Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Latest prophecy related news.

Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby eschologizer on Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:55 pm

http://www.wsj.com/articles/javier-solana-and-steven-blockmans-europe-needs-more-union-to-defend-itself-1426016839

This article is a short summary of the plan he and others have spent the last several months building. The plan is intended to be recommendations for the new High Representative on how to go about building a new European Defence Union. This Defence Union proposes many things, including a permanent military headquarters in Brussels, that is allowed to act independently of NATO but is intended to assist NATO as well. Document also recommends rapid military response in the neighborhood (7 year ENI area), to stabilize the situation there.

Click here to download. The PDF is free. The hardcopy is not.

http://www.ceps.eu/book/more-union-european-defence

FP Discussion board user Bryan B also found these, which happened as recently as this week:

http://www.fulfilledprophecy.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=70489#p583377

At the presentation of this plan at the CEPS Thinktank last week, he made a rather astounding statement:

'@javiersolana: "I will put all of the energies that I have left to push forward this process" of European defence integration #CEPSDefence
(From CEPS Twitter page).

A few interesting facts about Solana, that I didn't know/realize until like two weeks ago:

1) Javier Solana DID NOT confirm a covenant with many for one seven. He did help build the ENP, but the Commission confirmed it for seven years. Solana's name was nowhere on the ENPI regulation or proposal. Only in 2010, did the Council assign the High Representative as coordinator of the 7 year portion of the ENP, who had since become a Commissioner herself. Even now, the High Representative has been gradually given authority over the ENP in general. The HR now has the ENP Directorate staff report to her, which didn't used to be the case. Furthermore, as of 2014, she is Vice President over all external relations commissioners, including the ENP Commissioner. This allows Solana to possibly come back and confirm the ENI for seven years at its next rotation, fulfilling the prophecy for the first time.

2) Since the dissolution of the WEU in 2010 (which seems to fulfill prophecy), no person who has been a man has held the HR post. Furthermore, the only HR that ever held the post while the WEU was ten was Solana himself. Furthermore, he is the only one who can be said to have made low, humbled, or subdued the Big Three during the nuclear negotiations with the Iranians. He replaced the Big Three "directorate" and "triumverate" becoming leader of the negotiations. We could interpret Daniel 7 to be about the High Representative office in general, but the most natural reading would leave no one but Solana as someone capable of fulfilling it.
"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

http://www.euprophecynews.com/
eschologizer
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby Mr Baldy on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:07 pm

eschologizer wrote:Javier Solana DID NOT confirm a covenant with many for one seven. He did help build the ENP


Saying that Solana "DID NOT" confirm a covenant with many for one seven - may be a matter of semantics if you are also saying that he did "help build the ENP". If you are saying that he did not "make it strong" as the word "confirms" applies to Daniel 9:27 then I would have to agree with you. But keep this in mind.......

If one were to look at the ENP Theory as a whole - well it just won't go away, and neither has Solana. The ENP is a literal Covenant with Many; it's here to stay - and it is currently the only literal Covenant with Many that is viable.

When Scripture has mentioned the Covenant with Many we must look at all of the facts that has surrounded this particular case. Look at Revelation 13. Many want to assume that it is speaking of two men - verses a Beast System and a single man. Compare what is written in Revelation 13 with 1 John 2:18 (keep in mind that it is John who wrote these books - then ask yourself was he talking of two men - or a single Antichrist?). Look at how the WEU came to power over the years, and when it finally came to a 10 Nation Confederacy. Then look at Revelation 17:11-13 and consider what has happened to the WEU. Now look at Daniel 7:24...then finally Look at Solana.
Mr Baldy
 
Posts: 2518
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:26 pm
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby eschologizer on Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:39 pm

Good evening Mr Baldy. Great to hear from you. I also apologize for taking so long to respond to your comment on my website.

You are absolutely right that Solana helped build the ENP. He and Chris Patten wrote the initial paper recommending it. Furthermore, the Commission started building this, and according to some EU analysts, it was primarily their "baby." The Commission was taking a big lead at the launch of the program, so much so the Council protested and included clauses in the strategy paper launching the ENP (not the country strategy papers, the general one), insisting the Commission work closely with the High Representative where appropriate.

The ENP is the program launched in 2004 that basically bribes all of the Eastern and Mediterranean countries into good behavior. However, the initial funding mechanisms were incoherent, so the ENP was strengthened using a new funding instrument, the ENPI, specifically for a seven year period. It essentially the ENP for 7 years. This is no small matter, since the entire ENP is based on money. Because no money, then no ENP, because the ENP pays the countries to have good behavior. (This hasn't worked out so well so far, but I digress).

I completely agree with you that Solana had a big role to play in the launch of the ENP. And the ENP program as a whole has gone nowhere. (Indeed, they keep trying to make it stronger and make it work). But the Bible seems to say nothing about a covenant to establish bilateral ties with the EU's neighbors. It talks about confirming a covenant for seven years. Which Solana did not do this, it seems he was very weakly connected to that instrument. So the point that matters for prophecy, Solana seems to fall short.

However, what is intriguing about this is that in 2010, Council Decision 2010/427/EU names the High Representative the coordinator of the European Neighborhood and Partnership instrument (the 7 year portion specifically). Furthermore, this document also put the ENP staff, which was formerly under the Commission, under Ashton (who is now also a commissioner). Furthermore, this gradual progression of power has increased even as of late 2014. The new arrangement is that Mogherini is Vice President of all of the Vice Presidents of External Action, including the ENP Commissioner. The two of them recently launched their ENP consultation this month.

So Solana did not confirm a covenant with many for one seven. Not yet.....at least. But he did help create the program that eventually became that. This is the man who came up among a 10 nation alliance and humbled three. No other High representative can say that. Indeed, the other High Representatives have also been female. The Bible doesn't seem to imply that just anyone will make a seven year covenant. (if this was the case, we could indict Ashton as well as Barosso and many others). This is why we considered ENP Theory so significant. The man who came up among 10 nations is making a program that was confirmed for seven years. It is the future ruler, the Antichrist who does this. "He" will confirm a covenant with many for one seven.

So this means the only qualifying person to confirm a seven year covenant would be Solana, if we read the text in the most "face value" manner. As such he has not done this yet. He can easily do it in the future, on the next 7 year ENP cycle. And he will truly "confirm" it for seven years, since it wouldn't be the first time there was a 7 year covenant.

Jesus fulfilled the first half of the prophecies about him, and went away for a long time. In an unlikely parallel, the same could be said of Solana. For a natural reading of Daniel 7, he is the only one who can qualify. Everyone else is either female or wasn't High Rep while the WEU was ten. So when he makes a comeback, as High Representative, he will be confirming the covenant himself for the first time, for seven years. And in that midpoint, will be the AOD.

As to your thoughts about the two beasts, I see the beasts as representing both corporate and individual entities. Oddly enough, both Daniel 7 and Revelation 13 seem to do this. To say the beast is a man and the beast is his government is no contradiction, especially since the dictator effectively is the government. So when revelation 17 talks about the ten kings giving their authority to the beast, I am comfortable interpreting that in a corporate sense.

“So he told me and gave me the interpretation of these things: 17 ‘The four great beasts are four kings that will rise from the earth. 18 But the holy people of the Most High will receive the kingdom and will possess it forever—yes, for ever and ever.’
Daniel 7:16a-18

But later, the angel refers to them as kingdoms:

23 “He gave me this explanation: ‘The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it.


Since the Revelation beast has seven heads and ten horns, it is clearly corporate in nature. But it is also decisively personal in nature. Each of its heads represent the rulers. The beast speaks blasphemies against God, is worshiped, and is apparently mortally wounded (since one of the heads was mortally wounded, Revelation 17 describes these as 7 kings). But the beast from the abyss represents a an 8th king from among the 7, who through demon possession, apparently performs a fraudulent resurrection (though not a real resurrection).

The nature of the Beast from the Earth seems to be different, having two horns, forcing everyone to worship the first beast. Furthermore, at Armageddon, the beast and false prophet are captured and thrown into the lake of fire. So it seems two entities are here. This seems consistent with what is said in 2 Thessalonians 2, which does not specifically say that the AC performs miracles, only that his coming is alongside them.

8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His [f]coming; 9 that is, the one whose [g]coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and [h]signs and false wonders, 10 and with [i]all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.
2 Thessalonians 2:8-10

To sum it up, I guess I see it that Revelation portrays the sea beast as both a person and a system. Same could easily be said of the earth beast, who will likely lead an organization as well. Daniel 7 equivocates the beast and the leader of the beast, and it seems Revelation does that too.

As always, great to hear from you. Feel free to point out any areas that I may misunderstand your point of view. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

http://www.euprophecynews.com/
eschologizer
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby Mr Baldy on Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:48 pm

eschologizer wrote:Since the Revelation beast has seven heads and ten horns, it is clearly corporate in nature. But it is also decisively personal in nature. Each of its heads represent the rulers. The beast speaks blasphemies against God, is worshiped, and is apparently mortally wounded (since one of the heads was mortally wounded, Revelation 17 describes these as 7 kings). But the beast from the abyss represents a an 8th king from among the 7, who through demon possession, apparently performs a fraudulent resurrection (though not a real resurrection).The nature of the Beast from the Earth seems to be different, having two horns, forcing everyone to worship the first beast. Furthermore, at Armageddon, the beast and false prophet are captured and thrown into the lake of fire. So it seems two entities are here. This seems consistent with what is said in 2 Thessalonians 2, which does not specifically say that the AC performs miracles, only that his coming is alongside them.


eschologizer wrote:To sum it up, I guess I see it that Revelation portrays the sea beast as both a person and a system. Same could easily be said of the earth beast, who will likely lead an organization as well. Daniel 7 equivocates the beast and the leader of the beast, and it seems Revelation does that too.


Hi Eschologizer,

What you have written is precisely the reason why I have mentioned it along with Solana. My attempts were to tie this all together, and just give folk an idea of just how very close we may be to the Return of our Lord.

I have prayed about understanding on this - so let me again present what I have been trying to convey for several years now:

First, I believe that the Beast of the Sea in Revelation 13 is the 4th and Final Kingdom that will trample over the entire Earth as described in Daniel 7:23 -24. This same Sea Beast is synonymous with a man - who is it's ruler. The "mortal wound" that it receives and "appears" as dead is NOT a resurrection of a man - but the resurrection of the Revived Roman Empire or European Union. Notice that a man rises up after 10 Nations within this Kingdom is established.

Second, I believe that the Beast of the Earth is a man - the very same man synonymous with the Sea Beast. He speaks for this Kingdom - or is it's mouth. Because the Beast of the Sea is an Empire, it is this man or Antichrist that causes all to worship this Empire; and receive it's mark. Now, you may ask why is a "False Prophet" mentioned then if it is only one man? Well, look back to what Daniel has mentioned about this man: "he will speak out against the most High"; "wear down the saints of the Highest One"; and "he will make alterations in times, and "in law". Lets now take a look at what Revelation 13 has to say: "he exercises all the authority of the First Beast" he deceives; he performs great signs - These are the reasons why John has called the Antichrist a "False Prophet". The Book of Revelation doesn't even mention the term "False Prophet" in chapter 13: and the ONLY time Scripture begins to identify a "False Prophet" is later in chapter 16:13; 19:20 and 20:10 where I the term "False Prophet" is used to identify the Antichrist. I believe that this so-called second person identified as the "False Prophet" has been erroneously used - and that to sell books.

I could be very wrong however, but I truly don't believe there will be two men. Satan will run the 4th and Final Empire led by the Antichrist. It is the Antichrist who will exercise ALL authority of the First Beast - which is a Kingdom. It will be this Satanic Kingdom who will give him his Position - he will be working behind the power & authority of Satan. It is the Antichrist who will cause ALL to receive a Mark in their right hand or forehead; in order to eat; hold a job in this Beast Kingdom; and in order to sustain the basic needs in life. I further believe that it will be set up in the same manner in which most businesses are set up today. You are required to have an Identification Card to show that you belong.

I have attempted to bring this theory to the forefront because it all fits. You have mentioned that the Beast and the False Prophet are thrown into the Lake of Fire. This in appearance may imply that these are two individuals - but I beg to differ. It will be the Satanic Kingdom; 4th & Final Empire; or Beast System - (however one wants to label the 1st Beast or Beast from the Sea) that will be thrown into the Lake of Fire - along with his (and yes, I am calling the Beast Kingdom a he) False Prophet Antichrist. If Death and Hell can be cast into the Lake of Fire - so can a Beast Kingdom. Meaning Death and Hell are not individuals - yet they are mentioned as being cast into the Lake of Fire.

2 Thessalonians 2:6 specifically mentions that the coming Antichrist is being restrained - and he will NOT be revealed until the proper time. A true study of the bible - whether one wants to believe the ENP Theory or not - must clearly question WHY Solana, after coming up after a 10 Nation Confederacy was established; that established a Seat identified and/or connected to Power that could potentially control first a united Kingdom - then the entire World........

Just won't go away.......

Why is this happening? Why does it appear to fit Bible Prophecy? and why is God bringing this to so many people's attention?
Mr Baldy
 
Posts: 2518
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:26 pm
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby eschologizer on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:12 am

Good to hear from you Mr Baldy. Thanks for taking the time to explain your theory to me. It is very interesting. I have heard others (such as JustaSheep) mention it before, but I was not sure of the details.

My apologies for the delay in my response. Your theory is interesting, however, if you wouldn't mind, could you clarify how this theory gives a "boost" to Solana theory (if indeed that is what you mean?)

The reason I say that the Antichrist is mortally wounded and lives is because Revelation 13 seems to imply this. People would be impressed by the return of an Empire, though perhaps this wouldn't prompt the whole world to worship the Antichrist and beast, especially an image of the Antichrist. Revelation 17 says the heads of the beast are 7 kings, and also 7 mountains. So in the same way that the beast is interchangeable with its ruler, I believe those heads are the leaders of each of the kingdoms that have gone before (some say the list would include Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, MedoPersia, Greece, Rome, Revived Rome. The 8th king is implied to be part of the group of seven, and the 8th king comes from the abyss. Demons come from the Abyss, so it makes sense that the ruler of the revived Roman Empire (the seventh head) is in some sense, two different "people" (one is the man the Antichrist, the other is the demon). Revelation 17 says the whole world will be astonished when they see the beast because he formerly was, now is not, and will come (paraphrase). So it seems to all fit together that this demon will cause the AC to survive a mortal wound. Or indeed, the AC might even be dead, but no one will know it, because the demon is reanimating his body (thus it would be a "false" miracle). But I digress, I admit Revelation 17 is extremely difficult to interpret, so I would hate to be dogmatic on certain elements.

I guess in my interpretation, if Solana comes back, then with two beasts as one man or two beasts as separate people it would fulfill the prophecy very precisely. I am curious how your theory gives a special boost to Solana?

Thanks again and sorry for the delay in my response.
"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

http://www.euprophecynews.com/
eschologizer
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:41 am

Solana must be around 76 years old. I believe this theory is very weak, the WEU is not that strong either.... :grin:
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3
 
Posts: 1141
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:07 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby eschologizer on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:35 pm

Good afternoon WOODHENOT

The WEU is gone. Hence, this passage:

Revelation 17:12-13

12 The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they receive authority as kings with the beast for one hour. 13 These have one [a]purpose, and they give their power and authority to the beast.


And Revelation 17:17

17 For God has put it in their hearts to execute His [a]purpose [b]by having a common purpose, and by giving their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God will be fulfilled.


Solana won the Charlemagne prize for quickly integrating the WEU into the EU.

Furthermore, the final statement closing the WEU came in response to the Treaty of Lisbon, which they stated has a Common Security and Defence Policy (common purpose). Furthermore, at the Treaty of Lisbon, the 10 (and the rest of the 27) gave their kingdom to the beast. At the Treaty of Lisbon, the members "share sovereignty" at the EU level. So these ten kings gave their kingdom to the EU beast, because it has a common purpose (Common Security and Defence Policy). They then decided to disband, because the Treaty of Lisbon has its own mutual assistance clause.

http://www.weu.int/Declaration_E.pdf

Furthermore, Solana overcame the EU "Big Three" and became the face and voice of EU foreign policy. Formerly, these three had a "directorate" and a "triumverate" by which they tried to make decisions and perform negotiations on their own, on behalf of Europe. This changed, especially in context of the EU's iran negotiations, when Solana became the EU's primary negotiator. He did all of this, while being Secretary General of the 10 nation WEU, thus likely fulfilling this prophecy:

As for the ten horns, out of this kingdom ten kings will arise; and another will arise after them, and he will be different from the previous ones and will subdue three kings. Daniel 7:24


It seems the EU is the only game in town as far as a revived Roman Empire is concerned. It is also a divided kingdom, as Daniel 2:41 seems to say. The Eurozone crisis is a case and point.

41 In that you saw the feet and toes, partly of potter’s clay and partly of iron, it will be a divided kingdom; but it will have in it the toughness of iron, inasmuch as you saw the iron mixed with [a]common clay. Daniel 2:41


Solana is 72. Not a young man. But as of last week, he has vowed to place all of his remaining energies into the process of European defence integration. Below, the CEPS Thinktank quotes a statement he made on March 9, 2015.

'@javiersolana: "I will put all of the energies that I have left to push forward this process" of European defence integration #CEPSDefence


He has recently chaired a taskforce on EU security and defence, proposing that the EU become a "Security provider" by performing "rapid reaction" "military force" in its direct neighborhood. The report states that common security and defence policy should be integrated into the ENP, which is confirmed for seven years.

Thanks again for your reply. What are your thoughts?
"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

http://www.euprophecynews.com/
eschologizer
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:39 pm

The report states that common security and defence policy should be integrated into the ENP, which is confirmed for seven years

Is there a specific reason why the ENP uses a 7 year agreement? just curious....
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3
 
Posts: 1141
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:07 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby Ready1 on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:02 pm

Solana must be around 76 years old. I believe this theory is very weak, the WEU is not that strong either....


Actually he was born July 14, 1942 so he is 72...
Just observing.

E.
Ready1
 
Posts: 2788
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:14 am
Location: Central Cal

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby eschologizer on Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:37 pm

Good to hear from you all.


Woodhenot thanks for your reply. The ENP is confirmed for seven years because it corresponds to the EU's budget, which is normally seven years.

The funding instrument of the ENP is the ENPI (2007-2013) and ENI (2014-2020). This seems to go on a cyclical basis (i.e. they will probably do it again next rotation). The ENP is a program which pays member countries for good behavior, among other things. So the funding component of the ENP is arguably the most important. Israel is one of the ENI partner countries.

I guess I possibly see a future one of these, confirmed by perhaps a future High Representative Solana, to be the fulfillment.

Thanks again for your reply. What are your thoughts?
"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

http://www.euprophecynews.com/
eschologizer
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby Mr Baldy on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:40 am

eschologizer wrote:Solana overcame the EU "Big Three"


Hi Eschologizer,

First I'd like to thank you for all of the hard work and diligence that you've done concerning the ENP Theory. Your hard work and diligent effort has not gone unnoticed.

Sometimes when I look at all of the evidence that appears to point out that the ENP just may be the "Covenant with Many" that serious student of Bible Prophecy have been awaiting - it just simply amazes me that many have just outright dismissed it altogether.

The ENP may not be the "Covenant with Many" - but it should certainly leave anyone who can view evidence, and facts scratching their heads as to why so many things have, and continue to line up pointing to it. Now in mentioning this, you have wrote that "Solana overcame the EU Big Three" - meaning: France, Germany and the UK.

In Daniel 7:20 - in which the meaning of the 10 horns and the "other horn which came up"; is provided - Can you please explain how you believe that Solana "overcame the EU Big Three"? I know that you provided a link to how these three had a "directorate" and a "triumverate" by which they tried to make decisions and perform negotiations on their own, on behalf of Europe - and I guess Solana snuffed this action out. But how does this fulfill Daniel 7:20? Meaning how do "they fall" - or how are they "pulled up; plucked out; fall; or uprooted"?

I'll provide what Scripture mentions in Daniel 7:20 from the NASB standpoint:



Daniel 7:19-20 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

19) “Then I desired to know the exact meaning of the fourth beast, which was different from all the others, exceedingly dreadful, with its teeth of iron and its claws of bronze, and which devoured, crushed and trampled down the remainder with its feet, 20) and the meaning of the ten horns that were on its head and the other horn which came up, and before which three of them fell, namely, that horn which had eyes and a mouth uttering great boasts and which was larger in appearance than its associates.


Now from the aforementioned passage of Scripture - which explains the Final Beast Empire (EU) I included verse 19 to begin with so that it may explain that we are discussing a Beast Empire and a man. Verse 20 clearly describes the man as it mentions: "that horn which had eyes and a mouth". But in the natural reading of this passage of Scripture it says that three of them fell - meaning three of the 10 horns, but it appears to also include the man.

Let's also look at - Daniel 7:7-8 - which states:



Daniel 7:7-8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

7) After this I kept looking in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrifying and extremely strong; and it had large iron teeth. It devoured and crushed and trampled down the remainder with its feet; and it was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns. 8) While I was contemplating the horns, behold, another horn, a little one, came up among them, and three of the first horns were pulled out by the roots before it; and behold, this horn possessed eyes like the eyes of a man and a mouth uttering great boasts.


Ok, in reading Daniel 7:7-8 which provides the initial description of the Forth and Final Beast Rising - the 10 horns; and then "another horn" - which we have interpreted as the Antichrist prior to the explanation provided in Daniel 7:19-20. This particular passage of Scripture describes three of the first horns pulled out by the roots BEFORE IT

So, do we have the coming Antichrist plucking out or uprooting the Three (3) - or is it the Beast System that is responsible for this? If it is the Antichrist completing this action, then it would appear as if this action is done prior to him having the authority to do so..........

What say ye?

I'm thanking you for your answer in advance - as this has always given me problems in interpreting it's message.
Mr Baldy
 
Posts: 2518
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:26 pm
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby Jay Ross on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:55 pm

Mr B.

Is there not a 1,000 year period hidden in scripture between Daniel 7:18 and Daniel 7:19 that is required to be understood by the scholars to correctly formulate our understanding of the End Times.

Daniel 7:1-12 speaks of four beasts that arise up out of the earth while Daniel 7:19-28 speaks of the time, 1,000 years later, that the original four beasts of Daniel 7:1-12 rise up as a combined single beast entity during the "little while" period of Revelation 20, and this part of the End Times story is found, in part, in Revelation 9, 12, 13.

As far as I know, the 1,000 years period in Daniel 7 between verses 18 and 19 will begin in our near future and will herald a 1,000 year period of relative peace on the earth.
Jay Ross
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:11 am

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby eschologizer on Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:57 pm

Good evening Mr. B,

Thanks for your kind words and your hard work on this as well! I appreciate your willingness to engage, as always.

As far as the subduing of the three are concerned, here is my reasoning:

24 The ten horns are ten kings who will come from this kingdom. After them another king will arise, different from the earlier ones; he will subdue three kings.
Daniel 7:24 NASB

I also wanted to know about the ten horns on its head and about the other horn that came up, before which three of them fell—the horn that looked more imposing than the others and that had eyes and a mouth that spoke boastfully.
Daniel 7:20

Solana was the only High Representative to hold the office of WEU Secretary General, and that, while it was 10 nations. However, though these two roles are combined into one person, Solana still had a lot less political power than his counterparts. Furthermore (as we all know) the appointment of the HR was recommended using document 666. Hence, we have a solid case for a little horn.

Now, the Big Three did try to form a triumvirate and a directorate, much to the frustration of the other member states, who requested that Solana accompany the Big Three. If I am not mistaken, the Big Three tried to have meetings which they made decisions for all of the EU. They claimed that together, they represented more than 65% of the population, so it would make sense they would have meetings. Furthermore, they claimed they would make decisions that were good for everyone.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3500949.stm

Now the prophecy states that the little horn, who is a man, subdues three of the ten. Here is the word that is used to describe the subduing:

One verse using that word with that case and tense I think:

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/yehashpil_8214.htm

Here is the uses of the word throughout the Bible:

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/8214.htm

Notice the word is usually translated as "humbled" or to "abase" in other cases and tenses. So its not necessarily a violent thing. So as you mentioned (and as I will in a moment get to) Solana did snuff out this behavior.

Here is my understanding of how it went down. The Big Three acted as the primary negotiators in a major foreign policy issue, Iran's nuclear program. They even left Solana home at the beginning, and then at the request of the smaller member states, brought him along. Sooner or later.....he started bringing THEM along. Then on 06/06/06, Solana (not the big 3) was shown on national news with a nuclear proposal both Iran and the security council could agree to. In this way, Solana became the face and voice of EU foreign affairs, instead of letting the Big 3 dominate foreign policy. Though the EU has a long way to go as far as having the High Rep be an actual "foreign minister" this was a major milestone which humbled, abased, or put down those three kings.

Just a quick note, I think Herb Peters, in his end time news report, very shortly prior to the end of his life, stated that Solana subdued the three kings. Before, he was merely anticipating and waiting for that event. (Of course, this is just his view, of things, the fact that it was his view is not authoritative.)

But I digress.

The text implies it is 3 of the ten that are subdued, not three of the 28.

You mention that this doesn't seem much like an "uprooting." To which I will contrast two Bible passages.

In Daniel 7 it describes a little horn that uproots three of ten. This technically leaves 7 horns on the head of the beast (with the little/large horn being the 8th).

However, in Revelation 17, it states that ALL ten kings voluntarily hand their power over to the beast. So with the imagery in Daniel 7, we would think that only 7 countries would be left. So somehow, all ten are present when they hand their power to the beast in the end. And one would assume that the uprooting event would happen prior to the ten kings giving their power and authority to the beast. So in sequence:

1) Antichrist uproots 3/10 (subdues them)
2) All 10 give their power and authority to the beast

So all ten have to be present for the second event. I believe this happened with the Treaty of Lisbon and the subsequent dissolution of the WEU. So despite the seemingly contradictory nature of the two passages, they seem to nicely fulfill both prophecies.

1) Solana subdues the EU BIg Three in Iran negotiations
2) At the Treaty of Lisbon, all of the EU members give their sovereignty to the beast, and the WEU subsequently closes

So in this final picture, all of them have lost their national sovereignty to some extent.

So Solana was largely victorious in his power struggle against the Big Three. Which is seems is all that is needed to fulfill the prophecy.

Now don't get me wrong, the Big Three still "exist" and are still analyzed in foreign policy terms by analysts. But now, its more like they are all off doing their own thing and dragging their feet to do what the EU wants. In my opinion, this is a sharp contrast to around 2004, when they tried to BE the main decision makers for the whole EU.

The High Representative hasn't totally consolidated power. This will happens when the EU gradually forms its common purpose (common security and defence policy) and more people "get with the program" so to speak.

But as far as the subduing event, I see no reason we can't say that about Solana, especially given the Revelation 17 passage implies the 10 voluntarily submit their authority to the beast. So it is perhaps a nonviolent event.

Now that the WEU are gone, Solana, the Big Three and his becoming the face of the EU on the world stage (for the most part), he becomes the "only game in town" as far as prophecy is concerned.

This is not much evidence for my viewpoint, but more fun "finesse" we will both appreciate, but I accidentally came along another 666 connection, when researching Solana and the Big Three:

"Dr. Solana also became, together with the Big Three states of France, the United Kingdom, and Germany, a major mediator in Europe's relations with Iran since 2004. He presented the following three advantages. Internally to the EU, he represented all EU states, and not just the Big Three. This was a major issue for small states, which asked for the inclusion of the High Representative in the negotiations (Sauer 2007,10). In Iran itself, he was seen as a neutral actor as opposed to a negative actor such as the United States (Chubin, 2006, 66)." (emphasis added)


Just a quick aside, I noticed Solana, in 2010, saying the EU was a great experiment in "world government" and basically that we needed a "world government" (Spanish: Gobierno Mundial) to have peace. He gave this in a speech at ESADE business school after he "retired" (which he himself says, did not retire).

Feel free to disagree with me here (or on anything for that matter) but I originally interpreted Daniel 7 and the little horn to be about the position of the High Representative, and not a specific person. But now I guess I see no reason it shouldn't be about a person.

Thanks again Mr Baldy what are your thoughts?
"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

http://www.euprophecynews.com/
eschologizer
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby Mr Baldy on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:53 pm

Hi Eschologizer,

Nice Work!

Just something I want to comment on however:

eschologizer wrote:The High Representative hasn't totally consolidated power.


This was my original thought and the reason in which I posed my questions to you.

I must say, and I agree with your explanation - you have mentioned that the three are subdued prior to the handing over power to the EU and all 10 must be together for this to occur. Not to mention, as you have suggested as well, all 10 became defunct with the passing of the Lisbon Treaty. Makes total sense.

I love hard facts - this is evidence that cannot be denied. Again, Great Work!

eschologizer wrote:Just a quick aside, I noticed Solana, in 2010, saying the EU was a great experiment in "world government" and basically that we needed a "world government" (Spanish: Gobierno Mundial) to have peace. He gave this in a speech at ESADE business school after he "retired" (which he himself says, did not retire).


Eschologizer, have you taken notice in your studies that Solana sure does use the term "world government" or "global governance" a lot? If not, please take a moment to look at any notes you have and see how often he uses those terms. Is as if he knows something no one else does at this moment.

eschologizer wrote:Furthermore (as we all know) the appointment of the HR was recommended using document 666. Hence, we have a solid case for a little horn.


eschologizer wrote:Now that the WEU are gone, Solana, the Big Three and his becoming the face of the EU on the world stage (for the most part), he becomes the "only game in town" as far as prophecy is concerned.


eschologizer wrote:I originally interpreted Daniel 7 and the little horn to be about the position of the High Representative, and not a specific person. But now I guess I see no reason it shouldn't be about a person.


I saved the last 3 aforementioned comments that you wrote to illustrate a point. What you have provided is very profound given the evidence that has supported this theory - that just simply won't go away. Any reasonable person would at least consider that with all the evidence that has been presented over the years - that there indeed lies a solid case for the rising of the potential Antichrist.
Mr Baldy
 
Posts: 2518
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:26 pm
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby Mr Baldy on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:52 pm

A thought just occurred to me.....

Scripture never says that we won't have a "bead" on who the Antichrist might be - just that he will remain "hidden" until the proper time.

We have some Christians that are pretty smart cookies! :mrgreen:
Mr Baldy
 
Posts: 2518
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:26 pm
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby kirthril on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Mr Baldy wrote:A thought just occurred to me.....

Scripture never says that we won't have a "bead" on who the Antichrist might be - just that he will remain "hidden" until the proper time.

We have some Christians that are pretty smart cookies! :mrgreen:

Well those who are watching will most likely know well before he establishes himself as god on earth. I mean he isnt exactly subtle in his rise to power amongst a 10 nation alliance. Take the new greek president for example, meteoric rise unreported by the MSM, but offhand news sites caught him quick. Those who aren't watching as well as those who are unbelievers, he will be revealed at that time.
"It is not who I am...But what I do that defines me" -Batman, Batman Begins
kirthril
 
Posts: 1731
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:03 am
Location: Virginia

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby eschologizer on Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Great to hear from you Mr Baldy! This man stubbornly won't go away. It is very strange indeed.

I have been having some weird experiences the last few days. While i feel the strength of the "Solana theory" I do have some tensions or questions I want resolved. Hence, I had a dream last night, where there were three horns and a little horn I think, and it was a fitful dream because I was feeling the tension of how the horn imagery doesn't seem to fit SOlana leaving and coming back.

But I digress.

I agree with Herb Peters' assessment that Javier Solana met the criteria to subdue the three kings. Though this trio oddly still exist, they don't exist in the same openly rebellious fashion they used to, trying to be the decision makers and the face of the EU itself, leaving the HR at home. In this way they have been subdued, and the little horn grew larger as a result.

If Solana is the Antichrist, it is quite interesting, because if we view those prophecies as referring to a man, then Daniel 9:27 talks about a "he" who will confirm the covenant with many for one seven. Now, we all know that this doesn't mean just anyone will make a seven year covenant. Indeed, if that is all the information Herb Peters had about the EU's seven year covenant, we may as well have assumed the EU commission president was the AC, or that it was a mere coincidence. In my opinion, what made the original ENP theory so stunning was that it wasn't that just anyone who supposedly built a seven year covenant, it was the guy who came up among ten and came in conflict with three, ultimately subduing them.

Yet this I think is a very interesting part. It says "he," not just anyone, will make a covenant with many for one seven. And interestingly enough, though the EU has seven year covenants with Israel, our guy Javier did not confirm a covenant with many for one seven. Now as far as things have gone so far, Scripture has been fulfilled literally and naturally, almost to a "T." So it would be in this case. It is quite intriguing, that Solana was one of the two main architects of the ENP, though he specifically did not confirm it for seven years back in 2007. That was the Commissions job, since they dealt with the budget and financing. In order for the 70th week to launch, this is a prerequisite for the Antichrist to do the confirmation, not just anyone from the EU. So hence, it is not entirely odd that nothing happened in 2010, because the 70th week didn't actually launch. Perhaps this is a bit of hindsight bias, but legally speaking, Solana was quite detached from the ENPI instrument. So that is why the 70th week did not launch in 2007 as we suspected.

This is not at all to downplay the significance of his involvement in the ENP program. Nor to downplay the prophetic significance of that. I just think it has a prophetic significance we did not expect. However, right after the theories "failure" in 2010, the ENPI was specifically handed over to the High Representative, using Council Decision 2010/427/EU. Previously, that was entirely the commission's domain, since it related to funding. Now the High Representative was supposed to "coordinate" the EU's external action, using the ENPI (specifically, the 7 year portion of the ENP). The HR's closeness and authority over the ENP has only increased. Now the HR is HERSELF a commissioner, so the lines between the HR and Commission are much more blurred than they were when Solana was HR. Now, as of 2014, the HR is actually vice president over all of the external relations commissioners. All of the ENP staff are under her as well. These were transferred over from the Commission in 2010. The HR's power grows, at an alarming rate perhaps.

Why do I go to such painful detail about the bureaucracy? Here is the stunning thing. Solana was the author of both Barcelona process and the ENP, but not confirming it for seven years. He is the one who came up among ten, subdued three, and then the WEU subsequently consolidated into the EU. He is "the only game in town." No one else qualifies. Therefore, to fulfill Daniel 9:27, it is HE who must confirm the ENP for seven years, not just the EU Commission.

And that is PRECISELY what will happen if he becomes HR again. The HR didn't have any legal domain over the ENPI when Solana was in charge. But if he comes back next rotation, by default, he will confirm the 7 year treaty in a more dramatic way than we even supposed he did under Herb's ENP Theory interpretation. He will be more intimately connected to, and have authority over the ENP, and specifically the 7 year portion of the ENP, which he did not have back in 2007. So if he becomes HR, he automatically, by virtue of his position, does what is needed to launch the 70th week, since it is HE who confirms the covenant with many for one seven. To top it all off, this is the covenant he has helped build for this whole time.

If he returns as HR, he will likely be "more imposing than the others" as in a bigger horn than the others. The EU High Representative has had its powers greatly increased. I just learned yesterday that many of Solana's recommendations about the new EUHR powers were actually implemented in the Lisbon treaty. Furthermore, the EU has implemented SOlana's recommendation to give the new HR a "right of initiative" in CFSP matters. This means that the HR has the power to be able to propose, along with the member states, actual EU legislation regarding CFSP, which the Commission specifically does not have the authority to do. The Commission is mainly the only body who can propose EU law....except in CFSP matters. That is reserved for the member states....and High Representative. In that case, it has more legal authority, and not just a position driven by strong personality and consensus building, as Solana's weaker HR position was.

Now all that being said, there is a missing piece to this puzzle. Its as if we have all of the whole puzzle made, but without the piece in the middle. What is the piece in the middle? Solana must become HR again. That is the missing piece. This would be a dramatic authentication of ENP theory.

There are a couple approaches to this "missing piece."

For one, Solana fulfilled part of the prophecies about the Antichrist (very specific one's, not general ones). So its kind of a safe bet to say he will fulfill the last bit as well. For example, at the first coming of Christ, Jesus fulfilled part of the Messianic prophecies. We await the fulfillment of the last portion, because he fulfilled the first portion. Perhaps we can make a case for doing that here as well.


Now all that being said, I have two discomforts about this theory. They aren't insurmountable, but they are real discomforts (hence, my weird dream last night).

1) Solana's age. Though this is no theological difficulty, by the time the next 7 year covenant rolls around he will be getting up there (77-78). Not too old to be a leader (i.e. see many congressmen and women). But still, starts pushing the envelope with having enough physical strength and desire to be a head of state without getting worn out. Again this is not a theological difficulty. But it could be an indicator that we missed an important piece, and are on the wrong track. Kind of like Solana's retirement in 2009. That happened right before the AOD was supposed to happen, and it didn't give us much pause, though it should have. I fear the same here, though again, no theological difficulties. I saw someone on twitter say he was still "going strong" at one of his speeches. So as for now, he has a lot of energy.

2) The fact that for this to work, Solana would have to "leave and come back." We must admit to ourselves that theologically speaking, highly unexpected that would happen. Daniel 7 doesn't seem to say anything about that. Its as if the little horn plucks out three then gets small again. But then again, Daniel 7 could certainly allow for it. Many Bible prophecy passages (ESPECIALLY Daniel 7) contain rather drastic time compression in them. Daniel 7 talks about one fourth kingdom, but just from reading the passage, we wouldn't have any idea there would be a huge 1500 year gap between a Roman Empire with two stages. Same could be applied here I guess. If the little/big horn takes a ten year break, its rather inconsequential I guess, since so much time compression exists in Daniel 7. Though it is highly unexpected he would be succeeded by two women. Daniel 7 still "works" theologically, but still somewhat odd. Though I am perpetually intrigued by the fact that it is indeed....two women....in a row. "after them, another KING will arise" Solana is a man, and thus a "king" not a queen. He was succeeded by two women, which makes me suspicious, because it only talks about one king arising after the ten. And conveniently, his successors are women.....Though not a strong argument theologically speaking, it is quite interesting. Further evidence that he is the "only game in town." It's as if all others are locked out of even being candidates for being AC.

Oh and you are very right, Solana loves to talk about "global governance." Saw him mention it on twitter again, and he has an article about it too. But I didn't know that he actually said "world government" in one of his speeches, until recently. Apparently this happened at ESADE in 2010 and farmer bjorn found it.

I very much appreciate your feedback and insights as always Mr B. I enjoy our discussions very much. That being said, what are your thoughts? Solana's departure seems a bit "disconfirmatory," though not an outright theological problem. How do you think we can reconcile this? And I agree with you that the Antichrist will only be unveiled for who he really is at a certain period of time. But I don't think that means we can't have a very strong idea in advance, since there are numerous prophecies about the AC that do not pertain to the AOD, and pertain to warfare, political agreements etc.

What are your thoughts?
"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

http://www.euprophecynews.com/
eschologizer
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby Mr Baldy on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:00 pm

eschologizer wrote:In order for the 70th week to launch, this is a prerequisite for the Antichrist to do the confirmation


Hi Eschologizer,

I once believed that it was the confirmation of the Covenant with Many that began the 70th week as well - however, I'm not so sure about that. I believe that it is very well connected to it - as in it's middle we have the A0D. I believe that we have to look at WHY Jesus specifically mentioned the A0D and WHY it requires the reader to have understanding. (Matthew 24:15) I personally believe that the A0D is the 1st Day of the 70th week - but that's another topic.

eschologizer wrote:Now all that being said, there is a missing piece to this puzzle. Its as if we have all of the whole puzzle made, but without the piece in the middle. What is the piece in the middle? Solana must become HR again. That is the missing piece. This would be a dramatic authentication of ENP theory.


Not only would his return be authentication of the ENP theory - but it will also fulfill bible prophecy in that he would be the coming Antichrist.

eschologizer wrote:
I have two discomforts about this theory.

1) Solana's age.

2) The fact that for this to work, Solana would have to "leave and come back."


Solana is 72 - that in itself would appear to be very old for a Politician. However, if he were to return at some point during this current budget for the ENP (2014-2020) that would make him 78. Age in itself is not a factor as it concerns the coming Antichrist. We must remember that Scripture never provides an age timeframe - as some men would have one to believe. Not to mention, I have come across some well aged men and women who are in great physical condition, and have very sharp minds - "IF" Solana were to become the Antichrist, he will be working behind the power of Satan - that in itself is a power that no mere mortal man can match. So again, I believe that age is a nonfactor.

As far as him leaving - well he's already done that. We're just awaiting his return, as he has certainly fulfilled bible prophecy in his inauguration debut as the High Representative of the EU. And as you have mentioned, there are so many "road signs" that have mostly gone unchecked by Students of Bible Prophecy that point in his direction as well.

eschologizer wrote:Solana's departure seems a bit "disconfirmatory," though not an outright theological problem. How do you think we can reconcile this?


When I read the aforementioned statement - 2 Thessalonians 2:6 - came to mind immediately. 2 Thessalonians 2:6 clearly states that the coming Antichrist is being "restrained" so that in his time he will be "revealed". It is my opinion that the Beast System is what sets up the stage for him to arrive on scene to take over - prior to the Restrainer being removed. In other words, others within the Beast System will have put the necessary pieces of the puzzle in place by the authority that they have. IE... Catherine Ashton, and now Federica Mogherini. These two women have made strides in the ENP that I don't believe Solana would have been able to carryout. Certainly not because he's not capable - but because it is not his time to be revealed "IF" he is the coming Antichrist. I honestly believe that Serious Students of Bible Prophecy would have been able to know with certainty that he was the Antichrist had he not stepped down. He did so because the timing for him was not right, and he knew it. The right people & system had to put the right things into place: Like the Lisbon Treaty for instance, and the European Security Strategy. So the process will continue with Mogherini and others within the EU Beast System to set the stage in order for him to return.

In closing, "IF" the coming Antichrist is indeed Solana - then we know that the Return of Christ is very near, in that the only candidate that could fulfill the ENP Theory is Solana.
Mr Baldy
 
Posts: 2518
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:26 pm
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby eschologizer on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:23 pm

Thank you for your insightful reply Mr Baldy. Very interesting thoughts indeed.

I guess you are right. As per Solana's age, that doesn't technically count against the Theory. As you said, he is empowered by Satan. Revelation talks about the beast being from the abyss. Human beings obviously don't come from the abyss, so its clearly a demonic reference, which could empower him. Does make you wonder why Satan would pick an old guy to do it though.

Same goes for his departure. While the horn imagery is technically allowable, we wouldn't expect it based on the vision in Daniel 7. But then again, with all the time compression in Daniel 7 as there is, 10 years is inconsequential. I was thinking today that, if Solana did in fact come back, and fulfill the rest of the prophecies, nobody would gripe to us that there was an "intermission" of sorts. I can just imagine myself explaining the theory to someone, and nobody really complaining and saying "oh none of this can count, because he took a break." Prophecy is full of "intermissions" (i.e. first and second coming of Christ, Israel and its later rebirth, the Roman Empire and revived Roman Empire.) So I guess, while were at it, may as well throw in another intermission (Solana I and Solana II).

So I agree. These are primarily not theological concerns. Which works greatly in our favor. But all good theories make predictions. And these are things we would not expect if the theory was true. I guess, it should give us a little...pause. Because the midpoint of the first 7 year covenant was approaching in 2010, Solana stepped down right then. Kind of a warning signal I suppose, that we all ignored. I guess these things (his age, and his departure) give me signficant "pause" in that it could be a sign we are yet again, off track in some respect.

If Solana were to return to office, he would arrive about 1 year before the launch of the next 7 year treaty. So he would be installed in power just in time to confirm it for 7 years, which he would do by default, simply by virtue of being the High Representative. So he would fulfill all the original prophecies flawlessly, according to the way they have been traditionally taught by premill scholars. This would bring great glory to God. And a mixed cocktail of fear and hopeful expectation for the return of Jesus for us.

There are lots of things that Solana does or advocates, which just so happen to be in line with other prophecies about the AC, not just the traditional ENP mix. The things he says are quite striking sometimes. I think Im gonna compile a list of some sort. Its very interesting. Even Daniel 11:35-11:45, which are future from the standpoint of 2015, even have hints in them that point to Solana.

Today, the Twittersphere was abnormally vocal about Solana....definitely in a bad way. They are accusing him of war crimes in the Yugoslavia war in 1999, while he was NATO Sec Gen. I don't want to get too political, but I find their case moderately convincing. Human Rights Watch even wrote a letter to Solana in 1999, asking him to answer for (or investigate) people responsible for various "rules of war" violations and human rights violations. You can read the letter from human rights watch here:

http://reliefweb.int/report/serbia/kosovo-human-rights-flash-37

To summarize, Solana:

- hit at least one explicitly civilian target (i.e. a news station in support of Milosevic)
- used "cluster bombs" which have a high "dud" rate (i.e. they explode long after the war, injuring people)
- destroyed the power grid which would have no noticeable military advantage. Adversely demoralizes civilians
- Hit targets in which civilians could be killed, without taking the proper precautions

Not the worst someone could do. But still bad.

Of course, those who tweet inflammatory things at him have a lot worse to say about him. Some articles on the internet detail how many bridges, hospitals, and schools and civilians were destroyed in NATO's bombing, which Solana apparently gave the order for. The pictures of the bombing don't help his case.

We know the AC will be a warmonger after he is struck by the king of the South (EGypt) and king of the North (Russia? Syria?). Perhaps his NATO activities are a bit of a foretaste of how he will behave when doing "rapid reaction" "military force" in the neighborhood, as his new CEPS Report repeatedly advocates. He seems like a peaceful person, but in reality strongly encourages significant defence spending increases.

The Bible says the AC will honor the god of fortresses, and disregard all other gods besides himself. It seems theologians think that this means he will honor military power above all else. The Bible says the AC honors this god with lots of gold and silver (i.e. money). One could interpret this is that the AC will be non religiousl (except for worshipping himself) and spend heavily on military.

Solana appears to be a somewhat non-religious person. He honors no other gods. Furthermore, he has advocated major defence spending increases in his new report, even above what NATO requires. Furthermore, the Daniel 11:36-45 passage opens by saying that "The king will do as he pleases." Way back, Solana once said he has started to "do whatever I want."

These things could be said about a lot of politicians. But they are quite a strong indictment when applied to a person who we already know fulfilled parts of Daniel 7. His comments about how the EU is a great lab experiment of what a world government could be just exacerbate the issue.

I agree with you that the beast system is setting the stage for his possible and eventual arrival. (Would have to probably happen by the next HR term (2019) or else he's getting too old for this to be a reasonable theory. You will appreciate this article by a Canadian academic, which repeatedly talks about the EU's CSDP structures as "the beast." Little does he know how true it is!

http://www.iaffairscanada.com/2015/the-elusive-european-defense-unveiled-2

I too have sought the scriptures to find a place where Solana's departure could be justified. This comes to mind:

6 I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!” 2 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. Revelation 6:1-2


Many theologians think this rider is the AC, when he does a lot of conquering (probably peaceful). Only after him does the red horse of war come. When Solana's report talks about doing CSDP missions as part of the "ENP Toolbox" it becomes all the more illuminating. Rapid reaction military force in the EU's neighborhood to restore order is very much the revival of Rome, since the map of the ENP looks like a map of the Roman empire, and they would be militarily occupying countries in the Mediterranean. In this case, a European political entity is sending its military forces throughout the Mediterranean, to maintain the peace. This sounds very reminiscent of the Roman empire in its revived form.

So note, the rider does not ride out and do all this conquering until Jesus lets him, at the opening of the first seal.

I agree with you that the AC will unveiled for who he really is, at the AOD. He will display himself as God in the temple. Perhaps this is when all the boasting starts. I am not sure. We will certainly see a bit of his character show when he goes to war with those that attack him. But on that day of AOD, his true colors will show.

Another ENP watcher sent me something on Facebook that intrigued me. I don't know what to make of it. Although the verses prior to Daniel 11:36 are fulfilled in the historical person of Antiochus Ephiphanes, many theologians regard him as the "type" or forrunner of the AC. There are numerous parallels to him and what the AC will do. Even Daniel 8, though about Antiochus, seems to also be intended to be a prediction about the AC as well, a "dual prophecy" as it were.

But here is this verse from Daniel 11 which he sent me:

21 “He will be succeeded by a contemptible person who has not been given the honor of royalty. He will invade the kingdom when its people feel secure, and he will seize it through intrigue. Daniel 11:21


This is a historical truth about Antiochus IV Epiphanes, who was not the rightful heir, and was apparently tricky in his rise to power. However, the careers of Antiochus and the AC seem to be intentionally linked/foreshadowed in the Old Testament, in a couple instances at least.

After all, Antiochus committed the first AOD (hence, how we can know what the term even means). Theologians have long noted the connection between Antiochus and the AC. So perhaps this is a hint to how Solana will potentially rise, even though it doesn't specifically relate to him and was historically fulfilled in Antiochus IV Epiphanes.

The historical connection sharply stops at verse 11:36....even though it almost acts like its talking about the same person (despite the differences between them). Hence, another intentional connection between the two.

Thanks again for your thoughts. As always, great to hear from you. What do you make of all of this?
"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

http://www.euprophecynews.com/
eschologizer
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby Mr Baldy on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:08 pm

Hi Eschologizer,

Again....just absolutely GREAT information!

eschologizer wrote:the beast system is setting the stage for his possible and eventual arrival. (Would have to probably happen by the next HR term (2019) or else he's getting too old for this to be a reasonable theory. You will appreciate this article by a Canadian academic, which repeatedly talks about the EU's CSDP structures as "the beast." Little does he know how true it is! http://www.iaffairscanada.com/2015/the- ... unveiled-2


I don't want to get too far ahead of myself by also connecting Bible Prophecy with what's clearly being printing by a Secular source. However, I must say that link you have provided is absolutely "spot on".

I know that many won't buy into the theory that the 1st Beast described in Revelation 13 is an Empire; it receives a fatal wound that is healed - and then the whole world is amazed and follows after it. But it sure does sound like the Old Roman Empire that was apparently dead - and is now alive in the EU, and will "Tread it down and crush it".



Daniel 7:23 - New American Standard Bible (NASB)

“Thus he said: ‘The fourth beast will be a fourth kingdom on the earth, which will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth and tread it down and crush it.


Eschologizer, my good friend in Christ.....surely all of these things that are apparently coming to your attention, as well as others who are watching for His Return are not going in vain. What are the chances of ALL of these things that are pointing to a certain man, who is literally fulfilling Bible Prophecy in a time that others aren't watching or paying attention at all?

I want to encourage you, and applaud you for your hard work and diligence in edifying the Body of Christ with not only the wealth of information that you bring - but also your God given wisdom to provide insight on what you have been delivering as well. God bless you, and keep you Brother!

I thank you. You have surely been a blessing to me.
Mr Baldy
 
Posts: 2518
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:26 pm
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby eschologizer on Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:03 pm

Mr Baldy,

Thank you for you kind words my brother in Christ! God bless and keep you as well! I think God has given us both wisdom in these matters (if this Solana theory turns out to be correct). You have been a blessing to me as well!

I do have to admit the waiting gets exhausting. I sure hope God has given us both wisdom. I'd hate for us to get burned again. Four and a half years is a long time to wait to see if Javier will be the next HR. Most of me completely agrees with you. How could all of this stuff happen, and none of it possibly have any relation to prophecy? If any of the 10 kings WEU stuff is true, Solana is the only game in town. Also, to think those 7 year ENP cycles...just everything...going on at once...how could it not mean anything? We have to be onto something here.

But the other part of me fears we are chasing the wind. After all, Solana leaving and coming back at 78 years old doesn't sound a whole lot like Daniel 7. Granted Daniel 7 has time compression. But it wouldn't occur to anyone studying the passage that the little horn uproots three, then gets little again, then big again. Though the passage technically works, and I don't think anyone would complain at us if we ended up being right. But still gives me pause.

You'll find interesting what happened to me today. I still live at home for a few more months. But my family knows I am into all of this Javier Solana stuff. And this morning I woke up, and the man remodeling our bathroom introduced himself to me. I went downstairs for a bit then back upstairs, to which he then asked me "So how did you hear about Javier Solana?" Quite an unusual question to hear early in the morning! (my mom had told him I was into that stuff). He said he used to watch him a lot 5-6 years ago, and that most Americans hadn't heard of him. I agreed, and he said he had heard about him through his wife, who went on some holy land trip in Florida. Apparently the guy remodeling our bathroom goes to our church. Small world it is!

We must continue to pray for wisdom about prophecy. You have as well been a blessing to me brother! May God continue to give you wisdom as well! Keep fighting the good fight!
"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

http://www.euprophecynews.com/
eschologizer
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:24 am

eschologizer wrote:Good to hear from you all.


Woodhenot thanks for your reply. The ENP is confirmed for seven years because it corresponds to the EU's budget, which is normally seven years.

The funding instrument of the ENP is the ENPI (2007-2013) and ENI (2014-2020). This seems to go on a cyclical basis (i.e. they will probably do it again next rotation). The ENP is a program which pays member countries for good behavior, among other things. So the funding component of the ENP is arguably the most important. Israel is one of the ENI partner countries.

I guess I possibly see a future one of these, confirmed by perhaps a future High Representative Solana, to be the fulfillment.

Thanks again for your reply. What are your thoughts?


Interesting...so, June of 2022 is the middle of the 7 year once again??....uumm...
I would think it's something to watch.....thanks for explaining!!

I don't think it will be Javier Solana, but what's wrong with someone else taking over the way Solana did?
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3
 
Posts: 1141
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:07 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby eschologizer on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:37 am

Thanks for your reply WOODHENOT. Good to hear from you.

January 1, 2021 is the launch of the next EU 7 year budgetary cycle. The ENP financial programmes correspond to this. As it says in a report I saw yesterday:

The European Neighbourhood Instrument (ENI) is the main vehicle for supporting EU political priorities in the neighbourhood. The ENI has a budget of EUR 15.4 billion for 2014-20.The ENI provides a predictable, long-term envelope to support the reform priorities agreed in each country.


http://eeas.europa.eu/enp/pdf/2015/joint-communication_en.pdf

This seems to be a recurring thing, every seven years.

The reason I am hung up on Solana is because he is the only one who fits the bill for part of Daniel 7, which describes the rise of the Antichrist.

1) A ten nation military alliance existed. He was appointed as Secretary General of that alliance as well as high representative (a new position). Despite holding both positions, he was weaker than the other 10. Describes the little horn of Daniel 7.

As one book put it, Solana grew in "stature." He came into conflict with the EU3, who tried to grab power in the EU around 2004. They even tried to be the main negotiators in a major foreign policy issue, Iran's nuclear program, leaving Solana back at home.

Eventually they started bringing Solana along, at the request of the other member states who were complaining. After while, Solana became the main negotiator of the EU to the Iranians, displacing those three as the main leaders. They still came along, but Solana was the face and voice of the EU. The Bible says "he will subdue three kings." That is, three of the original ten. Which he did. The word for subdue in (aramaic in this case, I believe) means to humble, make low, or put down. It is clear Solana did this with the Big Three. On 06/06/06 Solana was shown on national news, with an Iran proposal that the Security Council could agree with. It started off with the Big Three leaving him home. But now, he became the leader.

The prophecies about the ten horns continued to thunder on.

Revelation 17:12 NASB
12 The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they receive authority as kings with the beast for one hour.


From 1995 to 2009, the ten nation alliance existed alongside the EU beast. In the treaty of Maastricht in 1992, they even agreed to "strengthen the role of WEU." So the ten had power alongside the beast.

13 These have one [a]purpose, and they give their power and authority to the beast.


From 1999 to 2009, was basically the slow death of the WEU, gradually transferring all of its functions to the EU.

Revelation 17:17 NASB
17 For God has put it in their hearts to execute His [a]purpose [b]by having a common purpose, and by giving their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God will be fulfilled.



1) At the signing of the Lisbon Treaty, all the EU countries agreed to "share sovereignty" with the EU. In this way they gave their kingdom to the EU beast
2) Shortly after this, on March 31, 2010, the ten nation alliance decided to dissolve. The reason? The Treaty of Lisbon (the treaty which shared sovereignty with the EU) already had a mutual assistance clause in it, similar but weaker to the WEU's defence clause.
3) Because of the treaty of lisbon, the EU now has a "Common Security and Defence Policy." This appears to be the "common purpose" described in Revelation 17. The WEU also cited this common policy as the reason that they were shutting down, and there was a new era in European defence.
4) During the final statement, the WEU said that they "accomplished its historical role." Notice Revelation 17 says that the kings have one purpose with which they give their power and authority to the beast.

http://www.weu.int/Declaration_E.pdf

There seems to be a pretty strong case that the WEU are the 10 nations described in the Bible. If they are, Solana is the only one who can be said to have fit the bill. All his successors can't be said to fulfill the prophecies about coming up among the ten. They could subdue the Big Three, but that would be subdueing 3 of the 28, instead of 3 of the ten.

It seems if this is true, then Solana is the only game in town. If he's the only game in town, it is he who has to come back as High Representative, and confirm one of these covenants for seven years.

Thanks for your reply. What are your thoughts?
"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

http://www.euprophecynews.com/
eschologizer
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby drdos on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:53 am

I guess All AC talk in this thread is well and good and FP approved. No problems here, no double standards... Just don't mention B.H.O and all is good.....:roll:
drdos
 
Posts: 3908
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:06 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby eschologizer on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Drdos,

thanks for reminding me of that rule. have i overstepped by talking to strongly about Solana? Perhaps I should have said something along the lines of "if this theory is correct, then Solana is the AC."

Thanks
"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

http://www.euprophecynews.com/
eschologizer
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby burien1 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:27 pm

drdos wrote:I guess All AC talk in this thread is well and good and FP approved. No problems here, no double standards... Just don't mention B.H.O and all is good.....:roll:


Thank you drdos, for pointing that out to us. :blessyou:
We all need a gentle reminder now and then.
We have a lot of comments and threads to try to cover here, so if anyone sees a rule violation, please feel free to p.m. any of us here. Or, click on the exclamation point, 3rd icon over at the top of every post. It alerts us to a violation we as humans, may have overlooked.

Blessings !

And for everyone here who may be labeling Solana as THE AC, please refresh yourself with the rules of this board.

Particularly, Rule #8. ~ No labeling somebody the AC. Instead of the person, focus on the prophecies you feel the person may be fulfilling. Let God do the labeling, not us.

Thank you ! :a2:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
User avatar
burien1
MODERATOR
 
Posts: 8763
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby Mr Baldy on Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:58 pm

drdos wrote:guess All AC talk in this thread is well and good and FP approved. No problems here, no double standards... Just don't mention B.H.O and all is good



There's not one shred of evidence that anyone "labeled" Solana the AC. Perhaps a better understanding of what has actually been written is in order.
Mr Baldy
 
Posts: 2518
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:26 pm
Location: San Antonio, Tx

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby WOODHENOT3 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:50 am

Good job researching Eschologizer ! If this were to become true, Solana would be 80 years old at Mid-point....
In Christ Always,
Woody
WOODHENOT3
 
Posts: 1141
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:07 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby Ready1 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:19 am

WOODHENOT3 wrote:I don't think it will be Javier Solana, but what's wrong with someone else taking over the way Solana did?


I think that you are correct on this point WOODHENOT3! But I do think that we can take lessons from the rise of Barrak Obama from total obscurity to President of the United States in about 2 years. When the Lord brings about a leadership change in our world, it can be very very quick, in fact, instantaneous. And it is the Lord who sets up rulers and takes down rulers.

So it is important to keep watching the players in the scene and behind the scenes. That is why I posted the following

Fernando Gentilini has been proposed as EU Special Representative for the Middle East Peace Process for an initial period of one year, in an effort to re-launch the Process as quickly as possible. Mr Gentilini is currently Director for Western Europe, the Western Balkans and Turkey in the European External Action Service and is a former EU Special Representative in Kosovo. He has also been assisting the High Representative in facilitation of Serbia Kosovo dialogue.

http://www.fulfilledprophecy.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=70552

Does anyone know anything about this man? Here is what Wikipedia says: "The page "Fernando Gentilini" does not exist"
ie, he is obscure on the world scene. (I am NOT suggesting anything about him other than using him as an example of a "bit player" who could be in the right place at the right time to assume a "starring role" at some time in the future. On the other hand, he may be a small time diplomat whose role will be limited to a short time in the limelight.)

My point is, that the Lord can and does bring about His will without our understanding, and "bit players" (or understudies) can quickly assume "starring roles" whenever the current "star" stumbles.
Just observing.

E.
Ready1
 
Posts: 2788
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:14 am
Location: Central Cal

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby eschologizer on Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:04 pm

WOODHENOT.

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate it.

He would be a very old man. But many very old men have been dictators. Granted most don't rise to power in old age, but many old men have been dictators nonetheless.

Indeed, he would be 80-81 by the midpoint. But Revelation seems to imply the AC is demon possessed. Those who are demon possessed often have super human strength (see Mark 5). Furthermore, it seems the AC is mortally wounded, and perhaps this demon possession allows for a fake "healing." I guess this is why I am less concerned about his age.

I just feel stuck, because he's the only man whose actually seemed to fulfill some of the prophecies about the AC, as opposed to an interesting person, who we have yet to see if he does something. Solana remains very unprecedented in this regard. Most things of prophecy are "seems like it will be fulfilled." But in his case, we have the strange situation where he "he has fulfilled."

I used to be open to the idea that a successor could count. But the ten nations have integrated into the EU, so Daniel 7 couldn't happen with coming up among ten kings. A future successor would come up among 28...

Thanks again. What are your thoughts?
"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

http://www.euprophecynews.com/
eschologizer
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby burien1 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:09 pm

eschologizer wrote:WOODHENOT.

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate it.

He would be a very old man. But many very old men have been dictators. Granted most don't rise to power in old age, but many old men have been dictators nonetheless.

Just a side note here. George Soros still has his grubby paws in a lot of things. He is 84. Warren Buffet is 84, as well :wink: .
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
User avatar
burien1
MODERATOR
 
Posts: 8763
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Solana Calls for European Defence Union in Wall Street Jour

Postby eschologizer on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:52 pm

Burien that is very true! Old men can be very active and hard at work.

His age is admittedly not a "pro" of the theory, but we could say it is "inconsequential" at least from a theological standpoint.

Javier is very busy. Last December he was part of a large committee that recommended the revision of the ENP, among other things.

http://www.institutdelors.eu/media/euexternalchallenges-koenig-jdib-feb15.pdf?pdf=ok

Also, since we've kinda been piling on the guy, I'll say a good thing about him. Constance Cumbey and Farmer already reported on this, but apparently he donated his kidney to a loved one, and as a result, took part in some kind of "transplantation run" like a marathon or something. (I'm assuming a relay for life type deal except for kidney's) He indeed hoped to finish this race, even if just walking.

Still strong enough to participate in some kind of five mile run apparently...even after losing a kidney. Perhaps he walked it though.
"for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath." 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10

http://www.euprophecynews.com/
eschologizer
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:39 pm


Return to What you think (About news)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests