Muslims to Pray at Washington’s National Cathedral

News about humankind's turning from God.

Muslims to Pray at Washington’s National Cathedral

Postby Exit40 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:55 am

Muslims to Offer Jumaa Prayers at Washington’s National Cathedral
November 12, 2014 By: Heather Clark

National Cathedral Credit Mina EliasWASHINGTON – For the first time in American history, Muslims will offer prayers at the historic National Cathedral located in the heart of Washington, D.C., likely raising concerns from many across the country.

While the national cathedral has hosted interfaith gatherings in the past, the Islamic Jumaa prayers to be presented this Friday at the historic Episcopalian site will be the first of its kind. According to reports, the idea for the invitation originated during the planning stage for the memorial service for African apartheid leader Nelson Mandela as talks between the cathedral’s liturgical director, Gina Campbell, and South African Ambassador Ebrahim Rasool took place.

The cathedral states that the goal of the event is to facilitate greater acceptance between Christians and Muslims, calling the Islamic Jumaa prayers at the house of worship a “powerful symbolic gesture.”

“Leaders believe offering Muslim prayers at the Christian cathedral shows more than hospitality,” representatives for the National Cathedral wrote in a press release about the matter. “It demonstrates an appreciation of one another’s prayer traditions and is a powerful symbolic gesture toward a deeper relationship between the two Abrahamic traditions.”...

Continues

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Return to Apostasy Watch