PA has lost its ‘raison d’etre,’ Abbas to tell Netanyahu

Latest prophecy related news.

PA has lost its ‘raison d’etre,’ Abbas to tell Netanyahu

Postby Exit40 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:58 am

Last Updated: Mon Apr 16, 2012 08:15 am (KSA) 05:15 am (GMT)
Palestinian Authority has lost its ‘raison d’etre,’ Abbas to tell Netanyahu

Israel’s actions have stripped the Palestinian Authority (PA) of its “raison d’etre” creating a reality which cannot continue, Mahmoud Abbas will say in a letter to Israeli premier Benjamin Netanyahu.

“As a result of actions taken by successive Israeli governments, the Palestinian National Authority no longer has any authority, and no meaningful jurisdiction in the political, economic, territorial and security spheres,” he writes in the letter, a copy of which was seen by AFP on Sunday. “In other words, the PA lost its raison d’etre which, if it continues, will make it unable to honor its commitments,” he says in reference to the multiple agreements signed with Israel since the 1993 Oslo Accords, which brought about the creation of the Palestinian Authority a year later.

“We want to avoid sliding towards the one-state option, especially as the current status quo cannot continue,” Abbas writes. The letter is due to be handed to Netanyahu by a delegation of senior Palestinian officials led by prime minister Salam Fayyad who will meet with the Israeli leader in Jerusalem later this week. It will be the first top-level meeting between the two sides since the peace process ground to a halt more than 18 months ago in a bitter dispute over Jewish settlement building.....

Continues

God Bless

David
Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
Exit40
Supporting Member

Return to What you think (About news)