A Possible Coup in Saudi Arabia?

News about the EU and Mideast.

A Possible Coup in Saudi Arabia?

Postby Ready1 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:11 pm

If Saudi Arabia didn't already have enough worries in a fast-changing Middle East, yet another crisis hit home for the desert kingdom: alleged hospitalization of King Salman, thought to have Alzheimer's disease or some form of dementia. He only assumed the throne in January.

While the 79-year-old monarch's hospital stay surprised many in the West, the question global affairs and security analysts ask is: What might the future look like for Saudi Arabia now that the controversial king is sidelined? Will the rest of the royal family accept and allow Crown Prince Muhammad bin Nayef to lead? Or will the kingdom's royal family see division within the ranks? These events could coalesce into a major political storm, significantly increasing the risk of instability not only within the kingdom but across the greater, strife-torn Middle East (if that's even possible).

This turn of events comes on the heels of shocking news. London's Guardian credits claims by an anonymous Saudi prince who states that two letters have circulated among senior members of the royal family encouraging them to stage a coup against King Salman. The rationale is the king and his powerful 30-year-old son, Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, have pursued dangerous policies that are leading the kingdom to political, economic and military ruin. Disclosure of these memos raises serious concerns.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-oualaalou/a-possible-coup-in-saudi_b_8325456.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Re: A Possible Coup in Saudi Arabia?

Postby Exit40 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:24 am

I have to wonder how this kings mind could slip onto dementia of any kind so quickly. Just a few months ago he was summoning the leaders of sunni Arab nations for consults on what to do about the rising Iran backed by the US. The impression I got was the king was ready to take the fight to the shias, and take on isis also. This news makes it seem as if something suddenly happened, which does not sound like dementia to me. More like poison. At any rate, things are moving along at a breakneck pace in the ME.

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Re: A Possible Coup in Saudi Arabia?

Postby kirthril on Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:42 am

Exit40 wrote:I have to wonder how this kings mind could slip onto dementia of any kind so quickly. Just a few months ago he was summoning the leaders of sunni Arab nations for consults on what to do about the rising Iran backed by the US. The impression I got was the king was ready to take the fight to the shias, and take on isis also. This news makes it seem as if something suddenly happened, which does not sound like dementia to me. More like poison. At any rate, things are moving along at a breakneck pace in the ME.

God Bless

David

Saudi Arabia will be reduced to no more than a sideline cheerleader during the end days. They will protest the future invasion of Israel, but simply watch. They will be helpless when Iran/Elam attacks them. If they are part of the Psalm 83 war, it will be a last ditch feeble attempt to do something to show that it is something. All of this is no doubt symptoms of weak leadership. The Saudis right now have weak leadership.

It will be Egypt that will have to carry the load in opposing the future northern alliance, not Arabia, but both will pay a heavy price for opposing.
"It is not who I am...But what I do that defines me" -Batman, Batman Begins
kirthril

Return to EU Beast/Mid-East Watch