Barrage of Atheist Commercials

News about humankind's turning from God.

Barrage of Atheist Commercials

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:00 pm

For the past several days, these two web sites have been bombarding CNN with their commercials. Has anyone else seen them?

Ron Reagan FFRF ad now on CNN, banned by CBS, ABC, NBC -

A 30-second TV spot recorded by Ron Reagan for the Freedom From Religion Foundation has been refused by the three major networks, ABC, NBC and CBS. Meanwhile, the ads have been airing successfully on CNN last week and this week.

The banned ad says:

Hi, I'm Ron Reagan, an unabashed atheist, and I'm alarmed by the intrusion of religion into our secular government. That's why I'm asking you to support the Freedom From Religion Foundation, the nation's largest and most effective association of atheists and agnostics, working to keep state and church separate, just like our Founding Fathers intended. Please support the Freedom From Religion Foundation. Ron Reagan, lifelong atheist, not afraid of burning in hell.

more

----------------------------------------------------------------
Stand up for your rights

American Atheists fights to protect the absolute separation of religion from government and raise the profile of atheism in the public discourse.

Since 1963, American Atheists has been taking the principled and uncompromising position that our government should give no special treatment or preference to religious belief. Through lawsuits, innovative public relations campaigns, and education, we are working to normalize atheism and allow more and more people to set aside religious belief and superstition.

more
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Re: Barrage of Atheist Commercials

Postby burien1 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:26 am

I rarely ever watch CNN. It's nickname "Communist News Network" suits them all too well for my liking. Not surprised in the least that they would air a commercial like that.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:46 am

One of my favorite anchors is Wolfe Blitzer. His show airs at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. and I normally watch both. I'll bet in the past several days, I've seen the Regan commercial 4-5 times each day during those timeframes. It's shocking.

Then this morning (sometime around 2 a.m. I think) I woke up and discovered I had left my tv on. There was a program on featuring a man who had previously been a pastor and lost his faith. He now hosts groups of atheists intent on making the world a better place without all the "fantasies" surrounding the belief in God.

It seems what the atheists have missed is a cohesive network similar to what churches and Christians have to promote their beliefs. Enter...atheist networks. :(
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:18 am

Abiding in His Word wrote:One of my favorite anchors is Wolfe Blitzer.

Just wanted to add he lives with his wife in Bethesda, Md. He is fluent in Hebrew and his parents were holocaust survivors so he is greatly interested in the U.S.'s relationship with Israel.

link
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jericho on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:21 am

Such a shame the son of the great Ronald Reagan turned out to be so antithetical to his father. The Founding Fathers wanted freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:27 am

Yes, Jericho. A friend just sent me a short 4 min. video of Ronald Regan on his knees. I haven't watched it yet but what a contrast between father and son.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/OvN1jTkzXbY?rel=0
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Mark F on Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:55 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:Yes, Jericho. A friend just sent me a short 4 min. video of Ronald Regan on his knees. I haven't watched it yet but what a contrast between father and son.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/OvN1jTkzXbY?rel=0

Ronald Regan's words in that 5 minute video clip contained more integrity, intelligence, and truth than all the speeches that have been given in the last 6 years......

Where are the men like Ronald Regan, will you please stand up?
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Find a seven year covenant Jesus makes with anybody plainly stated in Scripture.
Mark F

Postby Exit40 on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:14 am

Sen Cruz is running for pres as a Reagan conservative. Perhaps that is why the anti Reagan commercials are playing. I mean, it's early yet, can they call Cruz evil so early ? Which brings up another point, why so much anger and hate ? why must we all believe the same, in what the liberals believe, or be labeled as evil ourselves ? I think we know why.

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:47 pm

Exit40 wrote:Sen Cruz is running for pres as a Reagan conservative. Perhaps that is why the anti Reagan commercials are playing. I mean, it's early yet, can they call Cruz evil so early ? Which brings up another point, why so much anger and hate ? why must we all believe the same, in what the liberals believe, or be labeled as evil ourselves ? I think we know why.

Holly makes an interesting observation between Cruz, his father, and a possible connection to the NAR.

Interestingly, some researchers have sought to show close ties between Ted Cruz’s minister father, Rafael Cruz, and the NAR movement. See one such report here (notice the NAR teachings referenced in the article, including “divine government” (a reference to apostle-led government), the “end-time transfer of wealth,” and dominionism). Does Ted Cruz also have ties to the NAR? This is something to watch.

here
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Mark F on Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:07 pm

That should cause Christians concern.

Thanks Abiding.
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Find a seven year covenant Jesus makes with anybody plainly stated in Scripture.
Mark F

Postby sacredcowbasher on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:49 pm

I want to be careful how I say this so as not to unfairly criticize President Reagan's son Ron. I have only listened to him speak about three or four times in interviews and yes, I have seen the commercial that Abiding has referred to.

What I always see in Ron is an underlying anger. He speaks ill of his father in a certain rebellious matter of fact way, like he wants to set the record straight about his father. My guess is that his he and his father did not have a great relationship. Maybe dad found it difficult to relate to him, I don't know. Maybe he feels he was neglected by a father who was too busy.

I know my heart goes out to him whenever I hear him speak. I don't think he is a happy person and you can tell when you see how hard he tries when he speaks. I pray that he will find the missing piece of his life which will change his life for all eternity.
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby Jericho on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:51 am

sacredcowbasher wrote:What I always see in Ron is an underlying anger. He speaks ill of his father in a certain rebellious matter of fact way, like he wants to set the record straight about his father. My guess is that his he and his father did not have a great relationship. Maybe dad found it difficult to relate to him, I don't know. Maybe he feels he was neglected by a father who was too busy.

I find it interesting that Ron Reagan and his sister Patti Davis are both liberal. But his adopted son, Michael Reagan, from his first marriage is Conservative. His other daughter, Maureen Reagan, also from his first marriage was politically Conservative but socially liberal. I'm not sure what that implies, if anything. It is curious how someone can turn out to be so different from their parents. I don't know enough about their lives to speculate how that happened.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:33 am

I can imagine Ron Jr.'s anger in some ways since I read he was involved in ballet dancing and was suspected of being gay for a long time. It wouldn't be far fetched to imagine some of the cruelty he experienced as a result...perhaps even by his parents. Speculation, of course.

A close friend of mine always reminded me that anger "masks" pain.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby sacredcowbasher on Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:40 am

Abiding in His Word wrote:
A close friend of mine always reminded me that anger "masks" pain.

Excellent Abiding, this must be why my heart goes out to him whenever I see and hear him.

Jericho it is interesting how people turn out. I can see why Maureen would be socially liberal. Nancy, who may not have been her biological mother, was such. Nancy was Ronald's second wife. Nancy was a very sweet lady but when she contacted an astrologer after the assassination attempt, it revealed that her trust was not in the Lord.
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Return to Apostasy Watch