Notre Dame Cathedral Burning!

Latest prophecy related news.

Notre Dame Cathedral Burning!

Postby ToledoDebbie on Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:14 pm

Such a Tragedy, Historically and all of the Art that may be lost. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/15/paris-n ... uters.html
:cry: :cry:
ToledoDebbie

Re: Notre Dame Cathedral Burning!

Postby Jericho on Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:21 pm

I saw this, so sad :(
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:44 pm

Have they reported the cause of the fire? I watched a long time but didn't hear it mentioned. Maybe it's too soon to know.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Abiding in His Word on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:11 pm

I did hear this evening, that they have no reason to believe it was intentionally started. There was evidently some renovation going on and some workers/equipment may have been a factor.
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby GodsStudent on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:16 pm

Supposedly the Crown of Thorns that was on Christs' head was in this building. On the news earlier, it wasn't clear whether or not this has been damaged or destroyed.
I never knew it was still in existence.
GodsStudent
Supporting Member

Postby st louis steve on Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:47 am

Churches Desecrated in Ongoing Attacks Across Europe Across Europe, there has been a growing rise in attacks on churches. Countries like France and Germany have seen a spike in violent vandalism, desecrating cherished churches and Christian symbols in recent months and years.

According to the German news site PI-News, every day in France, two churches are desecrated. They report 1,063 attacks on Christian churches or symbols like crucifixes, icons, and statues in France in 2018, marking a 17 percent increase from the year before.

The Middle East Forum reports that attacks on Catholic churches in France since the start of the year have included smashed statues, broken crosses, and demolished tabernacles. http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019/apr ... oss-europe
st louis steve

Postby st louis steve on Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:34 pm

AND THAT'S BECAUSE THEY ALLOWED MID EAST MIGRATION IN.....
st louis steve

Postby Happydaddy on Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:58 am

Can someone please explain to me how the Vatican has all these historically Christian relics, artifacts, and yet Jesus is still thought of as mythology or fiction? Or in Israel there are places that are thought of as places where the Last Supper took place, but again, my brain and heart would be on fire if I knew these things actually existed, but across the globe I hear crickets. When I was a kid to me it always seemed the world of Jesus and the Bible was in a vacuum and the Bible occurred on another planet at a different time than everything else that was happening in the world. Is that a construct of the world that the Bible is fiction and not to be taken seriously? I mean obviously it is, but maybe it was that in school I was never taught that while the history of the world was being made, here is what was happening in the middle east, specifically Israel. I know that when we home-schooled there were/are curriculum that taught history in this manner thank you Lord. Anyway, my mind is just a wandering today.
Happydaddy

Postby Jericho on Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:28 pm

Can someone please explain to me how the Vatican has all these historically Christian relics, artifacts, and yet Jesus is still thought of as mythology or fiction?

I question the authenticity of these relics, because there's really no way to verify them. Some guy long ago probably said they were legit and they have been venerated ever since. Regardless, there's plenty of evidence that Jesus was real, for example: https://without-excuses.blogspot.com/20 ... jesus.html.

I've heard there is more documentation for the existence of Jesus than there is for Alexander the Great, and no one questions if he was real or not. For instance, no contemporary sources of Alexander exists. All the primary sources we have about him were written hundreds of years after his death. On the other hand, first and second hand accounts about Jesus still exist. Not that I don't believe Alexander the Great really existed, but you get the idea.
Last edited by Jericho on Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Postby Abiding in His Word on Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Excellent comments, Jericho.

"I've heard there is more documentation for the existence of Jesus than there is for Alexander the Great, and no one questions if he was real or not.

And then the 353 Prophecies that were fulfilled in Jesus is helpful.

Edited by Abiding: I remember a video/sermon on proving the truth of the Bible without using the Bible but I posted the wrong link earlier. The focus was on archaeology and manuscripts about scripture that far surpass the number of those of a secular topic. (as mentioned by Jericho above)
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jericho on Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:18 pm

Thank you Abiding. :grin:
Formerly SwordOfGideon
Jericho

Return to What you think (About news)