CSpan debate: Newt Gingrich and Herman Cain

General discussion of candidates' campaign issues

CSpan debate: Newt Gingrich and Herman Cain

Postby SueAnn on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:22 pm

I just watched the tail-end of their debate. Gonna watch the whole thing when it reairs at 10:30 tonight. I had a lot of questions answered. PURE CLASS. What a delight it was to watch these GENTLEMEN debate. I encourage everyone to watch this debate. CSpan website will have it in their video archives at some point.
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Re: CSpan debate: Newt Gingrich and Herman Cain

Postby mrgravyard49 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:00 pm

I watched it,, It was Great! Loved Herman's take on the Press.. Oh So True!
I forgot about Newt Being on Charles Stanley's show a year ago.. He Has issues but is alot better man than Obama..
Would Love to see those two together against Obama/Biden..
mrgravyard49

Postby SueAnn on Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:46 pm

I think they would be one heckuva team. They certainly had a great rapor tonight, and on a debate, of all places!
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby jgilberAZ on Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:39 am

Wouldn't it be odd (great?) if they announced they were running as a team?

ie, "we announce today that whichever one of us you select as your Presidential Candidate, the other one of us will be the Vice Presidential Candidate."

That would be tough to beat, I think.

These are the two Republicans that I seem to be leaning towards.
2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby SueAnn on Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:09 pm

It is important that Herman Cain be the presidential nominee. There are millions of black voters that voted FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THEIR LIVES because they were voting for a black man. It was quite a phenomena here in Norristown, PA.

If Herman is running against Barack, black voters will have a choice. If Barack runs against a non-black, they will vote for Barack again.

I think Herman is the only hope for yanking some black voters away from Barack.
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby good4u1 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:12 pm

I tend to agree with Sue Ann and Cain may have a real shot at courting black voters for no other reason because of his race. But ideologically, I prefer Michelle Bachmann and wish she could make head way in the polls. Cain and Bachmann would be my dream ticket... :wink:
good4u1

Postby AndCanItBe on Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:24 pm

If you're looking for a conservative Republican candidate or VP, Newt Gingrich is not it.

*snip*

But Gingrich, who served as Speaker of the House from 1995 to 1999, wants to unite the party. He sees Scozzafava and the Upstate special election – the only House race in the nation this fall -- as the best hope for Republicans to start a comeback and regain control of Congress.

Gingrich is apparently willing to overlook Scozzafava’s support for same-sex marriage and abortion rights.

Link

If you read the article you see this was despite the fact another Republican who was pro-life and against same sex marriage was running against her to be the Republican candidate.

Also
Gingrich slams GOP Medicare plan despite the fact he once said he'd vote for it

*snip*

Gingrich, speaking in an interview on "Meet the Press" on Sunday, argued that the GOP plan for Medicare as outlined in Ryan's proposed 2012 budget was a "radical change" and that we "need a national conversation to get to a better Medicare solution for seniors."

"I'm against Obamacare, which is imposing radical change, and I would be against a conservative imposing radical change," Gingrich told NBC's David Gregory. "I don't think right-wing social engineering is any more desirable than left-wing social engineering... I don't think imposing radical change from the right or the left is a very good way for a free society to operate."
AndCanItBe

Return to U.S. Presidential Election 2012