Billy Graham? Really?

News about humankind's turning from God.

Billy Graham? Really?

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:11 pm

I was browsing through the internet...found this link, I was shocked!
Is it really true?
It feels like I just got back from a funeral!! Good grief !
I pray everyday not to be deceive......Jesus is Lord !!

Billy Graham Denies Jesus Is The ONLY WAY To The Father

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axxlXy6bLH0&NR=1

Robert Schuller And Billy Graham Speaking Wide Acceptance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNCnxA91 ... re=related
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Re: Billy Graham? Really?

Postby Just_Betsy on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:29 pm

Yes, I have seen some shocking interviews of Billy Graham. He's sadly deceived, and yet the Lord has used him to reach many. Impossible to say how many of his "converts" are truly saved, but the Lord knows.
Betsy

Persecution is coming. Of COURSE it is. The only question is, will we remember that it is a privilege to bear His reproach? Will we count it all joy that we are counted worthy to suffer with Him? Will we love? Or will we get belligerent and hateful toward our enemies, in defiance of our Lord's command and example?
Just_Betsy

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:44 pm

It breaks my heart.....I had a friend who was serving the Lord, he was boldly bringing people to Christ, after 5 years, he met a woman who's a witch, now he is a satan worshipper, good grief! Just all of a sudden.....Christians need to seriously get their act together fast.....I believe we are witnessing the "falling away"......Jesus says to "PRAY that you won't be deceived".....a lot of christians I know tells me they don't need to bec they are strong enough and that is sad......I stand up for Jesus everyday!!

-soldier of the King_
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:51 am

This is so sad. It just seems that this New Age ecumenicism is everywhere and the true Gospel has been seriously diminished in what were once evangelical gospel preaching churches. I don't know if it's the same around the world but here in America the church is in serious peril. I agree the falling away is in process, and sadly it will likely get worse as the day draws near.

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby Wickus on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:09 pm

Sad to say, in South Africa it is the same.
Faithful is the saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Wickus

Postby carpentersdaughter on Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:28 pm

Billy Graham has had Parkinsons for a very long time. He had it when he made these statements. I find it sad how many people have thrown this warrior of Christ under the bus over this. First off, this has been edited, and second this disease cause dementia, which means, he will say things he normally wouldn't.

Please don't pay attention to this video or what others are saying. These people are condemning this man who has served Christ faithfully for many, many years.

I would hate to get alzheimers or some other disease and have others comdemn me because of the things I said.
1 Timothy 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in the later times some will abondon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
carpentersdaughter

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:47 pm

Well, here is the next question, didn't Jesus say we should have a sound mind?
If Billy Graham has Alzheimer's then why did he bother being interviewed?

I loved Billy Graham's preaching days back in the 60's and so on...awesome....but, I don't think there is an excuse of denying Christ because of your sickness, it doesn't make any sense to me. I read comments from the unsaved people, they were thrilled to hear Billy Graham's support of "we are all saved"....I would hate to make an excuse for Billy, but I am not going to worry about it and pray that he has repented and still with the Lord. He should stay out of the media or stand up for Jesus boldly!
God bless you all, Woody
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby carpentersdaughter on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:29 pm

WOODHENOT3 wrote:Well, here is the next question, didn't Jesus say we should have a sound mind?
If Billy Graham has Alzheimer's then why did he bother being interviewed?

He doesn't have Alzheimers, but Parkinsons disease. It does damage to the brain and the body.

As far as having a sound mind, that scripture doesn't apply to physical well being.

No one can be blamed for the disease that has them.
1 Timothy 4:1 The Spirit clearly says that in the later times some will abondon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.
carpentersdaughter

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:27 am

Hello carpenterdaughter !!
Have not heard from you in a long time !!
How have you been?

Regarding Billy, since he denied Christ, do you think he has an excuse because of his illness?
I am having a hard time with this because I knew a person before who were a born again Christian and he gotten Alzheimer and he now looks like the devil and denies Christ. If someone gets sick or loses memory, why is it they are more against Jesus instead of being closer to Jesus? If you had a good heart and lose memory, why would you'd be speaking against God?
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3

Postby Salty Skipper on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:50 am

WOODHENOT3 wrote:Hello carpenterdaughter !!
How have you been?

Regarding Billy, since he denied Christ, do you think he has an excuse because of his illness?
I am having a hard time with this because I knew a person before who were a born again Christian and he gotten Alzheimer and he now looks like the devil and denies Christ. If someone gets sick or loses memory, why is it they are more against Jesus instead of being closer to Jesus? If you had a good heart and lose memory, why would you'd be speaking against God?

Woodhenot, my response in not in regards to what Billy Graham said, but in regards to alzheimer's disease. Alzheimer's disease causes plaques to form inside the brain. It's almost like the brain is "dissolving" in areas. This causes a person to behave in ways that they would never normally behave if they were in their right mind. The physical body is weak and we live in a fallen world, but the Lord knows a person's heart.

In regards to Billy Graham's comment in the first link (the only one I've followed thus far), on some level I can understand what he is saying, but perhaps I read too much between the lines because he has preached the gospel for many years. Sometimes something we mean to say doesn't come out quite right, no? Schuller proceded to run with Graham's comments and put his own little twist on them. I find no redemptive quality in his statements whatsoever. Just an observation...
Salty Skipper

Postby carpentersdaughter on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:04 am

WOODHENOT3 wrote:Hello carpenterdaughter !!
How have you been?

Hi Woody,

Yeah, I come in and out almost everyday, but don't say much. I am so busy with making videos now and running my own site that I don't get a chance to say hi to all my friends. I really should do that cause I miss you all so much.
carpentersdaughter

Postby BKF on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:24 am

In an interview with McCall’s magazine, January 1978, entitled “I Can’t Play God Any More,” Graham said: “I used to believe that pagans in far-off countries were lost—were going to hell—if they did not have the Gospel of Jesus Christ preached to them. I no longer believe that. … I believe that there are other ways of recognizing the existence of God—through nature, for instance—and plenty of other opportunities, therefore, of saying ‘yes’ to God.”

http://www.wayoflife.org/files/dfef6250 ... 8-136.html
BKF

Postby imirish01 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:34 pm

Reminds me of a book I read "Eternity in their hearts". But God has proven His existance via nature. Look at the story the stars tell.
imirish01

Return to Apostasy Watch