War on the Saints

News about humankind's turning from God.

War on the Saints

Postby Hisown on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:31 pm

Never since the days of the Reformation has there been such pressure upon the true body of Christ. No longer can a man even speak of being a Christian without making some form of doctrinal clarification to define what he means. Protestant Christianity is in an absolute upheaval as the majority of the prominent leaders claiming to represent the true Christian church tend to be liars, cheats or teachers of dubious doctrine.

The Bible itself as God’s infallible Word is bombarded daily by false accusations questioning its credibility, authenticity, accuracy and recently its clarity. ( The argument is that the scripture may be God’s word but who can truly understand what it is saying??)

The Deity of Christ is questioned and rejected in many sectors. The virgin birth of Christ is scoffed at. The doctrine of hell is no longer taught by those embarrassed at its reality. Many reject it altogether. Men claiming to be the restored apostles and prophets are now a dime a dozen and the heretical nonsense that they spew out is not worth a dime. Sin is rarely mentioned and error of judgement is the preferred condition of man before the Holy God. Man has become elevated to the lofty position of lord of the earth and the One enthroned in heaven can do little without the interaction and partnership of his church. The Lord God Almighty can now be addressed as Allah. Many call God Papa or Daddy and their familiarity with the Almighty has bred the inevitable contempt towards His terrifying holiness. Music that stirs the emotions has replaced the actual presence of God by his Holy Spirit. Man for all intents and purposes has been deified for almost every sermon is geared towards how man can become more blessed. Preachers have forsaken the scriptures and become personal coaches using the modern pop psychology of self improvement. The unity of heretical doctrines under the banner of a new age Jesus is the One untouchable golden Cow in today’s modern apostate church. The Pentecostal and charismatic’s have immersed themselves with the New Age movement. The Holy Spirit has been replaced by a deceiving spirit for the most part and very few cry foul!

Many traditional denominations have blessed same sex unions and so have blessed what God deems an abomination. Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Worse in my opinion are the traditional denominations that have remained silent and not delivered a clarion call concerning the righteousness of God and the sanctity of the church. These cowards do more damage in the long run as they string along many misguided saints who are not ready to break fellowship with their traditional church as long as they do not directly approve of what is evil. The fruit of this is an ineffective witness and a snail paced apostasy.

Cowardly pastors should not be in the pulpits today. May the God of scripture judge them for they have done more damage by their people pleasing, world loving silence than the legions of hell who have been unleashed upon the saints.

Papal Rome has all but conquered the reformation. Protestantism has been sold out by such traitors as the Billy Graham association (Graham the Free Mason himself worked as an emissary of the Vatican ) and Chuck Colson’s Evangelicals and Catholics together organisation. Some of the evangelical signatories of that abomination included Bill Bright of Campus Crusade for Christ, Os Guinness of the Trinity Forum, Richard Mouw of Fuller theological Seminary , Mark Noll of Wheaton College , Jim Packer of Regent College, Pat Robertson of Larry Lewis of the Home Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention, Richard Land of the Christian Life Commission, Jesse Miranda of the Assemblies of God, and John White of Geneva College.

Somewhere between Vatican Two ( 1962 ) and 1994 these so called Christian leaders must have concluded that Rome preaches a gospel of salvation for they agreed that they would cease to attempt to convert the Roman catholic faithful to the true religion of biblical Christianity. They in essence helped seal the fate of the hundreds of millions of Catholics by refusing to preach the truth to them.

In a nutshell the church is at rock bottom. All that can get worse will be the increasing measure of the evil mentioned above. I ought to be weeping but an ugly spin off that the scripture mentions is that the love in my heart has grown cold.

Matthew 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. May the Lord soften my own angry heart so that I might pray for the saints rather than prey upon them.

What then can be done or what will the end of this be? Surely the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ is one of hope. Where sin abounds grace also abounds, so says the apostle Paul.

Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

There is an abundance of grace for the Saint who grieves at the church’s current state. The rejection, isolation, separation misunderstanding and accusations that become our daily bread are in essence our crown in glory. We are sharing in the sufferings of Christ. As the writer to the Hebrews has well put it.

Hebrews 13:12 -14 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. 13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach. 14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.

The Lord Jesus suffered outside the camp and this needs to be our current estate while within the camp apostasy abounds. We in our rejection and isolation are in good company. Currently our pain is the payment for our eternal crown. One that some day by God’s grace we can lay at the feet of our saviour when we see him in his glory. We ought to be rejoicing for we have been found worthy of suffering for His names sake.

It is possible that once again the Lord may decree a final reformation of biblical orthodoxy but if he chooses not to then things will certainly get worse. When Elijah thought that he alone stood against the spiritual whorings of Israel, the Lord informed Him that seven thousand had not bowed the knee to, or kissed the hand of Baal. Biblical Christian you are not alone! Elisha’s servant thought so when the city of Dothan was surrounded. He was wrong!

2 Kings 6:15-17 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do? 16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them. 17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Whatever the future unfolds we must pray for grace to persevere and be a bold witness regardless of the cost. These are days in which the true saints of God will shine like the stars in the universe. The current evil around us is actually making the mediocre flicker of our candle shine like a lighthouse on a moonless night.

There is indeed war being waged against the saints but tell me friend when has there ever not been? As the Psalmist says:

Psalm 149: 5-9 Let the saints be joyful in glory: let them sing aloud upon their beds. 6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand; 7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people; 8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron; 9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD.

Have no fear Christian, we win in the end.
Paul Gowdy
Hisown

Re: War on the Saints

Postby mightymac on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:53 am

And WHO won the Super Bowl???? :-) Ok, the WHO played the half time show but the Saints won it. LOL (actually our house was cheering for the colts but so what? )
Carolyn

'Was listening to some beautiful Christmas music - so lovely that it brought tears to my eyes. So I asked my youngest daughter, 16, who was doing homework, "I wonder what all the angels in heaven sound like when they are singing Glory to God?"
Without hesitation, she simply replied, "Warm."
mightymac

Postby sacredcowbasher on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:43 pm

Thanks for posting this piece. Things are looking bad for the church in general. I think we are walking after the flesh in many ways. Briefly my last experience in attempting to make it in a fellowship ended the following way.

After talking to an old friend I got the faith to attend church with him and talked to bugtussle about it. We started going to the fellowship and it was good. The pastor was smart and taught the word. He also headed up a bible college. The praise and worship was real good and there was a good mixture of black and white brothers and sisters which is always a good sign.
The wife and I have always been comfortable praising and worshiping God. I don't dance, but I may cry at times when I am moved by either the presence of God or seeing something of His nature. This is going to sound weird but I think I made the pastor angry by the way I entered into God's presence. I say this because of what happened one morning. I was discussing with bugtussle how we were always going to service late and that it bothered me. Well, it didn't bother her and I wasn't liking that it didn't bother her but I held my peace and I was also dealing with other things that I can't remember right now ... convenient huh? Anyway, I think God prepared me in a way for what was about to happen. We go in late and sit next to a brother near the middle isle, right where everyone can see me. I was feeling guilty and having trouble entering in and I was getting frustrated and about to have a tantrum. I began to blame ( in my mind ) the brother sitting next to me. Stupid, but I also was wanting to protect my reputation for being good at worshiping God. In other words, I was in the flesh. When I began to blame the brother next to me, I got very scared because I didn't want to anger God. I could go into the reason why this would be a legitimate fear, but it would take to long to write. Trust me though, I was punished in church by the Lord for something once and I never want to experience that again, so thats why the fear. Anyway, I got overwhelmed with all the jerking back and forth and right at that moment the worship music ended and a spirit of anxiety came upon me. I was in view of many and I didn't like it but I just thought. oh well this is part of me as well right now and I remember feeling free about not having to run and hide. By now I had come to a victory concerning wanting to have a reputation, but what followed was surprising to me. I went and shook hands with many in church and many clearly saw the anxiety on my face. It was a little difficult to experience but if you take the bad with the good and know that God is in control its all good.

I wish I could be brief with this but it takes a while to explain it. The next Sunday I was preached against, singled out ( not the first time this has happened ), but I was still surprised. I was fine that day during praise and worship. I entered in and forgot about the embarrassment of the fear and anxiety of last week. I shook hands after worship and praise like always and they got to see that I was fine, my laid back old self. The blasting that came from the pastor was disappointing. I didn't think there was that level of immaturity there. But it was more I think of relief on his part that, hey, this guy is not as spiritual as he leads on to be. I say it this way because I think I was perceived in this way. I don't know why for sure but I do think that christians for the most part put on airs. They hide themselves and I think they are forced in a way to not show their real selves. We still have problems with envy and idolatry. We think we have to keep a reputation of what we see as excellence, but what it amounts to is confinement or comparing ourselves among ourselves which the bible says is unwise.

I could go on and speak about how something I said to a young man who held high regard in church messed him up for about two weeks. Honestly, what I said to him was something like, "Hey I'm an artist as well and my wife is too. I'm not a working artist, I would like to be but I'm doing handyman work, but thats life." This is all I said and it apparently messed with him. That is between him and God. I don't know why it bothered him, but the pastor didn't like that it happened. This young man was delighted when I had fear and anxiety, but that didn't bother me because he is young and needs to grow. When he was messed up for those two or three Sundays I prayed for him and felt bad.

I think there are a lot of christians that don't fit into the mold that is the church. They are either not understood or because they don't dance to the piper and follow the cookie cutter christian performance they are not accepted. Maybe it makes them feel uncomfortable. Maybe it means that they would have change their theology - very painful for many who have everything figured out.

If we could just get past having to put on airs and be comfortable being ourselves, I don't know maybe this is not the most important thing, but we are having a hard time it seems to me being like Jesus.

Thanks for listening to me go on ...... and

Carolyn, I forgive you for cheering on the colts : )
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby Jay on Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Thanks for posting this Hisown!
Papal Rome has all but conquered the reformation. Protestantism has been sold out by such traitors as the Billy Graham association (Graham the Free Mason himself worked as an emissary of the Vatican ) and Chuck Colson’s Evangelicals and Catholics together organisation. Some of the evangelical signatories of that abomination included Bill Bright of Campus Crusade for Christ, Os Guinness of the Trinity Forum, Richard Mouw of Fuller theological Seminary , Mark Noll of Wheaton College , Jim Packer of Regent College, Pat Robertson of Larry Lewis of the Home Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention, Richard Land of the Christian Life Commission, Jesse Miranda of the Assemblies of God, and John White of Geneva College.

Somewhere between Vatican Two ( 1962 ) and 1994 these so called Christian leaders must have concluded that Rome preaches a gospel of salvation for they agreed that they would cease to attempt to convert the Roman catholic faithful to the true religion of biblical Christianity. They in essence helped seal the fate of the hundreds of millions of Catholics by refusing to preach the truth to them.

Although many might be offended by parts of what was written, I personally take no issue whatsoever with any statement I read in that piece. The Spirit of God spoke clearly to me long ago that I should not trust any big-name leader. The Evangelical movement has chosen a form of the gospel and separated itself from the true gospel of the pure grace ofChrist. They have no boldness because they have no touch of Christ's holy unpolluted essence. They have substituted a formula for the Person of Christ. Therefore, I am sure the above quoted statements will make many professing Christians angry. They know not what they do.
Jay

Postby Hisown on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:41 pm

Jay wrote:
Therefore, I am sure the above quoted statements will make many professing Christians angry. They know not what they do.

:a3: Brother Jay, I was reading a few scriptures this morning that relate to WHY this is and WHAT the consequences are of not testing "the teachings of "men"against the word of God.

Just a rough outline of " The False Christ spirit of “Dominion” -The Nicolaitans - "destruction of people"- “conqueror or destroyer” to rule over.

“So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. -Jesus.

Is a “ Nicolaitan” one who lays claim to have the power to lord over the flock of God as they profess to have a far superior position / relationship with God than the sheep?

Are we “ silenced” by those in “power” when we try to “test” their teachings and fruit against the word of God? Or do we apply Acts 17:11?

How any times have we tried to express our concern yet was harshly rebuked for daring to question those in “ authority” on doctrine, pagan practices and harsh treatment of the flock?

These “little gods” RULE with cruelty -

“A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land; The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?” (Jeremiah 5:30,31)

Are we guilty of following men -rather than the Lord Jesus Christ? How many “ men “ have we placed above the inerrant Word of God?

Jer 17:5-Thus saith the LORD Cursed [be] the man that trusteth in man and maketh flesh his arm and whose HEART DEPARTETH from the Lord

No “lording allowed “!

“The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.” (I Peter 5:1-3)

But being the last the least, serving and ministering.

Mat 20:25 — But Jesus called them [unto him], and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.

Mat 20:26 — But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

Scripture gives us a clear warning of how the heart departs from the Lord - Idolatry, (spiritual) fornication, men pleases, lovers of money, paganism and adhering to ( false ) prophets/prophetesses.

Rev 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication

II Peter 2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness

Revelation 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

The Lord gave us a clear directive of what to expect after His departing.

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. 20:31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

Their ways being evil-leading men into the false worship of Baal-

“Mine heart within me is broken because of the prophets; all my bones shake; I am like a drunken man, and like a man whom wine hath overcome, because of the LORD, and because of the words of his holiness. 9
For the land is full of adulterers; for because of swearing the land mourneth; the pleasant places of the wilderness are dried up, and their course is evil, and their force is not right. 10
For both prophet and priest are profane; yea, in my house have I found their wickedness, saith the LORD. 11
Wherefore their way shall be unto them as slippery ways in the darkness: they shall be driven on, and fall therein: for I will bring evil upon them, even the year of their visitation, saith the LORD. 12
And I have seen folly in the prophets of Samaria; they prophesied in Baal, and caused my people Israel to err. 13
I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness: they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah. 14
Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts concerning the prophets; Behold, I will feed them with wormwood, and make them drink the water of gall: for from the prophets of Jerusalem is profaneness gone forth into all the land. 15
Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD. 16
They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you. 17
For who hath stood in the counsel of the LORD, and hath perceived and heard his word? who hath marked his word, and heard it? 18
Behold, a whirlwind of the LORD is gone forth in fury, even a grievous whirlwind: it shall fall grievously upon the head of the wicked. 19
The anger of the LORD shall not return, until he have executed, and till he have performed the thoughts of his heart: in the latter days ye shall consider it perfectly. 20
I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied. 21
But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings. 22
Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off? 23
Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD. 24
I have heard what the prophets said, that prophesy lies in my name, saying, I have dreamed, I have dreamed. 25
How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart; 26
Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name for Baal. 27
The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD. 28
Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?” 29 (Jeremiah 23:9-29)

Mat 23:8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, [even] Christ; and all ye are brethren.

Mat 23:9 And call no [man] your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Mat 23:10 Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, [even] Christ.

Mat 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

Mat 23:12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Be diligent to present yourself to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, RIGHTLY DIVIDING the word of truth” II Tim.2:15

I praise God for those that LOVE His word and which is one of the main reasons I fellowship :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: here!
Hisown

Postby Hisown on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:50 pm

sacredcowbasher wrote:Thanks for posting this piece. Things are looking bad for the church in general. I think we are walking after the flesh in many ways. Briefly my last experience in attempting to make it in a fellowship ended the following way.

Beloved , you are in good company!

My heart is pained as I watch how the shepherds feed themselves and the enormity of truth that is mentioned in Ezek 34 , this we know that the Lord will require His flock from their mouth!!

May His word bless you in Heb 11 : 25-40, of whom the world is not worhty.

As a EX JW I was under the ( false ) impression that this was only seen / practiced in the cults, until I met my first protestant pope :oops:

Never been the same I tell ya!!! :lol: many would love to drag me outta the city an flog me , humm I wonder why?
Hisown

Return to Apostasy Watch