The Roman Catholic Church

News about humankind's turning from God.

Re: The Roman Catholic Church

Postby burien1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:21 am

DutchLady wrote:http://www.catholic.com/library/Fundamentalism.asp

Could you please add a comment, or tell us why you posted that. Thank you.
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby DutchLady on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:37 am

Well, that's a catholic site that has their answers for several things that 'bug' us about the faith. Also, aren't we the 'fundamentalists' in their eyes? There's a whole page on heretics on there too, protestants are part of it according to them. Basically, they do not think of any christian nomination outside of the catholic church as being christian or saved in any way. It's all heretic. But yet the pope publically prays with Muslims, Buddhists, etc., what is the point of it?
DutchLady

Postby burien1 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:22 am

DutchLady wrote:Well, that's a catholic site that has their answers for several things that 'bug' us about the faith. Also, aren't we the 'fundamentalists' in their eyes? There's a whole page on heretics on there too, protestants are part of it according to them. Basically, they do not think of any christian nomination outside of the catholic church as being christian or saved in any way. It's all heretic. But yet the pope publically prays with Muslims, Buddhists, etc., what is the point of it?

Thank you, Sister ! :hugs:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby Mrs. B on Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:09 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit postReport this postReply with quote Re: The Roman Catholic Church
by Mrs. B on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:43 am

The Roman Catholic Church.....

II Corin 6:14.....Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelieverers:
for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness>?
and what communion hath light with darkness>?

15....And what concord hath Christ with Belial?
or what part hath he that believeth with An Infidel?

16.....And what agreement hath The Temple of God with idols?

For ye are the Temple of the Living God;
as God hath said...I Will Dwell IN THEM, and walk in them;
and I will be their God, and they shall be MY People.

17....Wherefore Come Out From Among Them,
and be ye Separate, saith the Lord, and Touch Not the Unclean thing;
and I will Receive you,
18...And Will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be My Sons and Daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

7:1....HAVING therefore these Promises, Dearly Beloved, Let Us Cleanse Ourselves from all filthiness of the Flesh and Spirit,
Perfecting Holiness in the Fear of God......

Rev. 18:4...And I heard another Voice from Heaven, Saying
COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE, that ye be not Partakers of Her sins...and that ye receive Not of Her plagues....

Rev.17:5....And upon her forehead was a name Written,
MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS
AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.....

Jesus is calling us out from among All False Teachings and Believings..
The mother of harlots.......who are the harlots?
who came out from catholisim?....Luther, and so on
God is calling His People out from all false Religion and False Beliefs...
He is Caling Us Out.....Come and and be ye Saperate.....
This applies to all false teaching and beliefs

This is not easy....but He has promised us He Would Never Leave Us nor Forsake us...
and I know that you can take that to the bank.....He is Faithful
And He will always be there.....He will NEVER Forsake you...Look to Him...He is Able...He is the ALL Sufficient One.....

Mrs. B
Mrs. B

Postby imirish01 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:39 am

I came to know Jesus as a Catholic. I was brought up as Catholic, prayed to God as a Catholic and asked Jesus into my heart as a Catholic. I strayed as a Catholic. I did not trust God (from my experiance as a child) as a Catholic. I walked away from the faith (in God) as a Catholic.

But when I grew up, I began reading the bible. I again asked Jesus into my heart. And I have come to know God as loving and kind and gracious! I love Jesus with all my heart.

We can judge the Catholic church all we want, but God uses it to bring His people to Himself.
imirish01

Postby drdos on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:12 am

It is as simple as this. If the Pope is going to deny the Authority of the Son of God as our Only mediator he(the pope) will reap a whirlwind of God's wrath!
:armor: I Timothy 2.5 “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.”
drdos

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:50 pm

imirish01 wrote:I came to know Jesus as a Catholic. I was brought up as Catholic, prayed to God as a Catholic and asked Jesus into my heart as a Catholic. I strayed as a Catholic. I did not trust God (from my experiance as a child) as a Catholic. I walked away from the faith (in God) as a Catholic.

Same here, imirish01.

But when I grew up, I began reading the bible. I again asked Jesus into my heart. And I have come to know God as loving and kind and gracious! I love Jesus with all my heart.

Same here.

We can judge the Catholic church all we want, but God uses it to bring His people to Himself.

I see it a bit differently. God uses His Holy Spirit to draw us to Himself while some are in various places where He reaches down and convicts us of the truth.

When I began to read the Bible (for the first time ever) and saw the error the Catholic church teaches....at that point, I had to leave. It didn't take long.

You may want to read these pages and compare them to scripture to see how they have manipulated scripture to fit their doctrine. Very interesting. Once you know the truth, the false becomes very obvious.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby laney on Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:10 am

New American Bible changes some words such as "holocaust"

CHICAGO (Reuters) – A new edition of one the most popular English-language Bibles will offer substitutes for words such as "booty" and "holocaust" to better reflect modern understanding, a Catholic group said on Wednesday.

Nearly 50 scholars from all faiths and a committee of Roman Catholic bishops have labored since 1994 over the first fresh edition of the New American Bible since 1970, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops said.

The annual best-seller to be issued by a dozen publishers beginning next week on Ash Wednesday "is a beautiful translation -- it's a new way to look at an old love," said Mary Sperry, who oversees Bible licensing for the bishops.

The changes go beyond a few words being altered, and include freshly-written notes that should help readers better understand the Catholic church's interpretation of biblical concepts, Sperry said. The Book of Psalms contains over 70,000 words, both text and notes, she said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110302/us_ ... gion_bible :banned:
"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be [people] of courage; be strong." (1 Cor. 16:13
laney

Previous

Return to Apostasy Watch