Geert Wilders film on koran released

Discussion and debate of Religions that contradict scripture

Geert Wilders film on koran released

Postby burien1 on Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:04 pm

*link removed by acib*

Very powerful movie. Not for the faint hearted, very graphic. Wonder how long before the backlash starts.

YSIC
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby AndCanItBe on Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:31 pm

I had to take the link down burien1. Anyone who is interested can do a search on Geert Wilders. Thanks.
AndCanItBe

Postby burien1 on Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:41 pm

:oops: I"M sorry! :bag:

YSIC
burien1

Postby AndCanItBe on Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:01 pm

It's no problem. :grin:
AndCanItBe

Postby perigrini on Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:14 pm

I apparently was the 2nd to post this, so I have no problem with my thread being closed (in fact that was my idea on how to handle duplicate threads way back when).

What I am curious to hear is the reason the link was removed. The site I linked to is a news source and not a blog or another message board.

I'm not arguing that it needs to be linked here, just curious on the rationale for removing it.

And yes, it can easily be found by searching on Liveleak which features lots of videos of all sorts. Judging by the titles I see on that website not all of the videos are family friendly, but they do have the courage to host this film.

Geert Wilders had posted it on his political party's website in the Netherlands, but it apparently was attacked in such a fashion as to knock out the website, or so I've read.

Anyway, although graphic in a few places, this film is accurate.

perigrini
perigrini

Postby sheri on Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:34 am

FITNA..... :banned: BY FFP
SO DO NOT FEAR, FOR I AM WITH YOU; DO NOT BE DISMAYED, FOR I AM YOUR GOD. I WILL STREGTHEN YOU AND HELP YOU; I WILL UPHOLD YOU WITH MY RIGHTIOUS RIGHT HAND.
isaiah 41:8-10
sheri
Supporting Member

Postby Be still on Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:19 am

Geert Wilders had posted it on his political party's website in the Netherlands, but it apparently was attacked in such a fashion as to knock out the website, or so I've read.

just curious on the rationale for removing it.

Hmmmm.
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby AndCanItBe on Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:40 am

If the desire was to ban the video we could have easily deleted burien1's post and not told people how to find the video. When you follow a link from FP the website's owners have only to look in their history to see who they are getting so many hits from. We want to stay open as long as possible to share the truth of the gospel. This video is on the UN's banned list. Are we naive enough to believe in the world we now live in that the AOC or the Muslims aren't able to obtain a list of who linked to that video in large numbers? We need to understand this reality. If we can do a simple thing like not linking directly to the site, and those that desire to watch the video can do a simple thing like search for it and follow the link from that search engine, then we stay under the radar and open that much longer. The information may be a little harder for you to get, but is by no means banned. We are going to have to suffer small inconveniences like this so that we can stay open as long as possible in order to share the truth.
AndCanItBe

Postby mark s on Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:37 am

ACIB, I think that is VERY prudent!
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby burien1 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:16 am

Comment by Ban Ki-Moon;

"We must also recognize that the real fault line is not between Muslim and Western societies, as some would have us believe, but between small minorities of extremists, on different sides, with a vested interest in stirring hostility and conflict," Ban said.

YSIC
burien1

Postby burien1 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:34 pm

http://www.eux.tv/article.aspx?articleId=20013

Live.leak pulled the movie after threats to staff.

YSIC
burien1

Postby Be still on Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:44 pm

after its staff received "very serious" threats.
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby sheri on Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:27 pm

While I understand FFP's position, I do not agree with it- it shows a lack of faith and trust in God's almighty power.

If we do not proclaim the truth, who will?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Isaiah 41:13

So we say with confidence, "The LORD is my helper: I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:6

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

Mark 4:40 :

40And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?

2 Timothy 1:7 :

7For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

1 Peter 3:12-14 :

12For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

13And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?

14But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

Psalm 91:4-6 :

4He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

Proverbs 29:25 :

25The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.

Sheri :a2:
SO DO NOT FEAR, FOR I AM WITH YOU; DO NOT BE DISMAYED, FOR I AM YOUR GOD. I WILL STREGTHEN YOU AND HELP YOU; I WILL UPHOLD YOU WITH MY RIGHTIOUS RIGHT HAND.
isaiah 41:8-10
sheri
Supporting Member

Postby AndCanItBe on Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:49 pm

We need to proclaim the truth about Islam, while defending the truth of the gospel. John Piper is a good example.

Link

While Geert Wilders film has a lot of truth in it, he was defending, among other things, gay rights, and nowhere did he defend the gospel. Just because a person is against Islam does not make them our friend.

Did you notice that John Piper got noticed by Yale who is hosting a conference?

Link

Notice what they fault him for and quote him as saying. They couldn't use anything but the truth of the gospel and had to put it in their own article, because that's what Piper was standing on.

That said, our primary purpose here on this board is not to fight against Islam, but to focus on prophecy being fulfilled. Islam may be wrapped up in that, or may come to the forefront as the major vehicle through which prophecy is being fulfilled at some point in the future. Some of you already are convinced of that I realize, but our focus should still remain on the big picture of prophecy, and not on simply fighting Islam.
AndCanItBe

Postby mark s on Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:48 pm

Mat 10:16 Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore, be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Return to Other Religions Discussion & Debate