Iran: No New Talks with US

News about the EU and Mideast.

Iran: No New Talks with US

Postby Ready1 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:16 am

Iran’s supreme leader has said that Tehran will not expand talks with the United States beyond the international negotiations over its nuclear program and predicted that Israel would not exist in 25 years.

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei’s statements underscored his lingering distrust of the United States and hostility toward Israel as the US Congress prepares to vote on the landmark nuclear agreement reached with Tehran in July.

The proceedings in the House and the Senate this week will have a huge impact on Iran’s nuclear programme – and the next president’s freedom to navigate it

President Barack Obama appears to have secured enough support from Democrats to prevent the Republican-led Congress from derailing the deal, but Khamenei’s latest remarks were likely to be seized upon by critics of the agreement as proof that Iran cannot be trusted.

His remarks also appeared to quash any hopes of a broader rapprochement between Washington and Tehran, or future cooperation on other regional issues, including the two countries’ shared battle against the Islamic State group.

More

Date: 09/09/2015 | Time: 14:45|

Leader says jihadi morale will leave no serenity for Zionists

Speaking to a large gathering of people, he noted that after the nuclear deal with the West, the Zionists said that there won't be any concern about Iran's nuclear program in the next 25 years. 'I'd say [to Israel] that they will not see [the end] of these 25 years,' Leader said.

He underlined that 'God willing, there will be no such thing as a Zionist regime in 25 years. Until then, struggling, heroic and jihadi morale will leave no moment of serenity for Zionists.'

More

Doesn't sound any more moderate to me... :grin:
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Re: Iran: No New Talks with US

Postby kirthril on Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:34 pm

25 yrs from now is 2030. Couple this with Erdogan stating he wants to rebuild the ottoman dream by 2025.
"It is not who I am...But what I do that defines me" -Batman, Batman Begins
kirthril

Postby Jay Ross on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:04 pm

kirthril wrote:25 yrs from now is 2030. Couple this with Erdogan stating he wants to rebuild the ottoman dream by 2025.

Mathematically now = 2015 so the maths becomes 2015 + 25 = 2040 an error it seems of 10 years according to your maths. :oops:

:lol:
Jay Ross

Postby kirthril on Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:16 pm

:bag: :doh:
sigh... I was trying to convey that a during the old ottoman empire, Israel was non-existant. So rebuilding it would include removing Israel off the map. :a2:
"It is not who I am...But what I do that defines me" -Batman, Batman Begins
kirthril

Return to EU Beast/Mid-East Watch