Purpose Driven Life (PDL)

News about humankind's turning from God.

Purpose Driven Life (PDL)

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:55 pm

We're going to start some stickies for topics that continually come up to keep the info more easily accessible. Here are some threads that reference the Purpose Driven Life. It's by no means comprehensive, so feel free to add your own links if you feel I've missed an important one, and please post new articles in this thread. Thanks!

40 Days of Purpose?

20,000 Gather in Rwanda for Rick Warren's PEACE Plan

Rick Warren Conf. Speaker Teaches Christ Consciousness

Purpose-Driven and Emergent Merge at Conference

Rick Warren's Inquisition

PURPOSE DRIVEN UNVEILED

New PDF re: New Age Ark of Oneness

Rick Warren and Leonard Sweet Together at Saddleback Church

Rick Warren: Evangelical and Mainline Churches Need to Reconcile

Rick Warren & Brian McLaren at DAVOS

How the Purpose Driven Life Obscures the Gospel
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby bertienesbitt on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:55 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzeETJTE1W4

i watched this video...it is a wee part of wat i was taught when i did the 40days....now i only did half of it...Thank the Lord i got out...my head was really messed up...but this person did a really good job cutting and editing some bible verses into it, to show you rick is lying.... :armor:
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of Jehovah of hosts will perform this.
(Isa 9:6-7)
bertienesbitt

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:31 am

bertienesbitt wrote:i watched this video...it is a wee part of wat i was taught when i did the 40days....

Wasn't there a follow-up to the 40 days of purpose? Something like 40 days of "community" purpose?
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby bertienesbitt on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:34 am

not really sure...honestly...need to find out....
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to establish it, and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of Jehovah of hosts will perform this.
bertienesbitt

Postby bertienesbitt on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:37 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVth6gtHBNk (part one)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA6O0kL0uEg (part two)

from way of the master radio.....

this is some good video
bertienesbitt

Postby bertienesbitt on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:43 am

abiding in his word....i found a link for 40days of community....

http://www.purposedriven.co.uk/campaign ... fault.aspx

will read it myself now to....God bless
bertienesbitt

Postby bsheahan on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:51 am

bertienesbitt wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzeETJTE1W4

i watched this video...it is a wee part of wat i was taught when i did the 40days....now i only did half of it...Thank the Lord i got out...my head was really messed up...but this person did a really good job cutting and editing some bible verses into it, to show you rick is lying.... :armor:

I watched your link here and found a related video from alittleleaven.com in YouTube. Enjoy this one! Now we know how the Global PEACE thing is funded...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUb8DuArgnw
I am a son of God.
John 1:12
bsheahan

Postby bsheahan on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:55 am

This stuff makes me sick to my stomach. Mainly because as I look deeper, I see the lies, but I fear that those who I love who know about PDL will just think I'm crazy...

... they just follow after him. Sad.
I am a son of God.
John 1:12
bsheahan

Postby bertienesbitt on Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:57 am

:lol: strange how things are all connected.....it is like the game Dots to Dots....we keep joining all these wee dots together, and we get to see the big picture which is Rick Warren...wearing a name tag with DECEIVER wrote on it.....

Ummm this Rupert guy seems intresting have to keep a eye on him....and pray also for him and Rick and those gettin decieved...
bertienesbitt

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:22 pm

bertienesbitt wrote:abiding in his word....i found a link for 40days of community....

http://www.purposedriven.co.uk/campaign ... fault.aspx

Thank you for the link, bertienesbitt. Off to read it myself.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby bertienesbitt on Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:31 pm

:shock: this is a shockin video....slap me in my face if i sound wrong...but he is like a mini antichrist da way he is gettin on...and this P.E.A.C.E. plan thing sounds intrestin to...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptxq11x972g :armor:
bertienesbitt

Postby Mttw633 on Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:55 pm

My friend said she watched Billy Graham last night on our nbc affilliate. They offered a book by Rick Warren for free in which she called and ordered. I'm wondering, which is the best article you've read that I can read and maybe pass onto her clarifying Rick Warren's motive? Thanks!
Mttw633

Postby Mttw633 on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:51 pm

Never mind! I found just what I was looking for!
Mttw633

The Purpose Driven Muslim

Postby ChristineMarie on Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:51 am

Class Description:

This class will examine the purpose of Life from an Islamic perspective and then endeavor to show how it is imperative that a Muslim live his or her life in pursuit of that purpose.

To accomplish these twin objectives we will examine aspects of Qur’an and its commentary; Hadith or prophetic tradition and its explanation; prophetic biography and its implications; along with contemporary insights into the human condition.

We will emphasize how important certain theological themes an concepts that oftentimes are neglected by Muslims contemporarily but are critically important in defining how we should be leading our every-day lives. Examples would include redemption, justice, fairness, magnanimity, divine grace, divine retribution, thankfulness, human kindness, and human decency.

We will also examine the consequences of an aimless life with special emphasis on the impact of such an approach to life on the contemporary Muslim world.

This examination will be follow, to a certain extent, the noted work of Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life, from an Islamic perspective. That being the case, we will endeavor to introduce practical steps that will help in discovering and manifesting purpose in our lives into each lesson.
ChristineMarie

Re: Purpose Driven Life (PDL)

Postby jwrquest on Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:01 pm

Rick Warren is an admitted member of the Rockefeller C.F.R. I am not surprised that Billy Graham stears people towards him. Billy is also a member of club elite and really believes in Christ Conscientious as well. There is a video on Youtube where Billy and Robert Schuller talk about Gods WIDER grace. Billy was the one who got Schuller into ministry. I went to Crystal Cathedral last week to see for myself if there were any indicaters of Manonic involvement. This is what I found. 1. Many graven images ofJesus. the sculptor was Dallas Anderson. The way he signed his initials was paculiar. A with the D turned skyword overlapping the top part of the A. Resulting in the pyamid and "eye of horus". 2. I went and checked out the abolosque next to the main church building and what did I find in the "prayer room" at the base of the phalic symbal? I found a 3D hologram type sculptor with a jesus inside. I was spinning slowly around on top of stand. A jesus was inside looking up with a hand going up toward the sky and his hand is coming out of the sculptor. It's a perfect rendition of the christ inside of you trying to come out. The kicker is that the room is surrounded by 33 marble pillars. 3. I go the the welcome center and up on the 2nd floor big pictures spotlighting different happenings over the years. The first one is a picture of him preaching on a platform in what was a drive in movie theater. He is on this platform and all off this cars are parked around him with the window speakers on their windows listening to his sermon. Here's the kicker....behind him is the Cross inside of a pyramid. This thing was like 20' tall. Picture a 20' pyramid with the tip of the cross at the tip of the pyramid and the arms of the cross touching both sides of the pyramid just a little ways down from the top. The pyramid and the eye of horus. I saw many other things there but you get the point.
Do a study on Mother Theresa and you will be just as shocked as I was to find out what a fraud she was. I realize now that anyone the news proclaims as "amazing" is probably not a believer is Jesus who came in the flesh, was of God, died on the cross for our sins and rose from the dead in bodily form.
jwrquest

Postby bertienesbitt on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:18 am

:blessyou:

but mate one thing billy is a member of my group to, we are called followers of jesus Christ...
bertienesbitt

Postby jwrquest on Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:31 pm

bertienesbitt wrote::blessyou:

but mate one thing billy is a member of my group to, we are called followers of jesus Christ...

I have bad news for you! The chances are very high that he is not a follower of Jesus who came in the flesh and was of God, died on the cross and rose again in bodily form. I encourage you to do a search on google. Type in "Billy Graham freemason". Be prepared to realize that the global elite has used him to dupe many. Take a look at his associations and where he sent his "new converts". Look at his brotherhood with Catholic doctrine and tell me if you still think he is a follower of the above mentioned Jesus. Do you really think that the main stream media would promote a real man of God? Search youtube and check out critical videos about him and listen to his own words. He believes Muslims will be saved and that people will be saved because they unconsciously know Christ. That is called christ-consciousness. If he is one of your camp then you follow the wrong Christ! Billy Graham is a fraud and a deceiver. I was once fooled and when I found the truth it made sick to my stomach and very angry. The truth has been out there for a long time but we have all been stripped of our ability to question and doudle check and analyze what these "great men of God" have to say as if they are Jesus Himself. Please invistigate and stop perpetuating the lie of Billy Graham. You will not be fooled again so easily after you see how his deception was accomplished. I am thankful to have my eyes opened.
jwrquest

Postby Pretzelogical on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:23 am

This satire had me laughing out loud through my tears because it is true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Q32xIyoeo&NR=1
Pretzelogical

Postby bertienesbitt on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:54 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: now that is funny....but so true how christians just go for new ideas all the time......
bertienesbitt

Rick Warren disavows support for Prop. 8

Postby nickylouse on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:41 am

Rick Warren disavows support for Prop. 8

California mega-church pastor and author of The Purpose Driven Life Rick Warren says he apologized to his homosexual friends for making comments in support of California's Proposition 8, and now claims he "never once even gave an endorsement" of the marriage amendment.

Monday night on CNN's Larry King Live, Pastor Rick Warren apologized for his support of Prop. 8, California's voter-approved marriage protection amendment, saying he has "never been and never will be" an "anti-gay or anti-gay marriage activist."

Story continues
On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. (Luke 21:25-NIV)
nickylouse

Postby Salty Skipper on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:21 pm

And to think...conservative, Bible believing churches have let this unrepentant "teacher" get a foot-hold in their churches. Lord help us!
Salty Skipper

Postby nickylouse on Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:42 am

Salty Skipper wrote:And to think...conservative, Bible believing churches have let this unrepentant "teacher" get a foot-hold in their churches. Lord help us!

While I don't entirely disagree with the message of purpose as we are called by God, I was disheartened to hear Paul Shepard borrow from the PDL in his sermon this morning concerning the meaning of Easter. He had it going good about mentioning the pagan roots, but then when he started to highlight his message he cited PDL along the lines of "It's not about me". Like I said, I know God's plan of salvation is not about me, but I was dismayed that Pastor Paul would recognize Mr. Warren.
On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. (Luke 21:25-NIV)
nickylouse

Postby Pretzelogical on Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:45 am

http://christianresearchnetwork.com/?p=13347

The above link keeps a running tab of healdlines on the apsotasy of Rick Warren and of his tweets to council pastors.
Pretzelogical

Postby ObeyHim on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:03 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34640771/ns ... -us_faith/

"I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;" Proverbs 1:26
"And they said between themselves, Did not our hearts burn within us, while he talked with us by the way, and when he opened to us the Scriptures?" Luke 24:32
ObeyHim

Postby Abiding in His Word on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:30 pm

Warren's appeal presents an opportunity for those who haven't been hit by the recession to step up and help, Ross said.

Can't imagine there are many who haven't been affected by this recession.....
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Swayde on Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:21 am

They got the money they needed, and then some....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,581 ... latestnews
LAKE FOREST, Calif. — Evangelical pastor Rick Warren's plea for donations to fill a $900,000 deficit at his Southern California megachurch brought in $2.4 million, Warren announced to cheers during a sermon at the church on Saturday.
~Barbara
Swayde

Postby Finaldash on Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Yeah my wife and I got one of those plea from his church. Apparently we're on the email list.
Finaldash
Supporting Member

Return to Apostasy Watch