ISIS and its power

Discussion and debate not related to prophecy.

ISIS and its power

Postby Keeping Alert on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:58 am

As I see the horrendous atrocities that ISIS is committing, I cannot help but relate it to the plight that Jesus had to face when he had to face the Pharisees who knew the law inside out. When Jesus healed the man with a withered hand on a Sabbath, they went crazy and plotted HOW to kill Him!

Very much like the ISIS... Shall it be stoning, beheading or burning?

Jesus fate was the Cross...

But the amazing thing and this came out by people interviewed who were previously ISIS, was that they were all wanting to follow Sharia Law... Just as the Pharisees wanting to enforce the Law (of Moses and their additional 630 odd laws)...

And it is exactly as the Bible says

1Corinthians 15:56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.

Read it again... Sometimes I think this is an "invisible" verse... Many read it and yet fail to grasp it

The POWER of sin IS THE LAW!!!

Once we start to focus on fulfilling the Law, whatever form it may be, you are under the Power of Sin.

ISIS shows it, the Pharisees showed it... Don't be sucked into and be under the power of sin.
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Return to General Bible Study & Debate