"Possibilities Church"

News about humankind's turning from God.

"Possibilities Church"

Postby Pretzelogical on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:46 pm

http://possibilitieschurch.com/

Check out the logo.
Check out the info.
Pray!
Pretzelogical

Re: "Possibilities Church"

Postby nike on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:33 pm

Oh, dear! Pretzel, where do you trip over sites like that?
nike

Postby Pretzelogical on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:26 pm

These *Christians* who deny Jesus is God in the flesh and do not repent because they do not see their deeds are evil come across my path continually. This prosperitity club is in the Cincinnati area with a sister *church* in Dayton, Ohio. What is really creepy is I googled "clergy response teams" and this church came up along with reports of the pastors working for FEMA and Homeland Security. I appreciate you looking at it, Nike. That logo of sun and moon worship with the clock at 11:00 is bizarre for a prosperity praising people.

We believe that God created humanity in His image and that every person is a person of divine potential.

We believe that Jesus Christ is the highest revelation of God to Humanity and that in His life, death, and resurrection the way has been made for all to experience eternal life.

We believe that the Bible contains the Word of God, that scripture interprets scripture, that scripture is understood in context, and that "by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established".

We believe that the infilling of the Holy Spirit promised by Jesus empowers and enables us to live a life of victory and joy.

We believe that healing and miracles are for today, "that Jesus Christ really is the same yesterday, today, and forever".

We believe that God desires to prosper every believer, that prosperity is a reflection of a person's attitude toward God and themselves, and that provision has been made for your prosperity.

We believe that we shall all stand before Christ and give an account of our lives.

We believe in grace.

Copyright © 2007-2008 Possibilities Church | Design by Kris Hatcher | Hosting by HostMonster

Pretzelogical

Postby Pretzelogical on Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:56 pm

Pretzelogical

Postby Swayde on Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:39 am

We believe that God created humanity in His image and that every person is a person of divine potential.

:humm:
~Barbara
Swayde

Postby pegmo on Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:58 am

That word "wholistic" has been popping up in our church language recently....I am going to have to watch that carefully!
pegmo

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:24 am

Pretzelogical wrote:http://www.wholisticworldvision.org/

Wholistic World Vision

Hi Pretzelogical,

Is there a link from the Possibilities Church to this WholisticWorldVision church? I didn't see one there. I'm trying to figure out how we got from one to the other and their connection.

I also didn't find reference to the denial of Jesus Christ as God come in the flesh. Did I miss it?
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Pretzelogical on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:38 am

(Again, just going back to the site and seeing that logo totally creeped me.)

Hi Abiding - you said:
Is there a link from the Possibilities Church to this WholisticWorldVision church?

No. Nor is there a link to Joel Osteen or Rick Warren or the Pope who teach *purpose living* instead of surrender to Jesus. They have their own small niche.

I also didn't find reference to the denial of Jesus Christ as God come in the flesh. Did I miss it?

Yep, you missed it. Bold on the homepage is their god praised; it is the "Force of Favor". It is about *using the force, Luke* by *choosing wisely, Grasshopper*, and other eastern mysticism God hates and exposed in Ezekiel 8. We are there again now. These abominations are worshiped by the priests in the temple and longed for. Those of the royal priesthood (NT) have turned their backs on the altar, watch the east, and see the false religions crying for unity. (Read that chapter. So horrific. So like today's apostasy.)

On the "about us" *purpose statement* page:
Why should you be a part? The message of Possibilities Church is positive and practical. You’ll discover the tools that you need to move to your next level of living. At Possibilities Church we believe that every person is a person of potential and we promise to do all that we can to help you reach yours.

Call on Christ and you shall be saved vs. tools and help yourself. I could go on and on about what all is false and wrong on this page.

From their belief statement page:

This is saying what Satan keeps saying, "I can be like God." The word potential is huge:
Potential is when you are already in position (no need to be saved) and just need "a force" (their false god) for you to achieve (your sacrifice/work/gift) the highest level (purpose). Potential is being in the right place when the idol gives favor because you choose to do what is best for the common good instead of for yourself.

As a former science teacher, I cannot resist: We have a toy that throws a ball up in the air so you can hit it with a bat. (This cheap thing is great!) The ball (a person) is at rest, in position think they are saved), sitting on top of the spring (the force of favor) that is pushed down and moving toward release. The force is released on the ball, which obeys that direction and the ball goes to the highest level. To believe the ball had the potential to reach the moon is to ignore all reality and live in fantasy faith. No matter how sincere you are, the force is too weak. Just because you observe the force, it is foolish to worship it and ascribe it powers that it has not revealed to you in word or deed.

We believe that Jesus Christ is the highest revelation of God to Humanity and that in His life, death, and resurrection the way has been made for all to experience eternal life.

Again, this is so blatant in its blasphemy. Remember, you have to use their definitions when they are speaking. You can't use your own definitions when they differ in order to get what they are saying. Jesus isn't "the highest revelation" one can attain and not everyone will experience eternal life. It is a gift of God that no one can earn. Jesus made the way through repentance, not by rising to the highest level of knowledge and using proper tools correctly. "When you know this, you will be like God!"

We believe that the Bible contains the Word of God, that scripture interprets scripture, that scripture is understood in context, and that "by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established".

What else does the Bible "contain". The Bible does not just "contain" the Word of God, it is the very word of God. And instead of quoting the scripture about the word being true because God spoke it; they quote that if they say it is true, then it is true. The witness verse was not given to be applied for deciding if the word is true. It was for giving testimony of experience.

We believe that the infilling of the Holy Spirit promised by Jesus empowers and enables us to live a life of victory and joy.

Nothing is said about the Holy Spirit being God. They think it is a "force of favor" to make them happy and powerful. Simeon wanted to buy the Holy Spirit, remember? At this church, they give you the tools to get it for free and help you use the tools. Then they judge you if you are not showing proper use of the tools. The false teaching that the Holy Spirit is earned is rampant throughout those who claim Christ.

We believe that healing and miracles are for today, "that Jesus Christ really is the same yesterday, today, and forever".

What a sloppy paraphrase that adds "really" as if the person who wrote it discovered this truth on their own (became enlightened) instead of the word stating this truth. So subtle a transfer of control. Jesus would place emphasis at the beginning of the statement of truth to emphasize the statement, not the discovery of it. "Truly, truly, I say unto you..." vs. Hey cool! "...He really is the same..." I see it now! Interesting this verse is used to support the miracles, but not the deity of Jesus. Logically, if Jesus is always the same, then how did he reach the "highest revelation"? Jesus has always been God. He didn't show us how to use tools the way He did in order to reach the highest level. This is what they teach.

We believe that God desires to prosper every believer, that prosperity is a reflection of a person's attitude toward God and themselves, and that provision has been made for your prosperity.

This is a sick and damaging thing for people to get wrapped up in. In order to prove to one another that they are enlightened, they must be prosperous. Like Jesus? There are churches teaching that Jesus had lakefront property all around the Sea of Galilee and the leaders killed Him to get His land. They killed Jesus because He said He was God! So then, if they are not prosperous, they need an attitude adjustment to "find the force of favor". This is like the book, "The Secret" and Jesus debunked this in John when he healed the man born blind. They do not know the word of God and are abusing it terribly. These are blind leaders leading others to fall in the pit. These are like Pharisees who make disciples like themselves - prosperous.

We believe that we shall all stand before Christ and give an account of our lives.

Wow, do they have that one wrong! They will kneel before His throne, unworthy to stand in His presence, and will be cast away. Strange wording, "of our lives" because at that point, they will know their life belonged to Him because He made them yet they made idols for themselves.

We believe in grace.

God is also just. How foolish to ignore/deny that huge characteristic of God!

EVERYTHING coming across my path these days is linked with:
...choose your destiny from endless possibilities
...become divine as Christ, Buddha and others WERE
...do not fear God, but join hands with others and love will save us all together
...it is criminal, rude and selfish to be a downer, and those who are have severe metal problems that if they refuse to join hands in the love, they need to be medicated for enlightenment. Everyone is needed in the unity.
...better that unenlightened ones die than for the whole planet to die. (Caiphus)
... it is ignorant to not believe in (the religion of science) that *proves* beyond our perception of reality.
...having your individual purpose just happens to be the same as everyone else's - unity with those who do not believe

Scripture says:
...choose to surrender and serve Jesus
...Jesus is God in the flesh, not an enlightened one like they are striving to be
...Fear God.
...It is unloving to not share the good news of salvation, so be bold.
...Christ died once for all. Consider it joy to join in His sufferings.
...Jesus made the world, all that is in it, and he holds it all together.
...Have nothing to do with double-minded men.

It is not fun having to expose the traps of the evil one. Come out of her - the harlot religions that ride on the beast of prosperity as Balaam did! We are warned of him in the the NT. He has way too many captives! Be prepared to give an answer for the hope you have in Christ Jesus!

Jesus was not just divine. He was and is and will forever be God. Praise and glory to Him forever and ever.
He did not achieve anything. He came to conquor death and set the captives free. That is what He did for each person as an individual and not as a group-think. And those He sets free are free indeed! Amen!

(edited right after I posted it.)
Pretzelogical

Postby Mrs. B on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:10 am

Possibilities Church.....

Pretzelogical......very well put....

Jesus said....If it were Possible even the very elect will be deceived.....

Mrs. B
Mrs. B

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:13 am

Yep, you missed it. Bold on the homepage is their god praised; it is the "Force of Favor".

:lol: Indeed I did. Thank you!
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Pretzelogical on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:34 am

That word "holistic" has been popping up in our church language recently....I am going to have to watch that carefully!

That is a huge. It involves the idea that we are all one - "we are the world" and we each need to be whole so when we are combined we will attain favor from God.

We are the world serving the world vs. serve one another
accomplish good for all vs. "they will see your good works and praise your Father in heaven"
Work alongside Habitat through Humanity to build a house vs. build a house for your believing brother

The trouble is, we don't know who is a believing brother. Non-believing seekers who claim to love God and "believe in Jesus" and have "asked Jesus into their hearts" have not
surrendered to Him as God
and they may take advantage of the generous. People's love grows cold in that environment of fear. Ironic, and so subtle. By "lovingly" worshiping alongside seekers, the result is we do not care for one another out of fear of "being taken". Trust is gone. It is so clear throughout the entire scriptures to keep the unbelievers out of the gatherings of believers. Go to the unbelievers. Gather with the believers. When times get tough, wolves will fleece the flock or the flock's hearts will grow cold.

Quick off the top of my head - this is what I understand the "vision" of God's church to be:
Jesus is God. They killed him for claiming so. He did it for you. He is now alive and seated on His throne. Do you believe this? Then start confessing how you how offended Him, the Holy, Pure and Righteous Loving Almighty Eternal God of His world that He created and holds together.
...or you can embrace the crowd. Obey man, and show people that "you are something".

When you serve the believers, you are serving Jesus, so there isn't any ritual, rule, cost or boss involved. Jesus is the head of the church and all the rest are members of the body. No one is to Lord over you so no weirdness of others is put on you. Love one another. Submit to one another. Owe no man. Your debt is to Jesus. You can never repay it. Thank Him and serve Him with joy! God will give that desire to your heart. Psalm 37:4

If your pastor had the "vision" for his church revealed to him - come out of her!
God gave the vision for His church in the scriptures.
Do not accept a man's vision, submit to it, or worship alongside those who do.
Worship alongside the believers and care for one another, rebuke one another, submit to one another...just as Jesus commands.

Praying for you to be in the word, to speak it boldly, and to be shielded with faith to put out those fiery darts!
:a3:
Pretzelogical

Postby Pretzelogical on Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:58 am

If it were Possible even the very elect will be deceived.....

I laughed outloud - *if your religion is possibilities" then you are deceived.
and then grew very sad that false religion has been right in front of me all along and I just now am getting how it all connects; that Jesus named the very deception that would be used in the end - "possible".

Another note about forces. You know these are just theories right?
Before Newton, I would have given God credit for holding me on the planet and making sure things fall to the ground every time in order to give me a reality that made sense. I would have credited God for his grace in being consistent with His power. If He didn't, then things would go in random direction, causing chaos. I would then have to constantly focus on directing everything in my environment into order. Rising above the chaos would require us all to link into a web together. There would be no freedom nor individuality in that. It is a gift of God that He created and maintains an orderly world for us. Chaos requires teamwork and He saves individuals, not groups. Gravity. Grave. The theory of gravity has been the basis of science theory for centuries now. There is another force that is not controlled by gravity. That statement makes the whole quantum physics theory collapse in an instant. E does not = MC squared has been proven. Einstein himself said so. It is a fantasy faith. I believe God holds things in place and that He holds everything together in mathematical precision that can be measured and observed. Gravity does rule things nor create anything except false religions.

A buzzword not to be confused by is "discovered" for it often means "invented" afterall, people noticed things fell to the ground long before Newton "discovered" this to occur. He invented a theory, defined its terms, developed mathematical hypotheses, wrote proofs of his theory...this is what science has been. Probability has taken over the mathematics curriculum and the science lab. It is all fantasy. Jesus and the disciples were given power over the "rules of nature". Nature doesn't rule. Jesus reigns! Amen! Don't be fooled by mother nature. (I choose not to capitalize that false god.)
:dramaqueen:
Pretzelogical

Postby pegmo on Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:21 pm

Pretzelogical wrote:
That word "holistic" has been popping up in our church language recently....I am going to have to watch that carefully!

That is a huge. It involves the idea that we are all one - "we are the world" and we each need to be whole so when we are combined we will attain favor from God.

We are the world serving the world vs. serve one another
accomplish good for all vs. "they will see your good works and praise your Father in heaven"
Work alongside Habitat through Humanity to build a house vs. build a house for your believing brother

Praying for you to be in the word, to speak it boldly, and to be shielded with faith to put out those fiery darts!

Ok, here is one context in which they are using the word "holistic" at church-its one of the aspirational values:
Aspirational Values: Holistic Community of Faith
-the Gospel to the Unsaved (Mathew 28:19, 20)
-Acts of Compassion to God's People (Acts 2:45)
-Acts of Compassion to the Poor, the Widows and Orphans (James 1:27)

So do I need to be concerned?? Maybe I should check around and see how else this term is being applied.....
pegmo

Postby Pretzelogical on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:51 pm

Mrs. B can be counted on to get the verses to you that you need for clear understanding! I had the following in my files from 2005 by a Sharon Leslie. It charts the progression of apostasy to the abominable beast system, in the author's opinion. It has been heart-wrenching to watch the transition and now we are seeing the reformation. Would love to hear what ya'll think about what this chart says. Perhaps you could take these statements to your pastor and ask him to tell you what he thinks of each statement. If he is accepting of the reformation of the gospel, come out of her! If he tries to gloss it all over as "out of the box", then you have a responsibility to warn the others of the false prophet, in my opinion. RT has had to go through this type of thing, if I am remembering correctly. LORD knows I have! Ain't easy, and ain't fun, but so freeing and cleansing!
I pray we will not be deceived! Praying for the flock...

1st REFORMATION

TRANSITION Phase

2nd REFORMATION

Sola Scriptura: Scripture alone
The Bible is the only inspired and authoritative Word of God and is accessible to all, perspicuous and self-interpreting.

Promulgating anything NEW: interpretations of the Word, understandings, revelations, a “new move of the Spirit”, etc.
Sloppy methods of biblical exegesis; bizarre eschatologies.
The Gnostic idea that God is now bringing in “secret” or “new” teachings to the Church because it is becoming properly “aligned” for the 3rd Millennium (see below)

New revelation supersedes the Word of God.
Vision-casting, goals, strategic plans, mission, vision, values, core goals and covenants supplant Scripture.
Either: 1) a complete re-working of traditional theology to incorporate the new doctrines and practices, or 2) more New Age Bible versions, or 3) additional writings added to the 66 books of the Bible canon.

Solus Christus: Christ alone
Jesus Christ is the exclusive mediator between God and man.
No man or structure comes in between the believer and God.
The priesthood of all believers.

Creating an interlocking network of cells, small groups, house churches.
“Emergent” doctrines about ecclesiology, including a broader definition of “church” in the context of the “spheres” of culture.
New ideas about “laity”, new structures for accountability, new mediators.
Extra-denominational.
Extreme leadership focus, everyone trained to be a leader.

A new authority structure that is hierarchical based on cells, city-wide church, regional, national and global structures.
Believers must submit, in the context of a restructured church (cell model), to apostolic leadership.
Replicating churches by “cellular DNA”, using sophisticated psycho-social marketing techniques and coercion.
Based upon a blueprint from 1800s German evolutionary mysticism known as General Systems Theory.

Sola Gratia: Grace alone
Salvation comes by grace only, not through any merit on the part of the sinner; an unearned gift.

Salvation becomes a mere decision, a “just say yes” to Jesus.
Accelerated “conversion” rates happen as a result of group dynamics, psycho-social marketing techniques, peer pressure or indoctrination.
Salvation is measurable.

Salvation mandatory and externally judged by works.
Enforced submission to “Christ” and the “Kingdom” rule on earth.
Every one who does not bow the knee to “King Jesus” is guilty of a capital crime.

Sola fide: Faith alone
Justification comes through faith only, not good works.

Setting up criteria and standards to achieve “measurable results” in all “spheres” of Christian living.
A holistic Christianity that incorporates good deeds (works) which are monitored and assessed for results.
Rewards for good works, penalties for noncompliance.

Faith and good works combined yield justification.
Sanctification is good works.
“Fruits” are measurable and assessed.
“Whatever It Takes” i.e., the ends justify the means.

Soli Deo Gloria:
Glory to God alone. God accomplished everything on the cross for His glory.
God is sovereign.

Believers must assist God.
Believers must manifest God’s glory, hasten His coming, build His Kingdom, bring transformation, and take the “blessing” to all nations of the earth.

Believers are Christ “incarnate”, the manifest sons of God, “co-redeemers” and “co-creators”.
Critical mass, synergy and synchrony will usher in Christ.
A new world order of peace, prosperity and harmony called “Christ’s Kingdom.”

Jesus’ Kingdom spiritual and eternal: (Jn 18:36; Prov. 21:1; Psalm 45:6; 72:8-9; 45:6)

Church and State “collaborate”.
Fulfilling the Great Commission becomes a spiritual/political mandate.

A Church State.
“As in heaven, so on earth.”
Nations are corporate persons to be transformed through “discipling”.
2005 by Sarah Leslie.

(Edited numerous times for your colorful viewing pleasure)
:bag:

...and again to say....Read the purpose statement in the thread about Quantum Physics Theory and How Far Down the Rabbit Hole Do You Want To Go. It is this same thing as the above, just fallen further down into the bottomless pit they call a rabbit hole.
Last edited by Pretzelogical on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pretzelogical

Postby Mrs. B on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Possibilities Church......

A Global Communications Network for Planetary Transformation
through Spiritual Re-education

WHAT IS WHOLISTIC WORLD VISION

"Wholistic World Vision was born with the Christ Light for a supreme purpose beyond anything which we even now can visualise. Our aim is the restoration of the planet and the purification of the soul of man. Those working for this cause are ambassadors of a new Universal consciousness leading to a world consensus through harmony." Mahatma Gandhi 1990

I guess this is getting popular in todays world.......

I like what Jesus said...

John 3:1....There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus.....A Ruler of the Jews:

2..The same came to Jesus...By Night, and said unto him, Rabbi,
We know that thou art a Teacher Come from God:
For No Man can do these miracles that thou doest, Except God Be With Him.....

3....Jesus answered and said unto Him.....Verily, Verily, I Say unto Thee...
EXCEPT A man be Born Again.......he Cannot See the KINGDOM OF GOD.

We Must be Born Again........

4...Nicodemus saith unto him...
How Can A Man Be Born when He is Old?
can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5....Jesus answered....Verily, Verily, I say unto thee,
Except a Man be Born of Water and of the Spirit.....
He Cannot ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD.....

6....THAT WHICH IS BORN OF THE FLESH IS FLESH.....
and that which is Born of the SPIRIT is SPIRIT.....

7....MARVEL Not that I said unto thee....YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN.....

8....The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof,
But canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth:
So is Every one that is Born of the Spirit.....

We Must Be Born Again....
Church membership does not save you.......being good does not save you....even knowing scripture does not save you...
being a Jew does not save you......Jesus said...that which is born of the flesh is flesh.....You Must be born again.
Born of God by the Holy Spirit.....
A New Creature
A New Birth....a Spiritual Birth....Born of water and of the Spiritl.

When Adam Sin.....He died spiritually.....death entered into the world.....and has passed on to all men
But God Made a Promise
Genesis 3:13b....And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat...
14....And the Lord God said unto the serpent.....Because thou hast done this...
thou ART Cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shall thou eat...All the days of thy life:
15....And...I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between Thy Seed and HER SEED, (Jesus) it Jesus shall bruise thy head, and hou shalt bruise his heel.........

This is the Promise that God made that a Virgin would have a SON....born of God....and he would bruise the head of Satan....and satan would bruise his heel...
This is the Promise of the Father.....Jesus said after he arose from the dead...
Go to Jerusalem and Tarry until You Receive the Promise of the Father....

Acts. 1:4.....And being assembled together with them...
commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem..But Wait for The Promise of the Father,
which saith he, Ye have heard of Me....

5....For John truly Baptized with Water;
But Ye shall be Baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence....this is the Promise of the Father..

Jesus had to take the keys of death, hell, and the grave.....away from satan.
He arose from the dead...
accended into Heaven...presented His Blood to the Holiest of Holiest in Heaven then is Seated at the Right
Hand of the Father.....Making intercession for you and I the Believer......when we pray in Jesus Name He makes
intercession to God the Father for the Church....for the Born Again Believers who walk not by the flesh but by the Spirit..
Our Bodies are the Temple of the Holy Ghost......Christ lives in us.....We are the Body of Christ here on this Earth....
We are the Light of the World......We are His Witnesses....
We are born again....We are in the world but we are not of this world.....

Acts 1:8.....But ye shall Receive POWER after that the Holy Ghost is Come upon you:
and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the
UTTERMOST PART OF THE EARTH......

Acts 2:39.....For the Promise is unto You, and to Your Children, And to all that are Afar Off, Even As Many as the Lord Our God shall CALL.....
That is you and I......and in this Last Day....we are to be a Light....and a witness to that which is coming....

Jesus the Christ...Glory

Mrs. B
Mrs. B

Postby pegmo on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:08 pm

Oh my Pretzelogic, the article you posted is an eye opener.....the dots are beginning to connect. I wondered why there is the big push in most of the churches around here for life groups, small groups, community groups (whatever you want to call them)...not sure I understand how that will enable the one world effort unless it enables closer scrutiny of the individual members than a large traditional church body. It seems like there is more of an effort to open the arms of the churches to other churches and partner in social justice type activities that seem to go beyond doctrinal concerns that we have.

But we are seeing a little of all of this in our church. And the curious thing is that our pastor would go along with this. He is a bible loving, bible believing, expository preacher. Can't get my hands around the "why" of this from his perspective.

But your information is so welcomed.

And the term "possibilities" really captures what they are trying to sell us....its kind of a "what if" scenario...I guess it really is a vision of some sort.....we could become a multi-ethnic church.....or we could do so much more.....just think of the possibilities!!

I am going to look up the author you mentioned and see what else she has to share. Very, very grateful for your info. :hugs:
pegmo

Postby ndtruth on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:16 am

I am a bit confused...
Can someone tell me where this is wrong...

Solus Christus: Christ alone
Jesus Christ is the exclusive mediator between God and man.

No man or structure comes in between the believer and God.
The priesthood of all believers. Creating an interlocking network of cells, small groups, house churches.

ND :dunno:
"If you just, put your trust, in the ALMIGHTY GOD, I know He will - He will direct your path"
ndtruth

Postby Pretzelogical on Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:45 pm

Thank you, once again, Mrs. B for the Word that has the power to transform lives!
SO sorry, Nd - I edited the bold and italic - again.
Pegmo, I pray for your joy to be your strength as you choose how to worship and gather with the saints!

I have been in small group Bible studies for years. They are the thing most Biblical, in my opinion, therefore, Satan wants to corrupt it. That is what is happening. The small groups are formed with people who attend the church whether they are believers or not. This is not scriptural. Have I had non-believers/seekers to Bible studies in my home? Sure - but they were friends/neighbors; they weren't someone I don't know who claims to know Christ and was assigned to our group. To gather for study and worship in your homes with non-believers and put the name of Christ on it can cause harm. The methods used in these groups were developed for brain-washing. There is a facilitator, not teacher. Group consensus determines what is true for that group. The leader then moves the group-think into actions that verify their truth.

For instance: the group has a Catholic and a new-ager who want to work with a program to feed the hungry. The program unites the government and many faiths. Christ does not get glory from this and they are giving in order to earn their reward from whom they worship. The ends justify the means = the poor are fed.

People will not care for one another sacrificially if they are not of all one mind as Scripture commands. We are free to fully serve Christ and one another when we gather as believers. Do-gooder clubs exist already. The church is to be separate.

They use Nehemiah as an example.
Nehemiah 2:18
I told them how the hand of my God had been favorable to me and also about the king's words which he had spoken to me. Then they said, "Let us arise and build." So they put their hands to the good work.

But note the context is the Jews building the wall of Jerusalem and telling the others they have no part in it:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... rsion=NASB

Often many translations are used, so the context is lost. Believers need to grow in their knowledge of the word!

In the New Testament, we see that good works are a result of being in the word:
Colossians 1:3
We give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,
4 since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and the love which you have for all the saints;
5 because of the hope laid up for you in heaven, of which you previously heard in the word of truth, the gospel
6 which has come to you, just as in all the world also it is constantly bearing fruit and increasing, even as it has been doing in you also since the day you heard of it and understood the grace of God in truth;
7 just as you learned it from Epaphras, our beloved fellow bond-servant, who is a faithful servant of Christ on our behalf,
8 and he also informed us of your love in the Spirit.
9 For this reason also, since the day we heard of it, we have not ceased to pray for you and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,
10 so that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;
11 strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for the attaining of all steadfastness and patience; joyously
12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.

Also note that Paul names the people who are polluting the truth of the word. The polluters of the word today operate in the same manner as this:
2 Timothy 2:
11It is a trustworthy statement:
For if we died with Him, we will also live with Him;
12If we endure, we will also reign with Him;
If we deny Him, He also will deny us;
13If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.

14Remind them of these things, and solemnly charge them in the presence of God not to wrangle about words, which is useless and leads to the ruin of the hearers.
15Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.
16But avoid worldly and empty chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness,
17and their talk will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus,
18men who have gone astray from the truth saying that the resurrection has already taken place, and they upset the faith of some.
19Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness."
20Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and of earthenware, and (some to honor and some to dishonor.
21Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work.
22Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.
23But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels.
24The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged,
25with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,
26and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.

The men of the true word are equipped for every good work. They do not need cooperative programs, but the Holy Spirit moves His people to do the good works He prepared in advance for them to do. Trust in the power of the Word!
2 Timothy 3
16All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;
17so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

He who is faithful in a little will be trusted with much. God raises up His faithful workers to accomplish His will.
Pretzelogical

Postby ndtruth on Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:34 pm

Ok That helps!

Because I am a firm believer in the the Priesthood of all believers... And that the gathering of those believers (not mixed, like you explained) is the foundation of the CHURCH.

Thanks much!

ND
"If you just, put your trust, in the ALMIGHTY GOD, I know He will - He will direct your path"
ndtruth

Postby Pretzelogical on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:53 am

The priesthood of all believers is completely ignored in the Catholic and Protestant denominations that are pastor-driven.

In today's model, the vision of the pastor develops the purpose that drives the members. (This is straight from the methods of Rick Warren and Bill Hybels.) There is no room for the Holy Spirit to gift and move His people spontaneously into serving. Behold, Jesus stands outside the door and knocks to be invited into the gathering! It is so ironic that they are open to all the possibilities - except giving up their leadership role; while at the same time, they are developing everyone into leaders. They are making images of themselves, instead of trusting the Word to transform lives into the image of Christ. Look up how many times the word "pastor" is in the New Testament scriptures and what is said about their task. "Pastor" is used once in the entire New Testament. It is in a list where it is not even the first thing on the list. Pastors are listed with teachers as they are to study the word together and teach the word. Again, how ironic, that though they are open to all the possibilities, teaching the word of God is not one of them as that would offend the seekers. Condolidation is the goal, and the Word divides - just as Jesus said He had come to do.
Pretzelogical

Return to Apostasy Watch