The Rebel

Events indicative of the end-times which may, or may not, be related to a specific Scripture.

The Rebel

Postby Tevye on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:42 am

"Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him,
we ask you, brothers, not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy,
report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come.
Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and
the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction." - 2 Thessalonians 2

'The Protester' (the Rebel) is Time's person of the year
Kurt Andersen wrote:The Protester
No one could have known that when a Tunisian fruit vendor set himself on fire in a public square,
it would incite protests that would topple dictators and start a global wave of dissent.
In 2011, protesters didn’t just voice their complaints; they changed the world.
time.com

2011 - rebellion....2012 - ....?
Tevye

Re: The Rebel

Postby laney on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:20 pm

got me thinking..
"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be [people] of courage; be strong." (1 Cor. 16:13
laney

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:23 am

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=62644

I thought of the above thread when I read what you posted here. Last night, I read the article in the above linked thread you posted. People do seem to be getting angrier and if the things get to a point like described in that article, and according to that article, the rebellion could prove memorable. Certainly the Boston tea party was memorable, and other historical events on the same scale.

Kind of hard to miss that news anchors are beginning to be rebellious. Andrew Napalatano, FOX business....I have watched him rail for the past few nights. Then, on some of the other news channels, the anchors are getting bold and making inciteful statements here and there. Watching the cable news last night, after reading the above linked article, it really stuck out. and, yes....they did announce last night that the "protester" was Time's man of the year. I thought to myself that with all the anchors openly calling for change and constantly pointing out their outrage....this is being encouraged.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby mightymac on Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:38 am

I heard a commercial on the radio this morning for some DVDs - something about New Hampshire around the 1700s? It was billed as "Too American" for broadcast TV, and the ad ended with this thoughtful line: "...because our ancestors would have been shooting by now."
Carolyn

'Was listening to some beautiful Christmas music - so lovely that it brought tears to my eyes. So I asked my youngest daughter, 16, who was doing homework, "I wonder what all the angels in heaven sound like when they are singing Glory to God?"
Without hesitation, she simply replied, "Warm."
mightymac

Postby Sword of Geddon on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:20 pm

2011 has definitely been the most historic year in decades. All over the world various rebellions, protests and riots have occurred. Back in March and April there was the "Arab Spring". The discontent and unrest from that event traveled as far as China(The Lotus Revulution), as well as Russia.

2011 also saw the widespread use of social internet media like facebook in order to organize riots and protests. The London Riots back in the Summer and then the Occupy Wallstreet protests were both largely organized online. I think it is worth mentioning that the Arab Spring was also fueled by the internet.

Perhaps when the man of lawlessness is revealed, it will be via the Internet as well? If we are this close to the Tribulation, then who is the man of lawlessness?

There is no way to know for sure at the moment but, what is everyone's top five guesses?
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
Sword of Geddon

Postby Exit40 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:44 am

Perhaps when the man of lawlessness is revealed, it will be via the Internet as well? If we are this close to the Tribulation, then who is the man of lawlessness?

No doubt social media plays a part in all this. However, I think the measure of it's effects would be more akin to the great delusion, and the spreading of it through this means, as in greatest lie ever goes viral. As for the MOL, man of lawlessness, I don't think we will see him until we see the false prophet.

God Bless You

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Tevye on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:59 am

GodsStudent wrote:People do seem to be getting angrier and if the things get to a point like described in that article, and according to that article, the rebellion could prove memorable.
I agree.

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God,
for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God:
every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit
that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming
and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you
is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world
listens to them. We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us.
By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error."
1 John 4

Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu wrote:‘Social Justice’ Activists Proclaim New State of Israel

“Social justice” activists attended the annual Israeli Business Conference
to proclaim “a new State of Israel -- The Social Justice state.”
-
Activists in Israel this past summer staged tent city protests in Tel Aviv and other urban centers.
Starting out as the ”cottage cheese boycott” movement to bring down the price of the dairy prices,
the movement spread to an all-encompassing demonstration against nearly every imaginable worry...

"Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love,
and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfected with us,
so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world.

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.
For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love."

-
"By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.
And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world."

Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu wrote:“The new State of Israel will ensure complete equality of social and political rights
to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex.

“The new State of Israel will assume full responsibility for all its inhabitants and ensure their right
for food, shelter, clothing, proper livelihood, health, education, culture and a clean environment.”

After declaring economic equality and freedom from just about everything – from religion to “conscience”
– it continues, "Right and Left, Religious and Secular, Jews and Arabs, Men and Women, Poor and Rich
-- We all live here together. Fraternity and collaboration are our flag that will bring us prosperity.”
israelnationalnews.com/
Tevye

Postby Sword of Geddon on Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:00 pm

They won't succeed.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
Sword of Geddon

Return to SIGNS