No More Nights

Latest prophecy related news.

No More Nights

Postby shorttribber on Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:08 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... at-81.html
Glen Campbell has gone to be with Christ......here is one of his best Christian songs I think....I really like this one....I was able to sing it in church once long ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TSTP6kAG1k
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

Find seven years of tribulation plainly stated in the Bible.
shorttribber

Re: No More Nights

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:23 pm

I particularly liked "Rhinestone Cowboy" and "Galveston" but Glen had many hits.

I'd not heard the tune you linked to, ST, but it's beautiful indeed.

Sad news of his passing, but good in another way. I don't think I was even aware that he was Christian. So thanks for posting this.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby shorttribber on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:09 pm

Abiding in His Word wrote:I'd not heard the tune you linked to, ST, but it's beautiful indeed.Sad news of his passing, but good in another way. I don't think I was even aware that he was Christian. So thanks for posting this.

He produced three it seems I remember about the late 90's, Christian tapes (tapes Back in the day) when he had a real conversion to Christ. It was a real conversion to Christ too I believe...the music and lyrics were really powerful.

I'll do a search for some more of his Christian songs and post the links on this thread.
The Wisest men have changed their Counsels and Resolves upon second thoughts, much more upon experience, and approaching evils not at first discovered. Rev. Herbert Croft, 1675

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.

shorttribber

Postby shorttribber on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:21 pm

shorttribber

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:35 pm

Wow, that was beautiful....Jesus and Me.

I do remember when Glen took his final bow, so to speak, at a Country and Western Award night some years back. His dementia had taken it's toll and his wife (I believe) introduced his song as his "good-bye" song. That was sad to say the least.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby GodsStudent on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Wow, I grew up on so many GREAT artists music, such as Glenn Campbell. I am glad he lived a biblical generation and was blessed, though....He sure did bless me with music all these years!
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby sacredcowbasher on Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:00 pm

Thanks ST for posting Glen’s songs. My wife and I watched a show about his life with Alzheimers that showed some of how it affects the people around them, like his wife. She was great in how she loved him and helped him as he attended various events and played in different gigs. He enjoyed playing music although he forgot some of the lyrics near the end. I think about him, Kris Kristoferson sp?, Bob Dylan, and Willie Nelson, at times, because they are or have been Christians. Kris has been dead for some time now.

Strangely, and for some reason, I didn’t know what the song, ‘No More Nights’ was about. I knew a little bit of the chorus and can remember singing it, but If I ever really listened to that song, maybe way back when I understood it to be what it is. It is an awesome song, and so is ‘Jesus and Me’. The latter I knew about and had seen him sing it. Glen was a very good guitar player. Lenni Kravitts sp? said of Glen that not only was he a great entertainer, but he was a great studio musician. He could play the licks. I saw him on a show with the men I mentioned above and others, including Mac Davis, and when Glen played his licks, it was effortless, or so it appeared. I think he was that good and gifted.
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Postby burien1 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:11 am

sacredcowbasher wrote:I think about him, Kris Kristoferson sp?, Bob Dylan, and Willie Nelson, at times, because they are or have been Christians. Kris has been dead for some time now.

:dunno: Unless Kris died in the last 2 months, he is still with us;
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/concerts/kris-kristofferson-gave-unbearably-poignant-performance-glastonbury/
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
burien1

Postby sacredcowbasher on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:33 pm

Thanks for correcting that Burien1. Read some of the article. At 81, no one should expect the same performance as when he was in his 60’s, but the world can be heartless. I feel so good about him being alive!

I always thought Kris was a very good actor. I hope his faith in Christ is still strong. I found a video where he and Glen are singing and playing ‘Bobby McGee’. In the front part, they bring you through some old pictures of Glen. Some of still shots and some are clips of him singing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UOhKFLWdM4
Gal 2: 14-19 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law ( the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus ), died to the law ( the law of sin and death ) that I might live to God. Parenthetical remarks added are mine.
sacredcowbasher

Return to What you think (About news)