Praying out loud...

This forum is for questions related to Herb's views, Bible prophecy and evidence for the truth of the Bible and our Christian faith (Christian apologetics). The questions are for Holly only. One poster per thread please.

Praying out loud...

Postby soundingthealarm on Thu May 03, 2007 5:21 pm

Hi Holly,

I read in another thread that we are not to pray out loud because the enemy can hear our prayers. My best friend and I had a discussion about this 3 months ago, and she heard a pastor say that since Jesus Christ, when teaching the apostles how to pray said "...when you pray, say..." this means we are to pray aloud. I know your expertise is in apologetics, but if you can shed some light (or give your own insight), please do!

Blessings
soundingthealarm
Supporting Member

Postby Holly on Sat May 05, 2007 8:12 pm

Hello soundingthealarm,

I've heard that said before, too. I think it's false for two reasons: (1) We see examples of people praying out loud in Scripture, including Jesus in his high priestly prayer (John 17) and the believers when they were gathered together in Acts; and (2) The idea overestimates Satan's power over our lives and underestimates God's power. God's power is tremendously greater than Satan's, and Satan can't do anything that God doesn't allow. So, as we trust God, we don't need to fear Satan.

Hope this helps!
Holly
Owner

Postby soundingthealarm on Sun May 06, 2007 6:07 am

thanks Holly!!!

Blessings
soundingthealarm
Supporting Member

Return to Ask Holly