What will be a clear sign for you personally?

No opposing arguments allowed

What will be a clear sign for you personally?

Postby learningeachday on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:04 am

My apologies if this has been posted and answered here a hundred times... :redface:

My question is, what one visible sign for you will make you say to yourself, "Yep, Daniel's 70th week just started!"

Will it definitely be a peace treaty? I'm just curious if everyone is pretty much in agreement on this... I just love to hear everyone's opinions, too! :grin:
learningeachday

Re: What will be a clear sign for you personally?

Postby revelation12eleven on Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:05 am

Hi learningeachday!

I don't know that we can know for sure Ds 70th week has just started. The defining sign for which Jesus tells us to watch is the AofD-abomination of desolation. (Mt. 24:15.."Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet...) I think we can get excited if we see a temple or tabernacle of sorts going up but definitely the thing Jesus points us to is the AofD. Of course we will be halfway into the Week at that point...
Overcomer
revelation12eleven

Postby jgilberAZ on Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:19 am

Agreed.
2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby OBXBob on Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:21 am

Ditto...
OBXBob

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:51 am

But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then recognize that her desolation is near. Luke 21:20

............... "Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. "But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." Luke 21:27-28
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby aaron on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:07 am

The two witnesses are something I'd like to see ... and to listen to as well. I hope many repent after hearing these two witness.
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
-1 Timothy 6:12
aaron

Postby Pretzelogical on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Great question! - we all ask ourselves this, don't we?

Here's my take on it - thanks to many of you here. :wink:
When the mark of the beast is required, the 3.5 year tribulation begins.

+I am not looking for sacrifices to be stopped as I believe Daniel 9:27 speaks of the Messiah the Prince who is to come as when Jesus was cut off half way through the week as God's Passover Lamb.
+I am not looking for a temple as the believers are now the temple of God and the apostasy will come to that temple.
+I believe the two witnesses are the two lampstands, the faithful Jewish churches of Symrna and Philadelphia.

The apostasy is rampant.
Jerusalem is more surrounded.
Evil men are in leadership around the globe and unifying under a God of fortresses and a world leader.
Trade and the harlot are being weeped over.
Babies are sacrificed to idols of comfort and prosperity.
Children are rebellious to their parents.
Parents are not training their children in the Word.
Men are lovers of selves.
Men are growing more spiritually dark.
Men call what is evil as good.
Bible history is replicated in daily news headlines in remarkable ways.
Perhaps the tetrad of eclipses is a sign of something, either of captivity in Egypt or the ultimate Exodus?
Pretzelogical

Postby Kathe on Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:34 pm

Well..... my take on it is that we are already in and have been in the 70th week. I see the AOD as the Dome of the Rock on the Temple Mount. I see the signs all around that the time of the gentiles has ended and we are in, as Daniel said, the time of the end. I see that the spirit of the AC has entered the temple and defiled it already. There isn't much left to happen except for Israel's enemies to surround and attack her and for Messiah Yeshua to return to save her and the rest of His remnant followers. So that is my take. I don't hold with what has been taught the past 200 years or so from the organized religions. Take the Left Behind blinders off and read the bible without it in your head. Messiah is at the door, at the threshold, just about to enter.

Daniel's words were sealed until the time of the end. The time of the end didn't start until the time of the gentiles ended. That happened in 1948 when the apple of His eye, Israel, once again became a nation. Then and only then could the blinders that hid Daniel be revealed. Any end times scenarios from Daniel made up prior to 1948 are completely suspect. How could they be correct when Yehoveh said they were sealed? Are we smarter than He is? No way!

Again, just my take on it. You can take it or leave it. Your choice.
Kathe

Postby learningeachday on Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 am

THANK YOU ALL so much! I really appreciate your responses! :flowerz: I have been studying prophecy only a short time compared to most of you here, so it really helps to hear other people's interpretations.

I guess God really knew what he was doing to keep us watching when he put forth all of the prophecy in His Word that he did....
learningeachday

Postby Truthinlove on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:11 am

Kathe wrote:Well..... my take on it is that we are already in and have been in the 70th week. I see the AOD as the Dome of the Rock on the Temple Mount.

hmmmm, then where is the "great tribulation" that occurs at the time of the AOD?
The Dome of the Rock has been there a VERY long time.
"I didn't survive so I could make everyone comfortable. I survived so I could stir things up a bit. And I have a great time doing it." - Gianna Jessen (abortion survivor)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOljzwNVGNY
http://www.giannajessen.com/
Truthinlove

Postby Kathe on Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:30 am

Truthinlove wrote:
Kathe wrote:Well..... my take on it is that we are already in and have been in the 70th week. I see the AOD as the Dome of the Rock on the Temple Mount.

hmmmm, then where is the "great tribulation" that occurs at the time of the AOD?

Where is the great tribulation in the bible? Christians have been in tribulation and under persecution since Stephen was killed. More than 250,000 Christians are martyred every year. Millions upon millions have been put to death since Yeshua.
Kathe

Postby lamb7 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:29 am

The "Mark of the Beast" will be the most significant sign for me. The "birth pangs" have begun but will come on us like a "flood" in a more pronounced way...unlike anything the world has seen and then the things around us will most definitely make sense as to what is truly happening.
lamb7

Postby Truthinlove on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:47 pm

Kathe wrote:
Truthinlove wrote:

Where is the great tribulation in the bible? Christians have been in tribulation and under persecution since Stephen was killed. More than 250,000 Christians are martyred every year. Millions upon millions have been put to death since Yeshua.

Yes that's true. But, Christ teaches that when the AOD occurs, "THEN there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will, unless those days had been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short."

This will be a specific time, different then the tribulation that people have experienced since the beginning of time.

If you believe that the AOD is the Dome of the Rock, and the great tribulation is what you stated above, well both of those events have been occurring for over a thousand years. So, then they could not occur during the 70th week, according to your view, because the 70th week will only be 7 years.
"I didn't survive so I could make everyone comfortable. I survived so I could stir things up a bit. And I have a great time doing it." - Gianna Jessen (abortion survivor)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOljzwNVGNY
http://www.giannajessen.com/
Truthinlove

Return to Pre-wrath view only