The meaning of your Internet name - Continued

....introduce youself grab a java and sit awhile

The meaning of your Internet name - Continued

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:27 pm

Let us know the meaning behind your user name!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby zephaniah on Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:51 am

obviously, zephaniah is an old testament book. I used to be very active on dalnet a few years ago on the channel christian_endtimes. I wanted to use the nick Caleb as he is one of my favorite bible personalities. It was taken so i had to choose another. Around that time i had just heard a sermon from the book of zephaniah. v. 1:12 was the main verse of the sermon.

Zephaniah 1:12-And it shall come to pass at that time, [that] I will search Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in their heart, The LORD will not do good, neither will he do evil. KJV

It was an incredible sermon! This was the first time i'd ever heard a sermon from zephaniah, and my old pastor was with me(we were at a church conference). He was so impressed by it that he basically repeated the sermon to our church that next sunday and that was totally unlike him to copy from someone else. I've never heard a sermon out of zephaniah since. The sermon was about not being complacent and it just stuck with me so i chose zephaniah for a nick and the rest is history :grin:

zephaniah
zephaniah
Supporting Member

Postby Lookfortruth on Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:06 am

Wow zephaniah, That is a cool story. :a3:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:49 am

My favorite verse in the book of Zephaniah is:

Zep 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

We used to sing that in song in one of the groups I belonged to.

Thanks for sharing your internet name meaning, Zephaniah! I've never heard a sermon on that book, but would love to!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby zephaniah on Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:20 pm

your welcome. Thanks for the verse. I find it amazing how ALL of God's Word is incredible and not just the main books we think of.
zephaniah
Supporting Member

Postby Deacon Sarvis on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:58 pm

:armor:

My given name is lonnie, but for 30+ years I have worked in a minstry
to the biker and street people, being a servant by G_Ds appointment
we have housed , clothed and fead thoes in need. Some got angry because WE WERE IN THEIR FACE! just by beeing their feeding them.
Most of the hard times from them were because of guilt.
(I still do this but not with a group anymore)

To serve is to share HIM and myself, pray that this will always be true.

Deacon
Deacon Sarvis

Postby studybug on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:31 am

What an amazing ministry....that is a rough crowd to be blessed to minister to! How rewarding it must be to see the light go on for someone.

Debbie
studybug

Postby OneOfTheseDays on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:50 pm

From one of my favorite songs from FFH

One of these days
Gonna see the hand that took the nails for me
One of these days
Gonna hold the key to the mansion built for me
One of these days
Gonna walk the streets of gold that were paved for me
One of these days
I'm gonna see my Savior face to face
One of these days

It's what it's all about....
OneOfTheseDays

Postby OBXBob on Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:24 am

:a3: OneOfTheseDays!

YBIC,

Bob
OBXBob

Postby Loop on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:14 pm

Hey all.
Thought I would look around on the board and found this place, imagine that! Been here a while just reading and posting very little.
My board name Loop is my rescue horse.
We almost lost him the night we got him. He is a Standardbred racehorse who almost died from starvation, the fellow we got him from had already starved three others to death, he knew the sign's that death was impending and knew my husband had a backhoe, so he called us and gave him to us thinking there was no way he could survive.
He didn't know my husband could tube-feed. So with lots of help from friends who set up with us all night, (Loui who's real name is Trenton's Loop) we tube fed him several times that night, they helped us to get him to his feet in order to be able to tube him. He pulled through.
He is now a beauty. He was five at the time, of all the animals my husband has felt sorry for and brought in, he was the worst! We really didn't think he would make it, even the vet had her doubts the next day if he would. Any way thats why the weird name....
Loop

Postby grace2all on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:18 pm

Wow! What a neat story Loop! What an incredible undertaking in saving the horse. I'm glad to hear Loop is doing great now! God bless!

Aloha,
Janell
grace2all
Supporting Member

Postby Loop on Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:15 pm

Thanks Janell, He is a sweety. We've had him in Parades as well as trailriding him. Loui has never been a moments trouble and loves attention.
Loop

Postby noble1 on Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:08 pm

Noble1:

Ever have one of those baby name books where you look up a name and it tells you what your name means? Well my name means "noble one." That's it, nothing else to it. I use it just about wherever I go on the net.

Blessings!
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)
noble1

Postby simplemod400 on Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:58 pm

my name isn't so much scriptural as it is a compilation of things.

Simple is my CB handle, I got it when I was 15, in complete it is actually Simple Man for the Lynyrd Skynyrd song which is my favorite of all time...
Simple Man

(Ronnie VanZant -- Gary Rossington)
Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say.
And if you do this
It will help you some sunny day.
Take your time... Don't live too fast,
Troubles will come and they will pass.
Go find a woman and you'll find love,
And don't forget son,
There is someone up above.
(Chorus)
And be a simple kind of man.
Be something you love and understand.
Be a simple kind of man.
Won't you do this for me son,
If you can?
Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
All that you need is in your soul,
And you can do this if you try.
All that I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.
(Chorus)
Boy, don't you worry... you'll find yourself.
Follow you heart and nothing else.
And you can do this if you try.
All I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.
(Chorus)

mod400 is from my first truck where I had my first CB, a 78 Ford F150 351m, was going to modify it to be a 400, but never got around to it.
so there ya have simplemod400.
Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
simplemod400

username

Postby The Wife of Finaldash on Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:19 am

The meaning of my username isn't probably hard to figure out.
Yep, I'm FINALDASH's (David) wife. Decided it was about time I have my own username.
<b>John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.
The Wife of Finaldash

Postby NotInMyTime on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:40 pm

The meaning of my name * NotInMyTime *

is I'm learning patience. I wanted my prayers answered
ASAP. I'm learning it's in God's time

Not In My Time
NotInMyTime

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:49 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:My favorite verse in the book of Zephaniah is:

Zep 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

We used to sing that in song in one of the groups I belonged to.

Thanks for sharing your internet name meaning, Zephaniah! I've never heard a sermon on that book, but would love to!

There is a song on the CD Glory Revealed of this verse. It is beautiful.
Come Pray with Us @
Unequally Yoked Spouses Club
http://fulfilledprophecy.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=23327
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby ChurchGirl on Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:52 pm

So, I just found this thread. Church Girl comes from a Nicole C. Mullen CD where you can hear a "conversation" take place on the CD and you hear her say...when being told to conform to the world...Oh! You one of those Church Girllls? (very snotty)...and the come back is a cool like.

Yeah. I'm one of those CHURCH Girls, and I'm gonna bring it like this....and the the music pops off and it is really cool.
Come Pray with Us @
Praise the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus on November 18, 2006! Happy Anniversary!!
ChurchGirl

Postby mommyjen on Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:39 pm

ChurchGirl wrote:So, I just found this thread. Church Girl comes from a Nicole C. Mullen CD where you can hear a "conversation" take place on the CD and you hear her say...when being told to conform to the world...Oh! You one of those Church Girllls? (very snotty)...and the come back is a cool like.

Yeah. I'm one of those CHURCH Girls, and I'm gonna bring it like this....and the the music pops off and it is really cool.

Cool!

My name is pretty easy. I am a mommy and my name is Jen- lol! Not too much to get there! :banana:

Oh I just saw this is continued- maybe I aready posted this in the other one! Sorry if I did! LOL!
mommyjen

Postby Passion on Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:15 pm

Loop, as someone who dearly loves and was practically raised on the back of a horse, I loved your story! You are so blessed to have horses! :mrgreen:

When I was sitting here the day I signed up, trying to think up a name, suddenly "Passion" popped into my head. The thought occured to me of Jesus' Passion; and also I realized that these last couple of years I've gone from being a Christian who goes about her business, quietly loving God, to one who's become much more vocal and passionate about Him. So I guess it was a combination of the two.

There have been times though, when I thought of changing it.....because I wondered if some might get the wrong idea and think I meant sexual passion or something like that (yikes! :shock: ), and be offended. But I was thinking what a pain that would be, explaining to everyone that it was still me but with a different name, and why, etc....so I decided to leave it and figured that, if anyone was truly offended or suspicious, they could always just ask what the name meant, and I would be happy to explain. So I'm glad for this thread, thanks! :a2:
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

--Mica 7:7-8

Passion

Postby shepherd's pride on Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:51 pm

years ago, when i used to travel the highway to work, we used to talk to the truckers to find out about traffic back-ups, cops, accidents,etc. one time a trucker asked me what my handle was and the first thing that popped in my head was shepherd's pride and i wasn't even that into GOD at the time. so, when i was trying to think of a name for a christian message board that popped into my head again. i guess i just like to think that the Shepherd is proud of me all the time even though i mess up all the time. my name on other boards is dustman because my name is dusty, so if you see me anywhere, say hello. :wink:
come quickly LORD JESUS!!

thank you herb! :)
shepherd's pride

Names?

Postby mushwog on Fri May 04, 2007 9:50 am

My Name "Mushwog" I think I posted on another thread it means Emotional woman of God. My first name is Michelle so Mush is kind of short to say Michelle. Many of my friends say I'm emotional as I cry easly with people. Then my friends thought of the WOG part at a womans retreat years ago it means Woman of God. Put them together and you get Mushwog.

About my statement here on this site:
"Be still and know I'm God"
Why is that my statement here?
Not long ago about 3 weeks or so, I hit a bottom in a deep depression and wondering if God was still around me. I tried to take my life. As I began to drive my truck off the road I thought I would not die but live in pain and be disabled for the remainder of my life. I turned away at the last moment. I realized at that time I needed Him more than ever :cry: My sister Candy in on this board and encouraged me to come check out the fellowship here. So I did. She said a lot of the Christians here are real people who also struggle with how we all fit into Gods plans. I was hurt in church and lost hope of my faith. I was in leadership in church and felt like I could not continue the church games any more. I know so many people who are looking for the truth as I'am. I don't want to be deceved anymore. Every where I look I find more and more deception and it breaks my heart. I have had many losses in my life as many of you have. I will share my testamoni some time. But I came out of a very deep hole :( . Now I'm sure God has a reason for my life and wants me to Be Still and to Know He really is God. That is all I'm hanging on to as He says it in His word. I'm not out of the depression but I'm out of the dark hole I drove myself into. I know I'm His child because He keeped me in His hand during this time. I'm looking for a photo of a child in a big hand for my photo. Anyway I'm raw and broken right now. Each day I wake up I ask Him to keep me still and take away my fears as I have many. He reminds me of how the followers also had fears and He calmed them. This is all I can do now and pray for others. I can't debate on issues or give anything to this board but I can be real and raw right now. I don't go t church much or belong to a big picture organization, just His child. I'm glad to know He is God and I belong to him.
Nw that I wrote a book I will go for now.
Michelle AKA "Mushwog the clown" I't funny as I have a hard time even now to help others laugh. I'm kind of on a subatical in my job too.
But I know the joy of the Lord will again be my strength! i will wait for it to return :wink:
mushwog

Postby Salty Skipper on Fri May 04, 2007 10:35 am

Great testimony, Mushwog! :grin: God is so good, even when, and especially when, we are at out lowest points in life. He never leaves nor forsakes us and is always there to give us exactly what we need. I praise the Lord that you are here today because of Him! :grin:
Salty Skipper

Oh thanks!

Postby mushwog on Fri May 04, 2007 10:49 am

Oh thanks :cry:
I'm glad He is still working on me!
Michelle
mushwog

Postby titus2eleven on Wed May 30, 2007 4:47 am

My name is Titus2eleven because that is the beginning verse of one of my favorite scriptures:

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.
It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,
while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour, Jesus Christ,

So much of "Christianity" today teaches an "easy believism" that says all you have to do is believe and repeat some prayer and then God has to save you, no matter what... But that's not what His Word says. It says that we must repent and walk in the Light, just as Jesus is in the Light. That's what we must ALWAYS remember when we are tempted to luke-warmness and superficiality - which comes way too easily for most of us. So I use this scripture name as a reminder to myself and others how we are to be living as we "wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ."

My husband and I went to Israel last fall and we had new wedding bands made with a modified version of this scripture engraved upon them. His has the first part and mine has the second part. Here's how it reads (English pronunciation): (his) "Hatikvah hamevorechet lehofa'ato shel..." (mine) "Elohenu v'moshienu Yeshua haMashiach."

When asking our guide (an Israeli believer in Yeshua) to make the translation into Hebrew, he commented on the fact that we were making the break for the sentence on my husband's ring ending in the word "of" and said "You know you'll never be able to separate these rings, because it won't make any sense to end his in "...of..." We said, "I KNOW!! We won't ever separate these rings...or the wearers!"

So we choose to surround ourselves with daily reminders of the Blessed Hope of His Glorious Appearing and that reminds us to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives while we are waiting for that incredible moment!

Shalom.
"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say 'No' to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope--the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ." Titus 2:11-13
titus2eleven

Postby mouserpg on Wed May 30, 2007 5:33 am

I'm a small furry rodent. Many times in online games, "mouse" is almost always taken. So I just randomly added "rpg" to the end of it. I guess you could call me a mouse rocket propelled grenade? /shrug
mouserpg

Postby ChurchGirl on Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:58 pm

lol - I call you Mouser Peg in my head or Peg for short..I thought you liked cats...

Now though...your name is RPG fer sure. :wink:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby Passion on Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:23 pm

:lol: That's funny--within my strange mind I always called you "mouserpeg" as well!
"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me. Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

Passion

Postby mouserpg on Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:41 pm

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
mouserpg

Postby huhts on Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:14 pm

my name (pronounced "hoots") comes from an abbrev. of my finish last name, add 's' to the end.
huhtala, drop the ala, (huht) add s, huhts.
huhts

Postby mark s on Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:56 pm

Wow, I've sure loved reading all of your stories!

My screen name is the one my mom and dad gave me, but I like it a lot.

Actually, Mark is associated with "war" - Mars, the "god" of war, a Nordic battle hammer, that kind of thing,

and my middle name, Daniel, "God judges". . .

. . . together, they mean . . .

warrior of God's judgment

I think its cool!

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby AndCanItBe on Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:04 pm

I have an obvious one too, but it's one of my favorite hymns.

AND CAN IT BE THAT I SHOULD GAIN
AN INTEREST IN THE SAVIOUR'S BLOOD?
DIED HE FOR ME, WHO CAUSED HIS PAIN?
FOR ME, WHO HIM TO DEATH PURSUED?

CHORUS: AMAZING LOVE! HOW CAN IT BE
THAT THOU, MY GOD, SHOULDST DIE FOR
ME? X2

HE LEFT HIS FATHER'S THRONE ABOVE,
SO FREE, SO INFINITE HIS GRACE;
EMPTIED HIMSELF OF ALL BUT LOVE
AND BLED FOR ADAM'S HELPLESS RACE:

'TIS MERCY ALL, IMMENCE AND FREE;
FOR, O MY GOD, IT FOUND OUT ME. CHORUSX2

LONG MY IMPRISONED SPIRIT LAY,
FAST BOUND IN SIN AND NATURES NIGHT;
THINE EYE DIFFUSED A QUICKENING RAY,

MY CHAINS FELL OFF, MY HEART WAS
FREE;
I ROSE WENT FORTH, AND FOLLOWED
THEE. CHORUSX2

NO CONDEMNATION NOW I DREAD;
JESUS, AND ALL IN HIM, IS MINE!
ALIVE IN HIM, MY LIVING HEAD,
AND CLOTHED IN RIGHTEOUSNESS DIVINE,

BOLD I APPROACH THE ETERNAL THRONE,
AND CLAIM THE CROWN, THROUGH
CHRIST MY OWN. CHORUSX2
AndCanItBe

Postby mouserpg on Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:13 pm

mouserpg

Postby MacD23 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:44 pm

MacDaddy
MacD23
Supporting Member

Postby Passion on Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:45 pm

Nice prairie dog, mouser! (Is that a prairie dog?) :grin:

MacDaddy, I take it your name means you like Mac computers (I used to think you were a fan of McDonald's food, until you started using the apple! :mrgreen: )?

Passion

Postby mouserpg on Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:56 pm

Yeah, it is. :)
mouserpg

Postby ChurchGirl on Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:33 pm

huhts wrote:my name (pronounced "hoots") comes from an abbrev. of my finish last name, add 's' to the end.
huhtala, drop the ala, (huht) add s, huhts.

THANK YOU!!!

HOOTS!!

I couldn't decide between huts - huh tees - huh'huts -
:alrighty:
Come Pray with Us @
ChurchGirl

Postby CrystalClear on Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:25 am

The "why" of CrystalClear...

Every once in a while, I'll have a very vivid dream, which, unlike my normal ones, follows a specific thought in a precise manner, and the dream stays in my memory banks and does not fade. They also always involve Him.

This particular dream was a cupped hand holding up an extremely plain wine glass to a brilliantly backlit setting. The only notable thing about it was it was exceedingly fragile--a breath could break it. I asked why it was so very plain and soap-bubble-like...He was worthy of a strong, solid-gold, jewel-encrusted chalice!

Turns out, the very plain, almost-not-there glass is what He wants me to be for Him. He wants me to be absolutely crystal clear, with no adornment, so that His infilling will be what everyone sees. He wants me fragile so that His preserving power, finesse and tenderness will be displayed, because He has determined to be the only One Who can handle me without damage.

So, while time will tell whether this dream is true or not, and I often laugh at myself in the mirror because I feel more like a clod of dirt than a glass that could become suited to frame His glory, I'm willing to let Him make me...CrystalClear. :wink:
CrystalClear

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:26 pm

What a beautiful, personal message from the Lord, Crystal Clear. Thank you for sharing it.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Operator on Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:00 pm

Great posts everyone...

Mouserpg...I always called you mouser pg in my head...thought you liked rated pg stuff! LOL

Anyway - my name is kind of simple too. I used to be a Helpdesk Operator...(phone operator)...helping people with computer problems. And like Noble1 - I use Operator for all my online names...some have numbers after - and some don't.
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. Isaiah 43:18-19
Operator

Postby kazbo on Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:33 pm

Well, mine is not nearly as imaginative as some others here. Kaz because my initials are K.A.S. which when spoken, come out sounding like "kaz" and 'bo' because whenever I put in kaz or kas as a user name it's already taken. So I just stuck bo on the end and there you go.
Last edited by kazbo on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kazbo

Postby SueAnn on Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:21 pm

AndCanItBe wrote:I have an obvious one too, but it's one of my favorite hymns.

AND CAN IT BE THAT I SHOULD GAIN
AN INTEREST IN THE SAVIOUR'S BLOOD?
DIED HE FOR ME, WHO CAUSED HIS PAIN?
FOR ME, WHO HIM TO DEATH PURSUED?

CHORUS: AMAZING LOVE! HOW CAN IT BE
THAT THOU, MY GOD, SHOULDST DIE FOR
ME? X2

HE LEFT HIS FATHER'S THRONE ABOVE,
SO FREE, SO INFINITE HIS GRACE;
EMPTIED HIMSELF OF ALL BUT LOVE
AND BLED FOR ADAM'S HELPLESS RACE:

'TIS MERCY ALL, IMMENCE AND FREE;
FOR, O MY GOD, IT FOUND OUT ME. CHORUSX2

LONG MY IMPRISONED SPIRIT LAY,
FAST BOUND IN SIN AND NATURES NIGHT;
THINE EYE DIFFUSED A QUICKENING RAY,

MY CHAINS FELL OFF, MY HEART WAS
FREE;
I ROSE WENT FORTH, AND FOLLOWED
THEE. CHORUSX2

NO CONDEMNATION NOW I DREAD;
JESUS, AND ALL IN HIM, IS MINE!
ALIVE IN HIM, MY LIVING HEAD,
AND CLOTHED IN RIGHTEOUSNESS DIVINE,

BOLD I APPROACH THE ETERNAL THRONE,
AND CLAIM THE CROWN, THROUGH
CHRIST MY OWN. CHORUSX2

Oh! This is so beautiful, it made me cry. Thanks for sharing, ACIB.
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby SueAnn on Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:27 pm

Nice prairie dog, mouser! (Is that a prairie dog?) :grin:

I have never seen a prairie dog before! Just heard of them on western movies/TV shows. What an education I get here on this board. :wink: :bounce:
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby SueAnn on Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:31 pm

CrystalClear wrote:The "why" of CrystalClear...

Every once in a while, I'll have a very vivid dream, which, unlike my normal ones, follows a specific thought in a precise manner, and the dream stays in my memory banks and does not fade. They also always involve Him.

This particular dream was a cupped hand holding up an extremely plain wine glass to a brilliantly backlit setting. The only notable thing about it was it was exceedingly fragile--a breath could break it. I asked why it was so very plain and soap-bubble-like...He was worthy of a strong, solid-gold, jewel-encrusted chalice!

Turns out, the very plain, almost-not-there glass is what He wants me to be for Him. He wants me to be absolutely crystal clear, with no adornment, so that His infilling will be what everyone sees. He wants me fragile so that His preserving power, finesse and tenderness will be displayed, because He has determined to be the only One Who can handle me without damage.

So, while time will tell whether this dream is true or not, and I often laugh at myself in the mirror because I feel more like a clod of dirt than a glass that could become suited to frame His glory, I'm willing to let Him make me...CrystalClear. :wink:

Wow! This just blew me away. Thanks for sharing!
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby SueAnn on Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:35 pm

kazbo wrote:Well, mine is not nearly as imaginative as some others here. Kaz because my initials are K.A.S. which when spoken, come out sounding like "kaz" and 'bo' because whenever I put in kaz or kas as a user name it's already taken. So I just stuck bo on the end and there you go.

My first name is Kathie which means "pure" and my middle name is Ann which means "full of grace". Whew. Don't know if I've always lived up to that...

Ann means Full of grace? I did not know that! That is the second half of my name. I think Sue (a derivitive of the Hebrew Susannah, as is Susan, Suzanne, etc) means Lily (the flower). I do not know what the lily signifies in scripture. Do any of you know?
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby SueAnn on Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:53 pm

SueAnn is my real name, or actually in real life it is Sue Ann.

I use "SueAnn" on any online forum or chatroom. It is a special gift I give to God. I want to be "myself" online. I will not hide behind a fake name and behave in a manner that I would not do if I met someone face to face. This is not an endictment of those of you that chose clever nicknames to use here, instead of using your real name. Those of you that have chatted online will probably know what kind of person I am refering to. They abound, but not here.

I started chatting online in 1995. Unless you chat in a Christian channel it can get "rough" in some chat rooms. I never made a secret of the fact that I am a deeply spiritual person that attempts to translate that part of my life into the appropriate behavior in any area of my life. For the most part I have been received warmly in most chat areas. Sometimes I am asked to leave because people assume that I look down on them. I've also had really nasty receptions that frankly scared me.

I've had many people reprimand me for going into online chatrooms. Somehow they think that I defile myself by doing so. My response is this: Jesus sat and shared meals in people's houses..these folks were prostitutes and tax collectors (an evil occupation in those days). How can these people ever get a glimpse of the beauty that is Jesus if those who love Him avoid them like the plague for fear of getting dirty?

Anyway, wherever I go, I am Sue Ann.
And wherever I go, I invite Jesus to go with me.
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Postby proparent on Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:58 pm

I did foster care and daycare for over 10 years, so I was a "professional parent". So.......pro-parent!

Love, in Christ,
Lisa
proparent
Supporting Member

Postby smackbucket on Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:18 pm

Absolutely no meaning! I have used my real name for about a decade on other boards and decide that I would try a little anonymity. When I signed up and it asked for my name I really hadn't thought about it. The very first word that jumped into my head was "smackbucket." I have no idea where it came from in my weird brain, but I laughed out loud and decided to go with it.
smackbucket

Postby Always_Loved on Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:54 pm

I chose the name "Always_Loved" because it's the truth. I mean, I have the love of my parents, my family, and my friends, but this name is especially important to me because it reminds me of the eternal love and life given to me by God.
"The love of one person overwhelms the hatred of thousands. Surely the love of God overwhelms the hatred of all humanity and Hell combined! Therefore, the hatred of others cannot, will not get me down!"
Always_Loved

Postby Salty Skipper on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:29 pm

:wavewelcome: aboard, Always_Loved! And :a3: !
Salty Skipper

Next

Return to Dew Drop Inn