Question

News about the EU and Mideast.

Question

Postby Wickus on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:18 pm

Is anyone here still watching the ENPI/WEU/Rec 666 theory or did everyone abandon it?

Any answer welcome. I just want honest thoughts.
Faithful is the saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Wickus

Re: Question

Postby NeedHim on Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:37 pm

I believe that prophecy is often best understood in hindsight. I am still watching and trying to piece together events, etc. I'm not nearly as smart as most regulars on this forum so I usually don't comment about these things :)
NeedHim

Postby mark s on Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:32 am

Hi Wickus,

I'm going to move this post since it invites opposing views, which are not intended for the ENPI Only forum.

Thank you for understanding!

Love in Christ,
Mark
ειπεν αυτη ο ιησους εγω ειμι η αναστασις και η ζωη ο πιστευων εις εμε καν αποθανη ζησεται
. . . saying to her Jesus, I AM the resurrection and the life, the one believing into Me even dying shall live . . .
mark s

Postby Wickus on Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:42 am

No problem Mark. I am just interested in my fellow watchmen's thoughts and do not want to debate if it is right or wrong.

Thanks.
Faithful is the saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Wickus

Postby denise on Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:51 am

I am still keeping my eye on it.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Galations 5:1
denise

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:27 am

Hi Wickus:

I read your question last night and I refrained from responding because I am on the fence with this issue. My best response is that I am watching everything that happens, and I don't feel comfortable taking this off the table, but on the other hand, I am questioning who the "he" is in Daniel 9:27. At this point, I am literally expecting either to happen. Either the a/c is revealed in the near future for the last 3.5 years OR we will see a covenant with many for a period of 7. I know my answer is terrible, but I didn't want to avoid responding without the truth concerning the fact that I am literally watching from both perspectives knowing full well only one is right.

The below thread hits the highlights on the "he" being Christ position.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=58883&p=506850&hilit=Gentle+readers+of+FP#p506594

Our family is just now in the process of joining a church that is very front and center on the end time, and watching in general. I am so excited about having this group of believers in my life now. There are less than 40 members in this church, yet it is vibrant and fully equipped with faithful saints. I have been watching this church for a year and yet, the Lord didn't inspire us to move until very recently, and I learned that they had "just" finished a series on end time studies. I know they are pre trib, and I don't see pre trib in the scriptures....but I know I could be wrong or vice versa, and its not a sticking point with me. Pre trib would be best of all!!! :grin:

Question is: Would I ever be content settling on, and firming in my mind, one "view" over another? Same with the 7 yr. covenant thing here.....I am familiar with both "arguments," and somehow, I feel best WATCHING all things and waiting for the Lord to give clarification to me as He Wills. I am more faithful than I am smart. :mrgreen:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby LONGINGFORHOME on Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:55 pm

good answer Lisa, I share most of your thoughts.

Patrick
Deuteronomy 4:30-31
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
LONGINGFORHOME

Postby BryanB on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:39 pm

Still watching...

So many aspects of ENPI, Rec 666, etc... are spot on matches, however the timing isn't unfolding as we expected.

Up until the moment Christ was crucified, the apostles fully expected Him to establish His Kingdom on earth, so there is a precedent for God's timing to be different from what the faithful expect.

Has anything explicitly disqualified the ENPI / Rec 666 theory? I think you can argue the answer is "no".

Bryan
BryanB

Postby jgilberAZ on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Nope. No interest in the ENPi for quite some time (years?).
2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
jgilberAZ

Postby Mr Baldy on Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:27 pm

jgilberAZ wrote:Nope. No interest in the ENPi for quite some time (years?).

I'm wondering now with a new 7 year ENP process (2014-2020) now at hand, if this assessment is still valid :humm:
Mr Baldy

Postby Resurrection Torchlight on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:36 pm

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67035

I think that the info at the thread linked above may still have relevance. The ENP has never really taken affect, because Israel and the Palestinians have not resolved their issues in order to co exist together. When and if this happens I think it could prove relevant, of course only time and the Lord will tell if there is anything to it.

It's nice to hear from you Wickus, was wondering where you had gone to, just thought of you earlier this week, I pray all is well with you :grin:

RT
Resurrection Torchlight

Postby SueAnn on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:43 pm

BryanB wrote:Up until the moment Christ was crucified, the apostles fully expected Him to establish His Kingdom on earth, so there is a precedent for God's timing to be different from what the faithful expect.

Bryan

Thank you, Bryan. I found great comfort in your insightfulness.
ﺗﻜﻮﻳﻦ 12
وَقَالَ الرَّبُّ لأَبْرَامَ: «اتْرُكْ أَرْضَكَ وَعَشِيرَتَكَ وَبَيْتَ أَبِيكَ وَاذْهَبْ إِلَى الأَرْضِ الَّتِي أُرِيكَ،
فَأَجْعَلَ مِنْكَ أُمَّةً كَبِيرَةً وَأُبَارِكَكَ وَأُعَظِّمَ اسْمَكَ، وَتَكُونَ بَرَكَةً (لِكَثِيرِينَ).
َأُبَارِكُ مُبَارِكِيكَ وَأَلْعَنُ لاعِنِيكَ، وَتَتَبَارَكُ فِيكَ جَمِيعُ أُمَمِ الأَرْضِ »
SueAnn
Supporting Member

Return to EU Beast/Mid-East Watch