From (go to following link and click on "2. Presidencies" listed at top, left under "Membership and Organisation):
Sequence of EU Presidencies and WEU Presidencies
Pursuant to the Council decision which came into effect on 1 January 1999:
EU Presidencies in 2010: Spain (Jan.-June); Belgium (July-Dec.)
WEU Presidencies in 2010: Spain (Jan.-June); Belgium (July-Dec.)
1) The WEU is the Western European Union, consisting of 10 permanent member nations (also known as the Brussels Treaty Powers), of which Dr. Solana is Secretary-General (among other numerous titles).
2) Spain is Dr. Solana's native country; currently headed by fellow Socialist, P.M. Zapatero.
3) Belgium is where the EU is headquartered (Brussels) and where Dr. Solana works. Also, NATO has a headquarters in Brussels, Belgium (Dr. Solana was Secretary-General of NATO from 1995-1999).
4) 2010 is the mid-term of the 7-year European Neighbourhood Policy Instrument (ENPI) (2007-2013), which includes an action plan agreement with Israel, along with many other nations (with a scheduled mid-term review for Israel).
5) The EU satellite center is located in Torrejon, Spain.
(Thanks to Farmer for helping to point out the above.)