Ex-pastor on trial charges of sexual abuse of minors

News about humankind's turning from God.

Ex-pastor on trial charges of sexual abuse of minors

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:44 pm

Ex-pastor, ROC founder Geronimo Aguilar goes on trial Monday on charges of sexual abuse of minors

*Snips*

Geronimo Aguilar, the former South Richmond pastor who once commanded huge audiences with his charismatic sermons, will be in a Texas courtroom this week, fighting to avoid life in prison.

Jury selection is set to start Monday for Aguilar, 45, who is accused in Tarrant County Court in Fort Worth, Texas, of sexually abusing an 11-year-old girl and her 13-year-old sister in the 1990s.

Just three years ago, Aguilar was riding high, preaching to packed crowds at the Richmond Outreach Center and leading a house of worship with millions of dollars in assets, including about 10 nonprofit organizations — including a real estate foundation, cafe, thrift store, fitness center, child care center and clothing line, plus a tutoring company in Florida.

He was the face of the ROC and an undisputed hero to the thousands who flocked each Saturday night to hear him preach the Gospel in a rock concert setting.

“If this is the best the devil’s got, he ain’t got a chance,” the defiant pastor said to deafening cheers.

The church’s website makes no mention of its founder, once the very public face of the multimedia operation. There are no videos or pictures, and recordings of his sermons have been wiped away.

There also are far fewer cars in the parking lots Wednesday and Saturday nights. One service last year had about half as many people as a year earlier.

more
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Re: Ex-pastor on trial charges of sexual abuse of minors

Postby imirish01 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:55 pm

As having helped prosecute a couple of church leaders, including a youth pastor, I know how devistating it is to a church when a leader chooses to sin sexually by touching a child. The church is split with wanting to stay together, with wanting to forgive, with wanting to support( I pray) the children and with grieving. The weaker (not in faith) ones leave.

I hate how the enemy gets the leaders and I especially hate how the leaders listen to the enemy!

I hate how children are touched and hurt by someone preaching Jesus. I hate how a church can turn on the children and run to the offender. I hate these cases and can't wait until He returns and makes all things right.
imirish01

Re: Ex-pastor on trial charges of sexual abuse of minors

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:03 pm

Amen, imirish01. There can be little doubt that these things cause the shipwreck of the faith of many. They were trusted.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Return to Apostasy Watch