New to the site, Old to the faith

....introduce youself grab a java and sit awhile

New to the site, Old to the faith

Postby npcomplete on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:49 am

Hi everybody. I just joined (thank you admin). I am a former lurker, but finally got around to registering. I am from the "pre-wrath" camp in eschatology. Here is a bit of info that I just put in the profile with a bit more added detail:

I am a retired physicist/mathematician. Biblical Christianity is not common in the field, but there are exceptions, like me!

Besides Biblical Christianity and creation science, my interests include several musical instruments, and am active in ministry. I run a couple of Christian websites and help with a popular radio show... but no, I am not here to advertise.

Other interests include photography, art, neuroscience, investing, foreign languages, politics, and antiques and collectibles... and of course "np-completeness"

I am also a fitness and nutrition fanatic (body is the temple of the Holy Spirit). I attend a non-denominational full-gospel Church. I also have interests in witnessing to "Christian cults" and other faiths.

Most of my career was spent in research groups and think tanks like DARPA. Yes, there are Christians that work at DARPA. The "npcomplete" moniker relates to a field of mathematics and computer science dealing with "intractability", or in other words, hard problems in math.
npcomplete

Re: New to the site, Old to the faith

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:14 am

:wavewelcome: to the board, npcomplete! So happy to have you with us!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Loop on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:19 am

:hugs2: :wavewelcome:
Psalms 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Loop

Postby burien1 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:20 am

:welcome: to FP, npcomplete !

I hope you will find this board to be a blessing in your life, as I have. Looking forward to your posts.
:spin:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Jericho on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:45 am

:welcome: npcomplete. :grin:
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby aaron on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Welcome!!! :grin:
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
-1 Timothy 6:12
aaron

Postby david on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:15 pm

Last time I checked we take the New with the Old. Welcome Brother!

I look forward to getting to know you.

david
david

Postby AndCanItBe on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Welcome to the board! :grin:
AndCanItBe

Postby Truthinlove on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:42 pm

:wavewelcome:
"I didn't survive so I could make everyone comfortable. I survived so I could stir things up a bit. And I have a great time doing it." - Gianna Jessen (abortion survivor)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOljzwNVGNY
http://www.giannajessen.com/
Truthinlove

Postby mark s on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Welcome to FP!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby FreeInHim on Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:09 pm

:wavewelcome: , npcomplete! Very glad you decided to join us and I look forward to your posts!
FreeInHim

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:14 pm

npcomplete.......ah, I love the name....now, about that wisdom and 666....anything? :dunno: :mrgreen:

Just kidding! Welcome to the family of believers here on FP. Its an awesome group to work, study, read headlines, and occasionally kick the can with..... :wink:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby npcomplete on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:23 pm

GodsStudent wrote:npcomplete.......ah, I love the name....now, about that wisdom and 666....anything? :dunno: :mrgreen:

Just kidding! Welcome to the family of believers here on FP. Its an awesome group to work, study, read headlines, and occasionally kick the can with..... :wink:

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever." (Psalm 111:10)

one of the things I have learned over the years is that exegetical problems are much harder than the "intractable problems" in physics and math!

Thanks for the welcome everybody!
npcomplete

Return to Dew Drop Inn