Need Your Continued Prayers (Possible Leadership Position)

Re: Need Your Continued Prayers (Possible Leadership Position)

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:19 pm

I have to say, I am so excited about the fact that this thread demonstrates the Lord moving in real time. As I was writing about how the Lord may have wanted to use Vince to show the church a cold heart, he was writing that the Lord had given him a task at the church, and it had been done, and he was finished with his work there.....then, someone at the church demonstrated, in writing, the very task Vince had completed, which was to point out their flaws.

The end result will be that this church (with lots of bumps) will grow in this area, and the Lord did use Vince to show them where they needed to grow. All glory be to the Lord, for He was working in ways none of us knew at the beginning of this thread, but now we see how His Hand was moving. This will bring glory to the Lord, as it should...and yet, for those of us who doubt the Lord is so intimate with us...let this thread stand as it is and let the facts marinate in your heart and encourage you....God is not only real, He's very personal with us.

Praise God! :a3: :bowing:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby drdos on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:50 am

GodsStudent wrote:I have to say, I am so excited about the fact that this thread demonstrates the Lord moving in real time. As I was writing about how the Lord may have wanted to use Vince to show the church a cold heart, he was writing that the Lord had given him a task at the church, and it had been done, and he was finished with his work there.....then, someone at the church demonstrated, in writing, the very task Vince had completed, which was to point out their flaws.

The end result will be that this church (with lots of bumps) will grow in this area, and the Lord did use Vince to show them where they needed to grow. All glory be to the Lord, for He was working in ways none of us knew at the beginning of this thread, but now we see how His Hand was moving. This will bring glory to the Lord, as it should...and yet, for those of us who doubt the Lord is so intimate with us...let this thread stand as it is and let the facts marinate in your heart and encourage you....God is not only real, He's very personal with us.

Praise God! :a3: :bowing:
Praise the Lord! Thanks Sis.
drdos

Postby drdos on Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:28 am

OK so the saga continues. The Youth Pastor e-mailed me last week, because he wanted to meet and to talk about what happened. We met and since he is new to the church 1 1/2 yrs there he could understand what had happened to me since he went through the same process with the same search committee head. I had a really good meeting with him and what I found out is that his wife is on the search committee. When I told him that the committee chair was only giving me bad comments from the congregation he laughed. His wife listed all the comments that came from the congregation. He said 4 were negative and 10+ were all positive comments. He told me that the church loved my leading which was confirmation to me that I didn't hallucinate 20 people thanking me after the service.. :mrgreen: He also said that he was sent by the elders to ask if I would reconsider pulling out of the process. I spoke with my wife and prayed about it and decided to continue. So I am now scheduled to lead worship again on March 16th. Please continue to pray for me. Love You Guys!
drdos

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:44 pm

:mrgreen: I love it. Jumping into the prayer closet right now!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:56 pm

:praying:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby sacredcowbasher on Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:58 pm

Awesome drdos, thanks for keeping us in the loop.

:whistle: Couldn't find one playing the guitar :mrgreen:
sacredcowbasher

Postby drdos on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:09 pm

You guys are Awesome! Blessings.
drdos

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:38 am

Dearest Yeshua,

I pray that the musical sermon touches hearts for You. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:34 pm

Thanks for the reminder S.S. I wanted to pray about that.
:thankyou:
sacredcowbasher

Postby drdos on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:52 am

I've got praise team practice tonight, and then the service this Sunday. Need your prayers. Bless you guys!
drdos

Postby sacredcowbasher on Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:10 am

Hi drdos,

I was thinking about when I was recently with a praise team at a local church here. I was the 'wing man' to the leader of the praise team. I played rhythm guitar and sang. When we were on the same page things went pretty well musically. He played bass guitar.

We usually practiced on Sunday morning for about 45 minutes before the men's and women's bible studies. In the beginning of the team playing together, it wasn't all kum ba ya ( or however you spell that ). I had to deal with envy on my part because of how talented my brother was. Other issues had to be overcome as well.

If anyone has experienced working with others in the ministry they know it is not always bliss. For instance, practicing is work. It is getting to know and be comfortable with the songs. If you play an instrument and sing it is more work than if you just sing. Leading everyone is not an easy job, it does take the anointing of the Lord and being called.

I have been taught that music is the second most powerful force in the ministry, with preaching being number one.

I pray that God will begin to show you even during the practice that this is where He wants you. Bless dodos Lord in his calling and confirm your hand upon him. Do this whether you want him to worship in this particular church or not, and we give you the glory and the praise. In Jesus name, amen.
sacredcowbasher

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:40 am

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:25 pm

:bump:

So what ya think drdos? Curious about what you think and how things went Sunday.
sacredcowbasher

Postby drdos on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:01 am

sacredcowbasher wrote::bump:

So what ya think drdos? Curious about what you think and how things went Sunday.
Things could not have gone better cept for Jesus to have returned during the service. Now that would have been AWESOME! The Dir of the search team had to say that there were nothing but good comments that he was getting. Here's the rub in a way. I was supposed to be done with the audition phase of this process(Lead 2 Sunday Worship services). Well I get an e-mail from the search committee wanting me to lead worship one more Sunday so that they can allow the congregation more opportunity to see my leading and so that then they (the search committee) can recommend me to the elders(and then they can grill me during a question answer session). This is a part-time position and I already feel worn out.. Anyway please keep me in your prayers. I am leading again this Sunday and hope to know more shortly after God Willing! :mrgreen:
Sacredcowbasher just wanted to let you know that God did answer your pray. I did feel a sense of peace and at home during the praise team Thurs practice. The only way I could describe it is an Act Of God. I am so excited to have read your prayer request, and then to experience God's answer! Praise the Lord! :angel:
drdos

Postby sacredcowbasher on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:03 pm

That prayer was God dodos - I remember feeling the Spirit moving when I wrote that.

I am glad things went great Sunday. How well does the church enter in to praise and worship? Do they clap, raise hands, etc.?

On the search comm wanting to do another Sunday; they may want to see you lead two weeks in a row to get a picture of how it may be. That's my guess, I really don't know.

I don't have to tell you this, but be honest during the question and answer phase, be yourself. If a church can't accept you being you, you don't want to be there. Besides, its easy being yourself.

I am sorry this process became long and maybe a bit cumbersome in ways. You may be feeling the effects of Satan fighting to prevent you from being where God wants you to be, or, you may be feeling tired for other reasons.

I will be praying about this week. Do you have practice tomorrow night (Wed)? I'm thinking if you feel at home again, that would have to be a big contributing factor in what God may be telling you.

Stay busy and have fun - like Orangemailman always says.
sacredcowbasher

Postby drdos on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:20 am

sacredcowbasher wrote:That prayer was God dodos - I remember feeling the Spirit moving when I wrote that.

I am glad things went great Sunday. How well does the church enter in to praise and worship? Do they clap, raise hands, etc.?

On the search comm wanting to do another Sunday; they may want to see you lead two weeks in a row to get a picture of how it may be. That's my guess, I really don't know.

I don't have to tell you this, but be honest during the question and answer phase, be yourself. If a church can't accept you being you, you don't want to be there. Besides, its easy being yourself.

I am sorry this process became long and maybe a bit cumbersome in ways. You may be feeling the effects of Satan fighting to prevent you from being where God wants you to be, or, you may be feeling tired for other reasons.

I will be praying about this week. Do you have practice tomorrow night (Wed)? I'm thinking if you feel at home again, that would have to be a big contributing factor in what God may be telling you.

Stay busy and have fun - like Orangemailman always says.
I Really appreciate your prayers! It is an awesome feeling of knowing you are being prayed for! :blessyou: Yes the congregation does clap and some raise their hands during worship which is really encouraging. We have a practice this Thurs night. I think all the stress of my fulltime job, along with this new adventure at the church, and running my girls to Volleyball practice 4 times a week has been wearing me out. :eek:
drdos

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:30 am

drdos.....loved reading your two posts on how things went this past Sunday and how stretched out you are (and that you'de like to get paid for your work sooner than later....shees!).....but it seems to me they will likely be taking you for this job...you are practically there already.....

One thing you could do is ask to be paid for your time and energy (having worked for them 3 Sundays now)....to continue in the interview process. I think (and this is me) that you've done enough for the interview and each time you prepare for them, you are working....I mean, they could have offered to pay you to continue the "interview" process....maybe you could discuss these "business elements" of their process with them, and probably, paying you for continued interview "work" wouldn't be a big deal to them...I don't know, but you could consider it.

Oh, and the practice 4 times a week and all the other stuff...boy, do I know about that. I am in a perpetual state of worn out...and a good nights rest just doesn't seem to resolve anything for me anymore, because when I wake up....I head straight for my "running shoes."
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby drdos on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:45 am

GodsStudent wrote:drdos.....loved reading your two posts on how things went this past Sunday and how stretched out you are (and that you'de like to get paid for your work sooner than later....shees!).....but it seems to me they will likely be taking you for this job...you are practically there already.....

One thing you could do is ask to be paid for your time and energy (having worked for them 3 Sundays now)....to continue in the interview process. I think (and this is me) that you've done enough for the interview and each time you prepare for them, you are working....I mean, they could have offered to pay you to continue the "interview" process....maybe you could discuss these "business elements" of their process with them, and probably, paying you for continued interview "work" wouldn't be a big deal to them...I don't know, but you could consider it.

Oh, and the practice 4 times a week and all the other stuff...boy, do I know about that. I am in a perpetual state of worn out...and a good nights rest just doesn't seem to resolve anything for me anymore, because when I wake up....I head straight for my "running shoes."

Sis thanks for always understanding and knowing what I'm going through. I hope the church picks me, but if not I know God really didn't want me there. :blessyou: It would be great to get compensated for the audition process and leading since my wife's been out of work since Nov, but I know God will bless us, and if I am picked I may bring it up.
drdos

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:24 am

I feel like you are going to be picked...and not so much is this a flesh thing, if you know what I mean. :wink: In my spirit, I already understand why you are the right man for this job on so many levels, and to them, it is feeling right for a reason.

All that aside, it is, in my estimation, fair for you to require, as a part of accepting the position, some form of compensation for at least some of the work you did to lead up to the moment they knew you were right for the position. It's fair, drdos...you did have to "work" and at your level of expertise, it should not be considered an "internship."

There we go....my self employed business mind at work. I've been self employed 22 years now, and believe me....I have learned not to do everything for free....it eats up my time that I could be earning a living, if you know what I mean (again). hehe
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby drdos on Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:33 am

GodsStudent wrote:I feel like you are going to be picked...and not so much is this a flesh thing, if you know what I mean. :wink: In my spirit, I already understand why you are the right man for this job on so many levels, and to them, it is feeling right for a reason.

All that aside, it is, in my estimation, fair for you to require, as a part of accepting the position, some form of compensation for at least some of the work you did to lead up to the moment they knew you were right for the position. It's fair, drdos...you did have to "work" and at your level of expertise, it should not be considered an "internship."

There we go....my self employed business mind at work. I've been self employed 22 years now, and believe me....I have learned not to do everything for free....it eats up my time that I could be earning a living, if you know what I mean (again). hehe
:mrgreen: Yep you are right on...
drdos

Postby drdos on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:47 am

Well the service went well yesterday. I was told by the Search committee leader that the next step is for the search committee to meet and then either make a recommendation to the elders or not. I was told by one of the search team members that they all want me in the position, but that is just one person, and I'm not holding my breath. If God wants me there I will be there if not, although I will be sad, I know it is the Lord's will. Blessings, and thank you all for your prayers..
drdos

Postby sacredcowbasher on Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:32 pm

If it is His will, you will be a blessing to them. You are a blessing to us as well drdos.
Last edited by sacredcowbasher on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sacredcowbasher

Postby drdos on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:56 am

sacredcowbasher wrote:If it is His will, you will be a blessing to them. You are a blessing to us as well dodos.
Thanks for all the encouragement. Blessings! :mrgreen:
drdos

Postby sacredcowbasher on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:41 pm

Continuing to pray drdos. :praying:
sacredcowbasher

Postby drdos on Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:34 am

I supposed to hear something from someone soon. :roll: I have waited almost 2 weeks to hear anything, but I believe they will be or are pursuing someone else. Anyway here's my conversation with the Youth Leader. Thanks for your prayers.

Hey Vince - I asked today that someone let you know where they are with you, so you should hear something soon. Keep me posted - please know that I loved having you lead worship for us and am for you!

Totally sent from my phone....

On Apr 2, 2014, at 7:00 PM, vcacciato@aol.com wrote:

Thanks Brother.

-----Original Message-----
To: vcacciato <vcacciato@aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Apr 2, 2014 5:55 pm
Subject: Re: Still Haven't Heard Anything

I'm bummed you haven't heard anything yet either :(
I've been out of town...
I know the elders are meeting tonite - I will try to find out something my friend
I've got student ministry tonite so I won't know anything until tomorrow for sure
PRAY!

Totally sent from my phone....

On Apr 2, 2014, at 5:14 PM, vcacciato@aol.com wrote:

Hey Brother, I'm starting to get a little discouraged. I haven't heard anything from anyone, and I'm not really able to tell the Worship Leader at Plum Creek when and if I am available to play on the PC praise team. I thought I would have heard something by now from Mac or the Pastor. If the church is looking for someone else I would like to know, so I can move on. Also, If you think I should e-mail the Pastor just let me know. Thanks Brother.
drdos

Postby sacredcowbasher on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:09 pm

Hey drdos (Vince),
Thanks for updating us.
The last message you got sounds promising. That they are taking long is no doubt because they have a committee. But whether it is yay or nay, it is in God's hands.
sacredcowbasher

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:52 am

Wow, I am surprised. Early on it was discernable that you have elements to your character and faith that would be so enriching for this body of Christians.....so I "saw" that your contributions would be appreciated and beneficial. That said, this is truly about what the Lord desires, and if you are not chosen for this position, it must be well, as in all things we give praise and thanks, Vince (I know you know that, brother...just sayin' it for it is true to the discussion).

If you aren't chosen, then it has to be about what is best for you and your family.....because I know you pray that the Lord leads your steps. This "trial" is hard, I know....they almost always are....but we will keep praying about this and especially that if the Lord does not open this door (financially) for you, He will open another, and very soon.

All this said....I still anticipate you getting this job....and I really hope it works out, because from what you've said here on this thread, I really believe you have things to offer this church beyond just your musical ministry...and I sincerely believe that!...but it's what we can't see that the Lord may be seeing that I always think about....like, is it best for your wife and kids????......I don't know.....what I see is not what the Lord see's....so we trust and put our faith in God and we KNOW when we do, we can be assured that it will all work out for the best.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby drdos on Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:10 am

Thanks for lifting me up. I am giving it till Thurs before a I send an e-mail to the church telling them that I am moving on. I think you hit right on it Sis we don't see what the Lord sees behind the scenes. I really think my appointment would have ruffled the important feathers in the church, and the Pastor/some of the other leadership don't want to see that happen and have people leave the church. It stinks that that is usually the case with any change in the church, but oh so true. I am so disappointed and hurt right now, but I have to believe God used me for His purpose in this. I will let you know after I send my letter to the church, and when I get a response. Blessings.
drdos

Postby sacredcowbasher on Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi Vince,

If it is true that certain people in the church have a lot of pull (which I have found to be the case pretty often), they still should be deciding on what to do with prayer and with what Jesus wants. Many churches today don't do what Jesus wants to do. I think sometimes when we are a lot like Jesus, it makes some church folks uncomfortable because they know they can't control us. We may not become exactly like them, or one of them.

I think this is why God spoke to me about leaving where we were fellowshipping. I was about to become one of them, and God said, 'No, I have other plans for you'. I was beginning to break down a bit and losing some hope of seeing God move, and I was about to settle down and just fit in. I'm glad God moved us out.

I would feel hurt as well Vince, if I was going through that. It can't be helped. Jost don't let Satan mess with you concerning it. It is natural when we put our heart and soul into something like this, becoming a bit vulnerable in the process, and not feel rejected, at least to a degree.

With the shape the church is in today, I don't have confidence that they are doing God's will. Having said that, no matter what they decided, it is God's will. It's God's will because you only want to be where He wants you to be. God knew beforehand what was going to happen before your first engagement.

You can take away good things from your experiences there. They will come more into view after this is over and they speak to you or you speak to them. I will be praying that you are sensitive to the Holy Spirit if you must be the one to break the silence, and even if you are not.
sacredcowbasher

Postby drdos on Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:17 am

sacredcowbasher wrote:Hi Vince,

If it is true that certain people in the church have a lot of pull (which I have found to be the case pretty often), they still should be deciding on what to do with prayer and with what Jesus wants. Many churches today don't do what Jesus wants to do. I think sometimes when we are a lot like Jesus, it makes some church folks uncomfortable because they know they can't control us. We may not become exactly like them, or one of them.

I think this is why God spoke to me about leaving where we were fellowshipping. I was about to become one of them, and God said, 'No, I have other plans for you'. I was beginning to break down a bit and losing some hope of seeing God move, and I was about to settle down and just fit in. I'm glad God moved us out.

I would feel hurt as well Vince, if I was going through that. It can't be helped. Jost don't let Satan mess with you concerning it. It is natural when we put our heart and soul into something like this, becoming a bit vulnerable in the process, and not feel rejected, at least to a degree.

With the shape the church is in today, I don't have confidence that they are doing God's will. Having said that, no matter what they decided, it is God's will. It's God's will because you only want to be where He wants you to be. God knew beforehand what was going to happen before your first engagement.

You can take away good things from your experiences there. They will come more into view after this is over and they speak to you or you speak to them. I will be praying that you are sensitive to the Holy Spirit if you must be the one to break the silence, and even if you are not.

Bless you SCB! Thank you for your insight, and comforting words! Well, I got the Dear John letter in the mail yesterday. It said that they were not proceeding with my candidacy for the Worship Directors position. They said that I was very talented, but that while in consultation with the elders they have decided this. Yes I am hurt, but I also thank God for directing my path. I could have left and not taken the hard path in this process. I told the Youth Pastor(The only person that actually communicated with me and actively prayed for me and my family) that I would have loved being the Worship Director for Grace because I had come to love the people in the church, but that I was OK with the decision the church had made.
I want to thank you all, My Family in Christ, for your steadfast prayers and comforting words through this whole process. Bless You guys! I Love You All! :angel:
drdos

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:34 am

When I read your post just now I recalled how earlier in our conversations here, there was some issue with some of these people early on in the services you worked. While the church members loved your work, there seemed to be some who were resistent to change, such as in the selections you chose to do.

It seems they want to stick with the older traditions and not move into the 21st century, which is, imo, a matter of taste or opinion, and not at all a reflection of how they saw your work.

What do you think? Does this thought "fit" what youre thinking, Vince?

I am continuing to keep your needs lifted up to the Lord in prayer.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby drdos on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:33 am

GodsStudent wrote:When I read your post just now I recalled how earlier in our conversations here, there was some issue with some of these people early on in the services you worked. While the church members loved your work, there seemed to be some who were resistent to change, such as in the selections you chose to do.

It seems they want to stick with the older traditions and not move into the 21st century, which is, imo, a matter of taste or opinion, and not at all a reflection of how they saw your work.

What do you think? Does this thought "fit" what youre thinking, Vince?

I am continuing to keep your needs lifted up to the Lord in prayer.
Sis you are right on. I believe there are a handful of very influential people that do not want change/contemporary worship at any cost. Like I said in the past I was told that there were No good comments to be had after the first service I led, but come to find out that was not the case. I found this out after I met with the youth leader that that was not true. His wife was on the search committee. She said there where 17 positive comments and 3 negative. After all that the 2 services I led got tons of positive reply even from at least 4 of the elders... All this to say that they were probably worried about a split to the church if they hired me.. Today, my wife told me that she had called the Youth Leader yesterday, and he just said he was really disappointed, and that there was no one that the church had even selected in my stead. I pray that God would let the Holy Spirit have his way in this church...
drdos

Postby sacredcowbasher on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:50 pm

Hey Vince,

:yourock:

Not speaking purely of music here of course :cheeky:
sacredcowbasher

Postby drdos on Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:00 pm

sacredcowbasher wrote:Hey Vince,

:yourock:

Not speaking purely of music here of course :cheeky:
:blessyou:
drdos

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:25 pm

:( nothing like one foot in, one out....to just make a mess of everything!
:praying: for you to find the right position to fulfill your heart's desire to serve and to also put some cash in your pockets to assist you with caring for your family, Vince.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby drdos on Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:49 pm

:a3: Thanks Sis!
drdos

Previous

Return to Prayer Requests