Gabby needs prayer

Gabby needs prayer

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:51 am

My daughter injured her right ankle at school in gym playing basketball last Thursday. We had xray on Thurs and ankle wasn't broken, but swelling severe so doc sent us to Ortho doc. We saw him today and he said ligaments and tendons are torn, and possibly a bone above the ankle is broken. It is so swollen right now that we cannot get an MRI to see everything going on in it (her foot is so swollen I don't think it could swell any bigger, and doc is concerned about swelling cutting off blood supply). She is in a cast for 10 days and to elevate as much as possible so we can get the swelling down to do MRI.

Please pray for Gabrielle's situation, that the Lord will heal all that is injured in the ankle and that she can fully recover without surgery. Please pray the Lord will help Gabrielle remember to take care of her ankle area as she is a child and doesn't really grasp the seriousness of her situation.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Re: Gabby needs prayer

Postby burien1 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:10 pm

:praying:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:01 am

Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jericho on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:56 am

Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:57 am

:cry: Will I make it through raising a teenager? The doctors office gave her crutches and a cast and a walking boot. They told her to put partial weight on the limb by setting the crutches down when she steps on this foot. I caught her several times foregoing the crutches yesterday (pain pills probably helped with this). I said something to her about it (if she has partial ligament tears they can be full tears by the time we see the doc again if she puts her whole weight on the limb)....she turned into a rebellious teenager and refuses to use the crutches because "they're hard." Also, she sleeps on the same side as the injured limb, she "cant elevate it" while she sleeps because it keeps her up.....

:cry: sign me "frustrated mom." This is why I asked for prayer for her attitude, too. Who even knows how bad the injury is, but the doc did say at least two torn ligaments and one torn tendon upon manual evaluation, and without MRI. Her toes are more than double their normal size and the ankle looks like there's a cantaloupe in there....

Also, financially, it will be difficult for me to do another hospital visit since she just had that week stay last September and I haven't put a dent in all those bills (though I am paying on all of them every month). When I mentioned this to my daughter and asked her to be mindful of doing all she could to avoid a surgery she got insulted and said "It's not my fault my ankle got hurt or that I had to have surgery last year!" Well...true, I said, but it is you who is not doing what the dr. said, and/or all you can to minimize the potential for further damage....then, she promptly punished me for the rest of the evening by dragging her crutches along, but not actually using them properly.

:dramaqueen: am I going to make it???? sigh.....
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:44 pm

Sis, I am praying for wisdom for you (everyone needs that when dealing with a teenager) as well as patience. I am keeping you and Gabrielle (there you go, you are not alone calling her that now, haha) in my prayers always.
Deuteronomy 4:30-31
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby drdos on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:04 am

drdos

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:43 pm

GS,
I am praying all will go well at the docs on monday, that Gabrielle will have good news and that it wont be as bad as first expected. Please keep us updated so we know what to pray for. I pray for her quick and total recovery, that there is no permanent damage and that she wont need surgery. I also pray for your patience, wisdom and humor to get through the many challenges you are facing. No one but God can make the mountains we face turn into molehills, and I pray He will lead you through all this and help you to grow stronger in faith in Him.
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:37 am

Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:17 pm

GS,
Any updates after the doc visit today? I know you had a very busy day, I have been praying for you, for all the challenges you are facing right now. I am hoping and praying that Gabrielle will be up and running again in no time.
love you lots Sis,

Patrick

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:27 pm

Yes, we did get an update today. Sorry I didn't think to post.

Gabrielle has torn two ligaments on the side of her ankle, no fractured bones. This is not great news, but it is better than IF we had gotten the news that the ligament on the back of her ankle had been torn as that is the one that absolutely requires surgery.

For now, it looks like she can heal without surgery. She has a walking boot for 6 weeks and we return to the ortho again. On that visit, if things look well, then she will start physical therapy, we believe.

Please pray that the two ligaments in Gabrielle's ankle mend properly and fully.

Patrick, thanks for being such a great friend and brother!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Woohoo!! That is not great news, but it could be worse. I will continue praying for those ligaments, for her to be more careful, her stubborness and for your sanity. Dont worry Lisa I'm sure you will get more good news in 6 weeks. Let's just pray y'all through this and trust in Him. ( did that y'all make it sound like i was actually your brother? haha) Its the mississippi in me from my youth, I spent a few years there outside Hattiesburg.
You know I am always available for you, just give me a call or email or mssg by carrier pigeon, I will always try to help.
Thanks for the update, I have been worried about all of you.

Patrick

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:55 pm

That ya'll isn't as "unusual" to me as you might think. As a full time resident of South Carolina, I hear it, on average, about 100 times a day, and I might say it as many times myself on any given day. I can spruce up and sound intelligent anytime I like, but when ya'll take to me in my native language, it settles me down and helps me feel at home! Mississippi...what a beautiful state that is. I went once as a teenager when I was singing in a band. I wanted to vacation there, but alas, I had to jump on a stage and entertain the party goers at a country club. Those WEREN'T THE DAYS....these are. I am so happy to have found Christ and my home with His Children...like you, Brother Patrick...from a different mother, yes....but isn't Our Father great??? :grin:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:32 pm

oh i'm sure you hear y'all all the time, but it sure felt strange for me to say it up here in Oregon.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:10 am

:mrgreen: yep. :mrgreen:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:04 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Please heal Gabby's ligaments. I pray she behaves and follows the advice of her Mom and the MD's. Thank You Lord. Amen.

On a side note GS,
My son also has a BB injury he just acquired! With him it's a broken fibula. Nice clean break and the bone's are still aligned so no surgery. I busted him running in his boot across the yard yesterday!!! He was chasing his little bro with an air soft gun. Boys!!!!!!!
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:22 pm

On a side note GS,
My son also has a BB injury he just acquired! With him it's a broken fibula. Nice clean break and the bone's are still aligned so no surgery. I busted him running in his boot across the yard yesterday!!! He was chasing his little bro with an air soft gun. Boys!!!!!!!

....and girls !!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:43 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Please continue to heal Gabby. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:39 am

Lord, please control her pain and continue to help her control herself while her ligaments heal. She reports often that her foot and ankle are burning...please let that be a sign that mending is going on. :mrgreen: Thank you, Lord, in Jesus Name I pray. Amen.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:28 am

At my count which could be off, its been almost 6 weeks, when does Gabby go back to the doc? Please update when you can GS, still praying for her healing.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:20 am

:( We returned to the doc Monday and got an MRI yesterday. It's not healed or healing as it should so the doc thinks there is more going on. We see doc again next Monday to learn the results of the MRI and determine our course from here.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:44 am

Im so sorry to hear that sis, I will continue to pray for her and for you and for all we talked about yesterday. I love you like my own sister, if i had one lol.
keep us updated, and if you need anything, I am here for you, call me anytime.

Patrick

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:57 am

Have not followed up on what we talked about yesterday (well, actually, it's now 2 yesterdays).....but that is my plan to do next week when I get some time to deal with that.

My daughter's dr. appt to go over MRI results is Monday morning. I was upset a little yesterday when we weren't thinking or talking about her foot, she was just walking without the boot, and she had her foot turned out and was "babying" it.....I know something is still wrong in there. I really hope we are going to hear that the 2 torn ligaments is still all we've got going on, and they are just taking a long time to heal.....but I do have my concerns.....sigh.

I am literally paying, right now, for 2 surgeries for me, 1 for my husband and 2 for my daughter. In addition, she has all these eye appts. going on as things are going on with her eyes, too....so we actually have 2 appts for her Monday...one at ortho and one at eye doc...the 3rd eye doc appt in two weeks.....

The medical bills are up to the roof....I sure hope we aren't going to add another surgery and rehab to all that we've already got. :(

She wants braces and it has been difficult to tell her that I just can't do that in light of all the other medical bills we are dealing with right now. I think she understands, but in some ways, I know she doesn't. All her friends are getting their braces and yet, I've told her, this is something she may have to do in a few years, as they cost about $6000, and I just don't have it. :(
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:21 pm

I will be praying as well GS
sacredcowbasher

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:41 am

adding my prayers- let us know how it goes.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Spreading Salt on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:56 am

Thank You Yeshua for guiding her care and providing for healing and finances. Help the doctor's do what is best. Encourage her mom and knit these bodies back to health sooner rather than later. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:21 pm

:banana: We (sort of) dodged a bullet! THANK YOU LORD !!!!

The MRI showed the two torn ligaments and nothing more. Doc said she needs to get into a splint (she did) and in about 2 weeks, she needs to go get physical therapy to strengthen this thing and assist it in it's healing. NO surgeries!!! Whoou hoouw!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby burien1 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:36 pm

:bowing: :praise:

Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby sacredcowbasher on Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:14 pm

:praise: Great news

So thats how you spell Whoou hoouw! I'm writing that down
sacredcowbasher

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:21 am

:lol: :mrgreen: I took a stab in the dark, write it in pencil.....lol
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:12 am

Thank You Yeshua!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:31 am

sacredcowbasher wrote::praise: Great news

So thats how you spell Whoou hoouw! I'm writing that down

Umm, thats the southern version of WooHoo!! haha,

Im so glad you got some good new sis, its about time. I have been praying for you and Gabrielle so much the past few weeks.
Im very happy that things seem to be turning a corner in your life. I will keep praying that the big ol' burden we talked about will get resolved, I hope that it will, then life might seem a little easier. Gimme a call, im off sat-tues this week, although i still keep weird hours you know when to catch me. love u lots, stay strong and pray hard.

Patrick

LONGINGFORHOME

Return to Prayer Requests