Quartet calls for PA control of Gaza

Postby extravagantchristian on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:00 pm

http://m.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflic ... aza-506291

US is part of the "Quartet"

QUIET ON SETTLEMENT ACTIVITY, MIDEAST QUARTET CALLS FOR PA CONTROL OF GAZA
> Talking cease-fire and Palestinian unity with a Hamas founder
> Five PA Security chiefs to meet with Hamas in Gaza next Monday
MICHAEL WILNER
A Palestinian Hamas militant takes part in a Gaza rally marking the twelfth anniversary of the death of late Hamas leader Sheikh Ahmed Yassin.. (photo credit:SUHAIB SALEM / REUTERS)
A Palestinian Hamas militant takes part in a Gaza rally marking the twelfth anniversary of the death of late Hamas leader Sheikh Ahmed Yassin.. (photo credit:SUHAIB SALEM / REUTERS)
The statement omitted any reference to Israeli settlement activity – a rarity for the Quartet.

WASHINGTON -- The Middle East Quartet, a working group on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict comprised of Russia, the United States, the European Union and the United Nations, issued a statement on Thursday addressing the growing humanitarian crisis plaguing Gaza following conversations between envoys from the four players.

Notably, the statement omitted any reference to Israeli settlement activity – a rarity for the Quartet, which in its last report on the conflict offered detailed and scathing criticism of the government's construction efforts.

Edited for copyright
extravagantchristian

Re: Quartet calls for PA control of Gaza

Postby 1whowaits on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:27 pm

It appears that the 4 'horns' (the Quartet) of Zech 1 are preparing for dividing Israel(from Gaza), Judah (cutting back on West Bank settlements), and Jerusalem (making Jerusalem and the Temple Mount an international city, not controlled by Israel). Zech 1 also points to a return of Israel to God 'Return to Me.... and I will return to you...', God may speak to Israel through events, and the Day of Atonement approaches.
1whowaits

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:12 am

Certainly it appears that the UN is considering more of a hands on role in the world these days, which is a significant shift, and relevant for an ultimately one world government (led by an antichrist).....

While this is certainly a significant development for Israel and bible prophecy, I do also find it rather stunning to see the UN body moving so heavily with a voice these days. I read elsewhere (unrelated to this quartet) that the UN body was considering options for N. Korea. Coupling this headline with that one, we see new "attitudes" emerging from the UN, which has, historically, not been so vocal and "boots on the ground" typed.

Just wow.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby extravagantchristian on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:09 am

So maybe trump is coordinating his coming peace plan with the quartet? I still think the Iranian nuke deal will be used as motivation for Israel to sign a peace deal.
extravagantchristian

Postby GodsStudent on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:30 am

With today's headline that Israel is planning on going to war in Syria, we may have more of a catalyst for seeking and getting resolution on the issues between Israel and her neighbors.....time will tell for sure.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Return to What you think (About news)