

We can seek the help of Revelation to get more confirmation of the main meaning of Daniel.

Revelation 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Revelation 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

So basically the main point is this - The Anti-Christ will be given 42 months to reign (have full dominion) over the earth.....that's the main point to understand.

There will be saints on earth prior to the rapture and there will be saints on earth after the rapture. People will get saved during the Wrath of God, that is the purpose of the 144,000 and the 2 witnesses, that is their ministry. In fact the 144,000 + 2 witnesses are themselves saints. Note their ministry occurs the same time as the Anti-Christ's reign, its the same 42 months.

So for ST highlighted sections in Daniel 7:
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom

This verse is spanning the last 42 months (2nd half of Daniels week). The Anti-Christ remains in power throughout God's
Wrath, that's obvious from Rev 16:10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,. As I stated before God has his servants (representatives) on earth the entire 42 months. We will be raptured out, but the 144,000 + 2 witnesses, plus those who get saved during their ministry will remain on earth under the dominion of the AC.

Next highligted section in Daniel 7:
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

This is not specifically saying that the same saints who are "worn out" are the exact same saints that are given into his hand. This given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time is the same as the Revelation verses above, its simply making the point that the Anti-Christ will have full dominion over the earth for 42 months. He will remain in full power for the 2nd half of Daniels 70th Week. There will be Wrath being poured out, but he will still remain the ruler of the Earth for that time despite the Wrath. Kinda like Pharaoh in Moses Day......God sent all the plagues upon Egypt......but Pharaoh still remained King despite the plagues...

shorttribber wrote:Please tell us how the days of great tribulation (Against the saints) lasting only 75 days agrees with the following section in Daniel.

So I hope I have answered your question in some way thus far. I will add this:

The Great Tribulation is for those saints who are alive prior to the AOD. They will go through the time of unequalled distress which starts at the AOD and ends with the rapture. They will be subject to the rise of the AC from the time of the 1st Seal - up to the AOD - and afterwards until the time of the rapture.....assuming they survive everything. They are the multitude who appear in heaven, they will likely be you and me.

Rev 7: 9-17

9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

KJV ONLY !
brett

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:16 pm

Jay Ross wrote:
WOODHENOT3 wrote:

Shalom

Perhaps you may like to elaborate on your comment here.

As am seeing it, the Day of the Lord begins at His coming and Jesus reign on Earth for a 1000 years which could be the LAST DAY because when we are with Christ when He comes, it is a DAY...the End of age...so I see the Coming of Christ and the 1000 year Reign as the LAST DAY.... Have you seen the movie Interstellar? the astronaut was on a planet that every hour on that planet was equal to 7 years on earth.... I see that the same way with the Coming of Christ and His Reign...
Many Blessings,
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby 1whowaits on Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:55 pm

i would agree with Woody, the first recognizable event associated with the DOTL is armageddon and the return of Jesus, as noted in Zech 14 and Joel 3. Isa 2 also states of that 'Day'- 'the Lord alone will be exalted in that day...', the only day that happens is when Jesus returns at armageddon.

Peter states in 2 Peter 3 that the DOTL will come like a thief, the association with the coming like a thief being made by Jesus in Matt 24 of His return after the time of distress. Peter also associates the DOTL with the destruction of the earth and heavens, which is also described in the remaking of the heaven and earth in Rev 21, after the GWTJ at the end of the 1,000 years.

Peter also states that a day with the Lord is as 1,000 years, and 1,000 years as a day. It would appear that Peter 'brackets' the DOTL between Jesus' return at armageddon, and the making of the new earth 1,000 years later, the DOTL is literally 1,000 years. The DOTL spans the millenial reign of Christ, it is His day, the Lord alone is exalted in this day. Man has had 6 days, 6,000 years, and now God will have His day, 1,000 years.

Joel 3 and Zech 14 describe the DOTL and intertwine the events of armageddon and the millenium, as if they occurred on the same day, which in fact they do, they are all events that occur during the 1,000 years of Christ's return and reign, the Day of the Lord.
1whowaits

Postby Mr Baldy on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi Woody,

Thank you for your IM's....

Let me say that there is a lot of "Misinformation" about the Day of the Lord; it's Timing - how it relates to the Rapture of the Church, and "IF" the Millennial Kingdom even applies.

Based on what I read so far, I would encourage you to read:

1) 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4
2) Revelation 6:12-17
3) Revelation 7:9-17
3) 2 Peter 3-1-18
4) 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11

After reading those aforementioned Passages of Scripture, surely you will see that the Day of the Lord actually begins at the 6th Seal - encompasses the Rapture of the Church - and further concludes either AFER the Millennial Reign or AT HIS COMING.

I mention the aforementioned as I am unsure if there even is a literal Millennial Reign - or it all ENDS at His Coming. But the Day of the Lord is Multifaceted.
Mr Baldy

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:24 am

Hi Mr Baldy,
I agree what you're saying...

I mention the aforementioned as I am unsure if there even is a literal Millennial Reign - or it all ENDS at His Coming. But the Day of the Lord is Multifaceted.

It makes me wonder because after the Bowls Judgments, everything will be destroyed... I think it ends at His Coming IMO....
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby brett on Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:40 am

I don't understand why people can't accept the simplest meaning. The DAY of the Lord is simply that - a DAY - that's why scripture says no one knows the Day or the hour......because its a day on the calendar...... Why all this OVER THINKING the meaning of scripture?........God has not written the bible in such a complex way to deliberately confuse us. God wants us to understand......the Bible is written for the common man......

Its an event that happens on a future DAY, I mean the millennial reign of Christ is specified as 1000 years, we don't get confused over that and start wondering.....hmmm does 1000 years really mean 1000 days? .....its obvious that the millennial reign is 1000 years........no confusion there.....so why all the deep research into what DAY means? Its already obvious - the Day of the Lord is the single day when all this happens:

• SUN & MOON DARKENED (darkness over the entire earth)
  • STARS FALL FROM HEAVEN (meteors)
  • HEAVENS SHAKEN
  • SON OF MAN (JESUS) WILL COME IN THE CLOUDS WITH POWER AND GREAT GLORY
  • ANGELS WITH GREAT SOUND OF TRUMPET WILL GATHER THE ELECT (rapture)
  • GODS WRATH STARTS BEING POURED OUT (like Sodom and Gomorrah, the same day Lot left - then Fire & Brimstone reigned down, like Noah's Ark, the same day Noah went into the Ark the rains came down)

That's the Day of the Lord !!!

After this GREAT EVENT God's Wrath continues to be poured out 1215 days (trumpets, bowls). Then the Lord comes back with all the saints at the end of Daniels 70th week...1215 days later to utterly destroy (kill) the wicked and start His 1000 year reign, millennial reign. We are in heaven with the Lord during the 1215 days (Wrath of God) but the 144000 and 2 witnesses remain on earth during Gods Wrath.

KJV ONLY !
brett

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:27 am

SUN & MOON DARKENED (darkness over the entire earth)
STARS FALL FROM HEAVEN (meteors)
HEAVENS SHAKEN
SON OF MAN (JESUS) WILL COME IN THE CLOUDS WITH POWER AND GREAT GLORY
ANGELS WITH GREAT SOUND OF TRUMPET WILL GATHER THE ELECT (rapture)
GODS WRATH STARTS BEING POURED OUT (like Sodom and Gomorrah, the same day Lot left - then Fire & Brimstone reigned down, like Noah's Ark, the same day Noah went into the Ark the rains came down)

That's the Day of the Lord !!!

The Coming of the Son of Man(Day of the Lord)
29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

After the Tribulation of those days, then the coming of Christ, it doesn't say before the tribulation or during the tribulation, it says IMMEDIATELY AFTER... seems simple enough.....
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:49 am

After this GREAT EVENT God's Wrath continues to be poured out 1215 days (trumpets, bowls). Then the Lord comes back with all the saints at the end of Daniels 70th week...1215 days later to utterly destroy (kill) the wicked and start His 1000 year reign, millennial reign. We are in heaven with the Lord during the 1215 days (Wrath of God) but the 144000 and 2 witnesses remain on earth during Gods Wrath.

There is only one Coming of Christ and that is AFTER the tribulation of those days, which is the Great Tribulation Jesus spoke of in Matthew 24.... the WRATH(bowls) is only 30 days...
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby Mr Baldy on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:44 pm

brett wrote:I don't understand why people can't accept the simplest meaning. The DAY of the Lord is simply that - a DAY

Brett,

You may want to learn that throughout Scripture - both "figurative" and "literal" language is used. It may help your understanding.
Mr Baldy

Postby Mr Baldy on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:47 pm

WOODHENOT3 wrote:It makes me wonder because after the Bowls Judgments, everything will be destroyed... I think it ends at His Coming IMO....

Hi Woody,

This is why I have struggled with whether or not there will be a literal Millennial Reign. If it ALL Ends when Christ Appears - then there will be no need for a Millennial Kingdom.
Mr Baldy

Postby Ready1 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:22 am

Mr Baldy wrote:This is why I have struggled with whether or not there will be a literal Millennial Reign. If it ALL Ends when Christ Appears - then there will be no need for a Millennial Kingdom.

Don't you still have to reconcile these questions with the following scripture? Or, maybe you see this as figurative language...
Or is there anywhere that says that it "all ends" when Christ Appears?

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Mr Baldy on Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:45 pm

Ready1 wrote:
Mr Baldy wrote:This is why I have struggled with whether or not there will be a literal Millennial Reign. If it ALL Ends when Christ Appears - then there will be no need for a Millennial Kingdom.

Don't you still have to reconcile these questions with the following scripture? Or, maybe you see this as figurative language...
Or is there anywhere that says that it "all ends" when Christ Appears?

Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Ready1,

All I can say to your aforementioned question - is that I am still studying this, so I DON'T KNOW.

This is the best answer I can provide at this time.
Mr Baldy

Postby Ready1 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:38 pm

I will look forward to your conclusions. :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby 1whowaits on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:12 pm

Mr B, i am not clear by your statement that it 'all ends' when Jesus returns. According to Zech 14, sin and rebellion do not end when Jesus returns. Zech 14 describes the survivors of what appears to be armageddon being required to go up to Jerusalem to worship Jesus yearly at the feast of Tabernacles, and those who do not go up to worship are punished. Sin still occurs and is punished, as implied by Jesus ruling the nations with a rod of iron.

Also after the 1,000 year reign, Satan is let loose and gathers the nations to attack Jerusalem, where Jesus reigns from, who are then destroyed by fire.

Sin and death and rebellion and suffering do not end when Jesus returns at armageddon, they continue to exist for the 1,000 year reign. They will not end until after the 1,000 years, after the GWTJ, when the new earth is made- 'There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away..I am making everything new....' Rev 21.
1whowaits

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:00 am

I believe when we are with Christ it is a day, but a 1000 earth years for those who are in the flesh...maybe...
but with such destructions from the wrath, who can survive?? Everything flattened, no mountains, islands, water polluted, etc....Those who did not make their commitment with God, did not survive God's wrath in Sodom and Gomoreah or the Flood, etc....got me thinking about the 1000 year reign....I'm studying it also, but we will find out when we get there....
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby Mr Baldy on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:03 pm

1whowaits wrote:Mr B, i am not clear by your statement that it 'all ends' when Jesus returns. According to Zech 14, sin and rebellion do not end when Jesus returns. Zech 14 describes the survivors of what appears to be armageddon being required to go up to Jerusalem to worship Jesus yearly at the feast of Tabernacles, and those who do not go up to worship are punished. Sin still occurs and is punished, as implied by Jesus ruling the nations with a rod of iron.

1whowaits,

As surely you may recall - I've done a prior study on the aforementioned in the "LAST DAY" thread I initiated sometime ago. If you do recall, you should certainly remember that I had mentioned the same aforementioned comments that you have made.

Now, I'm not so sure. The reason why I say this is because Scripture also appears to suggest that when Jesus Appears, it will be THE END. I'm continuing to study this issue.
Mr Baldy

Postby brett on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:44 pm

1whowaits wrote:Mr B, i am not clear by your statement that it 'all ends' when Jesus returns. According to Zech 14, sin and rebellion do not end when Jesus returns. Zech 14 describes the survivors of what appears to be armageddon being required to go up to Jerusalem to worship Jesus yearly at the feast of Tabernacles, and those who do not go up to worship are punished. Sin still occurs and is punished, as implied by Jesus ruling the nations with a rod of iron.

Also after the 1,000 year reign, Satan is let loose and gathers the nations to attack Jerusalem, where Jesus reigns from, who are then destroyed by fire.

Sin and death and rebellion and suffering do not end when Jesus returns at armageddon, they continue to exist for the 1,000 year reign. They will not end until after the 1,000 years, after the GWTJ, when the new earth is made- 'There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away..I am making everything new....' Rev 21.

:a3:

Well said, fully agree.

Sin indeed continues and after the Father places everything under the Sons foot and the Son rules for 1000 years then the Son puts everything under the Father, including Himself.........for eternity.

This is God's PROCESS of progressively fixing His creation over the many thousands of years after the fall. Part of that process is 1000 years of Christs reign, once that is complete, the creation will be ready to hand over to the Father (which the Son will willing do) and we will all see the Fathers face......something no man has ever been permitted to see, Moses could only see the back of God the Father.

But the next Age coming, Christs 1000 years, will still have sin, however with Christ present on earth and satan bound, it will be far less severe and intense. The millennium will have many people living without locks on their doors, animals will pose no threat, men will live long lifespans.......it will be a golden time......Christs knowledge will fill the earth.......but it will still have sin and there will still be need for the IRON ROD of Christ to rule and chastise the nations.....but there will be no wars.

Only after the thousands years, when satan is let loose again will there be large scale and organised rebellion against Jesus's government and that will lead to the Ezekiel 38,39 Gog and Magog event.

I can't wait for the next age to start. Having Christ on earth has got to be the most amazing thing.......to have the opportunity to physically approach Jesus and even speak to Him face to face.....that's something worth waiting for......I mean all of us have lived and died never having such a close physical encounter with Christ - like the disciples did........yet in the 1000 years coming .... Jesus will be on earth the entire time...... surely we will be able to get some time with Him one on one during that time......... Imagine talking to Jesus face to face like that...... I can't begin to imagine......As much suffering we go thru in this life.........these wonderful things coming are FAR greater....

I did the math....Jesus will be available (assuming He sleeps & is available 12 hours a day) for a total of 4,320,000 hours during the millennium. Surely I could get at least 1 of those hours one on one time with Him :grin: Although I'm sure all believers will get much more time than that......

KJV ONLY !
brett

Postby Douggg on Sun May 07, 2017 6:16 pm

WOODHENOT3 wrote:Hello brothers and sisters,

The person (the King of Israel - the Antichrist - at the time) goes into the temple sits, claims to be God - 2thessalonians2:3-4, revealing himself to be the man of sin. That act is the transgression of desolation (Daniel 8:13 ). It triggers the day of the Lord.

God has the person killed for the audacious act (Ezekiel 28:1-10) and the man of sin finds himself in hell mocked (Isaiah 14). In disdain for the person, God brings him back to life; which come back to life, the person is the beast in Revelation 13, and the image made of him and placed in the temple. That image is the abomination of desolation in Daniel 12 and Matthew 24. It triggers the great tribulation.

The day of the Lord begins, followed shortly by the great tribulation. Maybe a couple of weeks or months between the two. We don't have enough information to determine the exact interval.

The Antichrist > Man of Sin > beast of Revelation.
Douggg

Postby Douggg on Sun May 07, 2017 6:24 pm

brett wrote:.
We can seek the help of Revelation to get more confirmation of the main meaning of Daniel.

Revelation 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Revelation 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

So basically the main point is this - The Anti-Christ will be given 42 months to reign (have full dominion) over the earth.....that's the main point to understand.

Brett, I am fine with your statement, if you would call the person the beast and not the Anti-Christ for those 42 months.

It is of course the same person. But for those last 42 months, the person will no longer the be King of Israel.
Douggg

Return to Prophecy Debate Area