When is the next Jubilee?

the place to ask general questions not prophecy related

Postby mark s on Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:07 pm

This has come up a few places for me . . .

I've heard that the next Jubilee is in a year or two.

Here is an article that speculates 2029.

http://www.creation-answers.com/chronoj.htm

This Rabbi speculated the Jewish year 5765. The current year is 5774.

http://ohr.edu/ask_db/ask_main.php/196/Q3/

This one says it's next year:

http://www.torahcalendar.com/Calendar.asp?YM=Y2013M11

This one supports the 5765 year, nine years ago.

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/artic ... nd-jubilee

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Re: When is the next Jubilee?

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:41 pm

:mrgreen: Would somebody please PLEASE clear this up for us? PLEASE.... :mrgreen:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby 4givenmuch on Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:59 pm

Maybe the cycle starts again coinciding with the rebirth of the nation? Or the take over of Jerusalem?
Seek Humility!
4givenmuch
Supporting Member

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:32 am

From what I can tell at least from my study of scripture,the nation of Isreal never successfully observed a year of Jubilee. They only sporadically observed the law of the land sabbath according to scripture. Whatever the so called "sages" claim is suspect, since many of them agree that their own calendar may be off by decades and some claim over 100 years. Honestly I don't think we can really pin it down, we can only speculate. Though this year in September starts a sabbath year according to the current Jewish calendar. I personally think that the Jubilee will be celebrated the year that the Lord returns, and that He may choose to use the current Hebrew calendar as a witness to the Jews. But that again is just me speculating.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:06 pm

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jubilee_(biblical)

4given much, if they started counting again in 1967, then according to the 49 year cycle the next jubilee would be in 2016.

A seven year peace treaty could come any time between now and then.
The year of jubilee may not be significant to the return of Christ, but I can see how a false messiah might use that to play into his lies. The unbelieving always want to see a sign. God may give them their sign.
extravagantchristian

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:18 pm

If the seven year covenant came this year, the man of sin could break it anytime during the midst of the seven years. He could break it in 2016 and claim to be God then.
extravagantchristian

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:15 am

Excellent warning post, RT. I am not aware of any scripture which tells us the Lord will have His 1000 years of rest at the beginning of His Jubilee, and may have gotten all excited about it when I watched Dewey Bruton's timeline (which proved to be erroneous). I only imagine that we know the earth is almost 7,000 years old....and again, I learned that number from Dewey...so I may have learned it in error...

BUT.....

I could really see where since Christ reigns 1000 years, and since our week is based on the 7 days, with the last 1 day being a day of rest...When Christ comes, the Lord can rest for his 1000 years. It doesn't seem that hard to fathom that this is correct...the 7th Jubilee, or 7000 years...and Christ's reign for that 1000.

I am not sure one way or another, but pinning down the number (or even close) seems to be very complicated, for sure....and personally, I would not know where to begin.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:14 pm

With very little thought and zero research, I wondered why we feel there will be a "next Jubilee?"

Wasn't the purpose to provide protection and care for the less fortunate and those oppressed? And to teach forgiveness (of debt owed) after a time as well as the principle of rest? I don't remember an instance in scripture recording the actual celebration/observance although I could be wrong.

Wasn't the Jubilee a foreshadowing of Jesus?

He sets the captive free; forgives our debts; heals the sick, rest in Him, and teaches kind, considerate treatment of all.

:dunno:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jericho on Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:30 pm

I have no clue about the next Jibilee but here's something of interest. Gen 6:3 says "And the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, for he is indeed flesh; yet his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” This may refer to the time from the proclamation was made until the flood, however it could also refer to the length of time until the second coming. 120x50 Jubilees is 6000 years. It's impossible to peg down an exact date but I think most would agree we are nearing that time now.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:02 pm

From Nelson's New International Dictionary:

Part of the reason why God established the Jubilee Year was to prevent the Israelites from oppressing one another (Lev_25:17). One effect of the Jubilee Year was to prevent a permanent system of economic classes. The Jubilee Year had a leveling effect on Israel's culture; it gave everyone a chance to start over, economically and socially. The Jubilee Year reminds us that God wants people to be free (Luk_4:18-19). It also stands as a witness to God's desire for justice on earth and calls into question any social practices that lead to permanent bondage and loss of economic opportunity.

Closely resembles Isaiah's prophetic words:

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, Because the LORD has anointed me To bring good news to the afflicted; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to captives And freedom to prisoners;
Isa 61:2 To proclaim the favorable year of the LORD And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn,
Isa 61:3 To grant those who mourn in Zion, Giving them a garland instead of ashes, The oil of gladness instead of mourning, The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting. So they will be called oaks of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.

I think Jesus fulfilled the feast of Jubilee.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby mark s on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:08 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:With very little thought and zero research, I wondered why we feel there will be a "next Jubilee?"

Good question. Abiding!

The reason for my question is that so many people seem to think that there will be. And if so, it's just a matter of counting off years since the last. Really, the question I suppose is, when would the year of Jubilee be, whether observed or not.

Some of these sources I read feel that the statute only applied while all 12 tribes were in the land. Of course, how could you even observe it now, without knowing who belonged to which parcel? And since some of the land is in Gaza, some in Jordan, and so on, it would be impossible without a major war.

But to look at your question a slightly different way . . .

"Jubilee" is a transliteration, not a translation. The Hebrew word is something like JUBL, and essentially means a blast from the trumpet.

The first use is in Exodus 19 . . . "and when you hear the JUBL, then come up the mountain." Joshua 6, in the telling of the taking of Jericho, uses the word several times also.

So the passages that say, 'it is a Jubilee year" in Leviticus 25-27 are actually saying this is a trumpet blast year for you. It was announced by the blowing of trumpets throughout the land.

The story from one commentator was that when the people of Jerusalem heard the trumpet announce the completion of the evening sacrifice on the Day of Atonement, that they would blow their trumpets. And when the people outside Jerusalem heard those, they would sound, and in all the villages, when you heard the trumpets blowing from around Jerusalem, you would blow your trumpet, until the sound of trumpets was heard everywhere in Israel.

Of course, this would announce the restoration of land, forgiveness of debt, and freedom from slavery, that is, an economic "reset".

But with the meaning of the word in mind, you ask, will there be another trumpet blast? I'd say yes.

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:28 pm

mark s wrote:Of course, this would announce the restoration of land, forgiveness of debt, and freedom from slavery, that is, an economic "reset".

Agreed. This was the purpose of the Jubilee.

But with the meaning of the word in mind, you ask, will there be another trumpet blast? I'd say yes.

Yes, there will be another trumpet blast and/or shout, but it will not signal the Jubilee as intended in the OT. So, perhaps I misunderstood the intent of your original post which seemed to refer to the Jubilee rather than the Hebrew meaning of trumpet blast.

Jesus is our Jubilee as He fulfilled the purpose of the OT principles of equity, rest, freedom, forgivenss, and consideration of others. Implementation of the year of Jubilee foreshadows Jesus.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby mark s on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:38 am

HI Abiding,

My OP was wondering about the Levitical Jubilee year. But I also see a foreshadowing of Jesus.

It's the trumpet blast that signals a return to the allotted land, the restoration of family and freedom, and the forgiveness of debt, both in the "trumpet blast year" and when Jesus returns.

Love in Christ,
Mark
mark s

Postby notworthcomparing on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:20 pm

I have read several who believe that 2017 is the next Jubilee.

(link removed by mod . . . linking to other forums not permitted.)

:bowing: :bowing: :bowing:
notworthcomparing

Postby notworthcomparing on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:22 pm

The folks at Torah Calendar, believe we are presently right at the end of the year 5999.

http://www.torahcalendar.com/

:bowing: :bowing: :bowing:
notworthcomparing

Postby redeemed1953 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:55 pm

:armor:
Since everything revolves around Israel and the Church, I would suggest looking at the regathering of Israel--70 years in 2018.

In 2017 it will be 50 years since Jerusalem (the City of the Great King) was recovered by Israel. It is also the 500th anniversary of the Pro-testant Reformation.

This is big stuff in the Kingdom.

:a3:
I am a great sinner and Christ is a great Saviour...John Newton
redeemed1953

Postby Keeping Alert on Thu May 15, 2014 2:05 am

I would say 2015 and 2016 are very interesting years to watch. But we could add 2017 for safe measure because of the calculation when the start point would be.

I believe in a simplicity and I think personally God does not require too much of a intellectual gymnastics to get to answer understanding of his word.

Therefore, I do not believe that we have to go back to calculating from Adam's time or something like that... it is probably something that we can calculate quite simply for modern times...

I believe the stop-watch restarted when Jerusalem was back in the land and therefore, I believe that just a simple calculation of 49 years from 1967 would bring us to the year of Jubilee thereafter. Now as to whether we take a 365.25 year as one year or a 360-day year makes the calculation to either 2015 or 2016 (and possibly 2017 for safe measure depending on how one wants to calculate the start point which from certain facts could be 1968 instead of 1967)

I personally believe that 2015 is more significant as it is 49 prophetic 360-day years from Jerusalem being back in the land.

The 50th year is of course the Jubilee.

But I remember 1whowaits who was active here (are you around?) saying that in the event of war, the Jubilee is postponed for 7 years and he gave scriptural evidence for it.

I regret I can't seem to find that post now but if that being the case, then the Jubilee is 2022 (2015+7) to 2024 (2017+7)
but my pet guess is 2022.

Here I found it... From 1whowaits

And from statements made by Caleb in the book of Joshua, there was a 7 year delay of the starting of the counting of the years in order for the land to be conquered and settled and plowed. So it may be possible that the beginning of the count down for the year of Jubilee began in 1973. Any year of Jubilee begins on the Day of Atonement and coincidentally Israel was attacked and went to war on the Day of Atonement in 1973, perhaps pointing to a significance of that date.

If the beginning of the counting of the years for the year of Jubilee began in the year of 1973, the endpoint would be 49.5 years later in the fall, Day of Atonement in 2022. (the Hebrew calendar year begins in the spring, the Year of Jubilee always begins in the fall, placing it 49.5 years from the starting year).

An interesting point is that Isa 61 and 63 appear to associate the Year of jubilee (the year of the Lord's favor), with armageddon (the day of vengeance), the endpoint of the 70th week. This would make sense in that Jesus return and deliverance of the Jewish people would be a fulfillment of the year of Jubilee, which does occur at armageddon.

If this were an accurate counting, we then could be in the 41st year of the 49.5 year cycle, in the 2 years prior to the 'seven'.
1whowaits

It seems we agree... :grin:
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby GodsStudent on Thu May 15, 2014 1:20 pm

Well, Keeping Alert, I'm sure you've noticed 2022 is 7 from the blood moons completion (2015)...So, if the final 7 begins next year, as suspected by those watching the blood moons....2022 would be seven years from there and we are not only in the season, but the actual final countdown to.

Wow...just wow!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu May 15, 2014 1:35 pm

Keeping Alert, is it possible for you to post a link to 1whowaits comment?
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Keeping Alert on Thu May 15, 2014 8:02 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:Keeping Alert, is it possible for you to post a link to 1whowaits comment?

Hope this works http://www.fulfilledprophecy.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=68203&p=570716&hilit=Jubilee+Caleb+Delay#p570716
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby Exit40 on Fri May 16, 2014 6:46 am

There are two methods for counting the Jubilee years, inclusive and exclusive. Both are accurate, from the way the Lord counts them. From the way the numbers show a repeating pattern, I believe the cycle to be 49 years, the 50th year being the first year of the next cycle, thus inclusive for the Land, the cycle of sowing and reaping. But the way in which the people Israel were to follow the Law would give them the year to comply, and receive His Grace and Blessing, thus exclusive. There is also a Grand Jubilee, which occurs every 490 years, 70 weeks of years, or 70 X 7, which is also the number of times our Lord Jesus told us to forgive trespass. These years are counted from the beginning, from when Israel was to enter the Land. Regardless Israel's compliance and counting, our Father keeps a precise, exact, count. He follows His own Law to the jot and tittle. There are many numerical nuances to the Law, and Prophets, regarding time, too many to make a statement as to when Israel will be brought into compliance with accuracy. To count any one sign of our times as singly significant is to miss many other signs in the counting methodology of the Law, I believe. At this point it seems a 'best guess' as to the Next Jubilee cycle, would begin 2024/25, which is the 70th Jubilee from when Israel was to enter the land. By our way of counting, which is likely not accurate, best guess narrowing it down to season only. All the numbers of years in the Law and Prophets, their cycles, must come together at one point in time, with Glorious precision, by our Fathers count, at which time the Lord will say, 'times up'.

God Bless

David

ETA : The 2024/25 time period might also begin a 40 year period, another significant number. Lord knows.
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri May 16, 2014 11:10 am

Thank you, Keeping Alert. The link did work and I am reading through that thread.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Return to Bible Study Q & A