The meaning of your Internet name

....introduce youself grab a java and sit awhile

Postby MarvelousMom on Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:29 pm

:welcome: quiverfullmom and friendly55!!!

Hope you enjoy your time at FP...
Look forward to seeing you both around the board!

:armor:
M Mom

MarvelousMom
Supporting Member

Postby kloo on Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:54 pm

I needed a nickname on the spur of the moment fir IRC a few years ago and I just made kloo up. Any meaning was assigned after the fact.

:mrgreen:
In Jesus,

TerryC.
kloo

Postby BeTheMoon on Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:34 am

Hi Kloo and Friendly!

BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby Wayfarer on Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:38 pm

Wayfarer...just passing through...citizen of heaven, sojourner on this earth.
"And Lord haste the day when my faith shall be sight and the clouds be rolled back as a scroll. The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend. Even so, it is well with my soul."
Wayfarer

Postby praise YOU in this storm on Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:00 pm

Mine is the title of a song by Casting Crowns. No matter what storms we may have in this life or how bad they get, I will always PRAISE the ONE who gives and takes away even if my heart is torn!

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."
Revelation 1:8

"Since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them."
Romans 2:15
praise YOU in this storm

Postby AndCanItBe on Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:05 pm

I've got that album. I love that song, and most of their stuff. Good choice!
AndCanItBe

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:44 am

Wayfarer wrote:Wayfarer...just passing through...citizen of heaven, sojourner on this earth.

Love that! :grin:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby brandon on Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:57 am

Soon after walking away from God, my musical abilities started to move me to desiring to have a band. I was working on different names for myself throughout the first few years, and then at 17 I was in a Latin class, wherein I found the word "NEX."

It literally means "violent death." Perfect name for a metal kid, right? So, I stuck with variations of "NEX." My AIM screennames all involved the word "NEX." Everytime something major would happen in my life, I'd change my screenname. NEX because the name I gave myself during rebellion. The last NEX was the final one. I called it The Fifth Nex. It was my symbol that I was changing.

Now, that chapter of my life has closed, although I've produced enough music that I have kept the moniker for a few things, like the myspace page I have and my current screenname.

I produce music still, and my newer material is very intense electronic music with biblical spoken word. I'm contemplating adding some singing to it as well. This new music does not fall under the world of "NEX." It's new, it's fresh, it's Godly.

This new project's working under the moniker "Tabernacle of David," but that's quite changeable at this point.

My forum name is my real name. For too long "NEX" was a symbol of the ungodly life I was leading. Since I haven't decided on my new artist name, I've decided to go by my real name.
brandon

Postby kat on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:16 pm

I wish I had some cool reason or meaning to my name....it is just a nickname...breaking my christian name all the way DOWN...Katherine...Kathy (YUCK)....katie...kate...Kat.....usually go by Kate...unless you are a parent...or sibling by which case you'd call me Kathy...which I HATE....Kathy sounds like someone who would eat paste....I don't like it.lol
kat

Jamin

Postby Jamin H. Taylor on Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:40 pm

Jamin is actually my real name, but it means "Right hand of God" it's found in Genesis 26:10 among other places. He was a son of Simeon. There was a whole tribe of Jaminites.
Jamin H. Taylor

Postby kat on Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:33 pm

That's cool!!! Katherine means something about pure....Im not sure.
kat

Postby Weakling on Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:05 am

Until finding FP I've only logged on to one other board. On that board a someone rambled on that Christians were weak. I replied stating that I agreed with him leaning on the scripture below.
For 7 years I turned my back on God (Started with fellowshipping with unbelievers went downhill from there). I ended up with a serious drinking problem. 2 1/2 years ago I cried out to God to take away the problem admitting that I couldn't go through life without Him. Overnight he healed me of my alcohol addiction (literally! never had a single withdrawal symptom). Since then I've been back serving Him.
:a3:
Weakling

Postby AndCanItBe on Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:32 am

Great testimony, Weakling!
AndCanItBe

Postby BeTheMoon on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:24 pm

BeTheMoon
SITE ADMIN

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:54 pm

Weakling

:praise:

What a wonderful testimony to the love of God!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby BethelKid on Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:46 am

My childhood background includes child abuse and a vast number of issues that led me to being sent to a series of children's homes as a teenager. After some pretty rough experiences at the homes, I was sent to a place called Bethel, where I eventually was miraculously saved. Since Jacob in the Bible called Bethel the "house of God and the gateway to Heaven," I thought it was appropriate that the name of that children's home where Jesus changed my life was also called Bethel. So I came up with BethelKid...as a testimony of how the Lord can take any situation and use it for His glory, just like He did for a messed up kid like me who thought nobody loved me. Praise His wonderful name!!!!

"When my father and mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up."

Holly
BethelKid
Supporting Member

Postby kat on Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:04 pm

:hugs: From one survivor to another.....Wonderful testamony of the LOVE of our LORD!!! I am so glad that you found Him!!!!
kat

Postby Be still on Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:09 pm

:cry:
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby Heavenbound2 on Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:50 pm

Gidday there!
I happened to be in another Group forum and received this anonymous PM inviting me to join up in your "Fulfilled Prophecy Group forum" here. So here I am. I know I am heavenbound...and God bless you if you choice to be heavenbound 2.
Are You? :answerthequestion:
You must learn to love unconditionally, whether they disagree with you or not.
Heavenbound2

final dash to the fnish.

Postby Finaldash on Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:02 am

I have been using my internet name FINALDASH for everything internet related since 1997. Including my email and usernames of all types. It started when I first read The Sign by Van Kampen.
I thought during that time that we were so close to the end tmes that we were in our FINAL DASH towards the Lord at the finish line. I was also a sprinter in school and that is probably why those words came to mind.

David
Finaldash
Supporting Member

Postby OBXBob on Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:10 am

:wavewelcome: Heavenbound2!

It's great to have you join us!

Blessings,

Bob
OBXBob

Postby Earalav on Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:54 pm

Earalav has been with me since I was a very young child. My parents bought me one of those personalized books. It was about a giraffe named Earalav. You see, they put the child's name in the book backwards as the animal's name....

.....that's RIGHT! My name is ....

.....Valarae!

I know it isn't terribly creative or inspirational but I wanted to post something the night I joined and I was too tired to be creative.

:cheeky:
Earalav

Postby Be still on Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:33 pm

That's very interesting! :mrgreen:
YSIC, Karen
Be still

Postby Lookfortruth on Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:51 pm

Earalav,
That is way cool :banana:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby kat on Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:31 pm

Hey Earalav...I wondered if your name was Valarae....when we were kids we'd spell our names backward...I am etak...HA!!! At least you were being more creative with your name than me...mine is just one of the many nicknames I have had growing up. I wasn't feeling very creative when I logged on either...but that's ok....You are a wonderful addition to our fun-loving and blessed, motley group we have here!!
kat

Postby T_W_M on Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:16 pm

T_W_M = The Wondering Man
T_W_M

Postby Salty Skipper on Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:20 pm

:grin:
Salty Skipper

Postby grace2all on Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:31 pm

Hi Earalav,

I sent you a PM.

Aloha,
Janell
grace2all
Supporting Member

Ooohh this is a fun one!

Postby Hippiechic on Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:17 pm

Well, for the last five years, I have been discovering who I am... Long story but a good one! Anyway, my husband came to me one day about three months ago and said, "I just figured it out! Your a hippiechick!" He then began to quiz me on things that I liked by answering thumbs up or thumbs down, and he was right! So funny! Anyway, I adopted the screenname minus the k at the end cuz I'm more chic than chick (actually, I just liked it better that way!! :lol:
Jesus loves me for who I am,
and He loves you for who you are too!
Becca
Hippiechic

Postby ChrisJ on Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:24 pm

Hi guys!

What a wonderful bunch of Jesus Branches you all are! (um, been studying a lot on abiding lately...hee hee)

My name is ChrisJ because <drum roll please> that's my name!

love you all,
ChrisJ (see? there itis again!)

:typing:
ChrisJ

Postby Lookfortruth on Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:55 pm

You know, I have been wanting to say this for a while. But the guy who started this thread, habakkuk15, or Johnny as I know him, Is dying of cancer. He has been a great friend to me for a few years now. Many of you remember him....please remember him now. I was very sad when he left FP. The meaning of his name.....well, just look it up. I would just ask for all of you to pray for him and his wife Mary. My husband & I love them dearly, and this thread was the sort of thing he would do. He is very near his end now. We talk everyday, and he needs lifted up. I know his heart is still here at FP, even though he remembers all the fighting long ago. Please keep this thread alive, Our internet names say a lot about who we are. He would also like to see us all have fun here. Johnny from New Hampshire, you will always be a part of FP! :a2:
Candy
Lookfortruth

Postby Salty Skipper on Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:00 am

Johnny,

I'll be praying for you and your family. The Lord is able to see you through. The older I get, the more I come to realize...whether we live, or whether we die, we do so unto the Lord. Praise be to god! He is able, and His victory has become our victory!

We love you, Johnny. Looking forward to meeting you someday.
Salty Skipper

Postby proparent on Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:01 pm

Praying for the peace that passes all understanding, and for a heart that longs for home, and comfort for all who watch and wait.

Love, In Christ,
Lisa
proparent
Supporting Member

Postby AndCanItBe on Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:03 pm

:praying:
AndCanItBe

Postby Herr_Earalav on Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:09 pm

Greetings all! It is interesting to see where everyone's internet ID comes from. :-)

Herr_Earalav is first a link to my lovely wife (See earlier post) and a reflection on my own Germanic background. It is a bit of a break for me, though, as I have used the name "Karmack" for many years on various boards. So if I sign something with that name, I apologize. :-)

Karmack has the virtue of being unique. I have never had to register with a number after it. I don't think Herr_Earalav is going to give me any problems, though.

Nothing inspirational, I'm afraid. Just a good solid link to my better half!
"My religion teaches me that I am as safe in battle as in bed. If all men believed this way, all men would be equally brave." - Gen. Thomas "Stone Wall" Jackson
Herr_Earalav

Postby ChrisJ on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:02 am

praying for habbakuk 15
ChrisJ

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:26 pm

For the sake of those (including me) who are still using a dial-up to the internet, I think close this thread and start a "Part 2." This one is so long that it takes a long time to load.

It's such fun reading all the meanings behind everyone's internet user name, I'm hoping it continues!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to Dew Drop Inn