Why Sunnis are disassociating themselves from Salafists

News about the EU and Mideast.

Why Sunnis are disassociating themselves from Salafists

Postby Exit40 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:01 am

Islamic conference in Chechnya: Why Sunnis are disassociating themselves from Salafists
ulam Rasool Dehlvi Sep 9, 2016 19:48 IST

The world’s premier pan-Arab daily newspaper, Asharq Al-Awsat, reported that an international Islamic conference was organised in Grozny, a city in Chechnya with more than 100 top Muslim clerics from all around the world. The agenda was to take an uncompromising stand against the growing Takfiri terrorism that is playing havoc across the world.

The globally renowned Sunni Islamic scholars and clergy unanimously took a stand that the Takfiri terrorists, who loudly claim to belong to 'Sunni' Islam, are not from among the Ahlus Sunnah (the Islamic terminology for the mainstream Sunni Muslims in the world).

Addressing the conference, leading Sufi Sunni scholar and the current Grand Imam of al-Azhar, Sheikh Ahmad al-Tayeb, defined what is meant by 'Ahlus Sunnah' or Sunnism.

He stated: “Ahluls Sunna wal Jama’ah are the Ash’arites or Muturidis (adherents of Abu Mansur al-Maturidi's systematic theology which is also identical to Imam Abu Hasan al-Ash'ari’s school of logical thought). In matters of belief, they are followers of any of the four schools of thought (Hanafi, Shaf’ai, Maliki or Hanbali) and are also the followers of pure Sufism in doctrines, manners and [spiritual] purification.”
This statement goes in Arabic as follows:
أهل السنة والجماعة هم الأشاعرة والماتريدية في الاعتقاد وأهل المذاهب الأربعة في الفقه، وأهل التصوف الصافي علما وأخلاقا وتزكية على طريقة سيد الطائفة الإمام الجنيد ومن سار على نهجه من أئمة الهدى

Having said that, Sheikh Ahmad al-Tayeb allegedly excluded the “Salafists” from the term of Ahluls Sunna (Sunnis) stating that Salafists –also known as Wahhabis – are not from among the Sunnis.

This was, probably the first time that the global Sunni Islamic scholars have disassociated themselves so clearly from the Salafists, who also claim to be the Ahluls Sunna or ‘Sunnis’....

Continues

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Re: Why Sunnis are disassociating themselves from Salafists

Postby kirthril on Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:49 pm

Walid shoebat also explains this divide:

-snip- Let slowly and carefully re-examine the first misconception westerners believe, that what we have in the Muslim world is a “Sunni-Shiite divide” that plagues the Middle East.

This one over simplification causes many faulty policies, misjudgments and erroneous prophetic conclusions. Fact is, there has always been a divide–not a Sunni-Shiite divide–but a divide between the Saudi Wahhabists on the one hand versus on the other hand Iran’s Shiites and Turkey’s Sunni Sufis. Wahhabism is exclusively Saudi Arabian. The latter makes a huge prophetic difference.

It is time to stop believing the clichés as we shall carefully explain in detail from history and current events.

ISIS’s theology, for example, is strictly Saudi Arabian Wahhabism, which does not encompass all Sunni Muslims, as many falsely claim, and is why Muslims who hate ISIS’s methods as result are beginning to also hate Saudi Arabia as result. This leads to further isolation of Wahhbist Saudi Arabia, not just ISIS.

In fact, this (Saudi wahhabist vs. non-wahhabist, including both Sunni and Shiite) is the divide which is alluded to in scripture. So few focus on the prophetic sense where in John’s apocalypse 17 regarding the desert city (Mecca), it explains that the beast with its ten horns, “will hate the harlot”:....
-snip-

http://shoebat.com/2016/09/10/showdown- ... i-is-near/

The sunni-shiite alliance will come together and Arabia will be along for the ride in this end times alliance. I mentioned this in another thread:

Tyre, Lebanon, controlled by Hezbollah. A proxy of Iran. Allying with Arabia? Tents of Edom (northern Arabia), the Ishmaelites (arabs- would include Arabia, Egypt, Libya, Sudan, Tunisia, Algeria, Pakistan, Afghanistan). A Hezbollah ruled Lebanon will not ally with Arabia who is a hated rival of Iran.

But according to Psalm 83, Arabia and its brethren is in alliance with Iran and its proxies, Jordan is involved, Palestine, all Ishmaelites (so the arab nations), Syria, Turkey. How can this be possible with the shitte/sunni divide?

Ezekiel 38/39. That's how. All the muslim world united under one man. Gog. That's how the sunni arab nations and the shitte Persians and Turkish and proxies unite.

But as revelation mentions, this alliance under Gog/AC will turn on the nation/city that rides it and served as its spiritual center: Arabia. God will put it in their hearts to destroy Arabia, and so it will be. Why will they destroy and hate the harlot Arabia?

Because as walid points out: they will bitterly cling to Israel. Ezekiel 38/39 states this as well as Arabia will dare to protest the invasion of Israel. How DARE the arabs protests against Gog, Mahdi, AC and the call to remove Jews from the face of the earth!
"It is not who I am...But what I do that defines me" -Batman, Batman Begins
kirthril

Re: Why Sunnis are disassociating themselves from Salafists

Postby Exit40 on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:36 am

kirthril wrote:Because as walid points out: they will bitterly cling to Israel. Ezekiel 38/39 states this as well as Arabia will dare to protest the invasion of Israel. How DARE the arabs protests against Gog, Mahdi, AC and the call to remove Jews from the face of the earth!

The Turks especially want Jerusalem as their sunni capitol. They have stated it many times in many ways. That is why they are so supportive of the Palestinians. The more Turkey becomes involved with them, the closer we get to the invasion Prophesied. It will catch SA off guard. Their complaints will only bring their destruction.

God Bless You

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Return to EU Beast/Mid-East Watch