Egypt enters the fray...

News about the EU and Mideast.

Egypt enters the fray...

Postby Ready1 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:36 am

Egypt goes to war on ISIS, masses troops against Islamist Libyan stronghold at Darnah

DEBKAfile Exclusive Report February 28, 2015, 8:51 AM (IDT)

Egyptian President Abdel-Fatteh El-Sisi has deployed his troops for all-out war on ISIS strongholds in Libya, the first Arab ruler to challenge the Islamists in a fellow Arab country, debkafile’s military sources report.

His intiative dramatizes the spillover of the Islamist State’s threat across the Middle East, and the fading impetus of the US-led coalition effort to reverse Islamic State gains in Iraq and Syria.

Our Washington sources report that the Obama administration’s planned spring campaign to free Iraqi Mosul from the Islamic State’s occupation is stuck in the sand. Democratic and Republican lawmakers alike accuse the president of having no clear war strategy and of holding back from the US-led coalition the fighting manpower necessary for a successful operation.

Answering questions in the Senate WEdnesday, Feb. 25, the coalition commander, retired Gen. John Allen, said he had no hard-and-fast timeline for the war. The influential Democratic Senator Barbara Boxer of California responded angrily: Your answers show one thing about the timeline defined by the White House as an enduring ground operation: “There is none.”

http://www.debka.com/article/24431/Egypt-goes-to-war-on-ISIS-masses-troops-against-Islamist-Libyan-stronghold-at-Darnah
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Re: Egypt enters the fray...

Postby Exit40 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:09 am

Boxer gets upset by irrelevant things, like a General who called her ma'am instead of Senator. If she is on the warpath over this, I think someone else we know is in trouble with his party.

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Postby Ready1 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:45 am

Coincidentally or not, controversial Egyptian TV presenter Tawfik Okasha called on Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu over the weekend to bomb Iran – and promised Egyptian support for "our dear friend Netanyahu,"

Okasha said. "Please, Iran faces you and the Bushehr reactor faces you. Put your trust in Allah and bomb it. We are with you. And if you need fuel for the jets, we will give it to you."

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/193958#.VSwJ_ZM12No

Last two paragraphs of article
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby Keeping Alert on Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:08 am

Very interesting...
Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

πατερ δοξασον σου το ονομα
Father, glorify thy name.

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Keeping Alert

Postby Mark F on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:50 pm

It's only because it serves their own purposes, they don't give two hoots for Israel IMO.
Mark

All Scripture from NKJV

Find a seven year covenant Jesus makes with anybody plainly stated in Scripture.
Mark F

Postby Ready1 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:01 pm

...but they are definitely nervous about Iran's expansionism.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1

Postby kirthril on Wed May 27, 2015 9:14 am

Ready1 wrote:...but they are definitely nervous about Iran's expansionism.

You mean Turkeys' expansionism. Iran's main beef is with Arabia (shiite vs sunni). Egypt's main beef is with Turkey (king of north vs king of south), those two nations have a ancient rivalries.

Eventually Egypt will fall to the king of the north, turkey, and come under its control. Egypt is one of the 3 kings who are subdued along with Sudan, Libya. Turkey is who Egypt is afraid of. It is the muslim brotherhood which tried to rule Egypt recently, which is outlawed by Egypt, that Turkey supports and Obama supports. (which is why Egypt has abandoned America).
"It is not who I am...But what I do that defines me" -Batman, Batman Begins
kirthril

Return to EU Beast/Mid-East Watch