Parallel Passages Confirm Truth

(heavily moderated)

Parallel Passages Confirm Truth

Postby shorttribber on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:46 am

:shock: .................................................Rev....11:19.}{.19:11....Rev............................ :shock:
:shock: .......then the temple of God was opened in heaven..}{..Now I saw heaven opened.......... :shock:

Now let's look at some other parallels between Rev chapter 11 and Rev chapter 19

Rev 11
vs15 Loud voices in heaven
vs19 Ref to servants the prophets, the saints and those who fear His Name.
vs19 Sound of thundering
vs16-18 Twenty four elders saying "You have taken Your power and You have reigned"
vs19 Mention of the Ark of the Testimony

Notice how the Ark of the Testimony is seen when the temple was opened in heaven

Rev 19
vs1 loud voices in heaven
vs5 Ref to his servants and those who fear Him both small and great
vs6 Thundering
vs1and 6 The Lord Omnipotent reigns
vs10 Testimony of Jesus mentioned twice in this verse

Notice how the testimony of Jesus is mentioned immediately before heaven is opened in the very next verse.
......................................................................................................................................
The above references from Revelation chap. Eleven Occur Right after the Seventh (LAST) Trump sounds.
Most of you have read this before.......But, is it only Coincidence? Does it not Merit Serious Attention?

The Parallel Passages and Numbering of Biblical text can really Reveal Truth to us if and when we take notice of them.

There are many that i've noticed over time but i haven't recorded them other than to just remember those that have really seemed very significant.
The Parellel between Rev. 11:19 and 19:11 above is just Shocking to me.

i've posted it before....but as of yet, not one person has commented on the significance of it. Is it because there is actually nothing truly interesting to be learned from it? Or is it that the evidence i'm trying to point out regarding these parallels is simply not being understood? :dunno:

Anyway....

I'll share other Examples.......just in short......

Daniel 12 and Revelation 12 both speak of Michael the Archangel and Clearly Reference the 3.5 Years of Great tribulation.

Zech 6 and Revelation 6 both speak of The Horses/Chariots/or Riders.
.............................................................................................................................

Now....the Reason I've started this thread...............well you've probably already guessed it to some degree :alrighty:
Yep..........it has something to do with :deadhorse: Daniel 9

Ok.....Just noticed this tonight :banana:
This particular one follows a Very Interesting and Different Kind of Parallel or Pattern so to speak.

Just check this out.....

Please take notice of some very Key Words.....

Daniel 9:27

And he shall confirm the covenant ............with MANY........... for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause .........the sacrifice......... and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Verse 27 is the Last Verse of Daniel 9

Hebrews 9:28

So Christ was........... once offered........... to bear the sins ..........of MANY;......... and unto them that look for him shall he ..........APPEAR the second time.......... without sin unto salvation.

Verse 28 is the Last Verse of Hebrews 9

The First time Christ... APPEARED,.. He Confirmed The Covenant Made by Promise unto the Fathers and Divided the 70th week in the Midst...........
And to Them that Look for him shall He... APPEAR... and Confirm his Power and Inheritance IN Preparing for himself a Bride Without Spot or Wrinkle or ANY Such THING ( Without Sin ).... UNTO and Utterly Delivered (Salvation)from the Power of SIN in this World.

So.........as far as it looks to me........Hebrews 9:28 follows Daniel 9:27 in a very interesting way.
Last edited by shorttribber on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Re: Parallel Passages Confirm Truth

Postby morpheus on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:25 pm

I think Rev 11 and Rev 19 are passages about the same thing/time. So I concur with the match you have mentioned. Some of the other matches also ring true. However, I do not fine the Daniel and Hebrew match as significant beyond what they say separately.

Anyway, I felt somebody should at least respond. I am sure everybody like me is busy with the holidays, friends, and family. Hope you had a good Christmas.
morpheus

Postby Jay Ross on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:17 pm

morpheus wrote:<snip>

Anyway, I felt somebody should at least respond. I am sure everybody like me is busy with the holidays, friends, and family. Hope you had a good Christmas.

There is no need as ST gave his own assessment on what he wrote and he was probably prophetically right when he said this: -

shorttribber wrote:<snip>
.............................................................................................................................

Now....the Reason I've started this thread...............well you've probably already guessed it to some degree :alrighty:

Yep..........it has something to do with :deadhorse:

<snip>

Although it was probably unintentional on his part though :doh:

LOL:
Jay Ross

Postby shorttribber on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:16 pm

Hi Morpheus,
Thanx for recognizing and acknowledging the relationship between Rev. 11:19/19:11.....I hope we can discuss that in particular when time is more plentiful for the both of us ok?

The relationship of Dan. 9:27 and Heb. 9:28 goes further than what I've initially posted also.....but when I have a chance i'll explain more about that....my time is short also right now.

When I found this parallel I had to post it though....I posted at about 2:30am :mrgreen: Due to time limitations during daylight.

And Jay,
Just kid'n on the dead horse.....It only seems that way sometimes because people have so firmly held to their personal ideas about Dan 9.
To me though, Daniel 9 is the very center of Bible prophecy and i'll continue to try and Expound on the truth contained in it. And when more evidence is supplied to me, I will continue to examine and advance it if I find it Very Valid and Reasonable, even if Certain evidence is Contrary to Ideas an understanding that I currently hold.

Bless ya both
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby Keeping Alert on Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:57 pm

Shorttibber, I absolutely agree that Parallel Passages are important to take note. Most people don't pull passages from so far apart though and therefore, your insight is really interesting especially when the chapters and numbers are related

It is interesting you brought this up... I was doing a little bit of compare and contrast between the Law and Grace myself...
Exodus 32 vs Acts 2... Many things to compare but this was to me very interesting...

Exodus 32:28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of he people that day about three thousand men.

Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added about three thousand souls.

There is definitely a case to be said for parallel passages! :a3:
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby shorttribber on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Keeping Alert wrote:It is interesting you brought this up... I was doing a little bit of compare and contrast between the Law and Grace myself...Exodus 32 vs Acts 2... Many things to compare but this was to me very interesting...Exodus 32:28 And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of he people that day about three thousand men.Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added about three thousand souls.

Yes, that is an interesting one too....and we should pay attention to them.

Thanx for joining in :grin:

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:49 pm

Hebrews.............NINE:TWENTYSIX
For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the.......... end of the world hath......... HE APPEARED........... to PUT AWAY SIN (Daniel 9:24...... to make an end of sins....) by the....................... sacrifice of himself.(Death/CUT OFF)

Daniel............... NINE:TWENTYSIX
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be.............CUT OFF,............. but not for himself:(But for MANY Hebrews NINE: TWENTYEIGHT) and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

.................................................................................................................................................
Insert the very well known, Daniel NINE:TWENTYSEVEN here........
.................................................................................................................................................

Hebrews 9:28 So Christ was........... once offered........... to bear the sins ..........of MANY;......... and unto them that look for him....................SHALL He APPEAR................ the second time.......... without sin unto salvation.

Another part of the parallel. :grin:

shorttribber

Postby watching on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi Shorttribber,

Interesting find!

I agree, I don't think the parallels are there by chance or by accident. I think they're there to give us clues about timing and to let us know that certain scriptures are related to each other.

For example, there is another parallel, which I'm not sure if you've ever noticed it before, or not, but it's between Zechariah 4:11, and Revelation 11:4.

In Revelation 11:4, it says...

Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

And in Zechariah 4:11, it says...

Zec 4:11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?

Then, in Zechariah 4:14, the angel answers the question by saying...

Zec 4:14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

I believe the meaning of the angels answer is not completely understood until you get to the New Testament.

Without getting into too much detail, I believe the answer as to who the "two anointed ones" are can be found in another book with the number 11. (Think of the number 11 as two sticks, as in candlesticks/olive trees.)

And that book would be Romans 11. Particularly, verse 17.

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

To find out who "stands" before the God of the whole earth, I think you, once again, have to look at the New Testament. But I won't get into that now. I realize this is a little off topic.

So, getting back to Daniel 9:27, I don't think it's an accident that verse 27 in the book of Romans speaks of the "covenant."

I'll post the scripture below, starting from verse 26.

Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

I believe this is yet another example of parallelism in the bible. I don't think it's an accident that the number 27 in the above verse refers God's covenant.

So, yes, I would definitely have to agree with you that numbers are very important in the scriptures. And I do believe they are designed to gives us clues and better understanding of what is being meant. :grin:
:a2:
watching

Postby shorttribber on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:37 pm

:banana: thanx for post'n watching :banana:

great stuff! Really dandy about 4:11 11:4

And :welcome: Back!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: !!!

shorttribber

Postby watching on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:53 pm

Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome, Shorttribber! It's good to be back!

:hugs:
watching

Postby Exit40 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:47 am

shorttribber wrote::banana: thanx for post'n watching :banana:

great stuff! Really dandy about 4:11 11:4

And :welcome: Back!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: !!!

Me too ! great to hear from you watching.

God Bless You

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby watching on Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:30 pm

Thank you so much Exit40 (David)! So nice to be back! I'll try to post more often. Missed you all!
:hugs: :hugs2:
watching

Postby Keeping Alert on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:51 am

Not so grand and not sure if this would count as parallelism but The most noticeable parallelism which I noticed many years ago was between John 3:16 and 1John 3:16

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1John 3:16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby shorttribber on Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:57 am

Keeping Alert wrote:Not so grand and not sure if this would count as parallelism but The most noticeable parallelism which I noticed many years ago was between John 3:16 and 1John 3:16

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1John 3:16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.

that is a dandy! thanx so much for sharing that :grin:

shorttribber

Postby watching on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Nice find, Keeping Alert!
watching

Postby watching on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:41 pm

Hi, Shorttribber,

I just wanted to elaborate a little bit on my post, because there are some things that I've noticed since then.

In Revelation 11:4 and Zechariah 4:11, it speaks of two candlesticks and two olive trees. Well, 2+2=4. So, this would account for the 4. Because, there are basically 4 in 2. Or two sets of two in 1. And the 11, which looks like two sticks, would represent the two sets of two in 1. In other words, 1+1.

Also, I said I wasn't going to get into the part about "who stand before the God of the whole earth," because I didn't want to derail this thread, but I'm noticing another interesting parallel.

The above quote is from Zehariah 4:14.

Zechariah 4:14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

Well, if you rearrange the numbers 4:14, you get 144.

I noticed, you had mentioned in another thread about the 144,000 who "stand" with Jesus on mount Sion. (There are other scriptures, as well, but I'll just focus on this one, since there appears to be a parallel.) Incidentally, this is found in Revelation 14, verses 1-4.

Revelation 14:1-4

And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. 2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: 3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

So, again, I just wanted to say that I do believe these parallels are there for a reason; to give us clues and to help us understand the scriptures.
watching

Postby shorttribber on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:49 pm

:banana:

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:34 pm

watching wrote:In Revelation 11:4 and Zechariah 4:11, it speaks of two candlesticks and two olive trees. Well, 2+2=4. So, this would account for the 4. Because, there are basically 4 in 2. Or two sets of two in 1. And the 11, which looks like two sticks, would represent the two sets of two in 1. In other words, 1+1.Also, I said I wasn't going to get into the part about "who stand before the God of the whole earth," because I didn't want to derail this thread, but I'm noticing another interesting parallel.

I just checked something with regard to this....the Message of the two Witnesses.....IMO Will Be the Following Message.

Rev. 4:11
11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

:banana:

shorttribber

Postby watching on Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:32 am

Hi Shorttribber,

I've been meaning to point out another parrallel having to do with the number 11, which is in Isaiah 11. But I just haven't been able to find the time to make another post.

However, a couple of days ago, I was thinking about making a post. And I intended to pull up Isaiah 11 to take a look at it before posting, but I accidentally pulled up Zechariah 11.

When I realized my mistake, instead of immediately changing it to Isaiah 11, I thought to myself, let me just take a look and see what's in Zechariah 11.

If you remember, I had said that the number 11 looks like two sticks....

Well, sure enough, Zechariah 11 has to do with two sticks.

Or, actually, two rods, or staffs in this case.

Zechariah 11

10 And I took my staff, even Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people.

11 And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that it was the word of the Lord.

12 And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.

13 And the Lord said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the Lord.

14 Then I cut asunder mine other staff, even Bands, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel.

I immediately recognized this scripture because I remember seeing it come up in some of the debates about Daniel 9:27, but I never fully understood it.

I think the first part is easy enough to understand. The first rod represents God's covenant with Israel, which was broken when Jesus was rejected as Messiah. I think the part about the thirty pieces of silver pretty much gives that away.

Of course, we know now that it was only broken in favor of making a New and better Covenant, which actually gave strength to and confirmed the Old covenant. (Hebrews 8:6, Romans 15:8, Galatians 3:17).

However, I never really understood what the second stick was about.

But now, having realized, that this must be a parallel scripture to Romans 11, I think it's a lot easier to understand.

God said that, in that day, He would break the other stick "bands" which is the stick that "binds" or holds the two houses of Israel together.

Romans 11 explains to us that, at the present time, there are still two house of Israel. But the two houses of Israel that the New Testament speaks of are Natural Israel (the Jews) and Spiritual Israel (believing Gentiles that have been grafted in).

When natural Israel rejected their Messiah, and Jesus was betrayed for thirty pieces of silver, not only was the covenant broken, but it was also at that time that some of the natural branches were broken off.

Romans 11

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

The good news, however, is that they will be grafted in again....

Romans 11

23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.

24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

This brings me to Isaiah 11, because that is what Isaiah 11 is about.

It is about the coming together of the two houses of Israel. And how both will partake together of the "root" as described in Romans 11:17.

Revelation 22:16 tells us that Jesus is the root and the offspring of David.

Rev 22:16

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Isaiah 11 speaks of both the root and the offspring of David.

Jesse was David's father. So, Jesus is the root and offspring of both David and Jesse.

Isaiah 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

Isaiah 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Jesus also said that He is the vine and we are the branches.

John 15:5

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

(I don't know if this is a stretch, but 5+5+1=11.)

Isaiah 11 goes on to explain how the two branches/the two houses will eventually be joined together.

(The two houses of Israel in the Old Testament are usually referred to as Israel and Judah, or Judah and Ephraim.)

Isaiah 11

10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.

12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

13 The envy also of Ephraim shall depart, and the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off: Ephraim shall not envy Judah, and Judah shall not vex Ephraim.

The remaining verses go on to describe how the two will work together.

Isaiah 11

14 But they shall fly upon the shoulders of the Philistines toward the west; they shall spoil them of the east together: they shall lay their hand upon Edom and Moab; and the children of Ammon shall obey them.

15 And the Lord shall utterly destroy the tongue of the Egyptian sea; and with his mighty wind shall he shake his hand over the river, and shall smite it in the seven streams, and make men go over dryshod.

16 And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt.

Incidentally, in Ezekiel 37, we see another depiction of the two houses of Israel being joined together. And what's interesting is that, once again, "two sticks" are used to describe the two houses of Israel.

(Also, again, I don't know if this is a stretch, but 3+7=11.)

Ezekiel 37:11-22

11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.

12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.

13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,

14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord.

15 The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying,

16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and for all the house of Israel his companions:

17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.

18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?

19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.

21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

In John 10, Jesus said....

John 10

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Now, back to Zechariah 11....

Zechariah 11

16 For, lo, I will raise up a shepherd in the land, which shall not visit those that be cut off, neither shall seek the young one, nor heal that that is broken, nor feed that that standeth still: but he shall eat the flesh of the fat, and tear their claws in pieces.

17 Woe to the idol shepherd that leaveth the flock! the sword shall be upon his arm, and upon his right eye: his arm shall be clean dried up, and his right eye shall be utterly darkened.

Zechariah 12

2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Zechariah 12

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

So, as you can see from the above verses, it is around this time that natural Israel is redeemed.

The same is true with Ezekiel 37.

Ezekiel 37

23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

28 And the heathen shall know that I the Lord do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

Notice the mention of the tabernacle above.

Now back to Zechariah 14.

Zechariah 14

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

And now to Revelation 21:3

Rev 21:3

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
watching

Postby shorttribber on Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:35 pm

watching wrote:again, I don't know if this is a stretch, but 3+7=11

That must be a new "Common Core" Formula :mrgreen:

You know I'm kid'n.....but 3+7 usually equals 10 :mrgreen: so yes, I would say you're stretching that one :wink:

Ok ....I really like the rest of the post and look forward to looking closer at it.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help just a smidgen of tease.

:hugs:

shorttribber

Postby watching on Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:57 pm

Oh my! That really deserves a facepalm. :doh:

I never said I was good at math. :mrgreen:
watching

Postby shorttribber on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:04 pm

watching wrote:Oh my! That really deserves a facepalm. :doh:

I never said I was good at math. :mrgreen:

I must admit that I am Electronically and Mathematically challenged......oh well :lava:

shorttribber

Postby watching on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:08 pm

Yep, that would be me! :lava:

I don't think I've ever used that smiley before.

My goal is to have used all of them at some point. :mrgreen:

I just realized, I should have used this one.

:blondmoment:
watching

Postby shorttribber on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:19 pm

I was going to use this one for tease... :tease:

Emoticons are fun...........oh :oldman: One More Thing..... I like that little old fella too :laugh:

shorttribber

Postby watching on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess I probably deserve this one too.

:fightfish:

(Please note: no one was hurt by this emoticon.)
watching

Postby shorttribber on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:30 pm

watching wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess I probably deserve this one too.

:fightfish:

(Please note: no one was hurt by this emoticon.)

No Watching....you've never deserved to be beaten with a fish :lol:

shorttribber

Postby watching on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:37 pm

:lol:

Btw, that was funny about the common core. I showed it to my daughter and she laughed too. :grin:
watching

Postby shorttribber on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:45 pm

I really don't know much about it but the idea just popped in my head so I guess it's just the timing that works sometimes :grin:

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:46 pm

good stuff ya got posted over at the temple thread too by the way

shorttribber

Postby watching on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:53 pm

shorttribber wrote:I really don't know much about it but the idea just popped in my head so I guess it's just the timing that works sometimes :grin:

Yeah, it was really funny. The whole bit was funny! :grin:

I was trying to find the ROFL emoticon, but I couldn't get the "view more smilies" to come up.

I guess that's just part of my being electronically challenged, among other things. :grin:
watching

Postby shorttribber on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:07 pm

on my computer it doesn't come up either sometimes....so I go to the bottom (task bar?) and click on it down there...seems it is just like another widow to open down there.

shorttribber

Postby watching on Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:28 pm

Oh I see it now. Thanks!

This is the one I was looking for.

:rolllaughing:

Thanks for the laugh today, Shorttribber! I enjoyed it! :grin:
watching

Postby shorttribber on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:38 am

Not sure who would like to participate in this..............but I wanted to revisit it because I found what I believe are more gems regarding Parallel Scripture Texts.

Below is the post I moved over from another thread .............
I didn't want to derail that thread, so I thought that any comments on this post should continue on this thread.

..............................................................................................................................

Again I will mention that my time to post is very limited.....but I noticed some things that I will put on another thread that I began about a year or so back.

The reason I wanted to post this part here first is because I found some of these new things while investigating the meaning of the "Seal of God" regarding what marks had posted.

Please take notice of the Chapter and verse numbers below.......Please, look closely....take your time, and notice their Relationship to each other.

.........................................Duet 11:18*18:11 Rev......................................

Deuteronomy 11:18

Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.

Now, please keep the following words, AND Promise in mind.
Sealed until the day of Redemption

...........................................Rev 18:11*11:18 Rev................................................

Rev 18:11
And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
.............15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,
.................. for in one hour is she made desolate.
20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
........................24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Rev 11:18
18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
...................11.............. And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Sealed until the day of Redemption

11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth
their merchandise any more:
.............15 The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,
.................. for in one hour is she made desolate.
20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
........................24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Deuteronomy 11:18
Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.

Exodus 13:9,16
And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt…

shorttribber

Postby member x on Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:58 pm

Shorttribber,

I have been studying leisurely what is called chiastic structure.

I believe you are witnessing this in your study. I believe Chiastic structure is significant in our understanding of end times events.

Check out a man by the name of Mark Davidson. He has done some extensive study on it, especially in Daniel.

As an example: Matt 6:24
No one can serve two masters;
for either he will hate the one
and love the other
or he will be devoted to one
and despise the other
You cannot serve God an wealth.

this is a chaistic parallel. They key point of the text is the middle"

A. No one can serve two masters
B. for either he will hate the one
C. and love the other
C. or he will be devoted to one
B. and despise the other
A. you cannot serve God and wealth

Notice that AA, BB and CC are the same, with CC being the them of the passage:
AA: You cannot serve two masters - you cannot serve God and wealth

BB: for either he will hate the one and despise the other

CC: and love the one and be devoted to one

The main them of this passage is love and devotion to one, or better said - love and devotion to God.
member x
Supporting Member

Postby shorttribber on Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:13 pm

member x wrote:Shorttribber,

I have been studying leisurely what is called chiastic structure.

I believe you are witnessing this in your study. I believe Chiastic structure is significant in our understanding of end times events.

Check out a man by the name of Mark Davidson. He has done some extensive study on it, especially in Daniel.

As an example: Matt 6:24
No one can serve two masters;
for either he will hate the one
and love the other
or he will be devoted to one
and despise the other
You cannot serve God an wealth.

this is a chaistic parallel. They key point of the text is the middle"

A. No one can serve two masters
B. for either he will hate the one
C. and love the other
C. or he will be devoted to one
B. and despise the other
A. you cannot serve God and wealth

Notice that AA, BB and CC are the same, with CC being the them of the passage:
AA: You cannot serve two masters - you cannot serve God and wealth

BB: for either he will hate the one and despise the other

CC: and love the one and be devoted to one

The main them of this passage is love and devotion to one, or better said - love and devotion to God.

Thank you for chiming in member x,
What you are studying is a real element that does help to understand Hebraic writing, absolutely.

Glad you brought this into the thread.....and we have had a thread on Chiasm before actually.

I will provide the link....

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=56734&p=489484&hilit=+chiastic+structure#p489484

All of us that participated in the thread really had a fun time at it....if you read what we did in it you will see why :grin:

That thread is really one of my fondest memories here at the forum.......if you read it for a while you will find out why too .....

What a fun time we all had :laugh:

I will enjoy discussing this more with you....as I do think the patterns and paralleling of scripture was and is definitely very intentional by the Lord.

shorttribber

Postby Keeping Alert on Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:45 am

Couldn't agree with you more, Shorty.
Althought time has flown past by
The memories of that thread stay
More agreeable with the length of time.

Keeping Alert

Postby shorttribber on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Keeping Alert wrote:Couldn't agree with you more, Shorty.
Althought time has flown past by
The memories of that thread stay
More agreeable with the length of time.

Ah.....Chiasmic Chatter it is! :grin:
My thanx to you KA,
My best for you is wished.
More words of parallel please to these. :grin:

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:11 pm

:sheep: :abandoned: :sheep:

shorttribber

Postby Keeping Alert on Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:40 am

A sheep abandoned we are not
We have a Shepherd that loves us
A God that never forsakes us
and is with us even in the shadow of the valley of death

Keeping Alert

Postby shorttribber on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:58 am

shorttribber wrote::sheep: :abandoned: :sheep:
Keeping Alert wrote:A sheep abandoned we are not
We have a Shepherd that loves us
A God that never forsakes us
and is with us even in the shadow of the valley of death

Romans 15: 8
Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
John 14:18
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Romans 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week:
Zech 14:18
And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD'S house shall be like the bowls before the altar.
21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.
Gen 15:8 And he said, Lord GOD, whereby shall I know that I shall inherit it?

shorttribber

Postby extravagantchristian on Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:57 am

ST, I noticed something similar in Revelation 2:17 and 21:7

Also, Revelation 3:12 and 3:21

I've always assumed that the numbering of chapters and verses was a man made thing, and not necessarily inspired by God. But, maybe it is?

And if so, why? I wonder if there is some kind of hidden message that can be decoded from it?
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:15 am

extravagantchristian wrote:ST, I noticed something similar in Revelation 2:17 and 21:7

Also, Revelation 3:12 and 3:21

I'm going to look at those verses and see what you're talking about.

That's interesting also...the inverted or rearranged numbers in them.

I've always assumed that the numbering of chapters and verses was a man made thing, and not necessarily inspired by God. But, maybe it is?

And if so, why? I wonder if there is some kind of hidden message that can be decoded from it?

The verses are a man made thing ...so to speak... but they were nevertheless it seems overseen in some way by God I think.

There is a book I heard of at some point that does that kind of in depth look at the order and pattern of verses but I can't remember the author.

Was done before computers too...not talking about the Bible code book I don't think...it was something different as I remember.

It could be that I saw the verse patterns in the Original Bible Code book, with the original author mentioning who had first discovered the verse patterns and so on.

I do think that there is something to the Bible Code idea too...but that has gotten some odd elements added into it (by later authors) that have some suspicious red flag things in it, at least to me.

Oh...and thanx for jumping back in to the conversation about this. :grin:

shorttribber

Postby extravagantchristian on Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:35 am

Np, I noticed it when I was comparing the verses in Revelation about those who "overcome"

I think it's interesting how God likes to speak to us using numbers. Although sometimes confusing.
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:44 am

extravagantchristian wrote:Np, I noticed it when I was comparing the verses in Revelation about those who "overcome"

I think it's interesting how God likes to speak to us using numbers. Although sometimes confusing.

What is Np ? Was it a typo?

shorttribber

Postby extravagantchristian on Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:48 am

No problem :grin:
extravagantchristian

Postby shorttribber on Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:51 am

extravagantchristian wrote:Np, I noticed it when I was comparing the verses in Revelation about those who "overcome"

I got it...the Rev 2:17..21:7......3:12/21 connection is a good one for sure.....very good!

Can I ask you this too then.....I've been, over the past several years, inundated with the number 555 seemly popping up everywhere and at the most incredible times, has that at all happened to you?

I have yet to figure out why...but I do think it is something the Lord is showing me for some reason.

Also wanted to add...I know there is a stupid astrology thing about numbers in a row, and I'm not talking about that...I'm interested in finding out what the 555 may Really mean...in a Biblical sense.
Kind of like, there is a reality to the stars and signs by author Bulinger, for example, that predates the Perversion of them by astrology.
Last edited by shorttribber on Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:52 am

extravagantchristian wrote:No problem :grin:

Oh, ok, one of those texting things.....I don't text much at all, and still have a flip phone :mrgreen:

shorttribber

Postby mark s on Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:06 am

You can look for the "meanings" of numbers in Scripture, and you'll find much, I'm certain! You can synchronize verse numbers, but is it Scripture?

What is the Authority?

Much love!
mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby shorttribber on Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:32 pm

mark s wrote:You can look for the "meanings" of numbers in Scripture, and you'll find much, I'm certain! You can synchronize verse numbers, but is it Scripture?

What is the Authority?

Much love!
mark

Hebraic forms are basic rules....Just as there are basic rules in English grammar mark.

It is known by all of us that you are excellent at English grammar.

I'm not at all good at English grammar, I will admit, but I have been studying more of the Hebrew, and there are reasons for the patterns and numbers Mark.

Hebrew is best described as a form similar to fabric....the words and phrases are not to be understood in a linear fashion as in English.
Hebrew has a kind of thickness to the words and phrases such as fabric woven together.
That thickness is created by the repetitious nature of the readings and reflective value of them; the rising to a main point, and the dissention from that main point...those patterns also create number forms naturally.

Who is the Authority in the original form of Hebrew writings? I would say God is.

mark s wrote:You can synchronize verse numbers, but is it Scripture?

Not sure I know the intended meaning of this question exactly Mark.

shorttribber

Postby mark s on Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:23 pm

That would be "21:7" and "2:17", things like that.

When someone starts claiming the counts of letters, or the "symbolic" meanings of numbers, or the coincidence of verse and chapter numbers form the foundations for their doctrines, I have to ask, what is the proof?

I hear this a lot. Hebrew, Greek, they have these deep hidden meaning.

My objection is once you go down that road you can go wherever you want.

I know this, because I know many who do this, and without exception, at least so far as I've seen, and I've been paying a lot of attention, Each arrives at their own doctrines.

Hidden meanings, all right, hidden so well no one else can see them.

I don't believe God vouchsafed His revelation to mankind hidden in numbers, for a few special individuals to decode for the rest of us.

I think we need learn to understand and accept all the words written.

But that's me. I think I just have a higher standard of proof.

Hebrew is best described as a form similar to fabric....the words and phrases are not to be understood in a linear fashion as in English.
Hebrew has a kind of thickness to the words and phrases such as fabric woven together.

To me, a statement like this just says, I can make it what I want. I can layer this onto that, and come up with such and such.

Hebrew is pictoral, of course, but it's still language. It is still meant to communicate.

It would be interesting to see you in discussion with a friend of mine. He's into this stuff as much or more as you. He reads Greek, and can read much of Hebrew. And his doctrine is strikingly different than yours. So what do you make of that?

Much love!
mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Next

Return to Prophecy Debate Area