Please keep GodsStudent in your prayers.I think the storm is

Please keep GodsStudent in your prayers.I think the storm is

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:32 pm

I think she has lost power or internet in the storm, she hasnt contacted me which is very unusual for her. She always contacts me when she says she will as soon as she can, i havent heard from her all day, Im worried about her.
GS, when you read this please let us know how you are doing, Im at work tonight but I will be checking constantly for your updates.
Deuteronomy 4:30-31
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Re: Please keep GodsStudent in your prayers.I think the storm is

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:51 pm

:praying:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:30 pm

Im pretty sure she lost power now, pray that she will have some way to keep warm, I called her this morning after work and left a message. Its terrible to lose power in a winter storm.
Deuteronomy 4:30-31
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby extravagantchristian on Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:10 am

Praying
Matthew 1:22
So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophets
extravagantchristian

Postby GodsStudent on Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:41 pm

:grin: You all are SO SWEET! Yes...we did lose power and had to go on to be with the family to keep warm :mrgreen: Yesterday we did the family at the funeral home thing and today we had my grandmother's funeral and burial service. What a beautiful service....BEAUTIFUL....it felt so wonderful to hear the scriptures and songs my grandmother had picked out for her service and I was just so overjoyed in the midst of all my grief that every single word spoken, and song sung, was perfect in every way....scriptures....just everything brought me so much peace and joy and the focus kept going to Christ.....in this day and time, it is so overjoying that a service is so Christ centered!!! That....and it helped keep my grief in check, because while I won't see her again in this life, I have to keep my focus....all is not lost....death has no sting for the Christian, and I will see her again!!!

I've never lost someone I was as close to as I was my grandmother. She was a constant in my life. She actually pre did the arrangements and much to my surprise, her instructions were to speak her love specific to me after her death, so our close relationship was printed in the obituary and mentioned in the service. What a sweet lady...and my family was all so good to each other....every one.....made my heart sing with utter joy that there was so much genuine love and care between all of us. I am just fine...the storm has passed...and my grandmother is with Jesus....now all I need is a glass of cold milk and some warm chocolate chip cookies and I am set to get a good nights rest!

Thank you again for your love and concern, FP Family. :hugs:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Return to Prayer Requests