Eternal

Discussion and debate not related to prophecy.

Eternal

Postby Keeping Alert on Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:47 am

Hebrews 9:12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption. 13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. 14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance-now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Eternal Redemption
Eternal Spirit
Eternal Inheritance

Eternal Salvation
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Re: Eternal

Postby shorttribber on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:46 am

Keeping Alert wrote:
Hebrews 9:12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption. 13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. 14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance-now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the.......SINS COMMITTED..... under the first covenant.

Eternal Redemption
Eternal Spirit
Eternal Inheritance

Eternal Salvation

...............................................................Daniel 9:12.................................................................
12 And he hath..................................... confirmed his words,............................. which he spake against us, and against our judges that judged us, by bringing upon us a great evil: for under the whole heaven hath not been done as hath been done upon Jerusalem.

Yes, and Christ, Who CONFIRMED the Covenant AND MERCY, an Eternal Promise to Abraham, DID SO DURING the Seventieth Week.......THEREBY Making That PROMISE Eternal.

Not to take things down a rabbit trail...just Comparing Hebrews 9:12 with Daniel 9:12.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Mark F on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:13 pm

shorttribber wrote:
Keeping Alert wrote:

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance-now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the.......SINS COMMITTED..... under the first covenant.

Eternal Redemption
Eternal Spirit
Eternal Inheritance

Eternal Salvation

...............................................................Daniel 9:12.................................................................
12 And he hath..................................... confirmed his words,............................. which he spake against us, and against our judges that judged us, by bringing upon us a great evil: for under the whole heaven hath not been done as hath been done upon Jerusalem.

Yes, and Christ, Who CONFIRMED the Covenant AND MERCY, an Eternal Promise to Abraham, DID SO DURING the Seventieth Week.......THEREBY Making That PROMISE Eternal.

Not to take things down a rabbit trail...just Comparing Hebrews 9:12 with Daniel 9:12.

Hi shorttribber,

I am not following how you are connecting these two passages in saying Christ confirmed a covenant? Is this somehow related to the way you interpret Dan 9:24-27?

Daniel 9:12 is Daniel saying that God said what He meant and did what He said He would if they were unfaithful. God promised judgment for sinfulness and sure enough Daniel finds himself in excile from Jerusalem because of it. Daniel is confessing their sins to God.

Hebrews 9:12 is that the provision of the law is inferior to the supreme work of Christ. The law was a type of the things that are now better and complete in Jesus.
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Edited for a friend.
Mark F

Postby shorttribber on Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:38 pm

Mark F wrote:I am not following how you are connecting these two passages in saying Christ confirmed a covenant? Is this somehow related to the way you interpret Dan 9:24-27?

yes, i'm relating to the end of Daniel 9. The connection is clear when this passages are received together. What people often miss about Daniel's prayer that you mention here...
Mark F wrote:Daniel 9:12 is Daniel saying that God said what He meant and did what He said He would if they were unfaithful. God promised judgment for sinfulness and sure enough Daniel finds himself in excile from Jerusalem because of it. Daniel is confessing their sins to God.

The portion above that is Daniel 9:12 is only Part of that Prayer.....Read his prayer from the Beginning and you will further Understand the Connection.

I don't want to take this conversation away from the original topic though.....I'm only making mention that it was Christ Who Made the promises of God Eternal by Being the One Who CONFIRMED those Promises made unto the fathers.
that they were unto "Jacob"(the Unbelieving of Daniel's People) A LAW, and a Condemnation for Sin...but these Promises were Unto "Israel" (the Faithful, Believing and Repentant of Daniel's People) AN Everlasting Covenant thru Christ.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby Mark F on Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:44 pm

Gotcha, for the most part.
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Edited for a friend.
Mark F

Postby Mark F on Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:53 pm

Keeping Alert wrote:

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance-now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Eternal Redemption
Eternal Spirit
Eternal Inheritance

Eternal Salvation

Makes me think of this passage:

Ephesians 2:11-13 "Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands— 12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ."

For those who I expect the writer was addressing, had been partakers of the blessings and promises, but to us not having that before----then now we have eternal promises that shall never decay, how awesome is our God!
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Edited for a friend.
Mark F

Postby Keeping Alert on Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:51 pm

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

The Primary Theme of the Book of Hebrews is Salvation.

The author goes through great lengths to prove that Salvation is in Christ Alone and that Salvation is Eternal because His Redemption is Eternal.

How more clearly then comparing it the blood of bulls and goats with the very Blood of Jesus Christ. The high priests of ancient times had to do this annually for the nation of Israel but the Blood of Jesus Christ is ONCE FOR ALL. Once we have appropriated the Blood of Jesus Christ, let us not "defile" the Blood of Jesus Christ to be of less worth than the blood of bulls and goats, where we think we have to apply it again and again and again and yet again!

Nope, the Blood of Jesus Christ is not only better, it is far far far better. Once it is applied, its effects are Eternal.

His Blood has cleansed and redeemed us ETERNALLY!

We have been saved eternally. Woo hoo!
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby shorttribber on Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:08 pm

Keeping Alert wrote:His Blood has cleansed and redeemed us ETERNALLY!We have been saved eternally. Woo hoo!

:banana:

shorttribber

Postby Keeping Alert on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:26 pm

shorttribber wrote:
Keeping Alert wrote:His Blood has cleansed and redeemed us ETERNALLY!We have been saved eternally. Woo hoo!

:banana:

:banana: indeed!

"controversial" and "obscure" passages must never contradict clear and obvious passages like these.

Eternal is eternal indeed!

Keeping Alert

Return to General Bible Study & Debate