Mormon Missionaries

News about humankind's turning from God.

Mormon Missionaries

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:33 am

I'm not sure whether this is the appropriate forum for this, but I think Mormons are similar to Jehovah Witnesses in their rejection of Jesus and salvation. Not sure. But two days ago two Mormon missionaries came to my door for the first time ever since I've lived here in this house. (30 yrs.). I identified myself as a born again, spirit-filled, bible-believing Christian and there was dead silence from the two. I suggested they share Jesus with others who do not know Him as I do, and they turned and left without another word although they did look rather stunned.

So as the Mormons had never come around before, I began to search a bit and found this wonderful 17-min. video of a Mormon who found Christ and now shares his testimony and the events and conversions that followed as a result of his.

You will be blessed.

Ex Mormon Gives Most Incredible Testimony EVER!

It brought tears to my eyes as it somewhat resembled my own experience in finding the truth of the Gospel: salvation by grace as opposed to works. Similar also was the length of time it took to find the truth; @ 18 mos.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Re: Mormon Missionaries

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:38 am

His mother's testimony (5 min. video)

Former BYU professor Lynn Wilder shares her testimony of leaving the LDS church for a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby shorttribber on Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:05 pm

Really good stuff Abiding :grin:

Most of everyone on the board here I think know that I am an ExMormon also. I minister to them as often as I can too. Generally I'm able to plant seeds that I know will be able to help them out of that great deception.

I have never been officially excommunicated from them...BECAUSE...it keeps them coming back so I can plant those seeds. :mrgreen: Being wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove. :mrgreen:

:banana: Really a blessing to watch the videos :banana:
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Postby Abiding in His Word on Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:31 am

ST, I was not aware that you were a Mormon. That makes the video all the more precious for me seeing the freedom that young man felt. The pressure of having to "earn" one's salvation is burdensome to say the least. Knowing we can never really measure up but that God loves us nonetheless leads us to a search for understanding the meaning of the word grace.

I'm so happy that you shared your background! Thank you!

Since the two missionaries came to my door and I didn't engage in much of a conversation, I feel kinda bad that I didn't. About two years ago, two Jehovah Witnesses came to my door and we now greet one another with a hug and an expression of love. They stay in touch and phone to see if I'm available for a visit at such and such a time. I never refuse and we have had some very productive discussions and always respect one another regardless of the differences. Those two are women and I'm comfortable having them in my home but the two Mormons were young men and the comfort level was not there to invite them in.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing and for watching the videos.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Return to Apostasy Watch