Contemplative Spirituality

News about humankind's turning from God.

Contemplative Spirituality

Postby AndCanItBe on Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:49 pm

We're going to start some stickies for topics that continually come up to keep the info more easily accessible. I'm gathering some threads here to start for reference. It's by no means comprehensive, feel free to add your own links to info at FP if you feel I've missed an important one, and please post new articles in this thread. Thanks!

Doctor Confirms Meditation Explosion

Move By World's Religions Toward Contemplative Spirituality

Popular Contemplative Book in Christian Circles

Kundalini and the Toronto Blessing (Link Added)

Contemplative Prayer/Emergent

Global Pastors Network - Embracing Contemplative

Deeper Still: The Event
AndCanItBe

Lighthouse Trails Research Project

Postby Triton57 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:39 pm

I've learned a lot from the research of Lighthouse Trails:

Lighthouse Trails Research Project

Exposing the Truth About Contemplative/Emerging Spirituality, with over 600 pages on our research site, over 700 articles on our news blog, and nearly 20,000 external links on both sites. Some of our features:

Comprehensive Search Engine for Site
Daily Articles and News - Our Blog
Articles on every page
Topical, alphabetical index
Newsletters
Resources & Information for Researchers
Books, DVDs, CDs for research & study
    Contemplative Spirituality: A belief system that uses ancient mystical practices to induce altered states of consciousness (the silence) and is rooted in mysticism and the occult but often wrapped in Christian terminology. The premise of contemplative spirituality is pantheistic (God is all) and panentheistic (God is in all).
Phillip
2 Timothy 4:1-4
“About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the Prophecies, and insist upon their literal interpretation, in the midst of much clamor and opposition.” - Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727)
Triton57

Re: Contemplative Spirituality

Postby peacebringer on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:14 am

So the questino is, is all contemplation new age?
We are directed to test all things, and hold to the good.
Contemplation is ripe for using new age techniques and exposing self to falsehood an evil. I don't feel settled in fully knowing God's truth on this matter and seeing it widely misused and leading to great errors bodes for caution.

There is the whole spiritual direction side of things that moves heavily in the contemplative.

An initial thought is that some point contemplative is turning too inward when misused, just as other events are focusing on an external manifestation. Where is the center of God's truth.
peacebringer

Postby rabbisdust on Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:50 pm

WELCOME

Sorry it took so long for one of us to find you, unless you have been posting elsewhere.

It is true peacebringer, that we must hold onto the good. It is important to remember that Jesus said not to pick grapes from a thistle bush. Contemplation is new age and not found anywhere in the bible or even in christianity until recently. I suggest reading many articles from Light house research project as posted above, or even better yet stick with the bible, older versions, KJ or NKJ and you will never have to wonder.
rabbisdust

Postby Mrs. B on Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:21 pm

What is New Age?

Jesus said.....God is a Spirit...

They that worship Him.....Must Worship Him in Spirit and in Truth...

I'm confused.....

What do new agers believe?

bb
Mrs. B

Postby Triton57 on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:25 pm

Mrs. B wrote:What is New Age?

Jesus said.....God is a Spirit...

They that worship Him.....Must Worship Him in Spirit and in Truth...

I'm confused.....

What do new agers believe?

bb

My understanding is that the New Age teaches the age-old deception from the garden of Eden that we shall be as God. Their path is looking internally to the inner god rather than worshipping the creator. Ultimately because the dragon wants the worship of men, the New Age Christ will come and be the ultimate example of what self can achieve when they the "Christ consciousness." This is not done by accepting Christ, but rather relying on self and that inner god to circumvent the One True God for a false hope in self.

It is another example of a 180 degree polar opposite position we are told to have according to scripture, where we love God and others as ourselves. Since the greatest way to show love is to give ones life for a friend, and since our life, our existence, is the most valuable thing we have - it follows then that true love is self-less-ness, not self/inner focus.

The New Age Movement has taken many catch-words of Christianity as they have just about every other religion to try and form an ecumenical, all-inclusive belief system that can suck as many diverse beliefs into its deception and thereby deceive the whole world who reject the Truth and the only way to salvation, Yeshua the Messiah.

The New Agers can be very good at a surface view of love, but those behind the curtain pulling the strings have goals and those goals are not those of love. Rather it is an attitude of eliminating those who refuse to accept the ecumenism that eliminates what they view as destructive faiths that claim sole ownership to the Truth. Ultimately those who hold these positions will be killed for their faith to cleanse the planet of the troublemakers so that the "good" people can have peace on the planet...under Lucifer. It's a big game of deception and I highly recommend reading Constance Cumbey's book Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow to have some of the dots connected and see the mystery of iniquity at work today.

I should add that I'm sure as with any group or collection of groups there are many who are clueless to the true motivations or fail to dig deep enough to connect the dots as Constance and others have for me. But this is one of the benefits of a population distracted by the "show" and content with it enough to not search for the Truth. The more I study, the more I understand and with the foundation of God's Word, the differences are very clear.
Phillip
2 Timothy 4:1-4
“About the time of the end, a body of men will be raised up who will turn their attention to the Prophecies, and insist upon their literal interpretation, in the midst of much clamor and opposition.” - Sir Isaac Newton (1642-1727)
Triton57

Postby Lookfortruth on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:41 pm

Phillip, right on!
Great to see you, brother :) I sure hope everything is going good for you.
Candy
Lookfortruth

Return to Apostasy Watch