Rightly Dividing The Word

Discussion and debate not related to prophecy.

Rightly Dividing The Word

Postby Keeping Alert on Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:26 am

I just saw this

Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God - 1Corinthians 10:32

When God looks at us, He sees only 3 groups of people - the Jews, the non-Jews (Gentiles) and the church.

If God sees 3 groups of people, I suspect that he has 3 quite different endings for each one of them. I think it would be useful if we review our end-time view of each of these three and see if we have inadvertently merged any of these groups together thus not rightly dividing the Word of God.
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Re: Rightly Dividing The Word

Postby mark s on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:38 am

. . . the church being neither Greek nor Jew . . .
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Keeping Alert on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:51 am

mark s wrote:. . . the church being neither Greek nor Jew . . .

A new creation in Christ!
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby mark s on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:59 am

This "rightly divide" is literally "to make a straight cut". As a tentmaker, Paul would have understood the importance of that. You have to cut the right pieces in order to assemble the whole.
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Mark F on Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:09 am

Keeping Alert wrote:I just saw this

Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God - 1Corinthians 10:32

When God looks at us, He sees only 3 groups of people - the Jews, the non-Jews (Gentiles) and the church.

If God sees 3 groups of people, I suspect that he has 3 quite different endings for each one of them. I think it would be useful if we review our end-time view of each of these three and see if we have inadvertently merged any of these groups together thus not rightly dividing the Word of God.

:a3: :a3:
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Edited for a friend.
Mark F

Return to General Bible Study & Debate