Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

General discussion of candidates' campaign issues

Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby denise on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:47 am

I DON'T want to discuss "Ron Paul, is he a whack? He can't win...ect...", I want to to discuss SPECIFICALLY the Romney campaign and the RNC and how they have cheated deligates and changed the rules in the middle of the primary process.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/betraya ... the-party/

‘Betrayal’: TX Delegate Lambastes Romney & Likens Proposed RNC Delegate Rule to ‘Dictatorship Over the Party’

While the Republican National Convention (RNC) is intended to be a unifying rally for the party’s presidential candidate, it seems there is some intense infighting brewing. The debate, which appears to be heating up just as the convention is commencing, involves a fair bit of angst over party rules surrounding Republican delegates. This morning, TheBlaze spoke with Gilbert Vasquez, a delegate from Denton, Texas, about the intense controversy.

Members of the GOP’s National Committee from across America are up in arms over a new party rule that opponents are calling “the biggest power grab in the history of the Republican Party.” At the center of the debate is whether a candidate should be able to select the delegates who attend the convention. ABC News has more:

Last week, the RNC Rules Committee approved a controversial change to the delegate selection process. Currently, states hold primaries and caucuses to determine how many delegates will be awarded to each candidate, but state parties generally meet later at state conventions to actually choose those individuals.

The new rule, however, gives presidential candidates veto power over their own delegates, representing a big boost in power for the candidates and a reduction for states. If Mitt Romney, for instance, didn’t like a delegate slated to cast a vote in his favor at the convention, Romney could throw him out and choose an alternate.


In essence, the debate is surrounding whether the states should maintain their rights in selecting delegates — or whether the candidate should have that power. It’s akin to the big versus small government debate, which is evidenced in the reaction that is coming from some figures within the Republican Party.



Mark Levin wrote on his Facebook earlier today in a post entitled “D*** it, defeat this RINO power grab!” about a RNC rules change that would completely undermine the grassroot delegates during the convention:

Conservatives of all stripes, especially Tea Party activists, this is an attempt to destroy your ability to influence the presidential and vice presidential nomination process in the Republican Party. It is an attempt to eviscerate the input of state parties. It is a brazen assault on the grassroots. And it is sleazy to the core.

If I didn’t know better, I’d think Obama was behind it. Instead, Romney’s operatives are orchestrating it.


He went into much more detail on his radio show. Listen below:

http://www.therightscoop.com/audio-mark ... defeat-it/






Any opinion on this?
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby drdos on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:25 am

This just adds to the reasoning behind an Obama win this election. This will be 2 kings he has beaten(McCain/Romney). :wink:
drdos
 
Posts: 3906
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:06 pm

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby GodsStudent on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:22 pm

They're all playing both sides to the middle. That's my opinion, and Im sticking to it!!!

Jan Markell sent her email newsletter out today and mentioned that this is the 3rd republican national convention that's been interrupted by a hurricane....thought that sounded pretty coincidental!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11046
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby Sword of Geddon on Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:10 pm

Ron Paul lost and he and his supporters are being sore losers about it. This kind of conspiracy talk has no place on this site anyway.

It really is disgusting how enamored by Ron Paul these people are. It is much like how Obama supporters were in 2008, come to mention it.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
User avatar
Sword of Geddon
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:47 pm

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby daffodyllady on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:05 am

The RNC rules state that the rules can only be changed once very 4 years. And this was the year that it was time to upgrade the rules.

The reason this rule was effected, was because RP supporters had infiltrated the delegates, publicly stating they were for Romney, but privately supporting RP. Why? So that they could overrule the votes of the people, and get RP in, by hook or by crook.

The RNC simply was protecting the right of Republicans to be able to expect their votes cast in the State Conventions, to matter in the National Convention.

Logical and right, IMHO.
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady
 
Posts: 4237
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby GodsStudent on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:13 am

Sword of Geddon wrote:Ron Paul lost and he and his supporters are being sore losers about it. This kind of conspiracy talk has no place on this site anyway.

It really is disgusting how enamored by Ron Paul these people are. It is much like how Obama supporters were in 2008, come to mention it.


Sword, while I get your opinion on Ron Paul, and on Mitt Romney, for that matter, I don't get why your are calling this discussion conspiracy? The OP links such mainstream sources as The Blaze and ABC News. Can you not have your opinion and allow others to have theirs, even if their opinion doesn't suit you? You're pro Romney, She's pro Paul and Im all about neither one or any one of the candidates, and I think translated, it DOES mean we are all voting our own conscious.

You are absolutely free to have your opinion, and you voiced it quite strongly in the other thread, accusing the brethren of FP
You cannot be that misinformed or naive

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=64276&start=50

So we know how you feel concerning Paul and Romney.....what I don't understand is why you don't feel others are afforded those same freedoms to develop and establish their own feelings? It is absolutely an opinion that Ron Paul supporters are being sore losers. Sure, feel that way, but don't open another thread accusing our Mods. of allowing conspiratorial discussions, or for that matter, shut this discussion down, because you don't agree with the position that the people in the OP are taking.....

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=64347

Can we not agree to disagree without getting personal, as in telling others they are misinformed, naive, or conspiratorial, along with all the other disgruntled Ron Paul supporters? Im sorry, but this morning, three threads in a row, I felt like I was reading what was rather a personal attack on others concerning their viewpoint......the above two I linked to as well as this one......

Rule 9 is great, but why can't we agree to disagree, amicably, and certainly without calling each other names? :hugs:
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11046
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby denise on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:57 am

daffodyllady wrote:The RNC rules state that the rules can only be changed once very 4 years. And this was the year that it was time to upgrade the rules.

The reason this rule was effected, was because RP supporters had infiltrated the delegates, publicly stating they were for Romney, but privately supporting RP. Why? So that they could overrule the votes of the people, and get RP in, by hook or by crook.

The RNC simply was protecting the right of Republicans to be able to expect their votes cast in the State Conventions, to matter in the National Convention.

Logical and right, IMHO.



The rules state they can be changed every four years, yes, BUT not in the middle of the process! I mean, you don't play a sports games and halfway through it, you change the rules because the other side is playing the game better than you! I'm just saying, it looks REALLY bad. You wait until AFTER the game, so that the next game has the new rules. Ron Paul supporters STAYED hours after the elections took place in the caucus states when the other side didn't and they, by the rules, became the deligates. It's not their fault that the Romney people weren't as organized or enthused enough to see it through. It's just discouraging for future grass-roots movements. By the way, this ALSO effects Rick Santorum type canidates as well. That's how he ran his campaign, very under the radar, grassroots and without the "establishment" backing. It's all over now, it is what it is. Love in Christ.

I really REALLY like what Sarah Palin has to say about it!

Sarah Palin went on the Mark Levin Show last night to discuss how the election is going, the RNC rule change, and the candidates she is backing.

Listen below:

http://www.therightscoop.com/full-inter ... evin-show/
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby Sword of Geddon on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:43 am

GodsStudent wrote:
Sword of Geddon wrote:Ron Paul lost and he and his supporters are being sore losers about it. This kind of conspiracy talk has no place on this site anyway.

It really is disgusting how enamored by Ron Paul these people are. It is much like how Obama supporters were in 2008, come to mention it.


Sword, while I get your opinion on Ron Paul, and on Mitt Romney, for that matter, I don't get why your are calling this discussion conspiracy? The OP links such mainstream sources as The Blaze and ABC News. Can you not have your opinion and allow others to have theirs, even if their opinion doesn't suit you? You're pro Romney, She's pro Paul and Im all about neither one or any one of the candidates, and I think translated, it DOES mean we are all voting our own conscious.

You are absolutely free to have your opinion, and you voiced it quite strongly in the other thread, accusing the brethren of FP
You cannot be that misinformed or naive

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=64276&start=50

So we know how you feel concerning Paul and Romney.....what I don't understand is why you don't feel others are afforded those same freedoms to develop and establish their own feelings? It is absolutely an opinion that Ron Paul supporters are being sore losers. Sure, feel that way, but don't open another thread accusing our Mods. of allowing conspiratorial discussions, or for that matter, shut this discussion down, because you don't agree with the position that the people in the OP are taking.....

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=64347

Can we not agree to disagree without getting personal, as in telling others they are misinformed, naive, or conspiratorial, along with all the other disgruntled Ron Paul supporters? Im sorry, but this morning, three threads in a row, I felt like I was reading what was rather a personal attack on others concerning their viewpoint......the above two I linked to as well as this one......

Rule 9 is great, but why can't we agree to disagree, amicably, and certainly without calling each other names? :hugs:


I don't believe any Christian should be looking at Ron Paul and considering his views legit, because they aren't. They are just as extreme and dangerious as Obama's, just another flavor. The other day Ron Paul said "If I was President Bin Laden still would be alive, and so would everyone who died on 9-11", he is a maniac, and if he was President it would be just as destructive as Obama.

Knowing all we do about Islam on this board...why would anyone seriously still even think about Ron Paul here?
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
User avatar
Sword of Geddon
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:47 pm

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby Sword of Geddon on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:46 am

denise wrote:
daffodyllady wrote:The RNC rules state that the rules can only be changed once very 4 years. And this was the year that it was time to upgrade the rules.

The reason this rule was effected, was because RP supporters had infiltrated the delegates, publicly stating they were for Romney, but privately supporting RP. Why? So that they could overrule the votes of the people, and get RP in, by hook or by crook.

The RNC simply was protecting the right of Republicans to be able to expect their votes cast in the State Conventions, to matter in the National Convention.

Logical and right, IMHO.



The rules state they can be changed every four years, yes, BUT not in the middle of the process! I mean, you don't play a sports games and halfway through it, you change the rules because the other side is playing the game better than you! I'm just saying, it looks REALLY bad. You wait until AFTER the game, so that the next game has the new rules. Ron Paul supporters STAYED hours after the elections took place in the caucus states when the other side didn't and they, by the rules, became the deligates. It's not their fault that the Romney people weren't as organized or enthused enough to see it through. It's just discouraging for future grass-roots movements. By the way, this ALSO effects Rick Santorum type canidates as well. That's how he ran his campaign, very under the radar, grassroots and without the "establishment" backing. It's all over now, it is what it is. Love in Christ.

I really REALLY like what Sarah Palin has to say about it!

Sarah Palin went on the Mark Levin Show last night to discuss how the election is going, the RNC rule change, and the candidates she is backing.

Listen below:

http://www.therightscoop.com/full-inter ... evin-show/



I think alot of people would be pretty angry knowing they all voted for someone, and got Ron Paul as the nominee because his supporters did some trick to steal the delegates.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
User avatar
Sword of Geddon
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:47 pm

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby denise on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Actually, his quote was:

"Somebody… said the other day on the Internet, ‘if those Paul people had been in charge, Osama Bin Laden would still be alive.’ But you know what I think the answer is? So would the 3000 people [killed] on 9/11, be alive!”


Yeah, if Paul would have won the Presidential election in 1988, ALOT of what's happened in the last 20 years could have been avoided. But that's just my opinion, which I'm entitled too. As I've stated, there are some things about Paul I like and some I don't. I'm not a fan of gay marriage and neither is he. He voted FOR DOMA. But thinks that it would be best served if it was handled on a STATE BY STATE issue, the same thing with abortion. If Roe v. Wade was overturned and handled at the state level, A HUGE AMOUNT of lives could be saved. Some states, if the people of THAT STATE passed the law, not by JUDICIAL dictates, which Paul is AGAINST, but if the people of the individual soverign state, passed a law, concerning one of these moral controveries, it would be on the people of that state. If you don't like it: MOVE TO ANOTHER STATE. And let that state go into moral and financial decline without bringing the whole country down with it. As far as gays in the military, look, what do you do? Kick them all out now that Don't Ask Don't Tell has been repealed? I am of the thought that as long as they are NOT SEXUALLY HARRASSING, and being held to the same coduct standards as ANY OTHER INLISTED PERSON, they should stay. Sorry, I hate that it's come to this, just as much as everyone else, but it is what it is. What I don't like though, is that the military chaplains are having their First Ammendment Rights violated when preaching on the sin of homosexuality. If they're going to preach on the sin of stealing, adultery, lying, they aught not to be punished and silenced for preaching the WHOLE truth. And as far as the drug thing is concerned, repeal it legalize it and regulate it. Just like cigarettes and alcahol. Take the cash cow AWAY from the Mexican drug cartels! People need to start taking PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for their lives and not expect the government to swoop in and take care of you cradle to grave. The left has drugged the people with the opiate of government dependency, WELFARE and Socialism, which, in my opinion, is MUCH worse that Pot.

Bring our troops home and SECURE THE HOMELAND.

You know, get our own financial house in order, BECAUSE WE ARE BANKRUPT. Were you not listening to Chris Christie last night?

We need to get the beam out of our own eye, before we worry about the speck in the eye of the world. But that's just my opinion.

Love in Christ.
Last edited by denise on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby Abiding in His Word on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:32 pm

I was watching CNN during the convention and Wolfe Blitzer seemed very annoyed about the situation, but I didn't (and still don't) understand it.
User avatar
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN
 
Posts: 28711
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:54 pm
Location: SW Florida

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby denise on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:46 pm

Ron Paul is soooooo evil Sword of Geddon because he believes that America should get out of the UN, and out of the IMF and wants the TSA to stop groping little girls and grandma's at the airport. Yeah, he's sooooo evil because their's a WHOLE GENERATION of young people that he's inspired to CARE about America and about the Constitution and to not be apathetic about what happens to our country. You know, there's a saying from the movie Young Frankenstien and I think it's very appropriate. Dr. Frankenstien to the monster, "People hate you, but why do they hate you? Because they are jealous!" And I think that's the case here. I didn't see the passionate youth and the internet enthusiasm for Romney or for any of the other GOP canidates that Ron Paul had and people just can't stand that.

And for the record, Sword of Geddon, just because I believe in liberty, doesn't mean I am condoning those who wish to use that freedom foolishly.

ROMNEY RYAN 2012
Last edited by denise on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby denise on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:01 pm

And THIS is why I am now behind Romney for 2012...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CisZjD49 ... e=youtu.be

They just played this at the convention! :cheer:
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby Sword of Geddon on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:15 pm

denise wrote:Ron Paul is soooooo evil Sword of Geddon because he believes that America should get out of the UN, and out of the IMF and wants the TSA to stop groping little girls and grandma's at the airport. Yeah, he's sooooo evil because their's a WHOLE GENERATION of young people that he's inspired to CARE about America and about the Constitution and to not be apathetic about what happens to our country. You know, there's a saying from the movie Young Frankenstien and I think it's very appropriate. Dr. Frankenstien to the monster, "People hate you, but why do they hate you? Because they are jealous!" And I think that's the case here. I didn't see the passionate youth and the internet enthusiasm for Romney or for any of the other GOP canidates that Ron Paul had and people just can't stand that.

And for the record, Sword of Geddon, just because I believe in liberty, doesn't mean I am condoning those who wish to use that freedom foolishly.

ROMNEY RYAN 2012


Enthusiasm on the level i saw for a political canuadate is really not healthy.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
User avatar
Sword of Geddon
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:47 pm

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby daffodyllady on Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:20 pm

It's the National Convention, for mercy's sake... Of course there will be a lot of enthusiasm. They are trying to whip up some steam to run on until November.
I like to cut some slack for people... because I know I, like everyone else, will need some, sometime.
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady
 
Posts: 4237
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby Sword of Geddon on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:15 pm

daffodyllady wrote:It's the National Convention, for mercy's sake... Of course there will be a lot of enthusiasm. They are trying to whip up some steam to run on until November.
I like to cut some slack for people... because I know I, like everyone else, will need some, sometime.


I don't mean that...and I don't mean to be so negative...but I've had some very negative experiences with Ron Paul supporters. During winter I encountered many of them on youtube and elsewhere, and while some of them were reasonable, or seemed reasonable people, more than a couple got angry when I said one of the other people running was my favorate at the moment(it was like February), and they called me a zionist supporter and jew lover.

That was what I was trying to say.

You may remember back around then that I had afew threads where I was upset about anti-semetism.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
User avatar
Sword of Geddon
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:47 pm

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby denise on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Sword of Geddon wrote:
daffodyllady wrote:It's the National Convention, for mercy's sake... Of course there will be a lot of enthusiasm. They are trying to whip up some steam to run on until November.
I like to cut some slack for people... because I know I, like everyone else, will need some, sometime.


I don't mean that...and I don't mean to be so negative...but I've had some very negative experiences with Ron Paul supporters. During winter I encountered many of them on youtube and elsewhere, and while some of them were reasonable, or seemed reasonable people, more than a couple got angry when I said one of the other people running was my favorate at the moment(it was like February), and they called me a zionist supporter and jew lover.

That was what I was trying to say.

You may remember back around then that I had afew threads where I was upset about anti-semetism.


THAT I adamently disagree with. Those people make TRUE Christians and Patriots look HORRIBLE.

I AM A JEW LOVER. I love the King of the Jews: Jesus Christ!

:stardavid:

My compaint with the "establishment", both the Democrats and the Republicans, is that they use Israel as a political tool and restrain and hadicap them, as a SOVERIGN nation, from defending themselves as they see fit. That, I perceive, is the Ron Paul position. And if it's not, it's atleast mine.

And as far as being "passionate" for Ron Paul, it's because I perceive him as the "underdog" and I can relate to the fact that, back in highschool, I was the nerd, like Paul, and the Romney's and Obama's of the world, the "popular kids" really upset me that they exclude and riddicule those that aren't eliquent and beautiful. It's unfortunate that ever since the JFK/Nixon debate, style has won over substance.

Love in Christ.

:hugs2:
Standfast therefore in the Liberty which Christ has made you free
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.


Galations 5:1
User avatar
denise
 
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby daffodyllady on Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:22 am

I do have a problem with the Ron Paul supporters, especially those who were trying infiltrate the delegates, so they could then vote for RP against the wishes of the people. That speaks reams about their morals!

But as far as the hype at the convention, in support of Romney... Hey, I watched most of it, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I feel I have gotten to know Romney a lot better, and I like the guy a lot. Even though he is a Mormon, he seems to have learned to lay down his life for his fellow-man, which is more than I can say for most politicians. He seems to be a humble person, judging from his reactions to the crowd. I sure hope he gets the Presidency. America needs a good man at the helm.
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady
 
Posts: 4237
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:03 am

I sure hope he gets the Presidency. America needs a good man at the helm.


Amen to that !!!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11046
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby Sword of Geddon on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:39 pm

I thought about it, and the overarching theme of the convention, though probably unintentional, was that someone's faith does not matter as long as they are a good person.

The people on this board with misgivings about Romney being a mormon were more than just right I have now realized that if we embrace this ecumenical attitude we have comprimised our own faith.

It really is between Obama(who thinks government is god) and Romney(who believes one can ascend to godhood threw good works).

With thought on this...I'm not going to bother voting. Maybe Obama having four more years to destroy this country would actually be a good thing, because at least then you won't have a restored america operating under satanic principles.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
User avatar
Sword of Geddon
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:47 pm

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby Sword of Geddon on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:42 pm

Don't vote..don't vote for Obama..and don't vote for this: http://askmormongirl.wordpress.com/2012 ... come-gods/

Don't vote for satan.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
User avatar
Sword of Geddon
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:47 pm

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby Jericho on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:27 pm

I thought you were voting for Romney, Sword?
Formerly SwordOfGideon
User avatar
Jericho
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:05 am
Location: Tx

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby Sword of Geddon on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:38 pm

I've realized the truth about this entire election. The GOP convention was ripe with ecumenism, and I ignored Romney's faith because I considered Obama's defeat worth any price.

Now I have stepped back, thought about it, and realized the trap I had fallen into. Obama said satanic things back in 2008, he refered to himself as god, and mocked scripture. Romney is a mormon, one of their doctrines is that they can "ascend" and become gods. How is that different from Obama?
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
User avatar
Sword of Geddon
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:47 pm

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby daffodyllady on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:43 pm

So, since Romney isn't fit to be your preacher, you will hand the election to a Communist.

That's real sensible of you.
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady
 
Posts: 4237
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby Sword of Geddon on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:58 pm

daffodyllady wrote:So, since Romney isn't fit to be your preacher, you will hand the election to a Communist.

That's real sensible of you.


Sorry but I'm not voting for a man who believes he can become a god. There is no difference between him and Obama, none.

I am never taking part in America's evil political system again.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
User avatar
Sword of Geddon
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:47 pm

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:27 am

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson


Sword, you make it hard for me. On the one hand, I cannot argue with what you say and are saying, because I agree that we have no choice here, on the other, I cannot imagine that I sit back and, knowing what I know about the man currently in office, I don't do what I can to cast a reasonable vote to get him out of there. (reasonable as in, I have spent time considering "write in candidates," but it is impractical and unreasonable to think this is worth the trip to the voting polls).

At least with Mitt Romney, we have a candidate who, at this time, is not taking a stand against Israel, but instead, is an avid supporter of Israel. That would mean we had some time before "the whole world will stand against her." That, to me, is important, as it is a prophetic marker in scripture which puts us, on the timeline, much closer to the worst time the world will ever know.....who wants to rush that?
GodsStudent
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 11046
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:36 pm

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby drdos on Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:49 am

Obama can not win fairly in this election IMO, so something supernatural has to happen for him to get re-elected. We may not even have to vote. There may not be an election, but I can say this I do not support either candidate because they both stand affront to our God Yahweh.
drdos
 
Posts: 3906
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:06 pm

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby Jericho on Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:13 am

GodsStudent wrote:All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson


Sword, you make it hard for me. On the one hand, I cannot argue with what you say and are saying, because I agree that we have no choice here, on the other, I cannot imagine that I sit back and, knowing what I know about the man currently in office, I don't do what I can to cast a reasonable vote to get him out of there. (reasonable as in, I have spent time considering "write in candidates," but it is impractical and unreasonable to think this is worth the trip to the voting polls).

At least with Mitt Romney, we have a candidate who, at this time, is not taking a stand against Israel, but instead, is an avid supporter of Israel. That would mean we had some time before "the whole world will stand against her." That, to me, is important, as it is a prophetic marker in scripture which puts us, on the timeline, much closer to the worst time the world will ever know.....who wants to rush that?


I agree with you GodsStudent. We may not be of this world, but for the moment we are in it. We may not like the political system, but we are subject to it. I don't believe things have to be so black or white on this matter. Are we not the salt of the earth? So let's be salt and do what we can to delay the decay.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
User avatar
Jericho
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:05 am
Location: Tx

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby Sword of Geddon on Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:02 am

I like that statement..delay the decay. Would be a good campaign slogan. :wink:

I don't know. Do you guys think its ok to vote for someone despite what he may(or may not) believe? Does voting for that person make us guilty of supporting the person's beliefs?

That is the issue I am struggling with now..

I want Obama out, but I can't say victory at any cost and call myself an honest Christian.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
User avatar
Sword of Geddon
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:47 pm

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby daffodyllady on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:03 am

I think the problem lies in how we view voting.

Is a vote a complete 100% endorsement of a man?
Is a vote for someone taking personal responsibility for whatever that man does while in office?

I think that is unreasonable.

Granted, the way politics is done in this country, is that people jump in feet first, and leave their brains behind. We generally get swallowed up by the parties and the causes. Emotions get so high that it could almost come to blows at times. We are divided FOR one and AGAINST the other candidate. We identify ourselves by the political candidates we side WITH.

I don't think God is pleased with this.

He does want us to take responsibility to do what we can, IMHO, but I do not think He is pleased when we become one with the political system, and let them take over our emotions and hearts.

We still need to have the mind of Christ, and the Character of Christ, even as we do what we can to help our prayers be answered, for freedom of religion in this country.
Daffodyllady
Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will recieve you... Abstain from all appearance of evil...Without holiness shall no man see the Lord.
daffodyllady
 
Posts: 4237
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby Jericho on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:35 am

I like that statement..delay the decay. Would be a good campaign slogan.


I wish I could take credit for it, but I stole it. :wink:

I don't know. Do you guys think its ok to vote for someone despite what he may(or may not) believe? Does voting for that person make us guilty of supporting the person's beliefs?


Many Christians are also struggling with this question. There are concerns about Romney and rightfully so. I think it comes down to personal conviction on what you should do. I tend to agree with daffodyllady, voting for someone does not mean I'm responsible for everything they do or agree with everything they believe.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
User avatar
Jericho
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:05 am
Location: Tx

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby Sword of Geddon on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:42 am

Jericho wrote:
I like that statement..delay the decay. Would be a good campaign slogan.


I wish I could take credit for it, but I stole it. :wink:

I don't know. Do you guys think its ok to vote for someone despite what he may(or may not) believe? Does voting for that person make us guilty of supporting the person's beliefs?


Many Christians are also struggling with this question. There are concerns about Romney and rightfully so. I think it comes down to personal conviction on what you should do. I tend to agree with daffodyllady, voting for someone does not mean I'm responsible for everything they do or agree with everything they believe.


That was what was bothering me. After I went to a site where it talked about the mormon "man can become a god" belief I backed away from supporting Romney, I mean, as a Christian that is just about as anti-christ as you can get, it scared me.

But I had a talk with my mother about it the other day, and she said most mormons actually don't believe in that old doctrine(man can become god), and Romney's wife is a christian, so she reasons that Romney himself may be one of those "born again Mormons" like Glenn Beck, basically a Christian but with a few strange beliefs(native americans being the lost tribes of israel), that are mostly harmless.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
User avatar
Sword of Geddon
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:47 pm

Re: Biggest power grab in the history of the GOP

Postby Sword of Geddon on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:48 am

daffodyllady wrote:I think the problem lies in how we view voting.

Is a vote a complete 100% endorsement of a man?
Is a vote for someone taking personal responsibility for whatever that man does while in office?

I think that is unreasonable.

Granted, the way politics is done in this country, is that people jump in feet first, and leave their brains behind. We generally get swallowed up by the parties and the causes. Emotions get so high that it could almost come to blows at times. We are divided FOR one and AGAINST the other candidate. We identify ourselves by the political candidates we side WITH.

I don't think God is pleased with this.

He does want us to take responsibility to do what we can, IMHO, but I do not think He is pleased when we become one with the political system, and let them take over our emotions and hearts.

We still need to have the mind of Christ, and the Character of Christ, even as we do what we can to help our prayers be answered, for freedom of religion in this country.



Yeah, people get so divided on political matters now that you cannot talk about politics unless the people your talking to agree with you. It is one of the three forbidden topics for casual conversation: 1. Politics, 2. Religion, 3. Sex :lol:

But I think there is another angle or aspect if you will, to the divide. Apparently at the DNC the other day there was a vote to reinstate the mentioning of God in the Democrat party platform. The delegates voted "nay" three times.

Denying God three times...why is that familiar?

Anyway the written Republican platform is totally judeo-christian now, and the delegates at the RNC when i watched it could not be more different than the delegates at the DNC.

I don't trust the Republican establishment, they have an agenda of their own, different then the democrats, but still an agenda nontheless. The grassroots are a different identity though.

I just think it is symbolic of the state of this country. One half denies God, the other at least claims to respect him.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
User avatar
Sword of Geddon
 
Posts: 1794
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:47 pm


Return to U.S. Presidential Election 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest