Ex-stepson got shot in the back and head

Ex-stepson got shot in the back and head

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:06 am

edited
Last edited by LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuteronomy 4:30-31
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Re: Ex-stepson got shot in the back and head

Postby burien1 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:10 am

There is no condemnation in Christ. I remind myself of this everytime I let the weight of the past, take my focus off of the future.
When my trials seem endless, I focus on the inheritance waiting on me because of our Savior.

You don't see God's plan from your side. Everything works together for good.

:praying:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:43 am

:cry:

Your post made me cry as I often feel the same sense of guilt and sorrow over the past. And there are some family members who cannot find it in their hearts to forgive me. I have learned though, that when those thoughts invade my peace, they lead me to appreciate more fully the mercy and love of Jesus. Keep Him as your focus, Patrick, as His love for you is not based on your performance but on your relationship with Him. He has many servants able to reach our loved ones in ways that He knows are best.

Maybe when you have time, this short reminder will be helpful:

Forgiveness Past, Present and Future

Sending you a virtual hug...

:comfort:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:07 pm

I'm gonna have to read the link Abiding provided, because Abiding, you are so special to the saints....your wisdom and grace and just beautiful and gentle way have really meant so much to me in my own times of confusion, panic, chaos and disorder (and I know you know what I am talking about! :mrgreen: )

Patrick...your post just about ripped my heart out. There is my own child and we have been so neglectful in some respects and sometimes when we get ready, they aren't ready anymore....and so forth....it all becomes a jumbled mess, actually.

I earnestly sought the Lord for the things you wrote about here and I know He will provide, Patrick. I have His assurance....and and we have His forgiveness, brother...I have assurance of that, too. What a blessing that when we have such repentance in our hearts, He forgives us, as Christ has redeemed us.

I genuinely appreciate your beautiful testimony of our humanity. You are not a lone in this...we are all here with you!

:praying:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:49 am

edited
Last edited by LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:55 am

Patrick: My mother told me this morning that she is convinced that in my childhood, I got both the best and the worst of her and my father in their parenting. In retrospect, I found her insight to be quite accurate. Fortunately for all of us, we can really mess up parenting, and then, God will find a way to turn bad to good. It just happens that way, and for those of us who have lived long enough, we see how it works.

It looks as though your son is part and parcel to the very thing I just said above. We are not completely responsible for the fact that our children choose their own paths, and I know some people's lives just seem to flow so much more smoothly than others (and it tends to run in families), but at the end of the day, many who are lost are also found, as they were in need of a Physician..... :wink:

I will continue to pray for the needs here. :praying:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:37 pm

Patrick,

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and that our actions (whether good or bad) can still be used by our Sovereign God for His purposes. We are who we are because of the choices we have made. You would not be walking the walk with Him today had you made other choices. His timing is perfect for His desires for you. God can use us no matter how we are behaving. I hear the regret and I also understand. Try not to dwell too much on the "shoulda, coulda, woulda" path. That's where the devil will distract and depress you brother. There is no situation that the Lord can't utilize for His plans. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. He will direct our path and reroute us when necessary. He loves those boys even more than you do!

Dearest Yeshua,

Please calm Patrick's heart today. Remind him how much You love him and those boys. Thank You that he is at the point where he can recognize the missed opportunities for what they were. Now help him utilize his time for You and Your purposes with a new understanding and awareness. The days are evil but we can serve You until You call us home. Put the fire in us to share with those in need. Lord, please help this entire situation. Heal the hurts both emotional and physical. Soften hearts to receive You through this ordeal. Thank You for providing for all their needs. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Sunny on Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Patrick,

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and that our actions (whether good or bad) can still be used by our Sovereign God for His purposes. We are who we are because of the choices we have made. You would not be walking the walk with Him today had you made other choices. His timing is perfect for His desires for you. God can use us no matter how we are behaving. I hear the regret and I also understand. Try not to dwell too much on the "shoulda, coulda, woulda" path. That's where the devil will distract and depress you brother. There is no situation that the Lord can't utilize for His plans. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. He will direct our path and reroute us when necessary. He loves those boys even more than you do!

Spreading Salt, I know your reply was directed to Patrick, but you do not know how much it helped me, too.

I am also going to read the link Abiding provided.

Patrick, you have a LOT of company. Will pray for your family and hope you will pray for mine. :)
Sunny

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:28 pm

edited
Last edited by LONGINGFORHOME on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:31 pm

Spreading Salt wrote:Patrick,

Dearest Yeshua,

Please calm Patrick's heart today. Remind him how much You love him and those boys. Thank You that he is at the point where he can recognize the missed opportunities for what they were. Now help him utilize his time for You and Your purposes with a new understanding and awareness. The days are evil but we can serve You until You call us home. Put the fire in us to share with those in need. Lord, please help this entire situation. Heal the hurts both emotional and physical. Soften hearts to receive You through this ordeal. Thank You for providing for all their needs. Amen.

SS,
thank you so much for this post, i needed to hear that today, Thank you also for being the prayer warrior that you are.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Sunny wrote:Patrick, you have a LOT of company. Will pray for your family and hope you will pray for mine. :)

Sunny,
Yes maam, I will definitely be praying everyday for your family, thank you for praying for mine.

LONGINGFORHOME

Postby Spreading Salt on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:05 am

Dearest Yeshua,

Thank You for continuing to heal this young man. May good seeds of hope in You be spread throughout his day today. Bring those who can encourage him and love him through this. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Postby Spreading Salt on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:58 am

Thank You for working through this situation Yeshua. Soften hearts. Heal wounds. Change lives. Amen.
Spreading Salt
Supporting Member

Return to Prayer Requests