Radiation Levels Spiking Across America!

Latest prophecy related news.

Radiation Levels Spiking Across America!

Postby OneDay on Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:25 am

Conspiracy theory forums are now examining what appears to be radiation levels spiking across much of America with a thread titled Radiation readings skyrocketing across America. While another recent thread was called 28 Signs Pacific West Coast Fried with Radiation, much of these latest high RADCON 2, 3 & 4 readings appear to be centered upon middle America and parts of the East Coast as well, including a RADCON 5 Alert from one station in Kentucky. We’ve read that ‘Fukushima Death Plumes’ are now hitting Canada, have they arrived in America as well? Several videos below examine up-to-date Fukushima information and more below.
http://beforeitsnews.com/japan-earthqua ... 44364.html
Exalt the Lord our God and worship at His holy mountain, for the Lord our God is holy.
Psalm 99:9
http://www.acwitness.org/psalm83english.html
OneDay

Re: Radiation Levels Spiking Across America!

Postby rollinTHUNDER on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:29 am

I believe the power companies are responsible for this. They installed new smart meters on everyone's homes. They are also using these to spy on us as well. Some believe it causes cancer and other illnesses in addition to raising the radiation levels. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4KUdTeZCUI
If you are interested in the rapture and end-time Bible prophecy, my revolutionary book unveils new clues and goes deeper into the rapture issue, to the point of discussing the three different rewards for believers. PM me if you're interested in the link to my website or would like more information.
rollinTHUNDER

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:41 am

Be sure to watch this...it's not prognostication by everyday people, this woman is Dr Helen Caldicott, and just in case you want to know her credentials, here they are...

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/changingthefaceo ... hy_50.html

So, having established her competency to speak on the subject, here's a video she spoke of in 2011...and now in 2013, I'm sure you all know that we've got a mess on our hands, worldwide, where Fukeshima is concerned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ITrXVJMKeQ

And...did you all see the article on the 3 missing cores? As some may recall, they were going to take these rods out early November, and everyone is worried about it....but....some of the rods removed themselves, as the cores themselves are missing. I've seen this reported several places, here's one I just grabbed from google:

http://americablog.com/2013/10/fukushim ... harge.html
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:50 am

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/1954 ... l-response

even more information. This is a BIG DEAL!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Sunny on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:56 am

I've been following that, too. It's a real live horror story.

I'm still thinking this might be a fulfillment of the waters turning bitter and killing a whole bunch of people -- because I'm a hardhead and it makes sense in my hard-headed little mind! :lol:

But I'm also hoping I am very, very wrong... as usual!
Sunny

Postby GodsStudent on Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:35 am

I signed the petition. The 9 minute video here does a good job of explaining what they want and why and I completely agree with them. I dare say this petition should be circulating and the whole world should be involved and getting involved with this thing going on in Japan.

http://www.popularresistance.org/fukush ... al-threat/
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby bchandler on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:51 pm

Um, I've dealt with doctor caldecott's hysteria in previous posts. I'll take a look at what she is saying now and get back to people.

I also posted links to both public and private radiation monitoring networks before... Has anyone actually seen spikes outside of normal background levels?

Has anyone taken into account that we have been slammed with 28 massive solar flares in the last 30 days? 4 of them X class flares!
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:48 pm

Here is the latest info available from the IAEA on what is happening in Fukushima.

http://iaea.org/newscenter/news/2013/ja ... -full.html
I am not a god or a doctor, and nothing i say should be construed as medical advice or even as correct. I am merely a living soul who is exercising my unalienable rights, endowed upon me by my creator, and recognized in the Constitution for the united States of America, to freely speak about the things i believe. No other soul should grant my words any weight without first determining their credibility and/or accuracy for themselves.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Here is a repost of the last time I had to deal with dr Caldecott.

Helen Caldicott is a radical anti-nuclear activist. She is a believer that radiation is "Unsafe at Any Dose". She is very much a part of the NWO machinery and many of he claims are demonstrably false. If i were to believe what she believes, then being in a crowd with other people would be inherently unsafe. Eating bananas would be inherently unsafe. using concrete, brick, or stone in the construction of my home be inherently unsafe. Everything that releases c14 isotopes during the consumption of it's coal/oil based fuels should be banned. Etc, etc, adnauseum.

The so called million Chernobyl deaths are only if you count EVERY cancer death among people in the area as radiation induced, which is extremely dishonest. Because 30%+ of that population would have died of cancer anyway, and there is no way to distinguish it's cause as radiation.

To claim that Fukushima (at this stage) is worse than Chernobyl is an act of international terrorism and flat out LYING.

To say that this thing is spreading dangerous long term radioactive fallout all over the planet is a LIE.

Her claims that these GE reactors are inherently unsafe were based upon ORIGINAL designs. From what I have been able to ascertain GE had addressed every one of these engineers concerns and retrofit all equipment deployed within 5 years of their resignation from GE. So her claims regarding these reactors should reasonably be known to her to be false... making her either a liar, or willfully ignorant.

I have no love for our current nuclear energy industry or BWR/LWR plants. I believe they need to be replaced with something better. But I am not so naive as to believe that wind, and solar or other renewables can actually meet our planetary energy needs. It simply isn't possible, or practical. The only energy source capable of meeting our world's demand for energy is nuclear, fission or fusion. So rather then condemn all things nuclear, how about we recognize it as a YHWH given resource, and find SAFER ways to use that resource, and find ways to fully consume that resource rather than producing long term wastes that are themselves pollutants that we can not possibly store safely for as long as is needed.

So yes, nuclear energy needs to evolve, and change into something better. But to turn our back on this gift of YHWH and instead turn and consume our planet's plants, farmland, coal, oil, and gas without planning for replacements, while people starve due to farmland being used to produce energy is the most irresponsible bad husbandry i can think of.

Again...
  1. is it bad? yes... horrible.
  2. is it dangerous? yes, but only locally at the moment.
  3. Is it going to pollute the whole world with radiation? Hardly... at least not in it's current condition.
  4. is it going to radioactively pollute the local land? Not very likely. While there may be some soil contamination on nearby land, unless there is a serious containment breach and fire/explosion involving nuclear material, the really nasty heavy long lived isotopes won't tend to go very far from the plant. Prevailing winds will keep the bulk of any airborne radiation flowing out to sea.
  5. do we know how to help people protect themselves from internal radioisotope contamination? Yes, through proper supplementation with non-radioactive isotopes, we know that it is possible to vastly reduce the potential for uptake of radioisotopes in our food. We also know that healthy, bio-active soil has the ability to distinguish between things like strontium and calcium or plutonium and iron, and the plants grown in such soil will not uptake these radioactive minerals.
  6. should these older reactors be decommissioned? It is probably a good idea to at least start the process of planning for replacing these older 1st and 2nd generation power plants. There are at least 2 Gen 4 plant designs that are inherently safe, and self deactivating in the event of total coolant loss. There is at least 1 Gen 4 design that fully reacts all fissionable materials on site, and never requires fuel storage of long term radioactive wastes, and in fact would be safe enough to allow each person to be buried with their own lifetimes worth of nuclear waste safely encased in glass in a container about the size of a soda can.
  7. Will they get these plants to a cold shutdown state? Yes, i believe they will. especially once they get the heat exchangers functioning again, or get new ones installed.
  8. Is it still possible for them to make mistakes and make this problem a lot worse? Certainly.
  9. Is it responsible to terrorize everyone on the planet to promote your own agenda? No, hardly.
  10. Is it right to knowingly lie about the seriousness of the situation? No, hardly.
  11. Is it right to deliberately twist data to make it say what you want it to say? No, hardly.

So please, if you really believe that this thing is 300 times worse than Chernobyl, you should go and live underground in a fallout shelter, and use the precautions set forth in anti-radiation fallout procedures. But, I don't see her all decked out in a bunny suit, respirator, and rubber gear. The simple truth is that if any of these people actually believed anything that they were saying, they would be appearing for their public interviews wearing anti-radiation gear, and living their lives following anti-radiation fallout protocols... and they are not... which should be informative as to their real agenda. To prevent the world from becoming energy independent, because it would make it too hard for them (the NWO) to keep political power over people. Especially if nuclear tech were ever allowed to reach its logical conclusion... a safe, permanent home based power source for every house... thereby completely eliminating the need for a power grid, power companies, and conflicts over power.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:15 pm

And another...

Hellen Caldicott's agenda has for most of her life been to rage against the military industrial complex, and nuclear weapons. Of all of her books, only one sets out to make a case against nuclear power. But in reading part of her book, her case is made against the 70 year old technology of BWR/LWR systems, which I would agree... needs to be replaced.

IFR's are intended to be small, self contained, have self renewing fuel supplies and reprocessing, and fully react nuclear fuels leaving very small amounts of short duration wastes that can be safely contained and even buried with people (their lifetime share of actual nuclear waste) in their caskets.

Her claim that nuclear power contributes to global warming is specious at best and deliberately dishonest at worst. Her argument is based mainly upon the CO2 costs of getting fuel out of the ground.
  1. This CO2 debt isn't any higher than any other form of mining.
  2. We already have enough mined fuel and stored nuclear waste to provide our energy needs for the next 500 years.

If you look her up at all, you will see that her lifelong agenda has been a lifetime of fear over radiation. She has lived her life as an activist out of fear. This is not the spirit which we are of. Almost all of her books are teaching fear. This is not from YHWH. Her entire life has been built around spreading irrational FUD over radiation.

What is from YHWH is peace, and a self-disciplined mind. So again, i come back to my argument that what is needed in this situation is calm rational science thought, and actions based upon fully informed science fact. NOT FUD!
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:41 pm

http://www.nei.org/Search.aspx?searchte ... de=anyword

This link will give you everything the nei site has recently published about Fukushima and its lessons.

Once you get to the page sort the results from newest to oldest, and select a timeframe on the left of the screen.

Boatloads of rational information.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:15 pm

http://world-nuclear-news.org/results.a ... ent%202013

The above link will give you all the nuclear news on Fukushima for the last year.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:20 pm

Here is a repost of radiation monitoring networks so you can check levels for yourself.

Also... please... do not buy into the whole "government is hiding the real radiation figures" conspiracy nonsense.

There are many places you can look at radiation levels for yourself... On-line... and at least one of them is a citizen operated real-time network which has nothing to do with the government, and is not subject to government review.

Below are links to 3 different networks that you can look at for yourself.
The following statement is from the citizen operated RadiationNetwork site:
“Our Monitoring Stations have not yet registered a big, or even perceptibly significant ‘Gamma event’ from any radiation drifting over from Japan, so we can take a little solace in that,” said Tim Flanegin, who operates the site.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:48 pm

As far as I can see from the public network, there is no radiation spike that is above normal background levels.

Please keep in mind that a detection event can be triggerd by many things passing near the detector... A mineral sample, a person or pet undergoing medical treatment, a wrist wach with glow in the dark hands, a delivery truck containing medical samples, the edge of the jet stream passing over the area, a storm washing out particulates, releases of radon and tritium gases from industrial processes, etc...

But when you look at long term radiation trends, there is nothing going on that is above normal background levels.

So once again, all I see is people trying to instill fear and sensationalize events that have appropriate feedback and responses from the station operators, or explanations are simply ignored for purposes of being sensational.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Omg, I just started reading the blog that was linked to above... And what a buch of horse hooey!!!!!

In the event of a core meltdown that burned thought the containment vessels, the Boron impregnated concrete floor of the reactor rooms is designed to spread the liquified metal core in a thin wide layer spiraling outward... Thus eliminating any possibility of recriticallity, or burn through.

It is IMPOSSIBLE for these rods to result in a nuclear explosion as they are claiming. That is pure poppycock and they KNOW IT!!!

The stored fuel is indeed a concern, but the risks of recriticallity were remote immediately after the disaster, and these rods have years more cooling time on them now...

There is only 1 way I could see these things EVER becoming critical! And that would be for some event to cause the rods to all get piled up together, with no coolant, and no air gap between them.

This is the most irresponsible blogging I have ever seen. I won't even call it journalism.... Because there is zero truth in it, and anyone could take 5 minutes to fact check this story before they posted it and know it was not just wrong... But a bald faced lie.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:42 pm

I started reading the article the blog linked... And sure enough... It is propaganda put out by the most radical, rabid, anti-nuclear activists. Caldecott and Wasserman have been around the circuit before, and we had to deal with their irrational FUD tactics before with regards to Fukushima.

So, let's be honest...

Fukushima was horrible, the worst thing since Chernobyl.

It's gonna bankrupt TEPCO to clean this mess up.

And they simply must do something about reclaiming the contaminated water, as storing it is pure stupidity.

They must do something about getting all these fuel rods to a safer location. Which is their apparent current priority.

But missing cores... We don't know where they are... Atomic bomb style explosions... These are all bald faced lies to use fear to further their rabid anti-nuclear agenda.... And I honestly don't know how anyone in a position of power would ever take these 2 nuts seriously enough to give them the time of day.

The only thing I agree with them on is total media access and transparency. No more hiding ANYTHING!!!!!

Well, maybe one more thing... Get them more help!!!! Maybe even put the IAEA in charge of the cleanup plans. Hire as many engineers.... Nuclear or otherwise to get this stuff dealt with ASAP.

If nothing else... How about encasing the whole darned site in boron impregnated concrete.

Btw... It doesn't sound like leaking water, it sounds like uncontained run off from cooling attempts. Which IMO is just criminally negligent of TEPCO to not have either addressed or asked for international assistance at some point in the last 2 years.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:09 pm

Even the king of conspiracy theorists Alex Jones states on the infowars site that:

The fuel inside the Nos. 1 to 3 reactors is believed to have melted through the pressure vessels and been accumulating in the outer primary containers after the Fukushima plant lost its key functions to cool the reactors in the wake of the earthquake and tsunami on March 11 last year.

Remember, there are 3 containments... The primary reactor vessel, an outer containment which if I remember correctly is also made of boron impregnated concrete, and the floor of the reactor room itself made of boron impregnated concrete.

The entire point of the boron impregnating is that, if the secondary containment vessel melts, or the reactor room floor, the melt will contain boron that will instantly halt the nuclear reactions of any nuclear fuel that it mixes with.

So long and short... They know the fuel is in there. It is either in the bottom of the primary containment vessel. The bottom of the secondary containment vessel, or spread out all over the floor of the reactor room as it was designed to do.

The "china syndrome" talk of these anti-nuclear nuts is IMO the purest form of deliberate deception.

BTW, if the fuel was all over the floor of the reactor room, the radiatin levels would be massively higher from what I am reading.

I personally don't understand why they are doing anything with these meltdowns except pumping these buildings full of lead, or sodium or boron or all of the above and just leaving them to history... Why continue to pour water into these buildings?

I do wish there was a nuclear engineer around who could tell us why they don't just entomb these things in place. With materials that won't vaporize or explode or burn... But instead simply melt and add criticality destroying boron to the ever diluting fuel mass.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:36 pm

Just another note... All this stuff about potential recriticallity and cores melting into the earth is more than a year old.

I find it reprehensible that these people would use data over a year old with nothing new for corroboration, along with wildly irrational speculation to incite fear I people today, just to try to further their political agenda. Whether I agreed with them or not politically, I'd drop these nuts like a hot horseshoe.

I can't find any credible new source that is saying that there is any recriticallity, or that the fuel is missing, or that the cores burned through both the secondary reactor containment and tertiary floor disbursement system.

No one on site is saying any of these things... It is always anonymous sources, anonymous former employees, etc...

Just think of the money I could make, shorting a company stock and then releasing anonymous statements like these to the media? Just think how many disgruntled former employees could actually say nasty things out of pure spite?

There are literally hundreds of engineers on this site... I can't believe that they would all be too cowed to go on the record with critical information that would affect so many lives... Do you?
bchandler

Postby Sunny on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:18 am

bchandler wrote:
There are literally hundreds of engineers on this site... I can't believe that they would all be too cowed to go on the record with critical information that would affect so many lives... Do you?

bchandler, I don't know, but I appreciate your presenting another side to these stories.

In my case, I am so shell shocked by all the lies and misinformation, and the apparent attempts by TPTB to destroy our country, our world and our freedom, and everything that is good and true, that I am not surprised when I read any outrage that is supposedly going on.

Please, come quickly, Lord Jesus!
Sunny

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:05 am

Well, Bobby, I guess you should have beat me to the posting on this thread, because do my best, and I did try to check up on what I was posting, I was unable to refute what I was reading, and so it did draw concern.
and anyone could take 5 minutes to fact check this story before they posted it and know it was not just wrong...

Speak for yourself, brother in Christ.

The only thing I agree with them on is total media access and transparency. No more hiding ANYTHING!!!!!

Well, maybe one more thing... Get them more help!!!! Maybe even put the IAEA in charge of the cleanup plans. Hire as many engineers.... Nuclear or otherwise to get this stuff dealt with ASAP.

Honestly, that's what the petition I posted a link to is about.....media transparency and getting engineers from all over the world on board WITH TEPCO so that we can ensure the issue is dealt with in a world friendly manner. TEPCO shouldn't be expected to deal with all of this on their own...it's serious enough that the interests of the world are at stake here, and that's why I said it was a BIG DEAL and I hoped others would listen to the 9 minute video attached to the petition and then sign it.

Sorry I didn't do research on FP about Hellen Caldicott....her bio is all I read, I didn't take the time to research her ad nauseum yesterday, because I spent limited time reading about this Fukushima thing. I've seen concerns posted several places online, and for several weeks now, so I tend to feel that many people are getting worried about the moving of the rods.

I hope you all won't take all these posts to assume there is nothing to worry about....I really do think we should be signing the petition and expressing our desire to see engineers and governments more involved in what goes on and will go on at Fukushima....if something doesn't go right, we shouldn't have to take TEPCO's word for what did and didn't happen.....imo.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:01 am

Sorry I didn't do research on FP about Hellen Caldicott....her bio is all I read, I didn't take the time to research her ad nauseum yesterday, because I spent limited time reading about this Fukushima thing.

Don't feel bad, GodsStudent, even if I had done extensive research I wouldn't have understood a thing I read about this topic. It just plain doesn't compute with me! Sometimes it's better to be safe than sorry so we post in hopes of making people aware at the very least.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:10 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvcArShFA_k

A friend sent this link to me...I guess I want to go on record saying that I am not in complete agreement with others that all of this is disinformation. The iaea...oh, those people who have been reporting on Irans nuclear program for the past 3 or so years.....if you believe everything is under control and just fine, then you just do...and I just dont.....so I will continue to look up and look around, too.... :wink:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:16 am

I can't find any credible new source that is saying that there is any recriticallity, or that the fuel is missing, or that the cores burned through both the secondary reactor containment and tertiary floor disbursement system.

ABC Correspondent: Nobody knows where Fukushima’s melted cores are now, expert says — Tepco admitted fuel “is actually eating through the concrete… hopefully it’s not eating through any further” (AUDIO)
http://enenews.com/abc-correspondent-me ... iner-audio

"ene" = ENERGY NEWS
http://enenews.com/experts-portion-of-f ... ion-levels

http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/no ... cores-went

These sites are citing Wall Street Journal's report
Wall St. Journal: They don’t know where Fukushima’s melted fuel cores are, or in what state — Expert: “It’s important to think of worst-case scenario”… Even greater levels of contamination may be on the way — Plant “built on a river”

or....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKHht7kd1Bg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WBULzNt ... A4&index=2

or....

Senior Scientist: Chernobyl was nothing with potential of Fukushima right on ocean — No way to contain all this radioactive water — You can’t stop groundwater flow — Every bit of news we’re getting is radioactivity numbers are going up

http://enenews.com/senior-scientist-on- ... round-wate

BBC NEWS: Fukushima leak is 'much worse than we were led to believe'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23779561

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC: Latest Radioactive Leak at Fukushima: How Is It Different?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... different/

US Energy Secretary “shocked” and “stunned” after being at Fukushima plant — “Unprecedented” and “daunting” task ahead for Japan — America has “direct interest” in Tepco doing things safely (VIDEO)

http://enenews.com/energy-secretary-sho ... fely-video

If there is "nothing to see here" then why are there so many people talking about it and why is it that so many of our resources are from 2011....is that a media blackout on the subject???? ....all of a sudden in August or so 2013 there are more articles again....I am not big on conspiracy theories and frankly, my thyroid was just tested last month and it's fine, so I personally am not freaked out about fukushima....but I am trying to follow what is being said on the subject.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:11 am

GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby bchandler on Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:
Sorry I didn't do research on FP about Hellen Caldicott....her bio is all I read, I didn't take the time to research her ad nauseum yesterday, because I spent limited time reading about this Fukushima thing.

Don't feel bad, GodsStudent, even if I had done extensive research I wouldn't have understood a thing I read about this topic. It just plain doesn't compute with me! Sometimes it's better to be safe than sorry so we post in hopes of making people aware at the very least.

GS, The comment about fact checking wasn't directed at you, it was regarding the blogger. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was just appalled that they would be a purveyor such bad journalism. But then the deeper I looked the more I realized it was just people scratching each others backs.
bchandler

Postby bchandler on Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:16 pm

Well, we may all be doomed... But... I find it interesting the the enenews site contains only info on Fukushima, and apparently nothing else... Ever, from what I see.

It appears to be a site set up for the express purpose of putting out information about Fukushima. You all will need to decide for yourself whether you think it is credible or not.

Something else I noticed is the common thread of using unnamed "experts" making horribly frightening, inflammatory, and shocking statements. And in many cases the named sources are once again, rabid anti-nuclear activists.

And yes GS, I find it very odd that we hear next to nothing for a year and then suddenly are being inundated with horror stories without any corroboration from on site engineers and official sources.

It is clear that we are being lied to by one side or the other. I guess in trying to decide who to believe it would likely be a good idea to evaluate the character of the sources, as best as we can discover it.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from being careful or cautious, or even believing these stories. In the end we may find they were right. I just find it hard to believe with the thousands that are employed in the cleanup effort, we don't have better direct sources of information.
bchandler

Postby Sunny on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:53 pm

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from being careful or cautious, or even believing these stories. In the end we may find they were right. I just find it hard to believe with the thousands that are employed in the cleanup effort, we don't have better direct sources of information.

bchandler, did you actually read GS's links? After blasting her first post, I would think that would only be fair.

National Geographic and BBC are pretty reliable sources and they believe there is a major problem.

Here's a snip from the BBC link:

"It is not over yet by a long shot, Chernobyl was in many ways a one week fire-explosive event, nothing with the potential of this right on the ocean."

Sunny

Postby bchandler on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:31 am

Yes, I read them. No I wasn't blasting GS. I was blasting the irresponsible journalism of the original article and the blogger who then purveyed such junk journalism.

I make no apologies for that. I think the reporting from the anti-nuclear crowd has been horribly biased, twisted, spin doctored and unverifiably anonimized.

The national geographic article doesn't do these things. It also doesn't make wild unconfirmable accusations and speculations. BBC... well, I give them about as much credibility as the NYT. Every once in a while they get something right, and it keeps their credibility afloat.

I haven't seen the spin doctoring from the NEI, IAEA, or even the nuclear embracing green crowd. What I have seen is an inadequate flow of information, and a decided attempt to not unnecessarily inflame people's fears. But in the long run I think that by treating us like children instead of adults that can handle the difficult information and decisions, they have done themselves a disservice.
bchandler

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:20 am

Sunny wrote:

bchandler, did you actually read GS's links? After blasting her first post, I would think that would only be fair.

National Geographic and BBC are pretty reliable sources and they believe there is a major problem.

Here's a snip from the BBC link:

"It is not over yet by a long shot, Chernobyl was in many ways a one week fire-explosive event, nothing with the potential of this right on the ocean."

and the very first source in the above email I posted was ABC, and the site apparently set up to follow Fukushima by the engineers is citing Wall Street Journal.

I agree with Bobby that it's strange that we didn't hear any main stream media commentaries from 2011 until just now (aug) 2013. I believe that we're hearing it now, because they are going to move these rods this month and it's got people's attention. I also noted that there are a good many reports on yellow glowing fish, and sparce fishing results on sardine, salmon and herron...I saw this several places while looking around.

I'm no expert on this stuff and I haven't a clue what is or isn't happening with Fukushima. I never have felt like it was a non issue, as anytime you have 3 cores melt down it's an issue, and when these cores are at the ocean and on a river, too...and being cooled with ocean and/or river water....it raises my eyebrows. So...I just want to know what's happening from a citizen of the world standpoint. I could care less about the money trail on it tho' Bobby raises a good point that this is what drives most of the information that gets released....good or bad....as the investors are ever watching.

I'd like to know the truth because I want to know the impact it's having near and far, and "truth" is hard to get as it's either "everythings just fine" or "we are all going to die tomorrow from extreme radiation"....kind of crazy that I just said that, and even crazier that this is the way that it is....just my :2cents:

I live on the east coast of USA and like I said earlier, my doctor did a bunch of blood work last month, to include a thyroid panel, and my thyroid panel was excellent, so I know radiation levels in my area can't be as bad as some say they are. That said,
I would like to know what the implications are concerning moving these rods....
I would like to know what other engineers think about the way they're going to move these rods....
I would like to know if other engineers think the whole area could or should be entoumbed, and if so, with what.....

You know...stuff like this....because it sounds serious....moving the rods....and it could affect the whole world, so shouldn't the whole world's engineers (select few from every country) have EVERYTHING to do with what goes on at this plant? Maybe they do and I just don't know about it....but researching the subject is very discouraging, because of the facts that come up when you try to follow along.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby bchandler on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Entombment is generally done with boron impregnated concrete when everything is cooled off enough.

But I really have to wonder if some brainiac materials scientist couldn't come up with an entombment material that doesn't contain water, won't vaporize, won't explode, won't burn, etc... It just needs to be able to flow as a melt, or a powder, and withstand high temps, block radiation, and prevent fission.
bchandler

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:24 pm

cat litter :mrgreen:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Sunny on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:06 pm

GodsStudent wrote:cat litter :mrgreen:

:lol:

How could they have overlooked such an obvious solution! :laugh:
Sunny

Return to What you think (About news)