Here's a few easy low carb meals :)
Crock-Pot Hot Wing Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 ½ cups of Frank’s hot sauce
¼ cup of butter
Tortillas if not low carbing
1. Put chicken breasts into crock pot.
2. Pour Frank’s hot sauce over the top
3. Cut butter into pieces and place over the top
4. Cook on low for 6 hours
5. Shred chicken with tines of fork
6. Pile chicken on tortillas
7. Add your favorite toppings
This recipe makes a great side dish or appetizer.
10 white button mushrooms
4 ounces cream cheese
½ pound of pork sausage – breakfast roll sausage works great!
4 cups of water
4 ounces of cheddar cheese, finely shredded
¼ teaspoon salt & pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Wash mushrooms and remove stems. (set stems aside)
3. Bring water and lemon juice to a boil and add mushroom caps. Let boil for 2 minutes- then pour in a colander to drain.
4. Crumble sausage in a skillet and cook until completely done – about 10 minutes. Let cool.
5. Chop mushroom stems.
6. Once the sausage is cool, mix the cream cheese, salt & pepper, chopped mushroom stems and cheddar cheese to form a thick mixture.
7. Divide the mixture among the mushroom caps, mounding.
8. Place stuffed mushrooms in a casserole dish and bake, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until filling is bubbly and mushrooms are slightly soft.
Low Carb Mock Mashed Potatoes
This is a good substitute for mashed potatoes. Tastes very similar.
1 head of cauliflower
1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
¼ cup grated parmesan
1 clove of minced garlic
½ teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of pepper
3 Tablespoons of butter
6. Set a large pot of water to boil over high heat.
7. Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces.
8. Cook, in boiling water for about 6 minutes, or until well done.
9. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
10. Puree hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper until almost smooth.
11. Serve hot with pats of butter.
* You can also put mashed cauliflower in a baking dish and sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top. Bake in oven till cheese is melted
Low- Carb White Chocolate & Peanut Butter Pudding
This is one of my favorite low-carb treats. It’s delicious even if you aren’t low-carbing.
1 small pkg. white chocolate sugar free instant pudding
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup heavy cream
1 ¼ cup water
2 tablespoons peanut butter
4 packets of Splenda
1. Soften cream cheese and peanut butter in microwave for about 30 seconds.
2. In a bowl, add heavy cream, soften cream cheese and peanut butter and mix on low until smooth.
3. Add splenda and mix. Add water and pudding mix, blending on low until smooth.
4. Place into small dessert dishes, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
I have many more tried and true recipes if your interested.
Sister in Christ,