33% of Mainline Pastors Deny the Resurrection of Jesus

News about humankind's turning from God.

33% of Mainline Pastors Deny the Resurrection of Jesus

Postby eschologizer on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:28 pm

A 2001 study states that 33% of mainline Christian pastors deny the physical resurrection of Jesus.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/resurrec8.htm

My question is, why are they still "Christian" pastors?!?!?

Can we say they are just ignorant of Christian theology? No we cannot. Most pastors have seminary degrees!

Can we say they are just struggling with doubts like we all do? No we cannot. The survey seems to entail an explicit denial of the resurrection. And besides, if they changed their mind about the resurrection, they had plenty of time to quit seminary.

Can we say they are being dishonest about their views? Yes, yes absolutely. Every Easter they go to church, read the empty tomb story, and talk about the resurrection in their liturgical presentation. Yet, it seems they don't clarify for the congregation that what they mean by resurrection is TOTALLY DIFFERENT than what everyone else means by it.

I would like to remind them, that its pretty hard to be a Jewish Messiah and simultaneously be dead. If Jesus remains dead, then he is not the Jewish Messiah in any meaningful sense.

This survey was back in 2001. Imagine how much worse it's gotten!

Regardless of the motivation of a non-Christian to become a pastor, its a very dishonest and deceptive motivation. Very underhanded, to put it quit nicely.

Seems like we got some "wolves" dressed up as lambs here.......
"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

http://www.euprophecynews.com/
eschologizer

Re: 33% of Mainline Pastors Deny the Resurrection of Jesus

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:41 pm

All I can say is the proof IS in the pudding.......

the sheeple need to quit following those wolves and seek Christ first, and all things will be added unto them......
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby drdos on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:05 am

According to Scripture They went out from us, because they were never part of us. Scripture also says anyone who denies the resurrection of Christ is Anti-Christ.
drdos

Postby imirish01 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:11 pm

Not mine! May the good Lord bless him for preaching the word as he should!
imirish01

Postby T-Minus? on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:19 am

I guess they must have missed the Apostle Paul saying " if Christ be not risen your faith is in vain", Maranatha!!
T-Minus?

Postby sacredcowbasher on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:20 pm

This group of pastors are right in line with the Jehovah Witnesses who believe that Jesus rose in spirit body only.

I'm wondering if all of the psychology that is taught in seminaries now is the result of such belief. I'm told there is very little teaching on the Holy Spirit in most Christian Universities.
sacredcowbasher

Return to Apostasy Watch