Asking for Prayer

Asking for Prayer

Postby Sunny on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:54 am

I am in the uncomfortable position of needing to ask for prayer for financial blessings.

The back door of our house is barely hanging in there and must be replaced. I need for the Lord to help me buy a door and send someone to help me install it. Bathroom repairs are also critical. My husband cannot help.

I also just had oral surgery and need a root canal and another crown.

I know that God will provide all of my needs according to His riches in glory. Just wanted to ask you to join me in prayer and praise that these needs be met.

Thanks. :)
Sunny

Re: Asking for Prayer

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:56 am

Sunny,
I am so sorry to hear of your situation. I will certainly be praying for you. Please email my yahoo with your hometown I will find a contractor to put a back door on for you( or we can make other arrangements). When will you need the dental work? I will start putting aside money to help you with that.

You have been such a blessing to our friends in the Philippines, I want to help you in any way that i can.

Patrick
Deuteronomy 4:30-31
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby Sunny on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:01 am

Patrick, bless your heart, but I can't allow you to do that.

I can charge the door and installation. My neighbor is a contractor. And I will charge the dental bills.

I am just feeling discouraged right now at having to pile up so much debt when I know it will be a struggle to pay it back.

I guess the real prayer request is that God turn my attitude around!!!

And if worst comes to worst, I can sell my camper. That's what I'm really sad about! Maybe He just wants me to become willing to do it! :)
Sunny

Postby burien1 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:33 am

:praying: for your needs to be met, Sunny.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Sunny on Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Thanks, Burien. :a3:
Sunny

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:25 pm

:praying:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby drdos on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:57 am

drdos

Postby RaptureReady on Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:13 pm

Where God's finger points, there God's hand will make the way. When you put your hand in God's hand, you will never walk alone
RaptureReady

Postby Sunny on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:01 pm

I have watched enough how to install a door videos on Youtube that I think I will be able to do it myself.

That is how I learn most of the maintenance stuff I do. What an awesome blessing it is!
Sunny

Postby burien1 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:49 pm

Sunny wrote:I have watched enough how to install a door videos on Youtube that I think I will be able to do it myself.

That is how I learn most of the maintenance stuff I do. What an awesome blessing it is!

That is great ! You would be surprised how much I have learned to do myself from watching videos online.My sister too. She does all the plumbing jobs at Mom's, and even redid all the counter tops in the kitchen and bathroom.
I had no choice but to learn how to do for myself.. The only thing I can't fix is my furnace and my old gas stove. I have been watching for a good used stove, but most people have the company cart them away now when they install new ones. Been using a hot plate and a very small convection oven, but it sure beats nothing. I'm praying I'll get one sometime this year. Women are far more self sufficient than most people realize, when they have to be.But it is better to have a man to depend on for all that stuff if you can. But with God's help . . . . :wink:

P.s. My sis and I had our mom as an example. She built her own China cabinets, bookcases, fake fireplace, knick knac shelves, etc.We knew we would never get by with saying we could not do something, ourselves.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Sunny on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:03 am

Burien, it is so good to hear from someone else who has been able to learn how to do all those projects because we had to. I have really complained to God about having to do everything. But, in retrospect, I am also very proud that I CAN do so many things now. Maybe that was God's plan all along. To make us strong.

I sure did like it better back when all that stuff was "men's work" and I didn't have to worry about it. :)

I will pray about your stove and furnace. :hugs:
Sunny

Postby Dusty on Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:07 am

Praying for our Father to supply all of your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Sending hugs too.
Dusty

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Some time ago, I asked a local high school if I could post a note on the bulletin asking for a "handy" person to do some odd jobs around that needed to be done, but not necessarily by a skilled professional. Then before I did that, a friend mentioned a boyfriend of her daughter who was looking for work to save money for a new truck. He did a lot of work around the outside of my house and did it very well!

Just a thought.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:45 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for Your provision in this situation. Thank You for teaching self-sufficiency. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Return to Prayer Requests