Need advice on our daughter

Discussion related to children, marriage and family issues.

Need advice on our daughter

Postby cocatholic on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:18 pm

My 17 year old step daughter has decided to take on an "alternate lifestyle" shall I say and we know what that means. My wife and I are absolutely devastated and feel like we are in morning despite counseling and efforts to steer her clear of this. Debate after debate, prayer after parayer, this is what she's taking on for herself along with the typical justification that secular society has to offer. We feel like such failures as this has been a horrible knock down dragged out battle.

She tells us she has apologized to her deceased grandmother, but is still very adament about her decision. I hate that we live in a world that tells us that just about EVERYTHING is OK and that to think otherwise is hateful. After a recent visit to N.Y. to visit family my wife called me in tears fearing where she will go after she's finished with this world.
Thoughts and ideas?

Tim
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

Psalm 139:13-14
cocatholic

Re: Need advice on our daughter

Postby extravagantchristian on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:44 pm

Tim, my heart goes out to you. If I could point out one good thing about all of this is, at least your daughter is living a lifestyle that she KNOWS is considered sin. She will always have that in the back of her mind, and that makes her one step closer to being saved, because at least she is aware of what she needs to repent of. As opposed to someone that lives a "good" life. Sometimes those are the hardest to get saved. I hope that makes sense.

I pray that God would give her a hunger for Him and conviction that this is wrong.
extravagantchristian

Postby Abiding in His Word on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:22 pm

Hello cocatholic,

I know it may sound over-simplistic, but can you imagine how much more our Savior loves and cares your daughter? The depth of your love can't compare to the depth of His. Turn this child over to the Good Shepherd; pray and have faith that He will search for her until He finds her. He will send others to remind her of His unfathomable love until she can no longer run from Him.

"What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? "When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. "And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!' Luke 15:4-6

Have faith and remember the prodigal son as well.

All of you will be in my prayers!

:praying:
Abiding in His Word
SITE ADMIN

Postby Kathe on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:33 pm

I agree. We had two older sons going down the wrong path, one into a marriage we knew was wrong and there was absolutely nothing we could do except turn him over to God Almighty. We knew as much as we loved him, God loved him even more and we prayed for His will to be done in our sons lives. Praise Him so much that both boys are now living amazing lives for God and the fiance of the one hasn't been in his life in almost 3 years now. Prayer does work. Just turn your daughter over to Him and let His will be done in her life. Your prayers will be heard, I'm convinced of it.
Kathe

Postby plalgum on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:58 pm

I agree Tim,I was a stray sheep,the Lord came and found me,put me on his shoulders and carried me home.He truely is the good and faithful shepheard,praise him.
Laz.
plalgum

Return to Family Room