Goodbye

Discussion related to children, marriage and family issues.

Goodbye

Postby jgilberAZ on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:29 pm

Thought this was as good a place as any to say my goodbyes. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time at FP, but it's time for me to move on. I'm tired of the debates. I'm displeased with the direction the board has taken recently. I just no longer feel this is a good place for me to spend my time. I think God has been leading me in this direction, and the recent public admonition of a brother who has demonstrated time and time again his love for God's people and his love for God's word, is the final straw. God's word says to go to the brother, then take a witness, then go public. This is not how it handled. Yes, the error in the thread should have been corrected. But, the error of the brother should have been done privately, and with great love and humility. This was not done.

Goodbye, everyone.
2 Timothy 2:24a..And the servant of the Lord must not strive ...
The meaning is, that the servant of Christ should be a man of peace. He should not indulge in the feelings which commonly give rise to contention, and which commonly characterize it. He should not struggle for mere victory, even when endeavoring to maintain truth; but should do this, in all cases, with a kind spirit, and a mild temper; with entire candor; with nothing designed to provoke and irritate an adversary; and so that, whatever may be the result of the discussion, "the bond of peace" may, if possible, be preserved.
.
User avatar
jgilberAZ
 
Posts: 1895
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:49 am
Location: Arizona

Re: Goodbye

Postby Tevye on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:46 pm

jgilberAZ wrote:Thought this was as good a place as any to say my goodbyes. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time at FP, but it's time for me to move on. I'm tired of the debates. I'm displeased with the direction the board has taken recently. I just no longer feel this is a good place for me to spend my time. I think God has been leading me in this direction, and the recent public admonition of a brother who has demonstrated time and time again his love for God's people and his love for God's word, is the final straw. God's word says to go to the brother, then take a witness, then go public. This is not how it handled. Yes, the error in the thread should have been corrected. But, the error of the brother should have been done privately, and with great love and humility. This was not done.

Goodbye, everyone.

I fully understand your feelings.

It reminds me of this verse:

You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers, relatives and friends,
and they will put some of you to death.
All men will hate you because of me.
Luke 21

but there is a promise with the prophecy...
But not a hair of your head will perish.
By standing firm you will gain life.
Luke 21

Praise the Lord. He is for us. When the world stands against us.

Bless you, and the grace of the Lord be with you!

Who knows, if I have become unpleasant, this could be one of my last posts.
Last edited by Tevye on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tevye
 
Posts: 3938
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: Goodbye

Postby aaron on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:05 pm

25 The LORD make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;

26 The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.”’

-Numbers 6:25

Farewell, jgilberAZ. May you be led out with His peace. I'll miss you.
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
-1 Timothy 6:12
aaron
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:03 am
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: Goodbye

Postby Lightseeker on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:28 pm

jgilberAZ wrote:...the recent public admonition of a brother who has demonstrated time and time again his love for God's people and his love for God's word, is the final straw. God's word says to go to the brother, then take a witness, then go public. This is not how it handled. Yes, the error in the thread should have been corrected. But, the error of the brother should have been done privately, and with great love and humility. This was not done...


I agree with everything you said, jgilberAZ. Makes me so very sad.

And now you too are leaving... :(

While I understand why you would make this decision, your absence from this board will be a big loss. I have been edified through many of your posts - thank you.

Goodbye, dear brother.
Lightseeker
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:51 am

Re: Goodbye

Postby Kathe on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:47 am

Ugh! This is one of the very few places I can go for fellowship with other seekers of the truth of God's Word. Where else to have conversation and work towards discernment of the times we are in. It's so hard to see people leave, especially those whose posts I rarely miss due to their knowledge and understanding. A void is being created. I'm sorry this happened, I'm sorry people are leaving over it. I'm sorry this matter was handled publicly instead of privately. I'm very saddened by this entire thing.
Kathe
 
Posts: 587
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: Goodbye

Postby 4givenmuch on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:55 am

jgilberAZ wrote:Thought this was as good a place as any to say my goodbyes. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time at FP, but it's time for me to move on. I'm tired of the debates. I'm displeased with the direction the board has taken recently. I just no longer feel this is a good place for me to spend my time. I think God has been leading me in this direction, and the recent public admonition of a brother who has demonstrated time and time again his love for God's people and his love for God's word, is the final straw. God's word says to go to the brother, then take a witness, then go public. This is not how it handled. Yes, the error in the thread should have been corrected. But, the error of the brother should have been done privately, and with great love and humility. This was not done.

Goodbye, everyone.



I am pretty sure I missed whatever this issue was, since I don't have a clue why you are leaving. I would encourage you to pray about forgiving us and staying with us. The devil is the one who likes to cause division and he is the one winning when we give in. So, I am asking you to consider, the damage might not be what he (the devil) is making you think it is and forgiveness on your part could spread like wildfire on this board. I for one appreciate your posts and don't like having a toe say he is leaving to live on another foot! :))))) May the Lord bless you!
Seek Humility!
User avatar
4givenmuch
Supporting Member
 
Posts: 3122
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:42 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Goodbye

Postby Cantaress4Him on Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:19 am

jgilberAZ wrote:and the recent public admonition of a brother who has demonstrated time and time again his love for God's people and his love for God's word, is the final straw. God's word says to go to the brother, then take a witness, then go public. This is not how it handled. Yes, the error in the thread should have been corrected. But, the error of the brother should have been done privately, and with great love and humility. This was not done.


I'm sorry that you've decided to no longer fellowship here, jgilberAZ. However, I believe what was done had to be done publicly to let it be known that Fulfilled Prophecy does not subscribe to the beliefs that were being propagated. And I'm sure many, many new believers are having a crisis of faith right now after reading what was put forth. When seeds like that get planted in the hearts and minds of unsuspecting people (especially new Believers), The Adversary comes in and oppresses really, really hard to try and confuse and ultimately make people lose faith. I know this -- I've experienced it when I was a new Christian. And even as a mature Christian, I have to be careful what I allow to go into my mind because I'm still susceptible to oppression from the Evil One -- albeit I'm able to resist better than when I was a new Believer. But I'd prefer not to even have to be bothered with going through that.

I just pray that what was said in the reproof will undo a lot of the damage in the hearts and minds of those who are in a crisis of faith right now because of that subject matter. It really did have to be done exactly as it was for their sakes. It was done with much graciousness and sensitivity to the feelings of the person it was directed towards. I really believe God is pleased with how it was handled.

Blessings,
Cantaress4Him

2 Chronicles 20:21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever.
User avatar
Cantaress4Him
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Goodbye

Postby Lightseeker on Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:09 pm

4givenmuch wrote:...don't like having a toe say he is leaving to live on another foot! :)))))

No worries, that "toe" is still part of the ekklesia, the called-out ones, the Body of Christ - it's still living on that foot :grin:; but I do understand what you're saying, and it is hard to see people like jgilberAZ go. I sure will miss reading his posts... :(

Cantaress4Him wrote:It really did have to be done exactly as it was for their sakes. It was done with much graciousness and sensitivity to the feelings of the person it was directed towards. I really believe God is pleased with how it was handled.

I wish that were the case but I don't agree - all I will say. This thread is not to debate whether or not things were handled biblically, but rather jgilberAZ's "goodbye" post.
Lightseeker
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:51 am

Re: Goodbye

Postby burien1 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:03 pm

Lightseeker said;
I wish that were the case but I don't agree - all I will say. This thread is not to debate whether or not things were handled biblically, but rather jgilberAZ's "goodbye" post.


Really ? Please reread this post;


"Lightseeker"
jgilberAZ wrote:...the recent public admonition of a brother who has demonstrated time and time again his love for God's people and his love for God's word, is the final straw. God's word says to go to the brother, then take a witness, then go public. This is not how it handled. Yes, the error in the thread should have been corrected. But, the error of the brother should have been done privately, and with great love and humility. This was not done...


I agree with everything you said, jgilberAZ. Makes me so very sad.




JgilberAZ brought the subject up, Lightseeker. And obviously you felt free to discuss it. Are you saying that if someone `s opinion is different from yours, they should only say good-bye.
I think others have as much right to express their opinions as you do. That`s quite unfair.

This is a sad situation and I`m sure it grieved Adam and Holly to have to take such a stand. None of us knows what communication went on behind the scenes of the board, so who are we to judge ? But we do know that our brother was admonished by his brothers and sisters with scripture, and the only thing that changed was the subject.

Adam and Holly showed sound wisdom in their decision. This board shouldn`t be used to cause young believers to stumble. One thing this board is excellent for, is teaching us not to let ourselves be so easily offended. Too many of us are guilty of that, myself included. My hope is that our brothers will get over their hurt or the offense that they perceive, and come back and fellowship with us. I for one, thank Adam and Holly for the fellowship this board provides. It is their board to run as they see fit. If I dislike something here, nobody is forcing me to stay. I don`t tolerate someone coming into my home and disrespecting me or the decisions I make, as if I`m not even there. So I wouldn`t do it to 'their' website. If I disagree with a decision, that`s what PM`s are for.
I`m still a work in progress and I`ve learned a lot from everyone here. God willing, we`ll all continue to learn together.THANKS TO ADAM AND HOLLY !
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
User avatar
burien1
MODERATOR
 
Posts: 8502
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Goodbye

Postby Lightseeker on Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:58 pm

burien1 wrote:
Lightseeker said;
I wish that were the case but I don't agree - all I will say. This thread is not to debate whether or not things were handled biblically, but rather jgilberAZ's "goodbye" post.


Really ? Please reread this post;


"Lightseeker"
jgilberAZ wrote:...the recent public admonition of a brother who has demonstrated time and time again his love for God's people and his love for God's word, is the final straw. God's word says to go to the brother, then take a witness, then go public. This is not how it handled. Yes, the error in the thread should have been corrected. But, the error of the brother should have been done privately, and with great love and humility. This was not done...


I agree with everything you said, jgilberAZ. Makes me so very sad.




JgilberAZ brought the subject up, Lightseeker. And obviously you felt free to discuss it. Are you saying that if someone `s opinion is different from yours, they should only say good-bye.
I think others have as much right to express their opinions as you do. That`s quite unfair.


Yes, burien1, you are correct. jgilberAZ did bring up the subject in his "Goodbye" post and, while I didn't intend to discuss it, you are again correct by saying that I did simply by saying I agreed with what he had posted. I'm sorry. Please forgive me for my hypocrisy - it's so easy to not see one's own faults and sins. Thank you for pointing that out. And you're right - others certainly have as much right to express their own opinions as I do :grin: .

burien1 wrote:None of us knows what communication went on behind the scenes of the board...

You're right, I don't know what went on behind the scenes so I should withdraw judgment. Again, I hope you will all forgive me.

burien1 wrote:I for one, thank Adam and Holly for the fellowship this board provides. It is their board to run as they see fit. If I dislike something here, nobody is forcing me to stay.

Agreed. You're right and I'm sorry. I just feel very saddened by the whole episode and find it hard to get off my mind, but that's another thread again, isn't it?...

Blessings all...
Lightseeker
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:51 am

Re: Goodbye

Postby burien1 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:50 pm

God Bless you Lightseeker, for so lovingly accepting rebuke. I pray I will be more like you. :hugs:
Psalm 119:105; Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
User avatar
burien1
MODERATOR
 
Posts: 8502
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:57 pm

Re: Goodbye

Postby Cantaress4Him on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:09 pm

Lightseeker wrote:You're right, I don't know what went on behind the scenes so I should withdraw judgment. Again, I hope you will all forgive me.


You got it, Lightseeker! :hugs:

Blessings,
Cantaress4Him

2 Chronicles 20:21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for his mercy endureth for ever.
User avatar
Cantaress4Him
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:14 pm

Re: Goodbye

Postby Lightseeker on Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:43 pm

burien1 and Cantaress4Him, thank you. :hugs2:
Lightseeker
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:51 am

Re: Goodbye

Postby Tevye on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:06 pm

Cantaress4Him wrote:I really believe God is pleased with how it was handled.

:humm:

:disappointed:
Tevye
 
Posts: 3938
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: Goodbye

Postby Lightseeker on Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:45 pm

I too feel disappointed, Tevye. I love you, brother. And now :lipssealed:
Lightseeker
 
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:51 am


Return to Family Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest