Understanding the "day of the LORD"

No opposing arguments allowed

Re: Understanding the "day of the LORD"

Postby Mr Baldy on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:28 pm

Resurrection Torchlight wrote:Hm.. someone recently accused me of reading into scripture....Your "proof" is not valid evidence; just because weeping and gnashing of teeth are not described in Revelation 20 does not mean it isn't happening in the lake of fire. "Furnace of fire" in the parable could most certainly be a reference to the lake of fire in Rev 20. The wicked go into ETERNAL PUNISHMENT, it doesn't end in the lake of fire, it continues....forever.

If "weeping and gnashing of teeth" is happening in the Lake of Fire - then PROVE IT.

ETERNAL PUNISHMENT - is quite DIFFERENT from ETERNAL PUNISHING.

To say that punishment "doesn't end in the lake of fire, it continues" is clearly defining ETERNAL PUNISHING. Scripture clearly stated "ETERNAL PUNISHMENT." So your interpretation is clearly "read into".

The punishment is FINAL at DEATH. There is no continuation of LIFE. That's why Scripture defines the term 2nd Death.

To say someone will live forever after they die is contrary to Scripture - and is highly Oxymoronic.
Mr Baldy

Postby Seeker on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:47 pm

Hi RT and Mr. Baldy,

Do you two mind moving your debate to a different thread? I am trying to develop a study here and the debating is cluttering the thread up and distracting my thought train for this thread and study.

Thanks,
Seeker
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
Seeker

Postby Mr Baldy on Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:00 am

Seeker wrote:Hi RT and Mr. Baldy,Do you two mind moving your debate to a different thread? I am trying to develop a study here and the debating is cluttering the thread up and distracting my thought train for this thread and study.

You are right Seeker,

My sincerest apologies to you Sir!
Mr Baldy

Previous

Return to Post-trib view only